Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employee Reviews

United States1,741 reviews

Found 1,741 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,745 reviews

Great people, strange times

Sutter is a company full of woderful people who truly care, including st the leadership level. The company however is currently going through a massive re-org that is leaving a lot of uncertainty at the administrative level.

The benefits are so good. Above average pay. Good environment. Company takes great care into making sure there is a healthy work/life balance. They are also very organized making things easy to learn.

Sutter Health insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Average pay, always short-staffed

Staff always seemed to be overworked and running on bare minimum while the pay wasn't even competitive. Managers also need to work together with employees to promote a better working environment.

Toxic work environment

really wish I had nice things to say about working here. I was with this company for a little over 5 years and at first, it wasn't awful. It is a call center job so it does have it's immediate cons. However, I thought the benefits, culture, and people I worked with outweighed all of that. I even recommended people work here all the time!Yet, this began to change the longer I stayed. Appealing benefits began to deteriorate such as tuition reimbursement and quarterly/annually bonuses. The "leadership" here is a joke. They say they care, but they don't. It's all about numbers and meeting increasingly unrealistic metrics. Everything and I mean EVERYTHING here is about image and if you don't fit the mold, you're immediately outcast wherever you go within the company.I stayed so long because I believed in the company and thought I was just going through a rough patch. But I was experiencing patch after patch and quickly became burnt out to the point my mental health reached rock bottom. This company left me with serious PTSD. I use to laugh about this kind of thing, but after experiencing everything I had with this company, I cannot recommend this as a healthy place to work.

Job security with dwindling benefits

Just as healthcare industry declines, so does your benefits and compensation at Sutter. Layers of administration and middle management say they want better care for patients but they ultimately prevent improvements and the employees autonomy to do so. It’s all about profits in the end.Over the 15 years of working there things just became progressively worse. No opportunity for advancement, no recognition for performance, worse and worse healthcare coverage…The good news is the job security. If you are a mediocre or bad at your job, you can be there a long time. Union positions seem to favor poor performers.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Little support, no advancement

Not enough training

Felt like I was thrown into a specialty without adequate training on ultrasounds. Had to work without a supervising physician on site. Staff was also toxic

Novato Community hospital is a great hospital to work!!

I honestly wasn’t anticipating a call back.. I applied on a Saturday that following Monday my now supervisor called me, that Tuesday I went in for my interview and got hired on the spot!! The hospital is clean everyone I’ve met are friendly people!! I love it!! I commute long distance however, I’m considering relocating to be closer..

It's a job

I was employed with Sutter as a Patient (customer) Service Representative for 7 years.**In short (if you dont want to read my experience): it's a job- You will be "tethered" to your desk all day taking call after call and be micromanaged. Pay isn't the greatest but the benefits are decent, plus you can work from home.** The first 3 years I worked there I loved it and always reccommended them without hesitation. Being a call center, it never actually felt like a call center, we could take the time(within reason) to listen and empathize with the patients and do what we could to best assist them. This was important to me because I was planning on going into healthcare and loved feeling like I was still able to interact with patients. It truly felt like it was a place who cared about their patients as well as their employees. It was fun! There was always a challenge or game of some sort to not only help you achieve goals, but get to know the people you work with, even outside of just your "team." There were always opportunities to do little side projects if you wanted to and get experience in other things.Sadly, things changed. "Patient service representative" was no longer the job title, it is now "customer service representative". Just like your average call center..It started to feel less patient focused; the focused moved to numbers- average handle times, how many calls you take,etc. It became much more robotic. As an example, we had to start asking patients to take a survey(in addition to them being already being asked to take one before reaching a representative) In -

Pros

Work from home, decent insurance, weekends and most holidays off

Cons

Short breaks, hard to move up unless you know the right people, can be micromanagey

Great management good benefits very team oriented non profit mission and very supportive of employees. Very supportive of learning new area great online training great emr system

Pros

Great management team oriented

Cons

For the most part friendly co workers who really care about the patients

When there are issues in the work place, management brushes it off. They are supportive with staffing needs. Co workers care about the patients. I work in out patient so I cannot speak for hospital setting. Pension is ok. If you retire need to pay for benefits until Medicare. Good health insurance benefits. Time off and sick time all grouped into one lump sum.

Not good for moms

I couldn't fulfill a positive work/home life balance. It was remote and I was told at the end of my shift that my department was being eliminated. They wouldn't work with me to change roles, saying my children were too much of a distraction.

N/a

Benefits are great. They cover you and your family for medical with minimum monthly contributions for dental and vision. Compensation is comparable to other hospitals.

Cares for their employees.

Sutter really cares about the employees, Well in my department they do. They want to know what issues that are going on with the employees work wise and personal. If there is an issue leadership will hear you out and take what you have to say into consideration. Unfortunately they just sold Revenue Cycle to R1RCM and I really hope they will treat us as good as Sutter did.

Decent pay but still leaves much to be desired

Worked with some really talented doctors. The office environment is chill but it's very busy with patients. However, I would've liked to see better training for the new hires to avoid high turnovers.

Productive and Leadership

Former ICT worker. I loved this department and the colleagues I worked with and the leadership staff (SME, TL and Supervisor) have your back 100%. They will fight for you. They mean well and with so much care. I will miss working with my former team.Sutter Health is a 5+ star. However, I can't say for working on-site but the Site MA's would take care of you. If confirmation is needed, questions need to be answered on timely manner. The Site MA's are extremely amazing (Yuba). So supportive. I was even given a letter of recommendation and a job offer when I return. Amazing!!

Pros

Remote

Cons

ICT Department closing - MA

Micromanagement and miserable employees

Great benefits and work life balance but easily can be overworked. You are constantly being watched on your every move. Every patient interaction and phone call is tracked and held against you. This is mix of a call center and front office dynamic which can easily become overwhelming. Sutter likes to cram together their departments as well so you can be servicing up to 7 departments in one area.

Love working for Sutter Memorial Medical Center

Been with the company 8 years. Love it, the work culture is great, very inclusive, good pay, and excellent benefits. I started as a CNA and now I’m a nurse. I’ll retire here.

Productive and fun workplace

If you care about patients, this is the place for you. Great team, supportive supervisors. Could use a little bit less drama, but hey welcome to healthcare in California.

If you enjoy what you do then this is a place for you

If you have a passion to help patients then this is a place to work but no option for your growth and you will feel stagnant because only those favored by upper management will rise up to the top

Good place to work and earn your living and have a stable work and benefit but stay healthy otherwise you can loose everything. COVID19 or other illness means ending your career

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No job security

Productive and Fun

Work life balance is great at Sutter. They provide team building events, recognition. Caring Leadership/Management. Hardest part of the job was when I lost employee due to medical issues or their family member. Most enjoyable, assisting employees with the medical leaves requests, helping them with their required paper and just having a listening ear.

Common questions about Sutter Health

Answered by current and former employees at Sutter Health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutter Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss