Sutter Health

Sutter Health Employee Reviews

Found 1,348 reviews matching the search
Sutter was a Company with a chance to change and move forward.
Good company, good benefits and payed well, a chance to work in other states, such as Hawaii. a chance to learn and succeed. unfortunately i had to leave the company and California. because of the cost of living. Would of loved to have stayed.
Management is horrible its like being in highschool again
You have cliques and favorites management will let you know I dealt with a nepotism case bad in my department. Dealt with union rules being broke and the union is worse because they do nothing. Coworkers where cool but they played right into the highschool atmosphere bull. The pay was good but not up to livable wages in that county.
Where will this job application take me?
I work as a registered nurse in the NICU. I take pride in my job and find it has many similarities to growing. I would be a great manager of people. :)
Pros
Job
Cons
No job
productive
flexible, detail oriented, is a multicultural workplace. care about staff development, a typical day you support various departments and projects. fun
Great organization to work for
It is the next level of healthcare. Progressive, ahead of the curve, and on the front lines of the healthcare issues of our time. They take care of their employees encouraging independence while also supporting a team-building environment.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Strong company that provides safest care to patients and cares for employees.
Sutter Health provides many services from Trauma, Stroke and STEMI care to the community. There is an extensive training program for staff to ensure proper training and understanding.
Fun and business!
Making the most out of every patient experience! The workplace culture has evolved to include many different geographic regions working together for our patients care!
Good pay/horrible work life balance
Pays well, but you pay for it in lack of any work/life balance, and management will tell you the same. I stuck it out for about two years and woefully regret it however. Trying to get my life back and feel normal again.
Vituity with Sutter is a great place to get medical experience
Loved my colleagues and the work environment, had a great experience and gained a lot of medical knowledge while there. Salary leaves something to be desired.
Pros
flexible schedule, opportunities for advancement, dynamic work environment
Cons
low salary for level of work
My Externship with Sutter Health Palo Alto
My Externship with Sutter Health of Palo Alto was amazing! Everyone i worked with was full of great energy. They made me always feel apart of the team. Management was amazing and very positive.
Pros
Everyone is amazing with great attitudes and are fun to work with
Great Place to work
I had a create time at Sutter, i learned a lot and met a lot of great people and doctors. I learned a lot about EPIC EMRs, Fuji Equipment, and ModLink. Every part of this job was a lot of fun.
Pros
Free Lunches sometimes
Cons
long hours when needed
Great environment with supportive managers
I have never worked at a company that has been supportive of me pursuing higher education. I have been with the company for five years the staff and the mangers are great. The pay is also competitive and they regularly compensate us for market growth.
Pros
Staff and culture of the company, high pay
Don’t Do It!
Horrible place to work because of the stress related to long hours, lack of support from upper management.
Very long hours

ME culture = Every man or woman for themselves.

Dishonesty from management.

HR is enjoying
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
See above
Not at all a friendly place.
Management is not good, reimbursement for school is debatable. Lots of men people work here. It is sad really. The benefits are really great though. No doubt.
Overall it's a pretty good place to work
Overall it's a good place to work. There is room for advancement but not paid very well considering some of the stressful factors of the job itself. I love that I am able to work from home.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Short breaks, pay
Greedy, back stabbing upper management
Was a good place to work. Employees were praised for honesty, integrity and overall good patient care. About 8 years ago, retiring upper management started being replaced with outside inapt, unknowledgeable, minimal experienced, conniving, greedy, lying, self-righteous individuals.
Pros
The name Sutter Health has been well known for decades
Cons
Employees at mid-level cannot advance. But will have to train lower paid employees the job, then be set up and fired.
Gain lots of experience working here.
I enjoy working at Sutter Roseville. It is trauma center. We have a great team of trauma doctors, surgeons, knowledgeable Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Physical Therapists ,Speech Therapists, and other valuable workers. Great place to work.
Worked from home
Telephone triage - worked from home independently on graveyard shift. Not much contact with other employees. Lots of management turnover during my time there. Learned a lot through triaging patients over the phone.
Pros
worked from home
Productive on a daily basis
I enjoyed staying busy with my patient and peers. I love rooming patients, getting their vitals, setting up for procedures and giving immunizations. I also loved getting to know patient and family medicine is the first chain of command because patient will have to come here to get the first diagnosis.
Poor Management
Leadership displays favoritism within the ranks which often leads to zero advancement opportunities. Here is the one positive aspect. The team supports one another willing to help out each other in a moments notice.
Pros
Cons
Micro Management
Competitive work
I learned so many new things in Sutter Health. it's very competitive and experience people over there. Yes i definitely i love to work with them. I am satisfied on my work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sutter Health. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight