Swift Prepaid Solutions Employee Reviews

terrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  buffalo groveJune 28, 2018
The main concerns that I would like to share with you are: inadequate training, unlimited calls back to back and hundreds of emails from other departments along with Skype, not enough staffing, and no time for follow up or the ability to provide through customer service to the cardholders that call in for help.

In order to perform our job, we were given three days of training, along with a couple of hours to listen to live calls with a supervisor before being placed on the floor. My superiors felt that we workers should not ask for assistance with the three programs that we
simultaneously work with; I believe the reason for this is that they are as busy and they do not have the time to assist us as they are on the phones as well. I have been in customer service-call centers and I find it unbelievable that there is no manual for polices and procedure or reference to any training aids beyond our initial training.

We were required to close 166 cases per day and often times I was not able to effectively assist cardholders especially the elderly and individuals that have no ideal on how to access digital wallet, or redeem a tokens I found it impossible to provide adequate customer service and working there frustrated me more and more to the point I was not able to perform my job under those conditions. I understand that you have service goals, and being that we have all these cardholders and clients, it is important that we need to be able to find time to help these people by providing excellent customer service as well as meet the company’s goals.
Lacked Clear Vision
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 2, 2018
Organization lacked competitive spirit and desire to grow. Workplace culture needed improving. I learned that you have to be selective if deciding to work for a small privately owned company.
Pros
Industry
Fun place to work
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILOctober 29, 2017
Small private company that's rapidly growing and improving. Great culture, many like minded individuals, many recent college grads. Interesting business model and tools available with ability to move up, but highly competitive.
Pros
Culture, co-workers, location, management
Cons
Pay below average, slowly adopting bad corporate habits
quiet and professional
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 16, 2017
Swift is a very fast paced and professional place to work. I would recommend this job for anyone who doesn't mind working in a quiet environment where you sit in a cubicle. The staff is just like family and everyone is super nice. Time flies by when working here but it is a good opportunity to learn new skills.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILJanuary 12, 2015
This was an excellent position. It got me on my feet when I moved down to Chicago from a smaller city within the Midwest. The benefits were nice and the pay (salary after a temp period) seemed too good to be true. The only downside to the company is that the company kept hiring outside people into the next level when I was as qualified and with company knowledge and capabilities that they needed and had shown an interest in the position (after they hired and lost approximately 4 individuals from these positions it became clear that they wouldn't listen to my reasoning).

A typical work day consisted of taking calls for various customer problems from website access to account balances. Also you would have to firmly decline requests to reissue cards from time to time due to misinterpretations of gift card laws versus loyalty and promotion rewards cards.

I would say this job is where I earned my backbone, from standing my ground with difficult customers to interpreting problems while taking inquiries while trying to take calls as quickly as possible. This job was not difficult at first, coming from a more intense bank background where the simplest account balance inquiry could bloom into trying to solve a mortgage calculation question. The work itself is not hard, it's the interaction with so many negative customers that makes the difficulties.

Management primarily consisted of the CFO and CEO who were about the coolest guys I've ever known. The CEO had a very social mind and an excellent memory and would handle politics with the board of directors in new york,
  more... as well as handle the higher paying accounts. The CFO handled all the technical support and payroll, as well as many of the other accounting issues that would arise. Below them, the heads of the various departments, customer service, sales, accounting, and product management would manage the various employees. My department head was also working with distribution management so we were relatively unmonitored in customer service unless there was a problem. One of the founders of the business worked customer service with us, and was definitely the pluckiest and most brilliant grandma figure I've ever known (this is not an insult, she's over 80 years old and still prefers to work customer service!).

My coworkers were all pretty relaxed awesome people. There was a definite culture of sports aficionados who spent much of their time chatting about last weekend's game or sports things. Being that I was one of only 2 confirmed computer game nerds there I felt a little secluded. There were few to no negative coworkers after my first 6 months, as the only 2 people I ever consistently saw with a scowl on their face didn't' last long into my employment.

The hardest part of the job was definitely trying to manage the peripheral job responsibilities when there were phone calls coming in. We would often have to work on emails or voice mails between calls, which is nearly impossible when there are calls already backed up for the majority of the day. For about 6 months of my time here we were understaffed by 2-3 customer service representatives, which did not help this situation whatsoever.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the parties. We had 2 company parties each year, one summer and one holiday party. Each party gets planned over the course of 6 months by a rotating team, who gets access to company funds with which to throw a huge party. For instance, one of our holiday parties was in the 13-14th floor penthouse of the building we were in, and had an open bar, a murder mystery, and an acapella band as entertainment.

I would work here again, except I'm not going to be in this area. Also if I did come back I would want to start higher up the ladder, too many sour feelings about working in customer service at this point.
Pros
hours, parties, benefits package
Cons
advancement opportunities are political.
If you work hard, you will go far here
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 14, 2014
Swift is the type of company that you will be rewarded for hard work. It is a small company and gives any one person the great opportunity to wear many hats and learn all areas of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Prepaid Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Swift Prepaid Solutions Reviews by Location