SWBC

United States259 reviews

Clear

benefitlayoffavaillaytrainemployeedepartmentmembership

Excellent training and management

I worked at SWBC as a CSR and they had excellent supervisors that were genuine are highly motivated to help you succeed. The training and the pay was competitive at the time I was there.

Pros

Excellent supervisors and training, competitive pay

Cons

Didn't find the work fulfilling

Amazing place to work!!

An amazing place to work!! Great benefits.....,fantastic work facilities,employee recognition.... Working at home but lots of interaction from our administration to keep everyone engaged.

Pros

Great benefits

SWBC insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Great work environment

I'm in the technology area so my experience is different than employees on the phone talking to customers or financial institutions. I enjoy the work life balance, the company culture, and the supporting teams.

Pros

Work life balance is beyound ideal. Great benefits and awesome employees

Cons

Pay could be better, Communication between groups can be poor, Details on processes and general lingo are not easily available as one would hope for.

Horrible Management. Revolving Door Company

Extremely horrible management. Any manager that tries to do the right thing is demoted or forced out. Revolving door company as people quit frequently. Salary is lower than industry average. Health benefits are decent if you are single. But they don't start until 1 to 2 months after starting. Free gym membership.They have some cool tech, but you likely won't learn it as they only hire people who already know it. Not much opportunity to move up internally. Blame and backstabbing culture. Claim to be agile but in reality they don't follow it and use bad software development practices.Frequently fire people based on dislike. I saw people get laid off without warning. Go on short term or long term disability and you will be laid off after you return. HR is there for management, not you..Expect to work late frequently and over 50 hours a week.

Pros

Free gym membership, decent health benefits if single

Cons

Management, salary, lack of opportunity, Hr

Welcome Aboard the HMS Titanic!

The entirety of Lender-Placed Operations (LPO) can be summed up as rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Non-existent management, unstructured training, and an extremely toxic work environment and corporate culture are what you will find here.

Used to be great, now it's just alright

Benefits have slowly declined over the last 5 years. Now there is nothing special or great about working here; it's all what used to be standard. Expensive medical insurance that doesn't cover much, 401k matching 3%, dental and vision are the bare minimum. Time off is available but you are discouraged from using it.

Pros

It's hard to get fired

Cons

Benefits, culture, time off, work life balance

Unpleasant work environment.

So much bureaucracy, no communication between manager and team, lack of leadership and teamwork spirit, and no appreciation/recognition for the hard work. More VPs and SVPs than staff.

Cons

No promotion or incentives. No appreciation for hard work.. You can't trust the management team.

Excellent place to work

Enjoyed the people and the work, enjoyed the people and the placesI've been. The boss is very friendly and supportive. I would happily return the anytime i'm needed.

Pros

Layed back and easy going

Cons

no complaints

Teamwork

Good Company to work for, great service to they're customers, helpful as an employer, was with them for 5 years. Great training sessions, Easily trained in all departments. Super people

Pros

Good training

Cons

Insurance high deductible

Its geat

The jobs easy and has really good benefits. Great work environment as well. The bosses are nice . co workers are great. And the training is simple enough to get through.

Home of Complacency

this is where you go when you want to be complacent. there is no movement. management was lacking, in both supervisor and manger roles. there was no training just side by sides with current agents and then throw you to the wolves. there was little to no involvement with management goals set by management were unrealistic.

Don't work here

I worked here part time while I was finishing my degree in college. The culture was miserable. My supervisor never showed up most of the time. The team was only worried about reaching their goal and never about the culture for the employees. I only lasted a month.

SWBC, once a good company

SWBC used to be a great place to work. It is decidedly not great anymore. The owners are good people but the “leaders” they have put in charge have kept them in the dark and have shifted the culture so negative that it’s hard to want to work there. Compensation is good if your in sales or a VP or higher, but for others it is average. Those that are more highly paid would telll you that the comp isn’t worth the stress and horrible leadership there.

Pros

Nice owners

Cons

Management, culture

nice place to work

It was a great place to work. My only problem was they switched offices on me and the location they switched to was too far from home. The work environment was fun and the people are friendly.

Provide a busy place to work and other actives

Every day there is something new. Learn something new every day to make the job easier. The culture is good. When there is program issues and not having knowledge to corrected the with out delays

Pros

work hard

Cons

not enough understanding

Lots of benefits but job security is not stable

My experience was that they have a lot of great benefits and they offer all sorts of services and products through HR but the job security is not stable. I constantly heard talk of people's departments being cut and restructured. While I was working there, we were restructured and many different positions were closed through attrition and the remaining employees had to absorb those responsibilities. They were constantly asking us to do more and be more efficient while piling the workload and new job tasks on at an alarming rate. I survived many of these demands until my productivity and the quality of the service I provided were the last two conflicting variables. Unfortunately, I refused to sacrifice quality of service and while finding ways to increase productivity to meet the constantly changing company goals, I did not make it in time. the turnover was getting really bad and they were not hiring employees fast enough to cover the losses and the quality of the candidates they did hire was subpar. It felt like a sinking ship every day. It was very stressful in that regard.

Pros

There are many benefits options and the pay was competitive.

Cons

Job security always felt unstable and the turnover rate seemed very high.

Ehh.

I didn't totally enjoy my time working at SWBC. The people that work there were very mean and interaction with customers or members was less than satisfying.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

Mean people

The job was part time

A typical day was making several outbound calls. The work place environment was very fast pace and goal driven. the most enjoyable part of the job was my team.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Part time

Great place to work, they really make sure you understand your position. Help you out with your monthly goals and also have great benefits. Great place to work

Great people everywhere

There were a few things that I really enjoyed about being in SWBC. The most managers are great, very professional, and they have free gym memberships for everyone! The only thing that held me back was how demanding they sort of became. It is a pretty fast paced facility overall, but they would come after you if you don't have the right amount of payments per hour. Or if you decide to switch your schedule for whatever reason.That wasn't much of the problem for me though. My main concern was with management after being there for a while. My manager got switched so perhaps that's why I decided to leave. Another thing I would like to say is that they try to tell you that you get "honorary certificates" or bonuses if you perform right (ie. 100s on quality assurance), but there are so many factors that they look into than just 100% on quality assurance. They look at how long it takes for you to type, if you made the payment on you QA call, and some other factors I'm not too sure of. I have gotten plenty of 100% on QA but I never received any sort of bonus or even an acknowledgment of any sort? Not sure, I feel like they try to reel you into thinking that it is a fabulous place to work at, and that it's easy to grow and advance from that job. In reality, if you start as a collector, you would most likely stay there for a very long time. It is a little stressful at times, but it's not too bad.

Pros

Professional setting, very good managers, good people all around.

Cons

No room for advancement, a little stressful, super competitive.

Great place to work for

Great corporate work style environment. The culture is great and the people you meet there are amazing. Also the supervisors have great leadership skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SWBC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight