SwedishAmerican Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decent job
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 10, 2018
It was a fair job. I learned a lot and my co-workers were great. I actually miss working there. I relocated to another state. The job is what you make it!
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Short breaks, and the pay could be a little better
Inpatient Medication Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 22, 2018
It's a great place to work. Management is very supportive. Most jobs higher management aren't too involved in the day to day activities, but here it's different. They are very active in what's going on in their departments
Great Place To Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 20, 2017
SwedishAmerican is a great place to work with a good leadership team. SwedishAmerican has a culture that makes working there great. They care about their employees and their patients.
Great Culture
Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 10, 2017
Overall, I have enjoyed working here. Management communications have improved a lot in the past few years. Being such a large company, it is easy to feel disconnected, but they have worked very hard to improve that. I have a great relationship with my immediate management and they have been very supportive when I needed them.

Their benefits package is very good. Their vacation and leave policy is very generous, they have many health benefits and incentives, and offer great discounts on a lot of things.
Pros
Excellent benefits, free chair massages, better life wellness, supportive staff/environment, friendly
Cons
More paid time off, short staffing, advancement
Great work life balance
Human Resources Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 25, 2017
Top 150 places to work. Great employee recognition programs and variety of benefits. The organization cares about the community and encourages Associates to participate in community events.
Pros
Concierge service is an amazing perk, also free 15 minute chair massages
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Good place to work.
File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 22, 2017
When working at SAH my co-workers were great. Great boss. Very flexible hrs. for me. I enjoyed my time there. Had a very organized boss who was a good leader.
Not Welcoming
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 20, 2017
They have very poor management, rude employees, and always make you feel as if your constantly doing something wrong. They are so very quick to get on you for doing the wrong things and never show you praise when your doing well. Maybe because its part of your job and its expected of you? But either way, it is still nice to be acknowledged. It's like high school all over again. Snotty and rude employees and are constantly tattling on one another, talking behind each others back, and they are divided into groups. I would not recommend working for Swedish American; Especially Woodside Clinic.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short staffed, unorganized, terrible health benefits
Enjoyable place to work.
Senior Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 10, 2017
Greeting and badging new and current employees as well as granting and changing access levels for badge system.
Employees are great to work with.
I get to meet all of the new employees.
Release of Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 3, 2017
For the last 17 years I enjoyed my time at Swedish American Hospital. I liked that it was fairly easy to move up in the system, they did a lot of hiring from within.
Pros
they did a lot of hireinf from within the system
Cons
na
Management are bullies and liers
Medical Office Professional/ Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 24, 2017
Management and executives are bullies! They smile at you and stab you in the back. Don't plan to work there long term. - they will fire you. Any kind of "Change" watch out!!!!

I was there 15 years. I have great memories, experiences and made great friends..... But management and above are out for themselves.
Pros
Make good friends
Cons
Management are executives are liers and bullies
my bad experience came down to managment.
Vending Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 18, 2017
Would recommend for a great started job, but stay away from management. But with benefits and an above average starting pay this is a good place for high school students after graduation. Just pass the drug test.
Pros
decent pay, benefits, good company
Cons
managment
A never boring job. Changes made frequently. Education and training huge part of the organization.
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 16, 2017
I typical day would be seeing about 100 people daily for procedures. We all had the same goal to please our patients. Patient satisfaction was out biggest goal. it was wonderful to have the patients ask for you by your name. Our patients were more like family the hardest part of that job was when a patient received a poor result. The company then began to go the extra mile to keep the patient calm and we would take care of insurance issues and anything else for a better outcome.
Pros
enjoyed meeting so many people
A great team
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 16, 2017
Very professional and upbeat atmosphere. A great team of doctors, radiologists, techs and office personnel. Well coordinated and well received by patients.
Pros
A great team.
Cons
none comes to mind
Terrible department
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 25, 2017
Centralized phlebotomy is a joke. You don't get any training in policy and procedure. If you don't suck up to the supervisor, you get targeted by her. Rules for that department get made up when she needs something to justify her actions.

No structure. The whole hospital is very lax on rules that should be strictly enforced. Staff gossip in patient rooms.

I was there for 6 months and just had to get out of there. Centralized phlebotomy was so hostile that you were almost afraid to breathe.
Pros
Night shift pay
Cons
Management, nurses, no orientation for phlebotomy
Horrible Management
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  7th FloorOctober 4, 2016
By far the worst policies and mgt. Just let go over attendence but was never given the attendence policy from hire. Never told about it, never given paper about it to sign saying it was given to me and I've read it. I was never given verbal warning or written warning like another person posted that happened to them. Mgr told me it was common sense as to my occurances. One of my occurances happened while i was there and was taken to ER by charge nurse. Er sent me home and told me if I need a note they'd be happy to write me one. I called HR and they told me a note from their own ER won't help my case. If you insist on working for this place make sure you get the attendence policy up front. Make sure it's for your floor. One mgr said it's a straight policy throughout the hospital. Another said it's the particular floor's policy. Nobody can decide what policies to make and how to apply them. Always short staffed and nurses usually have 6-7 patients. There are other hospitals and places to work in Rockford. Pass this one up of you like proper mgt and need somewhat of a work life balance.
Benefits
Cons
Management, policies, work life balance
RN (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 21, 2016
I really liked working at SwedishAmerican Health System. I had great Co-Workers and Management.

We had an open door policy where you could talk about anything with Upper Management. They were always open to new ideas and suggestions.
Great Place to Work
QUALITY RESOURCE RN (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJune 13, 2016
Quality is the focus at SwedishAmerican. Quality and excellence in patient care. They care about Employee success and career advancement.
Job title Roomer
lpn nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 4, 2016
Hands down the most boring job ever. If you dont want a challenge, this is the place for you. Pay was around 18-19 an hour. The Dr was so moody. The other staff members are great. The managment was rarely present. They under utilize LPNs. Rooming patients is not for any nurse with experience, not to mention as an lpn you will not be promoted.
Pros
Free lunch most days
Cons
Pay, respect.
A good local healthcare system to work for
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILNovember 11, 2015
The work conditions and the employees at SwedishAmerican were always top-notch. There were always opportunities within the health system to improve on your necessary skills. Salary was very competitive for the area.
Pros
Wonderful Christmas luncheons for employees!
Poor management
Clinic nurse (Former Employee) –  Rockford ILJuly 19, 2015
The job and provider I worked for was good which is only reason I stayed as long as I did. Very poor management. Direct supervisor clueless to requirements to perform my clinical job. Management would have non clinical staff perform clinical jobs which made it a unsafe work environment. Very hectic work environment do to under staffing and not having qualified staff to perform jobs. I have been a nurse for over 20 years and this was the worst work environment I have ever had. Very happy at new employer.
Pros
Benifits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SwedishAmerican Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

SwedishAmerican Health System Reviews by Location