Swedish Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hardest and favorite job ive ever had
IMCU Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2018
Union requires waiting for the job you want. Worth it if you can take it. Incredibly high work standards, very high acuity. Excellent pay and benefits.
Would work here again
Senior Reimbursement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2018
Great work environment. Manager allowed us to do our jobs be creative and encouraged out of the box thinking. Was able to educate others in my department which greatly helped the hospitals bottom line.
Healthcare challenges
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 23, 2018
Healthcare is a challenging environment as a whole right now. Swedish Medical Center (Seattle, not the logo linked to this review) is no different from other organizations. Managers have workloads larger than there are hours in a day. Most, if not all, staff are overwhelmed, overworked and exhausted. Patients are receiving excellent care, but acuity and volumes continue to increase faster than support and resources do.
interesting
STAFF RADIOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 22, 2018
Very interesting place to work. lots of trauma. really good team of providers and personnel. Very organized environment . Pressure to work quickly but surrounded by plenty of support.
Good
Health Scholar (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 21, 2018
Good opportunity to gain hospital experience. Get to work alongside nurses and CNA's in carrying out basic tasks such as taking vitals, discharging, and bathing patients.
management
Current Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2018
Unable to locate qualified leaders to operate the organization. They do not invest in their infrastructure which puts the patients and staff at risk. Salaries are too low.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Rate of pay
Great benefits and nursing staff
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 8, 2018
Poor management,many changes with CEO, not the same since Providence took over. Outdated broken equipment. On the other hand: great nursing staff, great perks such as employee meals, nurses week functions, bus passes, benefits, 401 k.
Pros
Great Employee perks
Cons
Poor management
great place to work with physical therapist
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  cherry hill campus, seatlleJune 6, 2018
I am a physical therapist in India and i dont hold license here, so love to work physical therapist and learn more new techniques.. I like to interact with patients in soft smiling way.
Fine place to work
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 5, 2018
Swedish is a fine Hospital, but the management sometimes is not that good. I do not know in some Department, i hope they improve their management and how to treat employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management
So happy I'm no longer there
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 5, 2018
My experience was very poor. Management really needs more training on how to properly interact with employees. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work here.
I did not like working for a union
Dietary/ Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 1, 2018
As employees were promoted due to length of employment/rather than skill or knowledge. Poor management. I discovered that I did not like working for a union.
Pros
Job security
Cons
working under employees that had less knowledge & job skills.
Horrible place to work
Registrar (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 30, 2018
Management is horrible, they do not know what they are doing. They expect too much from you, they are ungrateful, it is always understaffed. Turn over rate is horrible. I would not recommend working here. All they care about is money here your expected to collect so much for the company on such little pay.
Pros
co workers
Not in my department
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
my job was cleaning the departments. I didn't feel that the management cared about the employees a lot of employees were injured on the job, including myself. No support for that manager as far as our personal safety, only get the job done.
Not bad
RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 29, 2018
Pros: good benefits (if no dependents), flexible schedule, many opportunities
Cons: Pay for parking, working downtown, old building, shortage of staff
Don't come here
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2018
Ballard's current CNO, Leslee Goetz, is the worst. Never follows through on anything. Pretends to care about employees. Only has a presence on nursing units when there's about to be a survey or during nurse's week for appearance's sake.

Swedish in general is wasteful with their money. Won't make any changes to policies brought up by staff as a safety or practice concern unless there's a lawsuit. Medical benefits are awful. You'll pay 20% of the bill for basically anything. I personally had to pay over $1000 out of pocket for a two hour ER visit to get antibiotics for a UTI and a friend paid $900 out of pocket for two stitches.

Nursing morale is incredibly low. Everyone I know is looking for another job. I almost never get a lunch break. I was advised by the CNO to let an NAC or HUC cover my patients during my breaks...which constitutes patient abandonment and could make me lose my license.

Ugh.
Great teamwork
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2018
This facility provides great teamwork. The staff is amazing and very helpful. Everyone is so friendly. Management is so open to requests and suggestions. They're just really down to earth people, it's like talking to your best friend instead of your boss.
Great team in the ED
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMay 18, 2018
My experience working for Swedish was that there is a great team. Great physicians, the most amazing physicians. There is a great autonomy between nurses, techs and MDs.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Big turn over with management and lack of guidance from management.
Love facility and people
SENIOR TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 18, 2018
Fast, busy - but friendly and secure. Not many events for employees
Projects after projects, renovation after renovation.
Leadership is good, units with top technology, IT department team is great.
Environmental Services
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMay 17, 2018
Great place to work. Diversity, Multi cultural. Very nice co workers. Down side poor management in certain departments and a need for more education and training.
Pros
Great place
Cons
training and communication
team work emphasized
Nutrition Technician/ Dietary aid/ Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMay 12, 2018
I do a variety of jobs, which I enjoy. Sometimes, I pass trays, at other times I work on tray line or in the diet office answering the phones and helping pts. order their meals. At the end of the evening shift and if I have been working on tray line, I restock for the morning crew. Management is always looking for ways to improve ea job. They focus on the challenges and come up with solutions. The workplace has a very cordial atmosphere and as long as you work to the best of your ability, you are appreciated. The hardest part of the job is helping pts. to adjust to a different eating regime. The best part of the job, is having a pt. tell you that you have been very helpful.
Pros
free meals, flexible schedule
Cons
as prn, I have to get healthcare elsewhere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight