Swap.com

Swap.com Employee Reviews

United States61 reviews
My overall experience was quite stressful. This company has very poor management and ridiculous hours of standing in one spot. This company is also a firm believer in favoritism.
Great place to work, nice supervisor and hr open for everyone, unfortunately the company move to a different state. The management keeps changing, a little bit unorganized
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Too many supervisors
SWAP.com was very considerate of the employees, assigning them to work areas where they felt comfortable. If you didn't like a work area they would do the best, within reason, to put you somewhere productive to your ability.
Pros
Excellent paid holidays, 10 in all, includes both Christmas Eve and Chrstmas Day.
Cons
4 day work week includes a weekend day, Saturday or Sunday.
Lay people off out of no where over the phone. Only pick on certain people who they know will get job done. Not a reliable place to work. There's only one morning shift. They were supposed to be moving out of illinois.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Swap started out as a fun place to work Then management changed and it was run more like a boot camp At one point he bathroom doors were locked and you had to go on a list to get the key. There was no such thing as an emergency.. the point system was always in place I wouldn’t advise anyone to work at Swap
Beware of this company...it lacks communication skills, very sneaky, favoritism to the extreme that if you not one of them you will never move up within the company, promises lies, do not care for their emplees...second time they terminate their employees with no communication before hand as they claim oh we just found out...there is zero job security, and the company should not be trusted. Its shady and nobody knows what they're doing that is why its slowly crumbling. Its like brainless toddlers trying to run a business with senseless managers, supervisors and leads.
That place was horrible shut down a month after hire and I could’ve stayed at the other job I was at b4 it was the worst experience cause I was outta of work for months
I worked there for about 5/6 months since the day I started it was horrible bad management especially the lead she would always talked to coworkers and on the phone and especially racist
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short breaks
Taking photos of merchandise is not hard work but keeping up with the company standard is. Worked part time for about 5 months and company location shut down after coming back from vacation. Was laid off.
This is my first week at Swap. Training was great and my supervisor gave me weekly goals to hit the numbers she wanted. The benefits are good as well. The culture in the warehouse is good and there is on drama in it. Everyone comes to work and get the orders out. The bonus of working here is you work 4 10 hour days and have 3 days off in a row.
Pros
Benefits and 3 days off
Cons
Print out order slips labels pack items into the box use Microsoft Office to make UPS labels. I learned how to be a team leader train co-worker's the hardest part of the job made sure work put on time. The most enjoyable part of the job making sure the job is done well and efficiently.
I would highly recommend you look elsewhere for a job. Sure the 3 day weekend seemed desirable, but those 4 days you work are mentally and sometimes physically draining depending on what you are doing.
The actual work is mentally draining and you feel your soul slowly drain from your body. You can most likely see it in anyone's face at any given moment.

The management sets goals and numbers that are truly unattainable, the environment isn't set up so they cannot succeed due to excessive technical errors (I used to fix these issues and they truly did hinder everyone).

The department leads were super helpful and always willing to listen and help as much as they could. The upper management is where everything false apart. I believe that upper management is paid more than deserved and look down upon those who truly allow them to get paid that much.

If you aren't a yes man, don't work here. I have seen people give it their all, yet still get the short end of the stick.
Pros
3 day weekend
Cons
Short breaks
November 1, 2018
Hello! Thanks for the feedback, and I am sorry your time with Swap.com wasn't what you expected.

Though we don't have an Ambassador role as you indicated you were in and we just re-opened 2 shifts that work 4, 10 hours days at the request of associates. We appreciated the many who asked to work these shifts, but did not require it as we still maintain a Monday through Friday, 8-hour workday shift available.

Would you be able to submit specifics about:

- What specifically made the work mentally draining?

- What specifically made assigned goals unattainable?

- To which specific technical errors area you referring so we can address?

- What specifically fell apart with upper management?

You can provide your feedback to hr@swap.com, or even file it through our anonymous reporting system at www.convercent.com.

Thanks again for your feedback, and best of luck in your future!
Never listened to issues. Work was boring and repetitive. I would not go back there. Maybe management shake up would be good. 4/10 schedule is nice though.
November 1, 2018
Hello! Thanks for the feedback even when it's tough to read!

What specific issues did you have that you feel no one listened to? What specific management shakeup would you have recommended?

Regarding the work being boring and repetitive - describe how the role was presented to you, versus the work you performed. We often move associates around from department to department to break up the monotony, so I apologize if you did not get to take part!

If you want to share additional feedback, please feel free to send it to hr@swap.com.
It was a great concept to sell gently used children’s items, clothing, and adults clothing online. The floor leads did a great job of keeping people motivated and were there to answer questions. The upper management of the company had unrealistic goals the staff had to produce to make the company profitable. It was impossible to do your job and do it correctly so the customer would get the item as described. Many things were miss labeled by size, gender, and makers such as Levi or Arizona jeans because you had to get so many done per hour to stay in rate.
Pros
4 10 Hour Days
Cons
Short Breaks Poor Upper Management
November 1, 2018
Hey! Great feedback - thank you!

What specific goals were unrealistic, and what would have been more realistic? What got in your way of doing your job correctly?

Any additional feedback is welcomed at hr@swap.com!
I worked hard for this company for a long time. Since it's a startup, they relied on donor funding to keep the business running. When the funding dried up, they laid off almost 200 people. The few people who stayed were so arbitrary. One of the supervisors cried, so she was asked to stay. The rest of us were eliminated without notice.

Before this, they had done a really stupid hiring ramp-up. Turnover was really bad, and trainers and department leads were running around stressed out. It was a dumb gamble, and it cost good workers their jobs.
Benefits
Cons
Management are hacks
April 30, 2018
Like nearly all start ups yes, we do rely, in part, on investors to invest in the company. Unfortunately, it does not always work as anticipated and very, very difficult decisions have to be made.

I am sorry you did not enjoy your time prior to the reduction in workforce and imagine you have moved onto something that better suits your life. Best of luck!
Being a start-up company they took whatever investors they could get. They focused more on quantity of product over quality leading to many unsatisfied customers. Management never listens to people who pointed out problems or issues.
Pros
Decent concept
Cons
Cut corners, never followed through with plans, never rewarded competent employees
April 16, 2018
We are not happy to hear about your overall experience at Swap.com. We work with investors who have the same beliefs and values we do. We will certainly make sure all associates focus just as much on quality, as they should be, as our fulfillment center associates are meant to be the front line defense of poor quality!

Thank you for your honest feedback and if you need anything please email hr@swap.com!
Swap.com was a good place to work prior to losing funding and ultimately closing. The Marketing team was a best-in-class department that significantly improved the company and it's long-term viability.
April 16, 2018
Thanks for the nice feedback, but Swap.com is not closing! We are still in full operation, though we did have a reduction in workforce recently.
Relaxed place just no music to help your shift go by.
Good process

Very productive

Leads are always there to help as needed

Long hours alone

30 min lunch break
April 10, 2018
Thanks for the feedback! We do try to have fun while we work! We are also glad you get the help you need to be successful!
Don't waste your time working for these buffoons. Outbound was supposed to have been moved around Thanksgiving. Before being let go with about 200 others, they still haven't completely moved outbound. Thanks to the inept engineer who thought maybe this job involved a locomotive. A poorly run company.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Poor communication from the supervisors who played favorites.
April 10, 2018
We are sorry to hear your feedback. The downsizing was an extremely difficult decision for the company, one we did not want to make but had to if we wanted to sustain the business. We wish you much success and if you need anything, please email hr@swap.com.
Could have been a better place to work if communications were better coming from the very top. No one held accountable for lack of accomplishing goals or objectives.
April 10, 2018
Thanks for the feedback regarding people not being held accountable and the poor communication. We promise to work on both for our associates!
Everyone Except A Few People Were Laid Off && I Have Been With The Company For Over 2+ Years && Raises Are Very Poor, There Was No Heads Up Or Anything.
April 10, 2018
The decision we made was the absolute most difficult one we had to make and we wish we could have given notice about the drastic measures we were forced to take. If you need anything, please, email hr@swap.com.