Sweetgrass Pediatrics Employee Reviews

Sweetgrass
Provider (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 15, 2019
Management is always taking feedback and trying to improve the patient experience and efficiency. Always trying to make it a better work environment for employees.
Great Place to Work!
Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 14, 2019
The ability to interact with staff, leadership, and owners creates a nurturing environment for all involved. I have enjoyed my time at Sweetgrass and believe it gives each employee an opportunity to learn and grow in Pediatrics. Most importantly the owners are heavily involved and help grow the mission of the company!
Pros
Co-workers, Owners, Leadership, Flexible schedules, Partnerships with local college, Growth opportunities, Culture, Benefits
Great place to work!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 13, 2019
Sweetgrass Pediatrics is a great place to work! Hours are flexible. Great benefits include health, dental & vision & life insurance, 401K match, PTO accrual, and more.
Pros
Owners are very involved in the business
Love my Job
Billing/Referral Manager (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMay 13, 2019
I love coming to work everyday, it is very rewarding helping so many Low Country Families. I have grown and learned so much about Pediatrics in my 4 1/2 years with Sweetgrass Pediatrics. I am part of a wonderful group of great co-workers and Physicians. My Boss is the BEST and supports me in every aspect of my job.
Horrible
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCApril 15, 2019
Run for your life!!! The establishment is horrible.. low pay!..horrible pto!.. no chairs! there is a lot of favoritism, if your okay with kissing Butt then your fine.. working at sweetgrass, you work your butt off to no appreciation whatsoever.. there’s this awful point system if you call out, leave early or is late.. with no understanding..if you take a quick second to get a sip of your water in the break room, your being watched.. management and the pcp just sit on their behinds while the MA’s are running around like a chicken with their heads cut off.. again.. run for your life! The first chance I get for another job to call me, I’m sprinting without looking back!
Pros
The cool ladies I work with make it a little bit more bearable
Cons
Short breaks, pto, management
Busy and effective
Centralized Scheduler (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 27, 2018
Busy scheduling appointments for patients via phone or text messaging. I enjoy my job but not wanting to learn to work at the front in order to work weekend hours
Pros
Cons
Weekend hours even if only 1 every 7 weeks
Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2018
I loved working with the patients and their parents. Seeing their little smiles made my day. Working with the other MAs and physicians was also a joy. The management there is terrible though. They are two faced, selfish, and petty. Especially when it comes to breaks and hours. They took away our option to work overtime if we wanted to, and made it required to work after hours.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Bad management
Mostly female staff and everyone is always on their cycle.
FRONT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCOctober 15, 2018
If you are not a catty, cut throat, bigoted, insecure, gossiping, hate filled woman, who is also not "click-ish".......... Then Do Not Apply! Seriously, they'll do what they can to get you out or run you out. Legend has it, their wrinkles get finer every time they succeed. Also, the pay is bad, for what you are expected to do and put up with.
Pros
First hand experience with female bigots (proof they do exist)
Productive learning experience
Medical Assistant Student (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 13, 2016
I worked here doing my internship for college and I loved working not only with the employees but the patients. The kids were scared when they first arrived but always left with smiles.
Fun Work place
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Summerville ScJune 12, 2015
Loved working with children and doing sports medicine. breaks were 1 hour which was great. the team didnt work together as well as they shouldve. i loved the doctor i worked for.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
mangement
Productive pediatric office. Lacked organization and skilled team members.
CMA (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 28, 2013
Opened clinic. Set up different clinics depending upon the day. We gave multiple injections daily. Cleaned and organized rooms. Stocked rooms. Triage and patient intake. Phone calls. Management was lacking. Not very organized. Some of my co-workers where great. Some very unqualified and not enough experience. Hardest part of my job, was having to go and fix peoples mistakes. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I gained great experience as this was my first pediatric job.
Pros
long lunches. flexible schedules
Cons
no room for advancement. poor pay.