Sutter Health
Happiness rating is 68 out of 100

Sutter Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,588 reviews matching the search
It was a great company to work for. People were great for the most part. The big issue is with leadership and their lack of money management skills. Yes, covid hit companies hard, but even before that this company was hemorrhaging money.
Sutter Health has a "no promotions in place" policy that basically means that you have to leave your position if you want to advance. If you like your position and acquire new skills and duties and get reviews that would normally earn you a promotion, well, tough. You can't be promoted within your department. Burnout and turnover are very high, and the programs in place to mitigate this are totally inadequate.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Burnout, no advancement, toxic culture
I love the company I work for. Great work life balance. Great benefits; however, no room for growth for Medical Assistants unless you go back to school
A typical day in the Call Center involves speaking with patients to schedule, cancel, or reschedule appointments. Management certainly wasn't there for support.The hardest part of the job is lack of training and support. The most enjoyable part of this job was making a good friend, but really that is all.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Management and lack of support
You will get pigeonholed into one role with no room for growth. Pay is below average for this industry. The benefits are good and you get a lot of PTO, because you have to use your PTO to cover holidays.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Sutter was a great company 10 years ago, now I am a number and overworked. Leadership is horrible. No coaching, straight to discipline when it was other people doing things incorrectly or lying.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
Deteriorating company, each year more and more focus is on the bottom line, less concern about patients and employees. Management is not supportive, psychiatrists are horrible.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management, stress, lack of support, terrible psychiatrists
Sitter Center for Psychiatry has started outsourcing jobs to Utah. This does not help the staff working in greater Sacramento area. The culture has changed and the company is more focus on saving money which in turn affects the services we provide to our community.
Pros
Benefits are exemplary
Cons
Outsourcing staff is never a good idea
I love our family care unit. We help eachother and the managers are personable. The pay is great, good retirement. The only negative is that your shift can be canceled of they are over staffed.
The most cut-throat place I've ever worked. Watch your back every minute. Poor pay. No work-life balance. Always afraid for your job. Maybe the Bay Area is better than the Sacramento area.
Pros
Locations all over Northern CA
Cons
Horrible culture
you scan peoples tempatures. you ask them basic health questions. sometimes its very boring. you fdo get 1 hour lunch but its just boring sometimes.
Sutter is a overall good health care company, friendly coworkers, pleasant and cooperative patients, supportive management, benefits was ok, free medical, 26 days PTO for the 1st year, but included the holidays.
As much as I wanted to enjoy this job, I am miserable every single day I have to clock in. The training we were put through did not prepare us for what was to actually take place. The trainers repeatedly told us things along the lines of "when you're on the floor you'll know what to do." anytime we had questions about something. Some of the supervisors are nice and accommodating. This company micromanages to a T and makes doing the job overwhelming. We are put on the front lines of verbal abuse everyday with such minimal resources. We are playing the middle man, and when doctors and nurses don't get back to patients we are consistently getting verbally abused.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanaging, Verbal Abuse from patients
My managers are awesome and the benefit and pay is great. Some people although are very lazy and others have to pick up their lag and work even more hard.
Pros
Benefits, hours
Cons
Some people are more lazy then the others.
They have forced RN’s with 20 plus years outa their units; retaining RN’s with several years experience. Lying about what qualifies RN’s to stay at their Positions. Sutter Health has built New facilities and since the census is low have layed off or transferred Staff.
Great coworkers and management. Supportive of your career goals. Positive work environment. Envourages ongoing advancement in skills. Keeps up to date with current trends.
Pay is good and benefits are fine. I feel autonomous in my work and find that there is little micromanagement. There seems to be room for growth in the future but haven’t reached this avenue yet as a newer hire.
Great place to work, Great benefitsLike every job it has its ups and downs but the pay is good. There are opportunities to advance in certain departments in Sutter.
I got on the company at a time where they were still patient oriented and very flexible with the PSRs. People started to leave the company because they added a attendance point system where you can only get back that sick day if you worked the entire year.
Pros
Cafe inside the building with employee discount
Cons
Attendance point system
Sutter Health corporate is full of senior managers that have been working there for 20+ years and feel a sense of entitlement. For example, on my first day of work, I was given a tour of the office and was told not to use a kitchen that was ONLY for senior management. I have worked for many types of companies (large public,small private, and startups). I haven't felt that kind of elitist management attitude since working for a large public brokerage firm. Still, the brokerage firm never specified kitchen use only for managers. This just shows the blatant elitist attitude that I thought was long gone, but still thriving at Sutter Health.
Management priorities revolve around problem employees who call out or gossip in order to keep the peace. Employees that work hard are unrewarded, expected to do more yet punished for minute things and expected to pick up the slack. If the slack isn't picked up you are punished on your reviews along side others who weren't doing much and don't care about reviews, raises or going anywhere in the company. Tons of gossip and manipulation to get people to sway their decisions one way or another. Not very transparent. Company in general lacks direction. Lack of focus on talent.
Pros
Providers love to teach
Cons
general lack of principles in department
  1. Employee Reviews