Sutter Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and Positive Working Environment
ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES AIDE (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 17, 2018
Sutter Health is an excellent place of employment. In my 3 year experience working for Sutter I was appreciated as an employee. Management was very involved with providing day to day instruction and training, when needed, to ensure that employees performed their duties accordingly.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
No part time available
Productive but read the fine print.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2018
Good work experience. The work environment depends on what you make out of it. Take a very close look at the benefits such as legal holidays, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Work friendly environment
Cons
Inferior benefits
productive and great place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 16, 2018
Sutter health is a great place to work and build more knowledge and advance . Manager is very flexible and understanding of all that goes around . Great place
Pros
benefits and fair pay
Cons
location
Political, toxic atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mather, CAAugust 15, 2018
Imagine a workplace where backstabbing is rampant, zero leadership, toxic and a definition of a bully environment. Dare to go to HR or report unethical behavior? Prepare to be slowly demeaned by "team members" that were reported on. I was in a staff position where I was unfortunately privy to daily meltdowns and HR issues, by staff at multiple job titles. With many years' experience in multiple departments and managers, I found that the toxicity is rampant no matter where I went in SHIS, finally resigning with an excellent review in my hand. I was so confused and conflicted - was truly committed to making Sutter my workplace 'home' until retirement.
Pros
Sutter Medical staff are amazing
Cons
Read review, the list is far too long
Aide (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2018
I Was Just An Aide, I Didnt Do Much Besides Help Out. i Only Helped The Senior Citizens and Went On The Field Trips/ Bus Routes To Take Them Home. There Wasnt Much To It.
small tight knit group of co-workers
SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 6, 2018
the facility was a good place to work, the case load was up and down so some weeks you didnt get your 40 hours and others you worked overtime. They paid you to train other employees which is something I have never seen in the ST role
Pros
free lunches
Cons
tardies even 1 min late will dock you
Bad Job Culture
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 1, 2018
There is an open office so that there are no real cubicles. In a health care setting this is bad because of the delicate information being talked about. That being said, it can be very difficult to have a conversation on the phone because you can hear the people around you. There is no real work life balance. Most positions could be remote but there a lot of older people in management that don't understand how much better of a culture it would be, how much happier their employees would be, and how much money it would save the company overall. Being located in Roseville also creates a bad drive situation for most employees having a long commute.The company also boasts change and willingness to adapt but most of the management has been there for many many years and really don't want to change or adapt. Also, for being a health care organization the owns the care facilities and benefits plan they have horrible benefits.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Benefits, commute, culture, work life balance
Constant changes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJuly 27, 2018
Entirely new executive leadership team. Poor leadership at the department level. People work in silo's and believe in getting ahead by putting others down. The "gotcha" moment is prevalent.
Labor and delivery is a fun place to work
OB Technician (Current Employee) –  Castro Valley, CAJuly 26, 2018
Love working with my nurses and doctors. My managers are friendly and down to earth. Easy to talk to when a problem or situation arises. We are like family. I enjoy working at Eden Medical Center.
Pros
Nurses are awesome to work with and so are the doctors.
Cons
Low pay
employee culture is changing for the worse; FAST !
Senior Tech (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 20, 2018
great people in every dept of the hospital. The Diagnostic imaging department has 2 new supervisors that are gutting the place of experienced motivated employees while working to identify the weak workers. Sad - sad - sad
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Poor management
Great place to work.
Certified Medical Assistant-AAMA (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2018
I love it here, great place and great staff to work with. I love patient care. Management is fair and understanding. Great benefits. Flexible hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
n/a
Great benefits
Imaging Scheduler/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 16, 2018
Best benefits I've received at any job. With Sutter Health in general, you will learn Lean anywhere you go. It is something they are trying to implement company wide and many employees are not fond of it.
Management is very nice everywhere you go.
Decent
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT INTERN (JUNE (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 16, 2018
Sutter Health offers employees opportunities to succeed, but there is a necessity to be active in searching for advancing in any position. Management varies in quality, but is about average for the most part.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Management could be better
Health Information Clerk (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 14, 2018
My specific job is incredibly boring and tedious, but overall Sutter is a great place to work. Management is not good at letting people go that are not good performers of their duties or constantly complain to the point that no one in the department wants to sit next to them.
Benefits
Cons
Licensed Vocational Nurse-Radiation Oncology (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJuly 13, 2018
Rewarding job
a great company to work for that provides great benefits and the ability of advancement
Supportive of furthering your education by providing reimbursement for your courses.
Due to extreme favoritism this job became less and less desirable.
Patient Care Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 11, 2018
It wasn't the job duties or the Patients but rather the Staff that excersied extreme favoritisms that created an unpleasant work atmosphere. Many of the Staff do not have sufficient education for this type of work and many use high school type behaviors to prevail a hostile work environment. The Best part of the job was working directly with the Patients and Worse was dealing with immature Staff.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Staff Cliques and favortisms
Poor Management- poor training
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CA - Urgent CareJuly 6, 2018
The training preceptor(s) provided poor quality and inconsistent standards of training.
They are not held accountable for how they treat onboarded hires and are disrespectful and childish.

It’s dangerous for the new hire and for patients.

Management hides in the office and doesn’t want to see what they know is happening on the clinical floor.

A da
Pros
a paycheck - decent doctors
Cons
Bully atmosphere, no accountability from the staff training you, poor, poor management
Excellent pay for entry level positions.
Modesto - Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJuly 6, 2018
One of the best places I have worked. Great pay along with flexible hours. Great staff that focuses on paitient health and customer service. I decided to leave because I was tired of all the sights in the E.R. However it was a great experience and I am grateful for the connections working there as well as improving my own job skills.
Good working condition
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 5, 2018
The company provides excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and 401 k match up.

The company is concerned about its employees welfare and success
Pros
Good working condition
Great work place
Billing Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 28, 2018
Everyone worked great with each other both sides of building great team work getting claims billed out management was excellent on both sides willing to train in any aspect
Pros
Team work experience
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutter Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

78out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sutter Health.

Powered by Comparably