Sweetgreen Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive and fair place to work
Non-validated Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Fast paced casual environment,and very welcoming. Management was organized and helpful towards workers needs and guest experiences.

The most enjoyable part of this job was helping the guest with their needs
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
great food, but horrible people
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2018
The food was great, but the work environment was terribly toxic. There was a lack of discipline happening among the employees due to the management lack of enforcing certain rules. Bullying and Harassment was in an all time high and was slow to be rectified.
Pros
Great food, chances for advancement
Cons
Poor management and Toxic work environment
Fun place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Is a really nice place to work at, is a cool environment I recommend it to anyone also the customers are very nice And the pay rate is also good. Even though the brake is kind of short you’ll have fun working there
Pros
Free lunch
Productive, but hard on employees
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2018
Working here was a great experience, but there were a couple of issues while working with this company for me when one of the managers were very strict about hours and picking up shifts. And using will write employees up for anything an tried to make workers come in even If they were sick.
Pros
Free lunch, worked together, good pay, etc
Cons
How overly strict management was.
fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2018
i first stared at sweet green back in feb i got this job from attending a job fair i never really like salad that much into i started to work here i love the team mate i meet and customers had been at they best i meet a'lot of people working here as well
Pros
free lunches
Cons
30 mins break
get to meet a whole lot of people from different part of the country
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2018
there wasnt much balance of management , if it wasnt for the shift leads and the regular employees, sweetgreen wouldnt be standing for the period of time i had worked there
Pros
healthy lunches
Cons
dangerous stairs
it was a great place to work
Utility (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2018
to be honest it was a great place to work. I would work there again if given the opportunity. the people are great and the work was time consuming. great overall job.
Pros
free food
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2018
Sweetgreen is a great place to work at. The work atmosphere is great,the work is fun as well as the people you work with. Productive, theirs a lot of opportunity to grow there. The benefits are great and the work with you in all aspects so that's a plus
Loving Place to grow
Food Prep (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2018
Ensure all food meets food safety and quality standards to eliminate cross-contamination on the front line Maintain clean, food-safe dish and prep stations throughout shift Manage communication between Service Team Members and Kitchen, inventory front line, prep zones, oven and walk-in to determine needs. Ensure areas are always stocked Prep all cold and hot food items using prep worksheets Follow proper knife safety procedures
Busy
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 1, 2018
Sweetgreen is a very busy place to work. If you are not for working in a field where you are constantly moving or helping your team this is not a job for you.
Amazing place to work at
Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 16, 2018
Sweetgreen was an amazing place to work at if you had the right manager. Over all though it’s an fun environment and it teaches you many things and you can learn a lot .
Pros
Great pay
Ok Job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2018
A typical day at sweetgreen is fast-paced environment with team members walking off of the line when there is too many people. What I've learned is that you need to have paitent with your co workers and you need to work with people you don't like. People can push your buttons when your at work but you need to remain calm. The hardest part of the job is everyone working apart of the team when needed. The most enjoyable part is making the salads for people because they don't always know what they want or what is being served to them.
another opportunity arose
General Manager/Head Coach (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 11, 2018
Another opportunity came up. Had been working Sweetgreen for an extended time without promotion. Moved between stores as a "head coach", but didn't seem as there was upward mobility past the that roll.

Opportunity came up for another roll with another company.
Loved it
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
As being a job while being in high school, i met fellow high-schoolers. As i was getting prepared for a promotion, there was a change in management. That is when everything turned left. I quit because of the disrespect. I overall loved the job since it was fun, being older now... might not return. Overall it was cool.
Fast-paced and physical
Service Member (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJuly 5, 2018
We did a lot of extra unneeded physical labor because the company refused to get new equipment because it was "too expensive," and the store was often grossly understaffed. However, the people were nice and professional, and the Head Coach (Manager) was okay.
Pros
free lunches, somewhat flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, understaffed
Very high paced and easy job.
Service/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2018
Once you memorize your salads, everything is a piece of cake after that. Working there is awesome, it’s the bosses that make it hard. The higher the position they held, the nastier they treated you (Atleast at the GANSEVOORT location)
Pros
Easy to memorize the very limited menu.
Cons
Unprofessional management
Fun but poor management.
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAJune 28, 2018
So don't get me wrong, I loved working at sweetgreen but it had its downs too. To be completely honest, sweetgreen had the WORST management out of all the jobs I've had. When I worked there, we had a new store manager every week, not even exaggerating. The discount was okay, you get $13 credit a day even though the salads are $15+ lol. Food was delicious though, I would go back if the pay was better and management was better. The energy in there is always great! So thats a plus. It can also get hectic in there, so keep a level head.
Pros
food
Cons
management
Good job and well prepared, friendship build up. Love it
Line Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 21, 2018
For my months of working at sweet green it was a job I will never forget to work at and I wish later on I can work and study again at the same time. It was tough but working at Sweetgreen you build to care for the people you work for how friendly they are.
Pros
Free food for workers
Cons
Breaks givin with hours
fast paced
Team member (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 18, 2018
sweetgreen is not for the faint of heart, it is very fast paced but you meet wonderful people which is a plus. Don't expect a promotion quickly. the food is great loved th baslamic vinegratte. 13 dollars for a meal was way more than needed
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2018
Sweetgreen was a fun and exciting place to work. I learned a lot working there. My coworkers were hands on if I needed help and my managers were very understanding when it came to things I didn't understand or needed help with.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Short breaks