Sutter Health
Information from Sutter Health:

Sutter Health Employee Reviews

United States1,514 reviews
Found 1,514 reviews matching the search
Amazing supervisors and staff, very flexible and accommodating. True believers in making patients have the best possible care. A bit overworked and sometimes unrealistic expectations on RNs in home health.
Pros
The supervisors, benefits and pay
Cons
Understaffed and under budgeted
Managers (like in all corporations) are lying two-faced bloodsuckers. CEO makes millions a year and yet they can't afford to get us supplies we need to do our jobs efficiently.
Pros
Decent pay, regular raises, ok benefits
Cons
No 10-min breaks, overworked, no holidays off
Has become a numbers game trying to squeeze as much out of their hardworking employees as possible push them to go in when sick and give millions of dollar bonuses to the higher ups. No bonus for staff that actually works with patients. Doctor leaving by handfuls only Np and PAs remaining. No coverage difficult to get days off. Many burn outs with LOAs and FmLa. Short staffing.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
Hard to get breaks. Short staff no coverage
When I first started to work for sutter I loved it then they started to get new management in and that’s when changes began you had to answer the phone with scripts check people in for their appointment with scripts you had to repeat these scripts all day
Pros
Free lunches but not for all
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Overall
My experience working at Sutter Health was great. I felt very supported by my management. They really want their workers to succeed. Training was great as well.
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at Sutter Health are great! I got a job right out of school and the pay is 50% more than the average MA right out of school. Benefits are great.
Great place to work, great benefits, and PTO
Job security, willingness to train new grads, very thorough with standard of work practices and great rads
The management there is not knowledgeable, they cut corners and risk patient safety.This is a toxic environment.Harassment is not taken serious there.
Cons
racism, harassment, patient safety issues
Biggest pro: They had a good training program for new nurses. I felt that they wanted me to succeed.

Cons: I felt micromanaged a lot of the time, and some of those in management and leadership positions liked to play favorites. Units felt very clique-oriented.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sutter Health?
Professional and Reliable manager
Team players

Learned the MS4 system

Learned Epic

Processing of OOP and Detuctable pricing for services

Training in different department areas

Pros
Management, training, pay, flexible hours when needed
Cons
Short term employment
Sutter has been a great company to work for. I feel like I’ve gained a lot of valuable skills and education when it comes to working with a provider and bettering my knowledge of EMR. I’m ready to expandable explore new options in the medical field.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Always short staffed and lack of teamwork amongst employees
My boss and the CEO have limited perspective on women in the workforce. I would like to see more flexibility in the future. The patients and caseloads therapists recieve are fantastic, however.
The staff members including the manager, nurses, monitor techs, and doctors were all mostly supportive and helpful. Friendly culture, lots of potlucks.
Pros
People
● Overall
my experience working at Sutter Health ...sucks. altogether a waste of 13 years. Pay is horrible unless you have it in with the cliques. too stressful. No appreciation at all
Everyone is very friendly it is a great place to work, you build a family working here and there is always room for advancement I look toward everyday coming to work
I enjoyed my job there and should have never left. The flexibility of my job allowed me to be creative and develop new and innovative procedures, and allowed me to look forward and be proactive when I saw that there might be something that would impact the company and allowed me to begin working on a solution quite often before anyone else knew there was a possible problem/
Pros
Opportunity to learn and take on new challenge without questions about what I was working on.
Cons
Being on call 24/7 sometimes did get tiresome, but there were not enough well-skilled people to handle the rotation.
● Work-life balance
I currently live in California but am relocating to Texas in October.

● Overall

I have enjoyed my time here at Sutter. I have had wonderful managers and coworkers. I enjoy the physicians I get to work closely with in the unit and when I work RRT out on the floors.
Fast pace , learned new skills ,enjoyed my time on this job. Felt I made great contributions to this facility. Enjoyed working in a hospital settting never a dull moment, as healthcare is never ending, and the staff pays close attention to the patient,s and family needs and displays the utmost professional and caring manor at all times.
Pros
Great menus choices in cafeteria.
Cons
Would have liked a longer lunch period, breaks were time efficient.
Three separate times patients nominated me for Sutter Stars.... my manager hated me so she wouldn't allow me to be awarded. No matter how hard I worked it was all about the pettiness. These people were like working at a school playground for 3rd graders and unless you're in the popular group, you're nothing. My manager was more interested in doing craft projects and decorating her office to look like a Victorian parlor room than providing excellent health care.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Hateful, petty people, a hateful manager, horrible health care practices, no reward for doing a great job
Sutter is a good place to work overall. The work is stressful, and call volumes can get WAY out of hand at times. However, it is really nice assisting people for the most part. Yes, you’ll get the angry calls. People get frustrated. You’ll get that wherever you go.
Sutter has great benefits, and the pay is decent.

You will be micro-managed. It’s a fact. Between super strict guidelines for quality, timed calls, short breaks, critiquing constantly on every level. This is not unique to Sutter. This is call center work. It’s hard, it’s stressful, and your every move is watched by many pairs of critical eyes. But, at Sutter you are providing a great service to patients. I’ve always loved that. The feel at work used to be better, more upbeat. But it is not a bad environment if you stick to doing your job to the best of your ability.
Pros
Assisting patients, health benefits
Cons
Micromanagement, not a lot of true support
Love my time at Sutter. One of the best places I have ever worked. My boss and coworkers were supportive almost be coming like family! I am greatly for the time I spent at Sutter.
Pros
Awesome leadership