SwedishAmerican Health System Employee Review

View all SwedishAmerican Health System reviews

Loved my job but that was all
Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Swedish American health systemFebruary 28, 2013
A typical day at work was massaging patients and doing employees chair massage. I loved working with the patients!! Majority of my immediate co workers were wonderful, not all of them though. Depending on what floor you were working most of the RN's were nice but the other half were caddy and I dreaded working on those floors.
Work loads were not distributed evenly and for some reason if you were not a "yes man" you got shafted. Promotion of a brand new job came up and only the "yes men" got picked to be questioned by the other massage therapists. The person who was picked is nice but management was looking for someone to stay within managements box and not think outside of it.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with caddy RN's, yuk! But I'll tell you when it was time for employee chair massage they were your best friend.
The most enjoyable part was working with patients. Loved to work with the elderly and cancer patients. Cancer patients are the most grateful people even though they are going through very hard times. Some know they will pass on soon and it breaks your heart but knowing you could provide some sort of comfort to them in their time was a touching moment for me. For someone who is dying to allow you to come into their short time was a special feeling I will never forget.
The benefits are good, I had a "wrap" plan which was excellent and that picked up anything my husbands ins didn't, even all the co-pays!! One thing they told me when hired was if you ever need to go to employee health for any reason, "they are there to help." What a joke!
When you do your pre-employment
  more... questionnaire, make sure you put down every bump, bruise, trip, fall, sickness etc you've ever had in your ENTIRE LIFE FROM BIRTH or HR will come back at you on it and "let you go" if you ever get hurt!!  less
Pros
patients!!!
Cons
hr and employee health

Other SwedishAmerican Health System Employee Reviews

Decent job
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 10, 2018
It was a fair job. I learned a lot and my co-workers were great. I actually miss working there. I relocated to another state. The job is what you make it!
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Short breaks, and the pay could be a little better
Great Culture and co-workers!
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 26, 2018
Love my co-workers, as well as the environment, most of the time. The benefits are comparable to other organizations in the area, and the tuition reimbursement is a plus.
Pros
Cons
Limited advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SwedishAmerican Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

SwedishAmerican Health System Reviews by Location