Sutherland Employee Reviews

Found 2,244 reviews matching the search See all 5,480 reviews
Sutherland. More like Sufferland.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2019
Sutherland had many issues. One being management and HR who DOES. NOT. CARE. When I got transferred to another department Sutherland accidentally fired me twice and I wasn't able to do any work for 8 weeks. Yes, not working for 8 weeks and getting paid sounds great to most people, but I take pride in my work and believe that the time used could have been used better. I was also coming from a TSS position in another department and I could not believe how disorganized it was when I moved. The agents did not care. They had their cells on the floor (infosec violation), people watching Netflix/Hulu on call. Others were gun shopping. Management was also a joke there. When in my TSS position, I did not have a manager. They "forced" a WFM to be our manager but didn't give him enough time to coach us making so that other managers would try and bully us into doing their bidding (ie. helping their agents before the others. Then writing us up for refusing to help their agents first).
Pros
Long Lunches, Great Health Insurance, full time, set schedule
Cons
management, calls, co workers, no competitive wages, impossible to meet their goals
Its not a bad place to work but not the best
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2019
Its a calling center. You get what you put into it. It can get stressful at times with the customers and the place can get a little cut throat at times. However, its not all bad. The co workers are generally chill and the place is located quite convenient from the main streets
Pros
full time job and have benefits
Cons
the pay can be low and it can be tough to deal with the drama at times
Very fast paced and productive workplace
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2019
All in all the company itself is awesome but the management staff has poor guidelines and a lot of favoritism within certain sites and programs for which I don't want to state due to privacy. When it comes to promotions I do feel they have given them opportunities to employees whom haven't even worked 3 mos nor has the experience to perform tasks, but again the company has awesome benefits. If you can deal with the mess and stress then this is a perfect fit.
Pros
benefits, some programs offer snacks and food, some programs offer overtime
Cons
unpaid lunch (some programs have 30 min lunch instead of 1 hour), favoritism
ok
Consultant (Former Employee) –  KingstonJanuary 20, 2019
I got customer service exposure here. I was adequately trained her--in customer service and for the job. When I began, it was much more interesting and motivating, but by the time I wrapped up--though quite skillful I became--I lost most of my interest and motivation.
Pros
you get to learn and hone your skills for the industry
Cons
pay, working hours
The culture
Credit Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 17, 2019
There at this time just seems to be a gap from leadership to employees. Management is in meetings all day. The envoirnment is just not as encouraging as it should be, in my time the criteria for holiday changed 3 times. Sutherland hired new agents at a higher pay rate yet dropped the ball communication wise on when tenured reps would be compensated.
Pros
The gym
Nice place to work
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sutherland Camarines SurJanuary 17, 2019
Location of the site is a bit far from my house.
I learned a lot from the company
-Customer service skills
-excel file
-to over-calm stress
-to build good relationship with clients; co workers and customers
-I find my job boring if I do it repetitive (hardest part).
Pros
Free Lunch if there is a client visit
Cons
they do not take good care of tenured agents
meh
New York (Current Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 17, 2019
Don't work here.. Really anywhere else is better

low pay

Mandatory OT

little to no support from TM

No advancement

Small pay raises
Losing Next Career because of Bad, Low, Slow and Weak Management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaJanuary 16, 2019
You need to think million times if you want to work for BPO.
Company will pay you high salary but once you’re bound by the contract, it’s very hard to have work life balance and keep working under pressure. Termination will lead to employee who didn’t success in one certain program with no option and no appropriate reason. Company doesn’t know how to manage people and providing the best working environment for their employee. They didn’t know how to treat each employee equally, even after the employee already cut-off, they didn’t care or response how to release the employee so that he/she can join new employer immediately. Even they let the employee think by him/herself without any guidance. The worst thing, company didn’t pay reimbursement of visa’s fee and flight ticket as they offered before.
Pros
Multicultural working environment
Cons
Bad, Low, Slow and Weak Management
Sucks.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2019
This is a horrible place to work. I would never recommend. The managers are extremely sexist and they never want to listen to what the agents have to say about the job. They are incapable of dealing with constructive criticism.
great co-workers, and team work gets you through the day
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, JAJanuary 16, 2019
it's a great Place, just a little too much in terms of the hours, and the transport, sometimes the constant unexpected changes, i felt it required a lot however paid very little
Pros
teams and co-workers
Cons
short breaks very little pay and no beneifts
Local Management Was OK
Help desk technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I had this job a long time ago. As long as local helpdesk management was running things, everything was OK. As soon as the executives got involved, it all went downhill. Execs were too focused on making profit today. Execs did not understand helpdesk.
Great
Back Office Support (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 14, 2019
Great place to work at. Great managers and cool benefits. There is a cafeteria inside and a gym. Typical office job. 8-5 pm. Not much flexibility for hours.
Great temporary work from home
Remote Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Worked for Sutherland as a customer service technical support for Xbox customers. Work at home, they provide computer. The compensation is low, but works if you are looking for flexible part time work.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Customer Service Satisfaction Surveys
not the best
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 13, 2019
very stressful job. You are held accountable for things that are out of your control, You could solve the customers issue but if they are not happy with the website the agent who took the call is held responsible.
Pros
unlimited overtime when available
Pay is too little
Loan Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2019
Needs more money. Overworked and underpaid. Needs to pay more money for all the work a Loan verification specialist does. Too much work for too little pay.
Call Center Customer service and Sales
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Three sifts, made it easy to try and work around your family schedule. You went to work to discuss AT&T products to customers both new and current. Those who called in with problems you would have to try to solve the issues and then try to sell them products.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Sutherland is a decent place to work. I really don't know about any advancement opportunities. But the pay is decent if your in a sales position. Its defiantly a revolving door .
fast paced
Case Manager Airbnb (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2019
things are always changing at the company, which can be fun and frustrating at the same time. One you never know what to expect when you come into work from a day to day basis but then you also have to unlearn everything that you just gotten used to so that you can learn the new way.
Pros
they have a cafateria so that you are not hungry with actual cooks
Cons
nothings open on the weekends and your required to work them
When "Passing the Buck" goes too far...
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2019
Training at Sutherland Global Services did not reflect what was actually asked of us after training. Training was more like just getting basically familiar with the programs we would use, with few examples of what we would actually be doing.

There were lots of problems with working here, mostly with training and the way they maintained their programs.
Pros
simple job
Cons
evaluations were inaccurate, manager was unresponsive, impossible situations
Sutherland - My division no longer exists
Senior Programmer/Data Mining (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 9, 2019
It has been so many years since I worked at Sutherland, I cannot offer anything useful. My division of the company no longer exists. Sorry I can't be any help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.8K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight