SWBC

SWBC Employee Reviews

United States269 reviews

layoffmembershipgymdepartmentmortgageinsurancebenefitlay

Good company/great benefits

Overall SWBC is a great company to work for, but I dont hear much from my manager as far as my performance goes. And being a fairly new employee, I would expect to have some sort of feedback

Pros

Incentives/a supervisor line to call for assistance

Cons

Management needs to communicate more, mandatory overtime every week

It

If you want a company where they stunt your position and don't allow you to advance. Then sure this is the place for you. You will not have any work/life balance. Favoritism is definitely inevitable here. Managers are disorganized or just don't care.

Pros

n/a

Cons

No breaks, no work/life balance, pay is low.

SWBC insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Decent Position low pay

The pay is low. You will have to deal with angry customers. The company uses your PTO when they have system outages to pay you. The job is decent and easy to learn. The worst part is having to call customers and ask them to submit their paperwork because your basically chasing them. Management is very nice and helpful. They promote growth. I give them 5 stars.

Good friendly

Excellent place to work. Friendly environment. Employee appreciation and engagement. Daily interactions activities from management. Teammates are very helpful.

Pros

Free items and food employee engagement

Cons

N/a

Be prepared to be a hamster on the wheel

The portland office of SWBC was amazing before its acquisition by SWBC San Antonio. The company culture and the Portland culture did not mix well. Their policies and practices were too strict, oppressive, and mismanaged. While management in POrtland was awesome, the management in Corporate was a joke. When they closed the Portland branch, it was a blessing in disguise. RUN AWAY from this company as fast as you can.

Not a Good Place to Work

Low pay, they will lay you off in a second and then the company will hire out for several other like positions, management plays favorites and are not very professional.

Could be better

Not enough pay for the required work. I gave the hours I could work upon hire and was told I'd have those hours. However, I have yet to work the time I was told I'd have... Mandatory overtime given the same day is a bit much.

Work Overload

Requirements for phone calls are constantly changing, they expect you to learn right away. There was also constant required and mandated overtime during work week and on Saturdays and this was usually told to you by email the same day.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Job security, constantly changing requirements, Constantly adding required overtime

fast past structured incoming call center

Fast past structured incoming call cener job, gives you alot of training. and support once you get calls. however the pay could be better. mandatory over time is a bit much for inoming call que.

Pros

structured training schedule

Cons

short lunches/overboard on mandatory training

Kind co workers

The training was a little rough to start but once I got the hang of it the work became easy. Management was ok not terrible but they do have room.for improvements.

Stressful

Micromanaged day-to-day, and the policies are terrible for the customers and it causes escalations and unhappy customers. Management doesn't do anything until there is an escalated issue, and it feels like you get in trouble for following the policies.

No work life balance

No work life balanceNo room for advancement Constant change of priorities Management not willing to listen to front end employees

Amazing place to work!!

An amazing place to work!! Great benefits.....,fantastic work facilities,employee recognition.... Working at home but lots of interaction from our administration to keep everyone engaged.

Pros

Great benefits

Great work environment

I'm in the technology area so my experience is different than employees on the phone talking to customers or financial institutions. I enjoy the work life balance, the company culture, and the supporting teams.

Pros

Work life balance is beyound ideal. Great benefits and awesome employees

Cons

Pay could be better, Communication between groups can be poor, Details on processes and general lingo are not easily available as one would hope for.

Bad environment

If you need a paycheck for a while, you’ll get that. But the environment is dated and unpleasant. Hours are not flexible. Management plays favorites and can be very rude, except to their friends.

Pros

Good holiday schedule

Cons

Lack of flexibility, formal dress code, rude people and managers

Not bad but not great either.

It was an ok place to work. My supervisor literally told me there was not room for advancement. She could of told me something else or worded if differently.

Horrible Management. Revolving Door Company

Extremely horrible management. Any manager that tries to do the right thing is demoted or forced out. Revolving door company as people quit frequently. Salary is lower than industry average. Health benefits are decent if you are single. But they don't start until 1 to 2 months after starting. Free gym membership.They have some cool tech, but you likely won't learn it as they only hire people who already know it. Not much opportunity to move up internally. Blame and backstabbing culture. Claim to be agile but in reality they don't follow it and use bad software development practices.Frequently fire people based on dislike. I saw people get laid off without warning. Go on short term or long term disability and you will be laid off after you return. HR is there for management, not you..Expect to work late frequently and over 50 hours a week.

Pros

Free gym membership, decent health benefits if single

Cons

Management, salary, lack of opportunity, Hr

N/a

Work Life balance was good. Supervisors did care. Job requirements changed frequently but training department did a good job keeping up with the changes.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

N/a

Fast paced environment, hours change, management change, mandatory overtime, decent pay, good training, always constant changes depending on the clients.

Good Benefits

While working here there was good benefits and a lot of morale boost. They raised everyone's pay in the company two times when I was there to match national average. Overall one of the most decent companies I have worked for.

Excellent training and management

I worked at SWBC as a CSR and they had excellent supervisors that were genuine are highly motivated to help you succeed. The training and the pay was competitive at the time I was there.

Pros

Excellent supervisors and training, competitive pay

Cons

Didn't find the work fulfilling

Common questions about SWBC

Answered by current and former employees at SWBC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SWBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight