Swedish Medical Center
58Below average

Swedish Medical Center Pay & Benefits reviews

It is great place to work
It has everything I need as an IT person. 2-3 monitors, i7 computers, almost any technology software I need to get my job done - love it.
Flexible hours.. 401k etc
It is a great place, honestly...
Run!
I am an RN with 10++ years experience. 5:1 staffing on step-down and neuro unit. Unsafe. Money is more important than staff or patients. Lying is part of the culture. Low pay for nurses. Experience nurses are not valued. Managers are let go often. No one's job is safe. Staff is written up for petty things so they don't get a full raise. The solution to problems such as falls or CAUTI is more unnecessary paperwork. Frequently work short staffed. The only thing that made the job satisfying was the amazing nurses working there. If you are a major suckup you will do well here.
to much work for less pay
The problem is that Swedish have sub contractor like HSS and this company have not a good benefits,no good pay and not good management. Swedish changing a lot before take care the employees now take care the money.
Excellent
Great environment and energy
Fantastic patient care

Great benefits for medical and educational needs
Great senior leadership
Wouldn’t want to work anywhere else
Offered me a great place to learn new skills
Company provided education needed to work on unit along with other resources. My co-workers made the team-someone always there to help and bounce ideas off of. Management on unit very inexperienced.
Pros
I worked with a great co-worker team
Cons
A for profit company VERY focused on their earnings rather than on worker/patient benefits.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Swedish
Swedish was very demanding with lower pay than in the industry and management doesn't care. It was a stressful environment with no rewards. I would not work there again.
It's hard!
I've heard that it's not a good place to start out as far as salary, but if you're an experienced nurse you have the opportunity to get a good raise(if you do the extra credit). Be prepared to bargain for your initial salary. They are usually understaffed and have what I feel are unreasonable expectations. If someone calls in, everyone just gets an extra patient. Over five years I'd only seen two agency nurses! On average nurses have 5-6 patients at night with no tech. 4/5 of those patients will be total care! Lot's of micromanaging! Even if you're on day shift with 5 patients and no tech- you will get written up if there are any med errors, dressings not changed, hourly rounding not charted, you have overtime, or you don't clock out for lunch for the full thirty minutes. The good parts: not religious, benefits for same sex couples, 90% of managers hired from within, raises, good team-work, when there is a problem it is actually dealt with within a week( as long as it doesn't involve hiring more staff).
Pros
managers hired from within, easy to get raises, not religious
Cons
predominantly shortstaffed, micromanaging, unreasonable workload
Stressed
Working here is very stressful and not given brakes and if you want time off you need 30 days notice then at the last minute they deny your request. They say oh well.
Pros
Nice people to work with if they are not management
Cons
Stressful
I was a medical transcriptionist
We were paid hourly with an incentive bonus. It was a good job, but we were outsourced when HealthOne bought Swedish. It was close to where I lived at that time and I had two children who were able to stay at home while I worked.
Pros
Worked evenings and had some flexibility in my hours
Cons
I wouldnt recammend this job to anyone.
management is horrible. they wont work with your hours and if you get hired for a specific job they let other people take it from you . I learned alot from how i was trained
Pros
its a good
Cons
you never get your lunch have half the time
Management was not professional or supportive
Upper management delegated work . Office atmosphere was tense and at times, unfriendly and hurtful. Training was okay. I learned many useful things regarding the job.
Pros
Good training and benefits
Cons
Unprofessional and unfriendly environment
PT employee
I just worked there per diem and the manager wanted me to work more than the required hours needed. The staff was very helpful and fun to work with. I would definitely work there again.
Awesome places to work
Swedish and Parker hospitals were amazing to work with. All people are friendly, supervisors supportive. I totally recommend both hospitals. They offers full benefits.
good hospital, bad corporation
great place to work until HCA took them over. A lot of cuts being made in every department. Otherwise a great place to work. Awesome Doctors and nursing make the place that is is. Good location in south Denver area.
Pros
great co workers, excellent doctors and nurses, professional
Cons
compensation, staffing shortages, bad management
registar
Overworked underpaid. Supposedly full time but constantly budgeted. If you are hired on as a full time employee expect only 30 to 35 hours instead of 40. No training after the repetitive computer training. Transferred from department to department, and hours switched at the dropped of the hat. . All about collecting the money and meeting the budget. No caring for patients or employees. Employees are micro managed and forced to sign documents.. Required to wear uncomfortable polyester uniforms. The co workers are great. The pay is decent. The benefits are acceptable.
Pros
benefits and co workers
Cons
no breaks, management, uniforms, pay
management
management is excellent and takes time to invest in and grow employees. tuition reimbursement is great. Pay is very low, and retirement benefits are terrible.
Pros
management
Cons
retirement
I was a medical records clerk
I enjoyed this company. This was an upper scale company, I filed, faxed, multi line phones, pulled records for request, Strong attention to detail.
Pros
Three breaks, Thirty minute lunch break
Cons
Great health benefits.
Wouldnt have taken this job if I wasn't desperate!
Not enough pay. They are one of the lowest paying hospitals in Denver area. Their equipment is falling apart. The pay differential is almost nonexistent and their holiday pay is a joke! Basically unless you work overnight for at least 6 to 8 hours, you don't get pay for working holidays. Don't know what the hospital does with their money! Short breaks.
Great hospital to work for
-Flexible hours
-Advancement possibilities are good if you are willing to put in the time and effort
Draining and exhausting place.
I worked within the HealthOne company for 9+ years and specifically at Swedish Medical in Englewood, CO for 6 years. I never felt so much relief and stress off my shoulders after walking away from the position I had. I was paid a fair amount, but I was salaried and when reviewing the number of hours, holidays and weekends I was having to put it....there is no way the pay match correctly. Management was always after the bottom dollar and really didn't care about the employee's that actually did the work.
Run the other way if you are every offered a job. It is not worth giving up your personal life to make them money.
Pros
Cafteria on site-very expensive though.
Cons
Could not do lunch, breaks or anything without feeling guilt from higher management.
Nurse coordinator
Swedish hospital is a great place to "get your feet wet. This place is a great place to learn your skill or trade and then move on. I say this because loyalty to long term. employees is non exsistant. The compensation here is very poor for long term employees. I do enjoy my job. I work as a nurse coordinator and I greatly enjoy working with the nursing staff and get great fullfillment when I can go home knowing that the hospital is staffed and all is well, thanks to the staffing office.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight