Swagelok Employee Reviews

I love Swagelok
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHSeptember 17, 2018
I had ups and downs but what job doesn't?
I absolutely love Swagelok!

The hours are great and the salary is better.
The Supervisors take care of business and allow us to get promoted into a greater position.
Pros
Free drinks and air conditioned clean company
Cons
Alot of drama but not too much if you mind your business.
Family culture
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 16, 2018
Good family oriented company. Not very innovative and a little inconsistent with direction at times. Offers a lot of development opportunities. Promotes a lot from within.
good job to work for
Primary Operator-HPF (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 15, 2018
I think as long as you do your job and show up everyday you have job for life once your hired in they have great benefits it is a cool place to work. !!!!!!!!
productive an fun work place
Level 3 Primary Operator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 29, 2018
different jobs available
weekends off
paid vacation
holidays off
holiday season vacation off with pay
Productive workplace with great opportunities.
CNC Machine Operator- Running CNC Lathe (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHAugust 18, 2018
Great experience to support a positive life. Productive workplace with great opportunities. I would recommend this company to anyone for employment in any area.
great experience
assembler (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 11, 2018
they teach you how to put the values together, they teach you how to count the pieces for the order so that they can make the values, and package the finished product
good local company but 2-tier system is no good
Manufacturing engineer (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 8, 2018
There are basically two classes of workers - hired in and contractors which do literally everything and constitute 1/2 of the company. Temps can be anyone from warehouse assembly worker to experienced quality engineer. Company says they never "fired" anyone in their history but that's a lie.. they just don't re-hire "contractors" the next year.
VERY conservative culture - ties and collar shirts a must for every, whether you work in office or on the shop floor. Only exception is Cintas uniforms. Lots to learn if you are given opportunity as a temp, and that's a catch. You can advance quickly or get stuck doing same thing for years, just depends on your boss and luck.
Pros
free fruit bars around breakfast time, very clean environment
Cons
cotractor's career lot is uncertain, you can get stuck in the same role & pay forever
friendly
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 7, 2018
working for swegelok was nice more relaxing enviorment the people were awesome I worked in packing and inpections the pay was great I only had to leave because of family issues/
Typical Day
Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 4, 2018
Self motivating, customer service oriented. Management orders by telephone, email or customer order. Learned that my opinion and ideas matter to management, along with respect. Hardest part of job is answering the questions that your work does not pertain to. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to answer the questions I can and helping my customers get the product they need, prior to the due date.
Pros
friendliness of co-workers, collaboration among teams and departments
Cons
Some of the younger co-workers act entitled
A well run organization
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 3, 2018
Swagelok is a very organized company humming with constant activity, great people, culture and opportunity. Respect for the individual is a core value and it shows.
Pros
work life balance
Poor Forecasting Capabilities
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Willoughby Hills, OHJuly 19, 2018
Again, I have been forced into the life style of being a contractor since 2000, to be able to support my family. I have reached the pinnacle long ago, and due to the depressed manufacturing field in the greater Cleveland, Ohio vicinity that even these so called EEOC compliant companies don't want to hire people, even engineers, of my seasoning. So I never went through the hiring cycle. So, this line of questioning is of no value for you in my case.
Servicing as a Temp/Primary Operator Level (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OH 44143July 7, 2018
Learned time management, patience, and new material. Met some interesting people and gain some knowledge on machinery. The hardest part of working in the warehouse is keeping your energy up but, that just comes with discernment.
Pros
Fun events with free food.
Cons
From time too hot or too cold depending on where you were stationed.
This company hires some very skilled and dedicated workers
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJuly 6, 2018
The culture at Swagelok is a plus for anyone looking to retire at a company. The people I worked with were the best thing about working at swagelok. They offer plenty of classes for career advancement.
Good place to work.
Senior Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 18, 2018
Good place to work. Great people to work with. Free Coffee, tea, pop, bagels and fruit daily. The quality of the products is number 1.
The upper management does a great job.
Pros
Free coffee and pop
Cons
Old machines and bone head managers
say no to OFC
Picker/Laser Marker (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 13, 2018
never work here!!!! They don't hire qualified temps, short breaks and extrememly micro managed. Required to stand all day and walk to select orders. A lot of young unprofessional people.
Great Company
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 31, 2018
I worked at Swagelok as an intern and had a wonderful experience. The culture was fantastic, but the pay was less than average. The company had many people who had worked there for years., which speaks highly of the company.
The Job
aaembly (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 19, 2018
Swagelok is a great place to work, however; I need more of an challenge, and my supervisor do not want to see me move, up. there is no team work, and to much childish activities, in the company. The mandatory overtime is not respecting of the employee and their life duties, so the pay do not equal to the demand, however; they're now trying to compensate us for the extended overtime. The benefits are great, but if your a person with a ambition to grow, swagelok is not the place.
The hardest part of Swagelok is staying woke, the job is very laid back, too me its light duties work, and we make the company over billions of dollars, but pay raise does not match our efforts. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that you can make all the over time in the world.
Swagelok is a productive and fun place to work.
Order Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 16, 2018
Overall I loved the job it’s one of them jobs that in the morning your not dragging your feet but you kno what I loved going to work. I made a lot of good friends and had an awesome experience.
Pros
Chance to invest in your future and have stabit
Cons
They didn’t hire me in.
beware of supervisors and management
Primary Operator (Current Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHMay 4, 2018
supervisors have a habit of telling you one thing to your face then either doing nothing that they say the will or completely denying that they ever said anything to you.
Feet hurt all day walking & standing in steel toe boots.
Order Clerk (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHApril 27, 2018
They have their favorites. Which is not fair to any of the employees. The hardest part is walking around in steel toe boots all day and you have to meet deadlines with your order fulfillment.
Pros
Free Breakfast
Cons
Typing on boxes too small to read.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swagelok. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight