Swift Transportation

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Very intense work environment

I learnt quite a lot while in the company. However, there was not enough diversity in the company. Most of the workers were from India. The Contractors were treated as second class citizens.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Micro-management of employees

Decent company

Decent company to work for despite what people say. The dispatchers know what they are doing both good and bad. They will help you with anything you need but will also kind of force you to take loads you don't want or are the opposite way from home. Other than that its actually a good company to work for.

Pros

Knowledgeable and helpful management

Cons

Not enough pay as other companies

Great starter company

I started with Swift right out of school learned a lot from them I did one year with them made some really good money and switched to tanking... they will teach you the real about trucking.

Pros

Freight everywhere and I mean everywhere

Cons

They will Hound you about little stuff but it's only to make you a better and safer driver

Swift is a training company primarily. My DM does try but she is up against the norm of the companies views.

A good place to get your experience and then leave for greener pastures. There are some managers that do care, but they are up against the upper management when it comes to the bottom line.

Pros

Many dedicated and flexible work schedules.

Cons

Many facilities under construction (long time), Low pay relative to the rest of the industry, Negative view by the rest of the industry

Starter. Get your experience.

Starter company. Starter for new drivers just starting out in trucking industry and looking to start in trucking industr and need experience in trucking.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Don’t work here

It’s a starter company, pay is trash, managers are trash, equipment is good, home time is terrible, Walmart is terrible, company is terrible, it’s terrible

I stay busy run my 3000+ miles weekly and get hometime weekly.

If you run hard you can make great money here. They get a bad rap for being a huge company with rookie drivers. In my opinion this gives plenty of opportunity for a good safe experienced driver. I’ve run dedicated home daily, dedicated home weekly, and regional home weekly. Made over $100,000 gross in 2021 as a company driver. Trainers makeMuch more. I tried it but not my thing living in a truck with another dude. To each their own….money is here if you work for it.

Pros

Lots of options to run on different fleets from dedicated to OTR to Regional, Good monthly bonus program, Good communication from my manager, Good equipment

Cons

Planning is hit and miss when manager off, Pay could be better

Equal chance to everybody to start their trucking career. Training is provided to familiarize new employee to the company system.

Swift will help you start your professional trucking career. Training is provided to familiarize yourself with trucking life. Experience is what will pay later in your career.

Pros

Equal chance is given to everybody to start your trucking career.

Cons

Starter pay is average

Good equipment, Good driver manager, lots of work, efficient, all types of routes, terminals in almost every major city or close

good driver manager. low mileage trucks with inverters and some fridges, I had dedicated route with no issues most times, very workable about home time, no real complaints, good company in my eyes. People bag on swift, don't listen to the haters.

Pros

good trucks, lots of work, plenty of time to get to destination no stress, I would go back, lots of routes to choose from, nice terminals for showers laundry free

Cons

3 weeks on road and 3 days home, weekend after hours support was bad, left because I didn't want to be out for 3 weeks at a time, wanted something close to home, I would go back

benefitswork life balance

Training could be better..More hands on training classroom setting instead of virtual training. Some people acting like they don't have time and that is why it needs to be consistent with one person training.

Pros

1 hour lunches

Cons

training is little disorganized need to be consistent.

Tons of hours if you're willing to work, little home time.

Lots of hours. Good management out of Troutdale Oregon. Home time sucks but that comes with the territory of OTR trucking. Pay was fine. could be better.

Pros

Lots of hours, newer trucks, good management in my experience.

Cons

Little break time, 1 home day a week. 5 days off for 5 weeks on the road.

Enjoyable work with purpose

Great job within Swift, but pay isn't keeping up with cost of living. I enjoy my work schedule and variety of work available. Big company so there are opportunities for lateral movement if something isn't a good fit.

Pros

Great schedule

Cons

Pay and benefits

Truck Driving is just not for me. Point blank Period.

I'm not going to say hardly anything. If you REALLY want to Drive Trucks, then join this Company, I guess. Training can be VERY Difficult if you can't Work with and Learn from the Driver Mentor assigned to you. (But, you can get a Different one!)

Pros

Traveling, Adventure, Independence, Some Freedom, Weekly Pay (if I'm not mistaken).

Cons

Typical Modern-Day Trucking Struggles. Being stuck in Remote Areas, being stuck at Hotels. Having to Drive through Snow. Out Driving on the Road A LOT, For LONG Periods of time, NOT In A Car where you can Enjoy it A LOT Better lol (just me).

Not a bad place to work if you don’t mind WORKING!

Ran the Dollar Tree Account of of Chesapeake, Va. Decent loads, not a lot of down time. All loads out of one DC. Some stores slower than others. Tight backing. Overall good account if you want to make good money. Be prepared to work ur butt off. Not for the weak!

Pros

Good pay, good management on this account

Fun and good place.

It was good to be there. I learned a lot and wouldn't mind going back. I left due to poor diet and had to lose weight. Other than that it was excellent.

Productive company and environment

Awesome place to start with no experience. Amazing training and amazing pay and benefits. Stick with it and it will pay off. They pay safety bonuses every three months.

Pros

New trucks and pay

Cons

Not a lot of after hours support

Great place to start

I have enjoyed the school, training and going solo. Every day I learn something new. I have a great team at my terminal and I have a great truck. Only downside, pay could be better.

Pros

My terminal

Cons

Can't take truck home

they lie

will tell you whatever you want to hear and then do exactly the opposite. joined the company wanting to work 6 weeks and then take a week off and it was all good until I got into the truck and then they said there is a 3 day max

Productive and fun workplace

Great pay and equipment I enjoyed my time working there. I stay out 3 weeks at a time and went home for 4 days. I wanted to get a dedicated route but

Administration tells you what you want to hear so you can stick around.

If you’re looking into going to school with this company beware. Tuition is 8,700 if you don’t stay with them for whatever reason, pay, they can’t get you in with a mentor as soon as you graduate or not enough home time. After graduating you’ll go out with a mentor for 6-8 weeks out (they say 4) not including breakdowns or not enough loads to get your miles completed. Once your done with your mentor you have to take another driving test (no one mentioned) and see if they’ll hire you. SOME mentors are not very clean to be polite! You have to live, eat and sleep in that truck for all those weeks and the last week you have to sleep in their bed (no one mentioned) because you’ll be doing team driving. mentors don’t care about your hygiene, eating habits or restroom breaks they’re getting paid by your miles you drive. It’s training it should be to what you can accomplish and feel comfortable with driving in a timely manner not feel pressured by it. After couple days (if you grasp everything fast) the mentor is not really teaching you anything anymore but won’t give the “Ok” because it’s to their own benefit of sitting back being on their phone and getting paid. Oh, and your 800 dollars guarantee pay is not including all your deductions and advancements they provide you (without even asking). Whatever they tell you RECORD IT it’s to your best interest. The recruiters sit behind a desk and are not in sync to what actually happens outside with the mentors, school or administration aspect all they see is a bonus percentage once they got you hooked.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Don’t have time to list them all.

Home time could be better but other then that it is a great job especially for new drivers. I currently deliver for Dollar tree so I unload my own trailers but it is not bad at all. Easy money.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Could use more home time but not bad compared to most OTR jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7
2.9
2.9

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss