Swedish Medical Center Employee Reviews

A great place to work.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 8, 2019
A great place to work. HCA has been diverse in patients and staff. A very helpful group of people to work with. I enjoyed the atmosphere and culture. Thank you.
Great Training
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2019
The daily schedule was filled with multiple surgeries.

Swedish training for cardiac surgery, which was a skill that I did not have.

The hardest part of the job was being understaffed
Great work environment
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2018
Good team in the ER. Working per diem as a nurse here was great and the charge nurses and nurse manager were always supportive. You would be lucky to work with this team!
My mistake
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 26, 2018
My mistake for going to work there. No AVP of medical imaging since September 16, 2018; No Director of Radiology since May 25, 2018 and NO assistant Director of Radiology since January 7, 2018. The lack of management has spiraled the department into chaos to the point that the remaining employees are cursing and yelling at each other. TOXIC ENVIRONMENT.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No support for anything
Swedish Medical Center
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CODecember 15, 2018
Swedish medical center has been the best place I have worked for . Swedish Medical Center helped me get promoted to a Surgical Technologist II to a Surgical Technologist III. I have learned orthopedic procedures in depth .
Pros
Cons
Pay
An excellence workplace experience
Administrative and Community Engagement Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 13, 2018
Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues. Swedish culture was very engaging, respectful and friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was informational interviews, I was able to interview more than 40 people from different roles and department. Informational interview helped me build new relationships, with all sorts of new people that I may not have met otherwise staying in my comfort zone. It was also an opportunity for me to grow and challenge myself for more.
It's hard!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 30, 2018
I've heard that it's not a good place to start out as far as salary, but if you're an experienced nurse you have the opportunity to get a good raise(if you do the extra credit). Be prepared to bargain for your initial salary. They are usually understaffed and have what I feel are unreasonable expectations. If someone calls in, everyone just gets an extra patient. Over five years I'd only seen two agency nurses! On average nurses have 5-6 patients at night with no tech. 4/5 of those patients will be total care! Lot's of micromanaging! Even if you're on day shift with 5 patients and no tech- you will get written up if there are any med errors, dressings not changed, hourly rounding not charted, you have overtime, or you don't clock out for lunch for the full thirty minutes. The good parts: not religious, benefits for same sex couples, 90% of managers hired from within, raises, good team-work, when there is a problem it is actually dealt with within a week( as long as it doesn't involve hiring more staff).
Pros
managers hired from within, easy to get raises, not religious
Cons
predominantly shortstaffed, micromanaging, unreasonable workload
Good job, not for a working mother
ER REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 28, 2018
I was unable to take time away for my children, whether they were sick or had appointments. I had a baby and was asked if i needed to come back full time or part time when i stated part time they made me reapply for my position and told me. As a mother its just not a job for a family the hours are long and when they are short staffed they are not very happy when you cannot pick up overtime.
work well
Environmental Services Tech ll (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WANovember 23, 2018
Working at Swedish was a great Experience for the most part. Dealing with Nurses, Dr's, and patients was the great part. Dealing with the one sided management at Swedish was a terrible experience. Management does not follow the mission what so ever. if you try to ask questions about the mission or the quality in which they do not follow You will be black balled.
Stressed
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Englewood CoNovember 15, 2018
Working here is very stressful and not given brakes and if you want time off you need 30 days notice then at the last minute they deny your request. They say oh well.
Pros
Nice people to work with if they are not management
Cons
Stressful
Slow and set in their ways
Acute Care Physical Therapist-Full Time (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 15, 2018
Swedish is a great hospital but the therapy department was very set in their ways and not open to new strategies. Therapists would try and one up each other and not always a good team environment.
Resume builder
Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 12, 2018
Great resume builder for a radiographer. The patient population is difficult. The job is stressful but well worth it! Great team of doctors, nurses and other medical personnel keep Swedish up and running!
I was a medical transcriptionist
Medical Transcriptionist, Acute Care and Radiology (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 12, 2018
We were paid hourly with an incentive bonus. It was a good job, but we were outsourced when HealthOne bought Swedish. It was close to where I lived at that time and I had two children who were able to stay at home while I worked.
Pros
Worked evenings and had some flexibility in my hours
hard
Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2018
Swedish has the right idea but the wrong management. Work loads can be over whelming with little to no recognition. Hard to balance life and work. No real chances for advancement.
Pros
good people trying to do best with what they got
Cons
management, clear communication, gossip
laid off
Workers Compensation Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 31, 2018
laid off 3 times in 6 years its frustrating. Not a stable place to work. I have enjoyed all my managers and the jobs that I did and do. Trying to find a new job is proving difficult.
Organizational Culture leaves a lot to be desired
EICU RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 31, 2018
There is a constant undercurrent of employee dissatisfaction and the staff has very little trust in the administration. Although outwardly, the organization is portrayed as having stellar performance, working as a nurse here leaves one feeling unappreciated most of the time. High staff turn overs across the board even up to mid and upper management.
Currently undergoing a merger with Providence Health System so I cannot speak as to whether things will improve, get worse, or stay the same.
Good
Consulting Interim CM SME (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 24, 2018
Good place to work, rewarding and challenging work, great work life balance and high level of engagement, opportunities for growth potential. Good culture
Varies greatly per department
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 14, 2018
My department did not prescribe to ideal standards for assignments nor was truth when publishing stats nationally. assignments varied with certain people always being singled out and expected to do the job of two people. if work was triage, work not completed counted against your performance.
Challenging and Rewarding
Manager, Facilities (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 11, 2018
The challenges have been great and rewards and staff are great. There have been many leadership changes over the years. Being part of a larger national system also is a challenge.
Clinical Day
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 10, 2018
A clinical day involved the doctor participating in follow up visits with his patients, where new treatment regimes are discussed, and plans to scheduled treatments. After each visit, I would discharge each patient, providing instructions for medication and procedure preparations for colonoscopies, biopsies and endoscopies. I would work with the nurses, Patient services representatives and and the doctors very closely in order to provide the patient with the best form of holistic care.
Pros
interprofessional teamwork
Cons
miscommunication with management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight