Sutherland

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Great place to work and start your career.

Featured review

Sutherland selected this as a representative review
Great place to work and start your career. There is a lot of development and training for current employees so they can grow with a growing company like Sutherland.

It’s a Job

It’s good if you are in need of a job and being able to work from home is also a plus. There isn’t much opportunity for growth and management is not really accepting to much feedback from the front line workers who experience the major issues at hand. It was just ok but the specific client that I worked for needs LOTS of improvement or there will continue to be high turnover.

Pros

Work From Home

Cons

Very disorganized, no monthly incentives, very hard to use PTO time

High pressure job

a lot of pressure for little pay, You have to meet targets set for the month. Training process is fun. good coworkers and work environment. the space is very clean

Cons

short timed breaks

Very bad

Very bad place to work. Managers are horrible. They show too much partiality in regards to few employees. I do not suggest to any one. My manager she barely use to talk to her team members. No good place. I do not suggest to any one.

Pros

Cons

Very bad

Cool

It’s great, good help and encouragement. Good pay. Feel like a family. Everyone is so friendly. Support team is great. Good to have help when I don’t know the answers to consumer questions

Pros

Pay, help

Cons

Short breaks

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

My Time at the Company

There was blatant favoritism, My complaint was not addressed. Partners treated those on the lower rung of the ladder in a disrespectful fashion. The pay was great.

Pros

Had Employee Appreciation Day during which employees could sell their wares to one another.

Cons

Not dedicated to the well-being of their employees -- unless you're a partner/

Ability to work from home and steady pay

Sutherland is a great company to work for especially if you want to work from home to avoid getting Covid19. You do not have to work on the weekend. Steady hours.

Pros

Remote working from home

Cons

System issues, hard to get Fridays off, cross-selling products

Chill

Visible was a great job. pretty easy. just had to type all day and stay on chats. management was okay. lots of office gossip but besides that it was okay

Worst Management

Got a problem? Good luck… maybe just maybe you get a helpful manager. Got a voice? Shut up!Got an opinion? Shut up!Got a goal? Good luck!Go anywhere else!

Pros

It’s a place to work

Cons

It’s a septic tank to work in

Great place to work, but not much room for advancement

A typical day consists of meetings, deadlines, management is very forceful on deadlines, and the hardest part of the job is meeting expectations, that are unrealistic. Great company to work for, and the flexibility of work schedules, treats their employees well, but the pay is very low

Pros

Yes, free lunches every friday, and flexible with their schedules

Cons

Short breaks

Great for basic entry

Not a good starting pay or even starting off. The amount of things you are expected to remember and do as one person does not align with the pay you are given at all. Training is very dead.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Pay, training, hours

Good Company

Sutherland will provide you with a good role. Ever since switching to a work from home environment, Sutherland has done their best to support their employees.

Pros

Work from Home

Cons

Constant Team Changes.

Unwilling To Pay Minimum Wage!

I was excited to work for this company because the team I was assigned to were all really great people. I went through the entire process of getting hired, interviewed, attended a Zoom with my new team, and was just awaiting instructions for my first day. It was a very messy process however- their administrative person was very disorganized and I had to explain her job to her several times. They were very nice however, so I just took it in stride. I was ready to work on my start date. I quit my job, rearranged my home to create a quiet workspace, etc. Then, they ghosted me. It took quite a bit of work just to get someone to explain to me what happened. I only had one contact, a recruiter, and they did not answer my calls or emails. When I was finally able to talk to someone, (back to the disorganized admin) they investigated and found out that the minimum wage where I lived was higher than they were willing to pay. So instead of informing me of this at any point in the process, they simply ghosted me. There were several other positions that I had applied for that paid over the minimum wage amount, and I was told I would be interviewed for these positions, but again I was ghosted. Luckily I quickly found a much higher paying job where I could actually talk to a competent human quickly after this chaotic mess.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Very unprofessional and disorganized. Pure Chaos.

Productivity and great aid from coworkers

Productivity and helpfulness of all work associates. At Sutherland are well trained for any situation so it makes it easier for us to handle customers request and needs. They also have amazing team managers who are always on the frontline to assist you in any difficulty you’re facing. The best part of the job is knowing you have done an excellent job aiding your customers.

Pros

Great get together events, awesome team managers

Cons

No lunch benefits, bad transportation system

Less training and more work

Less training and more work. Schedule not convenient at all, no proper communication from managers regarding schedule and work. Trainer was good but production was hectic

It’s good for a first time job

As long as you keep your head low just go in and do your job but it’s perfectly fine working there never had any issues was never involved in any drama coaches were awesome some managers were a little unprofessional but you’ll get that everywhere you go

Pros

It was decent

Cons

Seem like they just hired anyone

I like the people and culture

Very little personal interaction but managers always available if you have a question. Good culture and diversity. Training courses available, but not enough training for their IT Systems. Would recommend them as an employer.

Pros

Good culture. Diverse. Managers available to you.

Cons

Not enough training on their IT systems.

Overall decent for first time job seekers

Would not recommend unless you are just starting off working. Maybe someone who just recently graduated high school or needs and income while going to school. The base pay doesn't support a single person, let alone a family.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Low pay, short breaks

Initially great but tedious towards the end

I worked for sutherland for almost 3 years and initially the job was great. I was learning new things and was excited to work. However, as time progressed the workload from the company increased and there is little time to relax as there is no daily limit of claims to work. I will say that overall i did enjoy my time there and the way they structed bonuses works for those whole excel and overachieve. Management is helpful in most cases and reply in a timely manner.

Pros

Bonuses, Pto

Cons

Short breaks

Great pay

Great Pay and training was excellent. I would work here again. Great management. The material you learn is very understanding and you learn a lot. You will love it here!

Pros

Pay is good, training was excellent

Official response from Sutherland

September 28, 2021
Hi there! Thank you for your kind words and 5-star rating! We are absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed the overall experience with us, and will continue to do our best to earn your accolade. Thank you again, and we wish you all the best on your career journey!

It’s ok

Been here for almost 3 months, there is not a lot of teamwork here just individual work. Too many metrics to meet with low pay. Had a health concern revolving around an extreme loss of blood and had to miss a few days to find out what was wrong and now I have an Action Plan since Sale Goal wasn’t met the month prior. Just makes you feel like you need to sale to even the customers who get on the phone and are cursing you out or demeaning. My stress levels are way worse and it is not good on someone who has PCOS.

Pros

Working from home

Cons

Paid less, no team work, managers are not knowledgeable or friendlt

Official response from Sutherland

September 28, 2021
Hello. We are concerned about the issues you have raised and invite you to connect with us at Sutherland.Experience@Sutherlandglobal.com so that we can get additional details. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.9K
2.2K
1.7K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sutherland.
Powered byComparably

Compare Sutherland with

• Sutherland
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?