Sussek Machine Company Employee Reviews

A Typical Day
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WIJanuary 17, 2019
The typical day of work is packed with things to do and learning opportunities around every corner. Especially, for someone just coming into the procurement world. There is a lot of expediting due to the customer demand changing frequently. Being able to adjust your schedule,multitask, and micromanage the suppliers is a must! Knowledge of the way overseas shipments happen is a benefit but not absolutely needed.
This role needs someone secure in their abilities but willing to adjust based on the companies needs and wants. There is room for improvement in this role and as long as you have the patience to push for that change it will happen. The role is currently not very efficient - there are several tools available that would improve the efficiency of this role. There is a lot of job security in this role but no room for advancement.
This company provides amazing insurance benefits and the people you work with are like family. The events the company holds are fun. There are always homemade treats brought in and pot lucks, along with food donation competitions and chili cook offs.
Pros
Insurance Benefits - Coworkers - Company Events
Cons
Stressful - Inefficient
great place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WIJuly 2, 2018
sussek machine was a great workplace with competitive pay and room for advancement. my fellow employees and management were very helpful and always willing to try and teach new things.
Pros
paid lunch/plenty of overtime
Cons
non climate controlled
Overall a good place to work; CEO needs to relinquish some control
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WINovember 2, 2017
Staff and sales are good people to work with. They take ownership, work hard, but also have fun. They do hire "outsiders", then handcuff them because they are not among the trusted old guard.
Challenging work environment.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, WIOctober 31, 2017
Overall Sussek Machine Company is a good company and has a lot of potential to be great. A very challenging work environment. Long hours and never have a dull moment.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Randy Weber
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, WINovember 24, 2013
I would walk into work wondering what machine I was on that day. They moved us around a lot to keep us on our toes. Once the supervisor printed off the sheet of paper we went and talked to the previous shift about issues or ways to improve the job.

After that we went back for a five minute meeting about our daily results the day before. Or in some cases the returns or problems lines had. Then it was off to the manual labor of running a machine for seven point six hours out of eight hour shift.

I took pride in producing a good product and ran very many machines and loved the environment in which I worked in. I hope one day Sussek MC is ten times bigger and wish them the best.

Management would come by to make sure your job was being done correctly and co-workers were always supportive if help was needed.

The most enjoyable part of living there was the sweat and work involved to make a product manufactured in the United States which was top quality and a brand you could be proud of. Also working there taught me a great deal about machining and different types of machines and gauges. I loved it and would not of change working their for the world.
Pros
Lunch, Benefits, Pay, Experience, Training
Cons
Short Breaks, Velocity, Lay Offs based on customer demand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sussek Machine Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Sussek Machine Company Reviews by Location