Be respectful and responsible to new hires. Train them. Train them. Train them.
Use AIDET... remember bullying will get you I. Trouble managers. Karma comes back to you
It's a corporate-run hospital, so money will always be their bottom line. Pre-op feels like an assembly line. Management expects unrealistic, short, preop times. My manager is great, but gets pressure from above, to increase productivity in an unfair amount of time. These are humans were are working with, they're ALL different and shouldn't be held to such stringent allotments of time to get ready for surgery.
Learn how to work as a team with workers, stop being deceitful, stop doing favoritism and learn to appreciate.
Answered - Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) - Castro Valley, CA
1) Prevent burnout among staff by encouraging time off
2) Ask your staff what is going well, what they need help with, what resources they need to get their job done and respond!
3) Keep job descriptions updated to reflect what staff are actually doing so that they are appropriately classified and compensated
4) Protect staff from working too far beyond the scope of their jobs to reduce anxiety (not knowing what is about to happen or who is going to assign a project to them)
5) Work with human resources on a regular basis for help with group training, morale issues, perhaps hiring additional staff. There should not be only one person in the office who knows how to use Outlook or Excel. EVERYONE should have skills to do their work in the most efficient manner.
Invest more into your employees and understand that family comes first. Everyone needs time off to recoup with some personal time. Also make sure you are properly staffed so that your employees are not drained.
Answered - Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee) - Modesto, CA
Maintain an improved work life balance with decreased productivity standards
Answered - Physical Therapist (Former Employee) - Yuba City, CA
Link work to meaning
Answered - Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Current Employee) - Sacramento, CA