Sutherland

Sutherland Employee Reviews

United States3,242 reviews

Found 3,242 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,822 reviews
globalprogramattcenterbpocustomagentcampaign

Great place to work and start your career.

Featured review

Sutherland selected this as a representative review
Great place to work and start your career. There is a lot of development and training for current employees so they can grow with a growing company like Sutherland.

Horrible management and they don't pay you your comission.

Management is awful and unknowledgeable. They don't pay you your commission or bonus's although we were told it was base + comission in our interview.

Cons

No commission, short breaks, told to skip our lunch whenever high call volume, bad management

Sutherland insights

Based on 1,205 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

What is the best part of working at the company?Good pay combined with a professional attitude.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The work was fine. Putting up with some of the workers was difficult.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Mostly professional, sometimes clique ishWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?You come in, clock in, meet your managers and complete your day.

Great place to work and move up possibly

Great place to work, potential opportunities to move up but it slowly. Training provided for all opportunities. Full time and part and the flexibility

Unorganized and tasteless

avoid this place at all costs. Management is incompetent and the employees are catty. There’s always some sort of argument or fight going on amongst the employees because there’s too much toxic behavior. Management drops the ball on important things like schedule changes and pto requests and won’t apologize or make it right. And the pay is not nearly enough for living in 2023.

Pros

Hour lunches

Cons

Low pay, toxic work environment, unorganized

What is the best part of working at the company?Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Individual experience with the ManagementWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?All culture are equal managed - every month there are conducting meetings about the culture What is a typical day like for you at the company?if they ask to work for OT on weekends -

Liked it

Enjoyed working there especially since work at home great supervisors I liked when we were on site as well we has a gym and Cafe and we received constant recognition

It was good working there, employee engagement almost everyday, paid on a Thursday , regular town hall

It was good working there but for my account information changes quickly so you had to make sure you’re always up to date. Quality assurance got harder to maintain for my account. Transportation for after hours was available but it was not the best due to timing issues. The food option was very limited though we had an hour for lunch. Information was accessible great family oriented culture. Weekly employee engagement and regular town hall meetings. We had the opportunity to be up skilled for the role we would like to be in on our account. Communication could have been better but was gradually getting there. All in all it was good working there just a few things that needed improvement, not change.

Pros

Paid on a Thursday, great healthcare, a-lot of engagements

Cons

Shifts are flexible but kind of hard to trade based on the account, limited lunch options onsite

Nto too badGod pay for the most partcalls repetitive but I like thatCo workers are coolSeems a bit crazy from time to time but it all worked out in the end.

It’s an ok job

Work from home job. Customers will curse you out and there’s nothing you can do about it. Expect management to be breathing down your neck at all times.

I mostly enjoyed being at work

my manager and co staff have been very friendly and always tried different ways to help complete my tasks with efficiency.cafeteria is in a different floor and that's a bit of inconvenience given strict rules about break timings

Pros

work culture and support system

Cons

cafeteria

Big let down...

Starting from training seemed to be an effort to weed out those that asked too many questions. People quit in droves enough to make OEP miserable for those left behind to make up for lost work force. All that was offered was a lot of overtime initially but dried up as time went on. Client's system pales in comparison with other remote jobs I've had with systems failing often. Not the best collaborative Team support environment by any means.

There nothing good about working for Sutherland they don’t have their employee back

I hate working for a con who don’t value their employees they will take the word of another employee over you I had bad experience it’s nothing good about working at Sutherland at they are a raciest company to work for don’t offer not type of holiday bonuses they can you know what on all different level

What is the best part of working at the company?Bonus pay and flexible with schedule What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Calls are stressful. A lot of work with little pay. No ability for growth. High turnovers What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Stressful. It was better when we had the office. Working from home we should have got a raise due to covid

Its a job

Lack of help. Management always they are going to do a coaching and never do. Customer are always angry but we are expected to get a sale out of them.

good company to work in

One of the standout features of Sutherland is its commitment to its clients. The company is dedicated to providing high-quality service and works to continually improve its processes in order to meet the needs of its customers.Overall, I have had a positive experience working with Sutherland and would recommend it to others looking for a career in the business process outsourcing industry.

Worst place ever

Worst place ever. No help whatsoever and training was super short because they needed help during Covid. Basically set us up for failure. Wouldn’t go back no matter what a horrible company

Pros

Friendly

Cons

No help

Remote

Job is not difficult but pay can definitely be better. Culture is good and management is alright. Hours are not the best. Have to work holidays. Job is remote at least

No work life balance - Modern day nonsense - Not worth it

When I started I was on one program which I loved, but then the program went away and a lot of agents were moved to a new program. When we moved they stated one schedule and promised better work life balance, but they lied. They changed everyone to a different schedule from the one promised and added more responsibility then what the role was explained as. No work life balance at all and when you speak to anyone in upper management they advise you "just deal with it" and honestly don't care. No owner ship to what they say and do. Money is not worth the stress, lack of care by company or responsibility they want you to take on. Management says one thing and do something else completely and don't care how it affects your life. They have a tendency to lie quite often and expect for you to accept it. If you need a check then go for it, but if you value having a life outside of working then find something better. The stress and lack of management is not worth the "low" check you get every 2 weeks.

Pros

work from home

Cons

everything else

Fun workplace

I love working here. The manager are so nice and helpful. They do everything they can to make you feel at ease on your job and will go above and beyond to help you succeed.

Opportunity

Sutherland had a lot of client campaigns that you could be put on some from insurance to sales to tech support. It was a wonderful place to work as I spent almost 8 years there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutherland. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight