Sutherland

Sutherland Employee Reviews

Found 2,845 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Sutherland selected this as a representative review
Great place to work and start your career. There is a lot of development and training for current employees so they can grow with a growing company like Sutherland.
They need to be upfront about specific software requirements during the interview process, and not show the trainees only a half-hour of the most time-consuming part of their job (which would be navigating/using a software platform that was never mentioned and then expecting everyone to know it just by looking at it once). Also, when there are constant tech issues going on with each trainee during training, that cuts into how much time we actually train. I spent more time waiting for tech issues to be ironed out, than actual training for anything. The expectations to be ready on the frontlines of the job were set basically by a timeline, but that timeline didn't take into account tech failures, VPN and login issues that were affecting every trainee at random moments. I lost my patience, and quit.
Pros
Remote Work at Home
Cons
Poor Training, Constant IT issues, and to connect with HR you have to go through some automated system that you can never reach anyone.
Wonderful place to work. I would definitely go back to this company. The culture is great with a driving motivation to succeed. Advancement was an option as well.
During training management was readily available to help and the management team met with me often to discuss progressIt seemed like a family atmosphere. Tried to make it fun.
Pros
Great lunch room cafe. Nice people
Cons
Not enough money benefits were not that good
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Sutherland has been a great place for personal growth as long as you let your leaders know that you want to grow within the company, they will help you get there.
It sure to be a Great Company some of the people in management need to go, play alot of favoritism instead of looking at the person work habits and abilities alot of good ,strong, team players, has left because of poor management
Cons
It can get overwhelming and metrics are ridiculous because calls are sometimes transferred with no direction. Not every call is a sale which affects metrics. The systems go down a lot.
The worse place to work. Trainers and supervisors need to be trained. All they do is sit , chat and laugh and unable to advice you on anything you are not clear on
Sutherland has always been very willing to work with my schedule, understands work/life balance and genuinely seems to take at least a professional interest in making sure you are happy. They have always been receptive to my requests without making me feel like I was bothering someone. The work can be a bit stressful (for this particular client, work at home). Its a tech support position and there is an expectation to make sales, even when the customer is clearly unhappy with the service/ has a serious problem. This is requirement is clearly communicated by Sutherland though. You perform tech support for a pretty vital resource, so customers can be really upset when things don't go right, it can be a bit taxing on your mental health at times. Even though its remote, there is chat, and the management is friendly. They do try to have a good environment. I debated giving 5 stars, but only because experience with customers is not always great. Experience with Sutherland has been overall very good. I've worked a few remote jobs, and they are by far superior on communication, concern and professionalism. The pay is decent, and if you are properly motivated, the sales and performance bonus can make the pay phenomenal. I wouldn't expect it to be an easy job, but its not super difficult overall.
Pros
good management, flexible with shifts after you've been there for a while, really nice bonus incentives
Cons
sometimes angry customers, some inconsistent micro-management crops up from time to time.
Staff was super friendly and helpful. Totally supportive with home/work life situations. I'd work for them again now but I moved out of stated. Great start over or new start job.
They have several campaigns that they offer. I can only speak from the campaign I work with. It’s currently a WFH position due to the pandemic however the culture when working in office was always positive and fun. Your co-workers and even management become close friends. Management tries to work with your schedule and helps you get back on track with any metrics you might be failing with. I personally do feel the company cares for its employees. It’s easy to move up to management positions as well. It offers good benefits and paid time off as well.
Pros
Benefits, 30min-60min lunches, management, work culture
Cons
N/a
Sutherland was great and the people, it was the customer, Sutherland was told train them for a week and put them on the phones, terrible, we were set up for failure right away. Unhappy customers everyday, not many left from training, I have pursued another career. We looked like fools and incompetent in front of the customers because we just could not help them due to serious lack of training.
Pros
Managers and tech team were great for the most part.
Cons
Terrible training, not enough money for what you were expected to do, mad customers all day long.
So far working for Sutherland has been ok. They pay could be more but it is decent. The training is REALLY intensive depending on your trainer because some are very by the book and some are laid back.
Pros
Long breaks and decent work environment
Cons
The servers and tools are very slow which is frustrating
Pay was okay enuh. Environment was friendly and fun.lots of support. Just that the late shift did kinda too draining. I love excitement so the people there and the music whole working as a plus. Chat agent.
Pros
Good pay man. Pay nice bad
Cons
Supervisors too complacent.
only take if you are desperate. training is horrible and then throw you to the wolves and take calls to troubleshoot stuff that you should not be doing. Att pay lower wages to people who are NOT qualified and they claim they care about your work/home life with the pandemic LIE they put you on any schedule and say work it or quit THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU you are replaceable at anytime they hire ANYONE SUPPORT ROOM IS A JOKE YOUR ON YOUR OWN
Pros
Home
Cons
It was good with my initial job, a good balance of work and home life with a decent pay after getting out of college that year. It was the move afterwards that changes my opinion. The work wasn't clear, we were given unrealistic goals such a joting notes down with seconds to spare until the next call.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, drastic changes are the norm
Southland is okay for the people who enjoy call center jobs. But personally I can't take the lies and over work that they do to their employees. They have alright benefits though.
They promise 6 weeks of training. Thats lie number 1. We were rushed onto the phones after 5 days, assured we would not be held to any metrics, and told we should just do our best. They immediately began drilling us on handle time and other metrics. Then when we were sent back to training, after being on phones for 6 weeks, we were told that we would only receive 3 weeks training instead of the promised 6. The 3 weeks we were given has to have been the worst training I've ever been through. Between modules not loading, terrible time management from higher ups, and just totally incompetent trainers, the training classes were a joke. Nothing we are told ever sticks and I have zero confidence or trust in anything we are told at this point. If I didn't need the paycheck, I'd leave this mess behind in a heartbeat.
Pros
Met some cool people from my team
Cons
Terrible management, Incompetent Trainers, Terrible Systems
Good Place to begin your career . Plenty of things to learn and a very supportive environment encouraging you learn something and move ahead in your career
Equipment is poor. Help on working equipment if has errors, is long waiting period. This isn't the job for you if you have high stress. They work long hours. Training is boring and doesn't help you succeed. $13 an hour is low. Breaks seem short, They take 3% out of your pay for 401k without your permission, They don't match 401k plan, which makes it difficult to save for retirement. No work/life balance. Job is simply boring.
Pros
Only good part is clocking out.
Cons
Low salary, short breaks, lousy benefits
Work environment is very fun and pleasant however aside from all gossip. Management for the most part is very controlling and demanding. Forget about advancement and or posible raise. The pay and benefits are a joke
Pros
Staff is friendly
Cons
Short breaks, medical insurance, pay
  1. Employee Reviews