Swedish Medical Group

Swedish Medical Group Reviews

United States127 reviews

Swedish Medical Group insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Good people, not so good company

I’ve had great managers in my 3 years with the company but overall, the company doesn’t care about keeping their employees happy. The pay is lower than a lot of other places and you have to jump through hoops and do things that have nothing to do with your actual job just to “advance” in the company. The turnover is extremely high. On a good note, the employees are mostly awesome, Swedish consistently hires good people. It’d be nice if they could keep more of them.

I have been a Swedish Employee for over 7 years.

I have stayed with the company for job security. BUT they pay for PCC's, PSR's, MA's, Supervisors, Clinical Operations are SO SO UNDERPAID. The pay definitely needs to be evaluated, the bonuses need to be evaluated, and paying for parking in Seattle needs to be evaluated. NO ONE should have to pay for parking just to go to work. Management need clear guidelines of job duties, we need clear policies across the board with SMG, SMC and Providence.

Pros

Job Stability

Cons

You will have to pay for parking if you chose the Seattle locations which is 12 to 20 dollars A DAY!

Team enviroment

Feel very supported by my team and that everyone simply enjoy what they do. I truly would go back because of the environment that I worked in and flexibility that I had.

most employees are nice, friendly - some great Dr's, but management is lacking

Extremely busy clinic. no flexibility at all when it comes to schedule, lunches & breaks. Pay is extremely low for amount of work that is expected to be done.

Great coworkers - strong management team

I enjoyed going to my position most days. I luckily had a supporting team around me. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients that were rude and sometimes management not having your back. However, other than that I enjoyed working at Swedish.

Pros

Great team, nice benefits

Cons

Repetitive

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Caregivers live up to the mission and core values

Honest individuals that care about their community and the work they do. Patients are top priority and no step is skipped as it pertains to the quality of healthcare being provided.

Pros

Benefits and Growth

Cons

Levels of nepotism from director levels and above

Mostly solid

I’ve been with Swedish for over 20 years. Overall a good experience. In time it has become more corporate, financially driven, with short-sited decisions. Probably our general direction of healthcare in this country.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Downhill trend

horrible management or lack there of

Not organized, nor does anyone take ownership of what is happening at this facility - instead just pass it to the next person. Not acceptable and sad representation of a medical facility.

Good pay and benefits, but very corporate

This is a good company as far as pay and benefits. The culture depends on which department you work in. But upper management has no qualms about suddenly outsourcing jobs and shutting down departments.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

Upper Management does not consider employees

average

stuffy place. I worked at a site that was acquired by Swedish so maybe other places were well ran. Never felt encourage to speak up or give opinion but job was overall ok

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Could be better management

Great benefits and job stability.

Company has excellent retirement benefits, health, vision and dental too. Need manager on site would be my only criticism. And, being more flexible about switching to part time, i.e., letting me do a job share etc.

Pros

Excellent benefits, easy commute, good pay

Cons

No company paid holidays, no flexibility on going part time

Time off

Flexible when comes to time off, sometimes has catered lunches. Way too much drama amongst employees!! It’s terrible! The management doesn’t do anything about it either. Would not recommend.

Pros

Catered lunches at times

Cons

Management, major drama

Clinic supervisor very understanding.

Upper management could use some work. Very high turnover rate with COVID 19 going on. There's lack of accountability with others as issues are always swept under the rug.

Great co workers

Co workers were great to work with and patients make it hard to leave the company. Overall, it was a good learning environment and everyone were all helpful.

Every Clinic is Different

The workplace culture and a typical day really depends on the clinic where you're hired. Some clinics are much more laid back than others, and some clinics master efficiency. Patient care has always been at the base of everything, and Swedish tends to prioritize patient care over job satisfaction. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely those moments when you can help a patient, and how grateful they are!

Pros

healthcare benefits, frequent meetings, employee appreciation gifts, nice facilities

Cons

forced PTO for holidays

good work schedule

Worked 3 days a week for full-time. Benefits decent and most of my coworkers were supportive. Administration and management do not care abut doing the right thing - just making money

Pros

good work schedule and benefits

Cons

Management does not care about the employees, Since being acquired by Providence working here is a nightmare, Meanwhile the CEO of Providence makes $10.5 million a year, employees are being laid off and terminated.

Great job opportunities here.

A very good place to work. I was only there eight months and I was treated very well. The reason I left had nothing to do with the job and everything to do with the horrible commute. Traffic is awful. Parking is expensive and inconvenient. One day I spent five hours in traffic to work an 8 hour job. The pay is fair for the job but not enough to afford to live near work. The organization is so large they cannot make some of the changes I would advise for less billing issues and better capture of charges. People there are good people though. It was a good experience to work here.

Pros

People care clear to the top.

Cons

Traffic and unaffordable rent in areas of work.

Worst company in the united states

I HATED this company. Worst job I have had in the last 15 years! Management is completely incompetent and deceitful. This company discriminates against older employees, people of color, and people with disabilities.

Pros

easiest provider job ever

Cons

Everything else! Bunch of thieves delivering horrible patient care and treatment of providers

Great people

Great place to work. Had the honor of working with awesome peopleTeam worked well together. Departments worked together to complete tasks/projects to meet deadline.

Changes

Swedish was going through many changes and growing while I was there. However, management was very supportive in continuing education, and assisting their employees on advancing

Love my clinic!

I feel very blessed to have found the particular clinic I work for. It is a very tight knit group. The providers treat their staff as equals and there is no hierarchy at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swedish Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Swedish Medical Group