Swedish Covenant Hospital
67Average

Swedish Covenant Hospital Employee Reviews

United States152 reviews
Was a PCT/ Nurse Intern at this hospital prior to being an RN at another institution. As a small, community hospital, I got to know staff members from other units easily, after picking up a shift or two. There is definitely a "community" vibe from the hospital which I liked very much-- sense of belongingness and people getting to know you, unlike working for larger institutions where reporting to different managers is the norm. The hospital has its downsides, especially short staffing the units, and management being always concerned about budget. As much as this place is very close to home, I felt that there wasn't any upward mobility in the company, and wasn't prioritized to secure an RN job as an internal employee. Eventually I left for greener pastures, But I definitely miss the community vibe from this place.
One of the best jobs I ever had. I worked the pediatric unit caring patients newborn to 18. Excellent unit. Excellent nurses. I was very proud to work there.
The majority of the employees stay because it feels like their second home or their coworkers are like their second family. Compensation wise, it is not up there...
I worked as a phone operator this work was straight to the point but very challenging. My management in the work culture place was very diverse and interesting. For person who what is thinking of getting a job like this the call volume of the office is important. The patient that call can be stressful but wanting get the hang of it it will workout. Swedish covenant hospital it has very good work environment and good benefits.
The Patient Services registration have a chaotic infrastructure and is fast paced, with constant insurances innovation. And an exposure to wide diversity of people.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
We are providing quality health service for our community. Good work place to learn new procedures and technologies everyday. Friendly working environment.
Swedish Covenant's OR is a 10 room facility with excellent surgeons and staff. Working there for 3 years truly felt like working with family. Busy schedule.
This is the location of my first phlebotomy job. The training is thorough and sufficient even tho I have already been certified. Pay is a little low for per-diem but the schedule is very flexible.
I started working at Swedish Covenant Hospital back in 2016 and I am proud to say that I have gained a lot of experience and learned new things every single day by working.
very busy workplace
learn a lot about the medical field

most enjoyable part of the job is being exposed to so much

Hardest part is dealing with the stress of the fast pace life or death situations
Good family atmosphere ,good Doctors ,co.workers managers,.Fully dedicated team Perfect clean unit.No shortage of any supplies.Enough staff in all shift.
I liked it but the the higher management was not so cool. very flexible and exposes you to alot of medical or clinical situations. nice people and diverse workers and patinets.
Work environment friendly and helpful. Typical day included call patients and following up with their ER discharge and advising them on appointments. Documenting similar complaints and issues that needed to be addressed.
I enjoy working at swedish. We are very busy, but alot of fun. Family oriented. Pay is average to the area. Great location. Management support. Very busy.
Pros
great people
Cons
short breaks
It was a wonderful experience working for Swedish covenant Hospital have great people there,Very fast pace friendly hospital cares very much about the patient and nursing staff is awesome medical staff was awesome.
My impression is that overall the hospital was well-run. However my personal experience as a new nurse practitioner was not ideal. I did not feel particularly well trained and found myself in clinical situations for which I knew I was not equipped.
Too much favoritism. Not enough pay and not compatible at all. No major room for advancement. Benefits weren’t all that great, cost you too much out of pocket.
Good benefits, nice staff, my practice manager is nice and understanding. Plus it is close to my home.

I was able to go back to school and get reimbursed for it. There's' space to grow in the organization
• Direct report to the CNO, member of the Administrative Leadership Team. Manage 90 FTE’s over 120 employees to include Nurse Managers, Clinical Coordinators, Nurse Educators, Administrative Secretary, RNs, and OB Techs.
• Responsible for a 10-bed L&D, 6-bed OB Emergency Department, 2 OB OR Suites, 16-bed Mother/Baby, and 10-bed Intermediate Care Nursery, 10-bed Peds and 17-bed Med-Surg/Tele floor.

• Opened a Maternal-Fetal Medicine Clinic focusing on high-risk maternal care.

• Accountable for the overall management and coordination of the OB department and Peds/Med-surg/Tele. Responsible for the budget and meeting daily productivity numbers in relation to patient care volumes.

• Accomplishments: Initiated hospital-wide Daily Safety Huddle, Culture of Safety Committee, Post-partum D/C Teaching, OB/Neonatal Simulation Classes, OB Quality Review Committee, Cost Containment Committee, Resident/Student Monthly Orientation, Infant CPR Classes.
Pros
all
Cons
This is a small, community hospital but a great place to work for. I can't speak for other departments, but in my department I never encountered a co-worker/supervisor who wasn't willing to help if requested.
great work environment with friendly co workers. Place always makes everybody smile. everybody is always on top of their work and happy to assist their coworker.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Covenant Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.
Swedish Covenant Hospital Reviews by Location