Swift Transportation

United States4,112 reviews

Found 4,112 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,181 reviews
drivertruckterminalmiletruckingotrdrivingroad

Very intense work environment

I learnt quite a lot while in the company. However, there was not enough diversity in the company. Most of the workers were from India. The Contractors were treated as second class citizens.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Micro-management of employees

ok for beginners

As any big company has pros-and-const: Pay below average, some drop-and-hook loads and when you will pickup a trailer i can be damaged, but you can find another one

Swift Transportation insights

Based on 2,182 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues

Tractors are not maintained

Inferior tractors if any tractors are available on a daily basis. Benefits that are offered are not worth the premiums. Management has a lot of room to improve.

It was a good experience

If you are young enough then I would recommend you Togo to work as a truck driver cause they do have great benefits that I know of but I failed only cause I didn't ask the trainer if I could remove my foot off of the brake so if you do go through there school then always ask the trainer if you can remove your foot off of the brake ok

Great place to work. I really miss my ECT work family.

I worked here a little over 12 years and it was great working with a small team of office employees they really felt like family. I was on day shift for a short period, but I preferred the quieter atmosphere of working nights.

Pros

Benefits, vacation, 401k

Cons

Long shifts

Buen ambiente de trabajo

Buen lugar para trabajar solo el salario es por debajo del promedio.

Pros

Buen ambiente.

Cons

Salario bajo

A good starter company

Hardest part of the job for me was trying to get my DL to communicate with me! They would have to pay triple cpm to be able to take a job offer there.

Good Job, Fresh out of School

I worked on the Walmart Dedicated account right out of CDL school. Good pay/miles, friendly dispatchers and planners (who will work to accommodate your needs within reason), helpful drivers. Only thing I didn’t like was slip seating (some people left the trucks nasty) and a potential 80 hr work week with one day off (16 hrs on duty 12 hrs driving in FL). You get used to it though. It was a good experience overall.

Good starter company

It’s a good place to get your CDL and start in the trucking industry. I was treated pretty good there. Driver Leaders are great to work with and respectful.

Great Environment

This is a great company to train for. They treat you well and well help you get through the process really easily. They will train and hire you right on.

Great company

Will always do thier job to keep you moving most of the terminals have been remodeling with new showers and driver lounge. Some have gyms in them. Trucks are all automatic

Driven for swift

Over all good company for there drivers and pay was good with options of dedicated routes so more home time so more family time and there terminals very driver friendly and clean

Low pay, difficult dispatch

Low pay, ask for a raise and they might can you. Dispatch is often difficult to deal with. As in they are new and were not trained so they have no clue what they are doing (but act like it).

Great Company

I was on the family dollar account. Do not get on that account if you don't want to consistently unload a 53' trailer multiple times a week! I loved the company but it was just time for me to move on.

Not the place for me

This is not a good company pay is low hours are long home time very limited. The trucks are always braking down the trailers aways have issues. I had 4 trucks in 6 months

Working with swift I managed to pay my house off

Like any other company it has its pro and cons, A huge company like swift can’t be judged by an individual inter reactions on DC levels, overall is a great company, which is proactive in recent years on improvement on its safety and the image it portrays in the industry.

Give you a company truck

I've been with Swift over 6 months now, It is a good job. Got good training and mentorship. Now I'm solo and enjoying the time. Definitely harder being away from home but I come home every two weeks. The pay is not quite where I wanted it to be but it's coming.

Very fun place to drive for

No joke; one of the best companies I have ever drove for when I was still on the road. I miss the company very much. They treated me so good but nothing beats being home every night. If I ever decide to hit the ride again; Swift will always be my number one pick

Good place

Good place to work, always kept me running. Some terminals are better then others. Good bonuses and well maintained trucks. Normally ended up at home for 34hr break

Good starter job

I worked this job and ran groceries out of the Opelika warehouse to all the Georgia stores. Made about $800 a week. No work life balance. Pretty easy job. I wish the pay was better.

Its a great starter company

Its your typical trucking organization, the dispatchers care more about their bottom line than you, I love the job and the open road I just hate someone looking over my shoulder and that's what its like with the dispatchers.Overall its a great place and I had a good experience.

Pros

The open road.

Cons

Feels like youre being micromanaged at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Swift Transportation with

Studying at Swift Transportation Company

Find out what it's like to study here.Read all reviews
  • Swift Transportation
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?