Swedish Medical Center - Seattle, WA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Facility Management
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2018
Facility management at Swedish is really suck and they look for cheap staff . That’s why no any professional engineer there. And they hired people who they know only
Fun place to work
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2018
The management are excellent. I feel that they care for us their employees.We have team work, And I love customers service, I have no plans to leave the company. I'm just looking for a part time job.
experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 14, 2018
- Monday through Friday job
-good benefits
-okay-ish medical coverage
-mgmt and staff was always changing
- did not provide any employee team building oppurtunities
- pay was decent
Stressful place to work
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2018
I have worked at Swedish Medical Center for 15 years and this is the worst I've seen it. Management is awful, along with the staff. Nobody wants to work and management doesn't care.
Pros
healthcare, 401K
A Great Place
Business Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2018
It is a great place to work. The benefits are great , and the work environment is fun. It is a lot of fun working with my co-workers. I like helping patients resolve their issues with the accounts.
Fun work environment.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 14, 2018
Taking vital signs ▪ Taking Medical histories ▪ Preparing patients for the medical exams ▪ Administering injection and blood draw ▪ Gathering lab specimens ▪ Front desk ▪ Scheduling appointments ▪ Answering phone calls

I learn different work environment because I work as a Medical Assistant float and after I finally find a home at Heart and Vascular, I meet a friendly patient to our office
Pros
There a birthday we have free lunch
Cons
30 mins break we have and every 2 hours we have 15 minutes break
like working job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2018
A typical day work day was working and cleaning hospital, making sure it was safe and healthy for patients. Coming inside the hospital was always and safe for everyone.
Just a part-time job for me
Shop Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 17, 2018
I only worked here because I needed some part-time work that fits into my self-employment schedule. This one worked out fine. There are many job opportunities at Swedish. I just worked in the gift shop.
Busy
Hospital phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 7, 2017
Working n patient you will always be on your feet and the work days go by pretty fast depending on your shift. They care a lot about their employees it is a very good place to work.
Immature leadership
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 15, 2017
If supervisors like you great if not they'll rarely fire you but will make it so can't transfer and you'll quit. They take sides for their favorites without benefit of talking to all parties. They can come to work in a bad mood but please don't let the peons be down for any reason. Even if you are a favorite a fall from grace can be swift so everyone watches their backs. But while you are a favorite you can pretty much get anything including getting chosen for a promotion before the position is posted or had interviews. Backstabbing isn't limited to low level staff. Doctors have been targeted by this from management as well. With jobs hard to get though low level staff will keep heads down and just work.
Pros
No OT, low cost bus pass
Cons
Leadership as stated above, you have to use Swedish providers for personal healthcare or you foot the bill as out of network, co-workers who have a lot of time for internet games, videos, browsing, shopping....with leadership knowledge
It is a fun place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2017
Exccellent, helpful and challenging in all level to work and lots of fun. The staff is very respectful towards each other and the management is very encouraging
Pros
Employee lunch
Positive place to work
Nutritional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nutritional servicesOctober 28, 2017
I enjoy working at the hospital very much , nothing I like better than helping people out in one way or another , Swedish is a great hospital for patients ,visitors and also staff members , they really stand behind service excellence
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometime short staffed
Left swedish
Insurance Rep 2 (Former Employee) –  Seattle Heights, WAOctober 20, 2017
I had to leave due to management and the pay. I loved my co workers, just the management is horrible. They have no respect for the workers what so ever. The pay is horrible and I would never come back to Swedish due to management..
Pros
Co workerd
Cons
Pay, managment, cant move up
Great coworkers who care about their job
Clinical Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2017
Great manager who gave lots of opportunity for advancement. Very fast paced. Could make improvements with staffing and supporting our floor nurses more for a less stressful floor environment
Lack of Strong Leadership
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 7, 2017
Healthcare is in rapid flux and requires incredibly strong leadership to steer an organization down a successful path. It is possible that leadership will develop but right now they are not there.
I really enjoyed helping the patients
Mammogram Technologist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2017
I was so blessed to be able to learn Mammography and Bone Densitometry while being employed at Swedish Medical Center.
I always left work with a real sense of reward.
I like my Job and my co-workers
NAC (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2017
I like my job and my co-workers, they are great and fun loving people to work with at all times. we are like family here at Swedish. I like my position. I like my hrs. I also like my department.
Good Place to Work
NA (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2017
Pros
I had lots of variety in my job. Good co-workers. Lots of training opportunities. Tuition/education reimbursement. Accessible by bus. Providers easy to work with.
Appreciated by staff.

Cons
Management needed a little more training.
There weren't enough staff.
Senior staff overlooked for promotion opportunities.
Pay was below average.

All in all not a bad place to work.
Pros
Lots of jobs posted.
Cons
Hard to transfer to a different position.
Insurance Followup Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2017
Swedish itself is a good place to work it is the management that needs an overhaul, very disrespectful to employees, we are treated like cattle just shut up and work.
Medical Industry
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 12, 2017
I started knowing nothing and left with a multitude of knowledge on patients, doctors, disesases, billing and insurance. Most places were fast paced and fun.
Pros
the science of medicine
Cons
insurancre dictating a patients health