Sutter Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAOctober 15, 2018
I always enjoyed coming to work everyday. My coworkers became my family along with my supervisor. There was always room for advancement and learning new skills.
Pros
Benefits, pay, morale
stressfull work enviroment
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 13, 2018
management plays favorites, and puts the employees against each other. it was a very stressful place to work, you are always worried about someone snitching onyou or each other to enjoy the work place.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
no breaks, management gossips to much
More focused on Administration than practical patient care
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davis, CAOctober 11, 2018
will never work there again. administration/management is terrible and care more about impractical policies than patients or employees who actually work in the clinic
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
patient care not a priority and bad work/life balance
Sutter Health
Disability Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 11, 2018
HR is a rubber stamp for the misdeeds of management. As an HR professional, the integrity of this organization is in question. They appear to be friendly and above board but that is purely a deception.
Great company to work for.
RN (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 9, 2018
Company stays on task and promotes wellness.
It is a nice environment and professional place to work.well organuzed and fun to work here. The trust is apparent daily and slows for excellent care by all staff members.
Fast Paced Enviorment
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 8, 2018
It was a great place to work. I loved working with the patients, doctors and my co-workers. It was fast paced and never a dull moment. it was easy to approach your superiors.
Pros
Discounts on car insurance and phone service
Cons
Pay was not comparable to other health industries.
okay
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAOctober 7, 2018
Monitor and annotate Telemetry and ICU patients EKG rhythms
 Notify physicians and RNs of any changes in patients cardiac rhythms
 Clerical duties, Answer phones, patient call lights, audits, assist RNs, etc.
 Set up patients EKG monitor and prepare for admits and discharges
Sutter Health
Application Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Mather, CAOctober 6, 2018
Sutter Health is conveniently located within minutes of Rocklin, CA outside of Sacramento. The hospital IT department has a very warm and friendly environment. There are scheduled training sessions to bring the teams up to speed on all new processes and procedures immediately upon impact.
If you find the right team, it is great!
Compliance Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 5, 2018
Management and leadership make all the difference. If you get stuck with a bad manager, your life will not be great. If you work under bad leadership (C-suites), your life will not be great. Management overlooks and participates in bullying. Leadership does not set the example, they are hypocrites. If you are blessed to have a great manager, then life will be great! Don't leave that position.
Pros
Great Pay, Benefits, and ability to work remotely.
Cons
The higher you go, the more politics come into play and the less successful anyone with integrity will be.
Great work environment
Referrals and Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CAOctober 5, 2018
Working here was the best place Ever. Everyone from Management treats you as FAMILY. Very understanding and SUPPORTIVE. I love and miss working there with my family.
Pros
stress free work environment
room for growth
Insurance Verification Representative (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAOctober 3, 2018
typical day at work was amazing I got to interact with many people
and community, patients
what I learned is I can grow with this company, working a contract position I had opportunity to work in different departments
management was great had great communication and understanding
workplace culture was very diverse easy going
The hardest part of the job is getting a long term position and actually becoming an permanent employee
Cons
perment employement
Great environment
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 29, 2018
Great Management and great staff . I love going to work because of the culture everyone brings in. The doctors are great as well. I am learning a lot from this department.
Pros
Great environment great staff great management
Cons
Traffic because I live far from my work site
Oncology and home infusion
Clinical Oncology/Home Infusion Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 27, 2018
I enjoyed the experience working in an outpatient oncology and home infusion setting, especially working directly with the home health nurses as well as the physicians.
Cons
After hour calls, weekends
Hard but Rewarding
Call Center Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CASeptember 26, 2018
Working for SGMF is great. Good benefits, steady hours, good pay along with PTO, and payed Holidays. I do have to say that working in this fast pace environment can be stressful at times.
Pros
hour lunches, Pto, Payed Holidays and weekends off
Cons
high stress, fast pace environment.
A great group of professionals
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 25, 2018
Be careful when you work for an affiliate because you are not paid medical benefits. The hospital/foundation also get more paid vacation days then the affiliates.
Pros
Get paid a bonus
Cons
Expensive medical benefits
was never treated so horribly in my life
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 25, 2018
I worked at PAMF a few years ago, was on the float team. Which means you are always moving to different departments day by day, (They never take this into consideration) and if you are new to a Department and ask too many questions your manager will hear about it. There was never any accountability For the other employees who were stationed in their Departments, and your managers never take your side or even see the big picture. It's very clicky, unless you know somebody most likely you're not going to make it here. My manager let go a practically half the float team while I was there, and I later found out she brought in several of her relatives.
Pros
Good benefits, overall good perks
Cons
No breaks, backstabbers, favoritism, competitive, Liars
Kept you busy
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CASeptember 23, 2018
Sutter Health was a good place to work as they really kept you busy. There was no time for downtime and there was no time to mess around. They are all about business.
Enjoyed working here
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 21, 2018
The only downside was the location was too far from where I live. The management is amazing, you get 8.0 hrs of PTO every paycheck. My supervisor is very supportive and understanding. Co-workers are helpful and we work as a team. This is a growing company which has great doctors and clinical staff.
Pros
medical benefits
Positive work environment
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Davis, CASeptember 21, 2018
A typical day was somewhat fast-paced and demanding (depending on the time of day and census). I learned a great deal as a new graduate nurse, and Sutter paid for me to obtain a great deal of additional outside education to help ensure my success. Internally, I had some very supportive coworkers but a few that were not. Management was good and open to questions and comments; provided a positive workplace. Workplace culture was mostly a supportive team of individuals working toward the same goal: care of the ill or injured patients. Hardest part of the job for me was gaining additional confidence in my skills and abilities. Most enjoyable was my fellow coworkers and interactions with them, along with positive interactions with patients.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Direct mentor was not supportive
Sinking Ship
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  SacramentoSeptember 20, 2018
This used to be a great company to work for. It has gotten progressively worse over the last several years. Their focus is on earning for the ceo and not on providing the best care cor the patients. I found alot of nepotism, as well as retaliation if you dared to give the honest opinion they repeatedly asked for. Every year something else is taken feom the employees. Started with cost of living raises for a few years and worsened to taking away many benifits of our insurance coverage. There is no advancement available for medical assistants besides the very limited lead positions which are given to the friends of current management. I was promised such a position for more than a year before I was finally told the position they had promised me did not exist. Despite the many extra responsibilities I took on and perfect reviews I recieved my pay was only increased by $4 in 8 years. Sutter shoukd be ashamed of how they compinsated ndd treat their medical assiatants as the office could not run without them and the high level of responsibility the job entails. I was fired after 8 years with no warning and then they disputed my unemployment. I highly recommend looking elsewhere. Their retirment plan is also a sick joke.
Pros
Tuition reimbursment
Cons
Poor managment, little to no chance of advancement, poor compinsation compared to other large healthcare organizations. Patient care not a priority

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutter Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight