Sutherland Employee Reviews

31.2K
Found 2,027 reviews matching the search See all 5,044 reviews
Not Recommended
Recruiter and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Work At HomeJuly 19, 2018
Between the empty promises and the micromanaging this is a very difficult place to work. They will string you along as far as they can, continuing to make empty promises, until push comes to shove.
Dislike
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 18, 2018
Stressful enviroment. Worked hard and never got a raise but was always offered advancement in the company. The upper management do not care for their employees and it saddens me to see this because the department I worked for was a strong group of people and we could have been successful if they would have treated us better
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2018
I was grateful for the opportunity. I learned about claims and adjustments. I am able to take this experience and apply it to my next job opportunity.
Terrible place to work
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
If you like kindergarten, high school, and prison rolled into one with your headset as the ball and chain apply for a job here. Management has no clue hat they are doing! This is one of the most UNETHICAL companies I had ever worked for.
Pros
God Money
Cons
Keep your sanity
n/a
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  kingston New KingstonJuly 17, 2018
taking calls ,dealing with different personalities,management was good enough ,keeping up with back to back calls was a challenge and team members made the atmosphere more convenient
good experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13204July 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Sutherland. It was a rewarding experience.I improved several of my customer service skills while employed at Sutherland. It was a temporary job but it prepared me for my next job.
Very fun place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 15, 2018
Great job and very understanding and flexible with hours such as school,childcare, and plenty money come motivated and ready to make good money, always have the mind set of making it personal never take it personal.
July 18, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Our goal is to enable our employees to work on interesting projects, grow their own way, and be themselves.

fun place to work at
Securitas Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2018
I enjoy my time there very friendly people.I learned a lot and came to understand each jobs. Hard workers and very dedicated to what they love doing there.
Pros
learned new things
Cons
N/a
July 18, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to know you had a pleasant experience working at Sutherland. We wish you success in your professional career.

Not the greatest place to work
TEAM MANAGER/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2018
It was a great place to work at first. The managers are not really supportive or productive. the upper management including the site director do not really have your back like they claim to do. its really all about who you know. You are not really appreciated as an employee. Not really flexible when trying to work with a particular schedule.
July 18, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to comments@sutherlandglobal.com to share your feedback more directly, so that we can properly address your concerns.

Productive, and busy fun once in awhile
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2018
Worked hard, and stressed. I learned billing. Management wasnt very well to us like they should have been. The workplace culture was allright . The hrdest part of the job was customers on the phone could be rude sometimes not too much though. The enjoyable part was lunch and getting paid.
Pros
You couldleave to go eat
Cons
Breaks
July 18, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We value our people and would like to get more specifics about the treatment you received from Management. We encourage you to reach out to comments@sutherlandglobal.com to share your feedback more directly, so that we can properly address your concerns.

Unprofessional
Online Banking and Bill Pay support Agent (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJuly 11, 2018
Place is not professional! People dressed badly and trash laying all over and profanity used daily. A lot of unfair or non equal treatment .
Managers don’t do their jobs!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
People abusing break systems, unfair treatment
July 13, 2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. We are a global process transformation company, and we employ thousands of professionals spanning 21 countries around the world.

Great company
Senior Manager, Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
Sutherland is a great company with great employees. As the senior Client Relations Manager I had the flexibility to manage my own schedule while I received the support I needed.
July 13, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Sutherland is proud of its people, and we are happy to hear that you received the necessary support to succeed in your job during your stint with us. We wish you all the best in your professional career.

Consistently growing and improving work envirnoment
Consultant of AT&T (Current Employee) –  Mandeville, JMJuly 11, 2018
Sutherland is an environment that grows and develops their employees by providing training on when when new development or programs that are implemented and and generally creating a fun and competitive environment to work in.
July 13, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to know about your pleasant working experience with Sutherland. Our goal is to enable our employees to work on interesting projects, grow their own way, and be themselves. We wish you success in your professional career.

Best Call Center i've worked at
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2018
My time at Sutherland was short since I had to relocate. But this has been one of the greatest jobs I've worked at since working at Costco. The only thing about the company I really liked is the fact that they pay good have good scheduling and are always looking to help in any ways. The only thing I didn't like to do so much was to sell Direct TV.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch
Cons
Time Adherance
July 13, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We do strive to provide competitive total rewards that are equitable in the marketplace, recognize individual initiative, and reward performance and behaviors that drive business results. Our goal is to enable our employees to work on interesting projects, grow their own way, and be themselves.

Productive; constant working environment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Management could have been a bit more attentive and professional. Coworkers seemed to be more in competition than anything else. There could have been more professionalism from all the workers after training.
July 11, 2018

Schedule becomes flexible as you advance
NA Director of Technical Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 9, 2018
- Quick advancement when recognized as a valued employee
- Rapid growth in the BPO industry
- Training for new hires but learn as you go, moving forward
- A 24 hour operation with some clients, level 1 employees may not get a work schedule to fit their needs.
- A fun and friendly work environment.
- Employee recognition for high performing agents.
- Needs more focus and training for upper management as the industry changes.
- Was given the opportunity to Direct multiple initiatives globally which gave me the opportunity to travel globally and learn multiple cultures.
Pros
Great place to advance
Cons
Employee recognition needs more focus
July 11, 2018

Hi there, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Our goal is to enable our employees to work on interesting projects, grow their own way, and be themselves. Our recognition philosophy is about recognizing high performance and value-based behavior.

We are proud of our growth story as a global process transformation company, and we employ thousands of professionals spanning 21 countries around the world. Glad to know you had a meaningful employee experience with us, and all the best!

Sutherland Global Services Las Vegas Review
AT&T ISM Billing and Retention (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2018
Do not work for this company. If you do work here expect to be just a number to them. It is a very cut-throat culture and they do not care about their employees. You can expect back to back phone calls. You can also expect to have many schedule changes. You will have to deal with very impatient and angry customers on the phone. The managers are always on you and micromanage you to an obscene level. They will fire you for very questionable reasons. There are lots of very rigid security procedures and policies to follow. The company only cares about keeping their contract with AT&T. Lots of turnover. There is lots of favoritism also.
Pros
It is a job, overtime is available.
Cons
Constant broken promises. Bad benefits. Lots of young, immature, and disrespectful employees.

Loved it
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2018
I absolutely loved this lositjon and would return to this job at without any questions asked. Very professional and career oriented staff relaxed and professiinal
July 12, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. Good to know you are having a pleasant and enriching experience working at Sutherland. Our goal is to enable our employees to work on interesting projects, grow their own way, and be themselves.

horrible company
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2018
company cares more about the client than they do their employees. high turnover rate due to lazy management and favoritism. don't ever have a life change and expect this company to be supportive because they could care less. work here if you don't have a life.
Pros
Air conditioning
Cons
micro management, underpaid, favoritism
July 12, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We do take any and all allegations such as those you described, seriously. We encourage you to reach out to comments@sutherlandglobal.com to share your feedback more directly, so that we can properly address your concerns. We wish you success in your professional career at Sutherland.

Poor Leadership and management
Retention Manager- Deme Trad (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2018
Do not work for this company, they do not care about their employee's or customers, you are nothing more than a head count for their billable minutes that they need to meet each month.

You start your day by coming in, logging onto your computer and phone and start taking phone calls!!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
They cheat you out of your benefits like PTO time.
July 9, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're so sorry that your experience has not been positive. We encourage you to reach out to us at comments@sutherlandglobal.com to share your feedback more directly. We are always looking to improve the employee experience and we are happy to have you on the Sutherland team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

57out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sutherland.

Powered by Comparably