Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

Found 2,380 reviews matching the search See all 2,446 reviews
great place to work
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2018
this is a great company to work for, if it wasn't because of a mistake i made 10 years prior, i would still be with swift..however now i must truck instate for 18 months.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
they dont take felons
Fun, fast paced enviroment
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2018
Had a great experience with this company. Co-workers were more like family. After the terminal I was working at was shut down, I was allowed to retain my employment with the company but had to commute 3 hrs to next closest terminal.
Don't work for them
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 17, 2018
Terrible place to work for managers and planners are horrible at their jobs. I hated being there every single day I hated going into work to the point I would do anything not work.
cool place. fro getting started
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  sal lake city termOctober 17, 2018
great place to start not stop or continue. and if i may say one thing. this next thing im going to tell you about swift will succsesfuly help me type just the right amount of chr. they suck
Pros
starting
Cons
everything else
Work
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAOctober 16, 2018
Lots of Oppertoonities for new drivers that have not been in the industry long Need to work On Actual pay for experienced drivers being more comparable
Pros
Easy for new drivers to learn how to be officiant at owner operators
Cons
Not much room for growth
Big Trucking at face value
Nights/weekend dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 16, 2018
Both as a driver and as driver support, you're a number. Management doesn't care about you in the long run. However they're the 900 lb gorilla in the corner. Can't ignore them, but you have to deal with their presence.
Pros
steady work
Cons
recent upper management changes
otr
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 16, 2018
I only went here because they offered to pay my tuition if I was to drive for them for 1 year which i did but I wanted local routes and they said that I could drive locally after 2 years otr.
Pros
my own truck
Cons
not home enough/ not enough loads
First job after 20 years
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 15, 2018
Swift Transportation was a first job OTR Driver after 20 years lapse of driving. Requalified by completion of CDL testing, DOT physical and background examinations, and attending orientation at Swift Trans in Inver Grove Heights, MN.
Great place to start
Terminal Leader (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 15, 2018
A great starter company to get your feet wet. I was able to learn all things important about DOT regulations.This company has low standards to hire drivers as it is a place to learn how to drive.
Not recommended
Driver in Training (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAOctober 15, 2018
Was promised a full-time position in a certain area of driving/transportation; management did not ever intend to place me in that position. Cutthroat management.
Needs to Modernize Management
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 15, 2018
Excellent equipment, poor management from the executive branch all the way down through to the terminals. Doesn't seem to realize without the Drivers there is no business.
benefits package
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSOctober 11, 2018
For the most part the office personnel go out of their way to help the drivers be successful. The level of training that is offered/required is outstanding.
Pros
mentors that care about the new hires
Cons
life on the road.
very competetive place and hardworking environment
Truck Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAOctober 10, 2018
typical day looks like, come check the board make sure all the trucks are not targeting late and there are going to make their load on time. answer phone calls assist drivers if they need some fuel, money loaded on their comdata card, assist them if they are having any complications with a customer of any kind. etc.

learn how to assist drivers when they are In need and even in the most crucial time of their career.

manage my time with my task as well as the time I spend with each and every driver over the phone or in person.

hardest part of the job would be for example when there is a misunderstanding between the CSR of Swift and the customer and the driver wasn't aware of the misunderstanding and gets frustrated of the changes and then calls us and at this point they are already upset and don't want to here our explanation as to what happen. and takes all their rage and anger out on us but that is where our professionalism comes in and we just listen and wait till they are done and try to explain to them what happen to the best of our knowledge.

most enjoyable moment of my job is when drivers are happy and the job is done and everyone is happy.
Could be worse
Driver (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOOctober 9, 2018
They initially tell you that you are allowed home on certain days. Then when you get to those days they say that you cant because you need to do this job or another when already at the limit of your hours.
Big New Company as Knight-Swift
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 6, 2018
Since this is a very large carrier, it works best if you communicate regularly and often with your immediate supervisor. I’ve had 10 different Driver Leaders, 7 were great; fleet managers listen and try to get the best matches.
As a big company, Knight-Swift also has a number of opportunities available both driving and non-driving, so it truly can become your career. I opted to continue driving for 14-years due to better pay as a Driver than an Office worker.
They are not a “Mom & Pop” corporation, so you have to take initiative and be responsible for yourself and your needs; and again, communicate.
Pros
Big carrier with steady freight (if you want to work rather than talk about work)
Cons
Big company so you have to take initiative and communicate your needs.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 5, 2018
Truck load carrier. Tending to customers needs, by telephone, email, website and computer terminal.
Learned more computer skills.
My supervisor was good to work for. Very professional.
All the supervisors, and other workmates. Worked well together. Always professional and pleasant to customers needs.
Rescheduling pickup and delivery appointment, when loads were missed multiple times.
Working from home.
Pros
Salary, health care and working from home.
Cons
Forced to take loads. Knowing you were going to miss. Then reschedule.
Try another company
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAOctober 5, 2018
GET YOUR CDL WITH THEM AND LEAVE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THERE DRIVERS everything is about money with them and some of the Dm DONT care about getting you home it will always be something
Pros
Seeing different states at there expense
Cons
Lack of management
Driver recruiter (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Swift Transportation and appreciated the opportunity, however, my reasons for resigning were due to a personal and professional nature.
Pros
Free meals at times
Cons
Commission payout
my review
Driver Leader II (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 3, 2018
Swift is a fast paced environment with plenty of learning opportunities. the hourly and salary compensation is great! The management team is willing to work with the team to help make things run smoothly.
Pros
good pay, job security
Cons
I lived too far out of the city
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 3, 2018
excellent work environment , my dispatcher has been a good friend , easy to work with . tractors and trailers have in very good condition. Repair dept very good and fast
Pros
Fastdispatch
Cons
No real complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.5InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight