Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

fun place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2018
i delivered to the dollar tree stores drove to the store unloaded there products drove to the next and so on and so on until everything was out of the trailer go back to the warehouse to pick up your new load for the new day
It was ok
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXMarch 25, 2018
Great training, certain terminals need a little work on business and professional work ethics. Sad to say harassment in every way is what destroys a lot of careers and longevity with the transportation industry.
Pros
Stable work
Cons
Harassment, Low pay
Good place to start your truck driving career.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 23, 2018
Good place to start your career, with good people and equipment. You could do all 48 states, regional, or local. They have dry van, refeer, and flat bed.
Pros
Excellent equipment
Cons
Miles needed to be more consistent
Swift the best
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, CTMarch 22, 2018
Yes mon! Swift was paradise miss chuck and kirk and all the family great partner to work with... Swift do more than just give you a job, they establish you
It was the best and then the worst.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2018
Best trucking job I had when I first started and was assigned to a dedicated contract near my home. Worst trucking job I had when the company cancelled this contract and then lost me in the system. After a month at the terminal in Greer, SC where I ended up with mechanical problems with the truck, no perdiem and no place to stay, I finally turned in my keys and left. I found out later that the truck was never repaired and never went out on the road. My first dispatcher was great in assigning trips and making sure I was OK. The company, after that, didn't even try to take care of me!
Pros
Working on the dedicated contract.
Cons
Everything else after that.
worked several depts some managers were good and some werent
claims (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2018
Enjoyed going to work. some managers had favorites but if you just did your job it was fine. Pay could've been better. Cafeteria was good. They do do random each month which was fine you just went across the parking lot to clinic to take
The knock on Swift is not true!
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 21, 2018
I was employed by Swift for 7 plus years. They presented me with numerous chances for success. I took them and excelled. The reason Swift has a bad reputation is due to the labor shortage created by the market and the inability to visually monitor its workforce outside of its own terminals. Swift is forced to employee drivers who would rather use the truck as a home than to actually make money for themselves.
Pros
Oppurtunities
Cons
Lack of home time
Swift is a decent company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2018
Swift is a good company. They are willing to work with you as far as providing loads that work with your schedule. Pay is average. The trucks are maintained often and in a timely manner.
Hard
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2018
Trucking is a very stressful industry. As a driver you must be available at all hours of the day and night. It strains relationships and causes one to be away from family.
Pros
Independence
do not work here
Network Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2018
a terrible culture of mediocrity...extremely political, getting to the top is all about who you know. organization structure is nonexistent which simply causes chaos
Stayed in same position
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 17, 2018
No chance for advancing with the company doesn't recognize hard work. Been with them for 4 years plus and never got a raise drivers does not get accommodated for hard work
Average to below average
Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2018
Swift is a great place to work if you are just starting out. However as you gain experience compensation and benefits are typically better at other companies. As far as pay is concerned it's right down the middle of average. Support is lack luster in most cases hold times waiting for particular representatives can be brutal. Perpetual babysitting and micro management quite often slows you down. Realistically it's not much different from most large carriers.
Alright
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Brundidge, ALMarch 16, 2018
I enjoy my job to an certain degree and I would have like for it to have gotten better but thing don't always go as planned so it was an learning curve in the career
not recommended
Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2018
they say they promote safety but they ignored several safety issues with faulty trailers until my partner was killed. i had a great dispatcher until i changed accounts and worked local in california
Pros
new equipment
Cons
they dont care about your safety or your family home time
fast paced, meet people, learn the transportation business
Terminal Safety Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 15, 2018
This company provides many training opportunities. Employees are treated well and are kept abreast of company business. It is nice to work in an environment where the top executive management is working among most of the employees every day.
Pros
Clean work environment. On site food options
Cons
parking
Funwork place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 15, 2018
Good company but just looking for local job so I can close to my family..fair company and its good for single or retired person..pay for 401k and healthcare...
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
30 min break
Stressful
Driver Leader (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMarch 14, 2018
Had to be worried about your job everyday. You are always in competition with each other....Management always had favorites. The people around you are always cursing and then sit around and let otherpeop!e answer their phone.
good for beginners
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2018
this company is a great to get a start but so big you do some sitting and to many policies and procedures that tie your hands of making money regional routes are available but limits miles and otr limits getting home to family
Pros
good to begin and learn
Cons
to big
No hours
swift (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 13, 2018
No hours and sometimes all we had was 20 or less hours ,sometimes they will tell some of us to go home because there was there was no work to do . I had to find something else ..
They will give anyone a chance
Driver-( Class A CDL) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXMarch 13, 2018
They will give anyone a chance, including people from another countries that are lacking basic driving skills. The company is a great starter company but overall you get screwed over during your training as well as after. If you are not driving you are not earning. I had no problem staying busy just a problem with getting my manager to pay me properly. Overall not the worst place in the world to work but they do not pay company drivers enough.
Pros
get to travel, plenty of hours
Cons
lack of professionalism, pay, and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.5

1.6Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight