Sutter Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,164 reviews matching the search See all 1,166 reviews
Business Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 7, 2018
Good benefits, a lot of opportunities to branch out if your interested in promoting up. It’s also a lot of favoritism and a little bit of racial issues I have witnessed throughout the years but as long as you do your work you will be fine.
Fun Co Workers
APPLICATION ANALYST II (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 28, 2018
Fun Co Workers, great bosses, freedom to manage your own time and tasks. Directors seem to remove themselves from day to day workings and cannot relate to anyone.
Pros
great managers and supervisors
Perfect
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 21, 2018
I love my job because it is part time on the weekends and I am paid fairly unlike my other job. I would really pass the word to work here because of the fair treatment.
good
Medical Assistant - Dermatology (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 19, 2018
Enjoyed working here, just a long drive from home. working 10 hour shifts seem great when you have never done them and then you feel drained. Office I worked at was like being in high school, too much drama
Great Place to work
Director, Service & Performance Management (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 19, 2018
Great people - good hearts, lead by vision. Going through a transition to becoming a system. Lots of cultural change going on.and lots of sub-cultures in the far flung facilities but they are coming together as a system.
Digital Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 15, 2018
I was given plenty of autonomy and able to work at my own pace. Work was plentiful in the beginning, but towards the end of my assignments it dwindled. Would recommend for those who want to get some experience working in the medical field if they dont want to work with patients directly.
Pros
Autonomy and flexability
Cons
Not much hands on experience with patients
It was a good place to work
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 15, 2018
Can be stressful! Dealing with patients who are not feeling well and now they have to pay their medical bills. Constantly yelling at you as if its your fault and you already know its just because of what they are going through. Other than that it was an okay place to work.
Helping people with health needs
Patient Service Rep/Physical Therapy Department (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CANovember 14, 2018
On a typical day we saw over 100 patients. I did patient intake, interacted with physical therapists and insurance companies. It was a fast-paced work environment. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people and make them feel good about their visit.
Pros
Great health benefits.
Cons
Sometimes hectic pace.
great team
LVN Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working in the pediatric clinic for 16 years. I started as a team LVN then moved to Supervisor for 9 year, then back to team LVN. I needed a change of pace in my nursing career that I why I left to venture out to another field in healthcare.
Pros
amazing co-workers, physicians
Independence
Staff Nurse I (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CANovember 11, 2018
Worked as part of the Flu Wellness program and I must say that it has been fun. Seeing and learning new things. Being independent in regards to doing your own schedule, inventory check and vaccines or supplies as well as confirming location for clinics. Taught me a lot communication skills.
Fast paced working environment
Patient Transport & Logistics (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 10, 2018
Fast paced working environment. Respectable staff throughout the different departments.
Management are hands on with its employees.
Very convenient from where I live, as it is only a 10 minute drive.
Here as a Traveler
RN (Current Employee) –  Antioch, CANovember 5, 2018
Loved working at Sutter Delta in Antioch. I also loved working in Oakland Sutter as well but spent more time in Antioch. Would love to be a permanent staff here if 8 hour full time shifts were an option.
Good Job
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 5, 2018
medical assistant
check in and out
assisted mini back office surgeries
surgery scheduling
insurance verification
managment was good
assisted with ordering medical supplies
great company to work for
Receptionist and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davis, CANovember 5, 2018
This is a great company. You don't need a lot of experience but don't give you a lot of training. I'll give you continue education. They offer full and part-time work. They compensate you with every kind of benefit you could ask for. They gave me 6 months off when I had a baby. They help me get 3 weeks off when my father died. They're just such a wonderful company in so many ways and such a wonderful place to grow.
Pros
A lot of options to grow and move to different facilities
Poor health insurance plans for Providers in the Group
Staff Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CANovember 4, 2018
The hardest part of the job was being busy seeing multiple patients
each day, then having to go home and complete all documentation each evening. Week after week, never having specific time allotted for completing documentation during work day hours, taking time away from family.
Pros
Sutter well set up for making sure providers can document from home
Cons
High cost of health insurance
You pretty much need to be a manager pet to grow
PSR (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2018
I've worked for SPMF cardiology for sometime, failed promises and you pretty much have to be the managers pet to grow. The employees are haters, no team work, everyone for themselves. look for a new job.
A great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAOctober 28, 2018
Palo Alto Medical provided a safe, happy work environment. They also, cared about patient satisfaction and have high standards of care. I like working for a Company that has high standards.
Pros
They provided a safe, happy work environment.
Okay workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAOctober 24, 2018
They have amazing healthcare options and okay pay this company is more like a place to get started off with experience. Unfortunately some workers slack off and everyone else has to pick up the slack. You can complain about a worker 100x and nothing will get done. If there are any issues in the department you have to go above your manager into HR for something to get done. They have a lot of pros too they give a ton of PTO a year and protected sick days. It is very easy to transfer departments and the pay is decent.
Pros
decent pay, easy work, great benefits, 401K options, A ton of PTO
Cons
other places pay more, pick up everyone elses slack, low raises
Multitasking Environment
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 22, 2018
Great place to work if interested in the medical field. Staff is friendly and helpful and willing to help to be successful in departments. It's a fast pace/ multitasking environment.
Professional
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAOctober 18, 2018
Professional surroundings great weather always stayed busy. Cal train near by and bus depot station Stanford shopping center along with Stanford University and if you want to bike it to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutter Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sutter Health.

Powered by Comparably