SwimSpot Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
slow foot traffic retail store
Lead Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 2, 2018
At this particular location of this store, there would be maybe 2 sales per day, when our goal was 10 sales per day. As a key holder, I often worked by myself and there would be hours of just me alone in the store, cleaning the floors and remerchandising the swimsuit displays. Both the store manager and the overall management of the entire company was very poorly run. I do believe they have potential, but they just need to figure it out, and properly allocate tasks to each store and team.
Pros
discount on swimsuits
Cons
poor management
alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 7, 2018
the company is okay but not the best, if you like working in an unorganized workplace then this is the place for you. Working here had its perk of fun coworkers and a good discount but other than that that's pretty much it.
Pros
discount
Cons
Good
Fit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 7, 2018
Learned a lot and the girls were a lot of fun to work with! I'd recommend this job to people looking for a beginning position/first job. Discounts are good too!
Good temporary or part time job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZSeptember 5, 2017
This was a good part time/ side gig job. I wouldn't recommend it as a single source of income. There's no room for advancement, higher management personnel aren't exactly 'friendly' to say the least. You don't get any benefits or sick leave. I was placed on bed rest for a high risk pregnancy. I tried to work with the company to lesson my work load to where I could till maintain my job until I came off bed rest and they we're very mean about the situation & unwilling to compromise.
Pros
Can be fun at times
Cons
No breaks, standing consistently, prices are outrageous
Love this comany
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAMarch 7, 2017
In the short two years I have been here there has been a tremendous amount of growth and opportunities to change the way we do business. Management and the corporate staff is encouraging, supportive, and always working hard to improve the quality of the stores and your work/life balance. The product is high quality, knowing that it's manufactured here in CA is a major selling point for both employees and customers. The staff on hand currently is positive and extremely friendly. I would recommend this job to anyone who likes to make women feel beautiful, strives to always have a task or project to do, can work in a fast pace busy environment during season and be self sufficient and dependable when working during off-season.
Pros
management, employees, product, positive environment
easy going customer service
Assistant manager (key holder) (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 9, 2016
Its an easy job. learned a lot about customer service and woman insecurities. My co-workers were amazing but manager is lazy .I did however like helping women find a bathing suit they're gonna love and be confident in all summer.
Pros
commision and hourly
Cons
retail, rude customers, and bad managment
Great Environment
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CA 92026April 10, 2016
I like working at swimspot because it is a very positive environment, and my coworkers are almost like a little family. I love helping customers find a bathing suit that looks great, and makes them feel good about themselves. Workload is typically just whenever someone tries something on taking out the hygienic liners from the suits, and putting new ones, then putting the suit away. Sometimes you can change up the walls and make a new visual and so thats fun to put a little creativity into the work. Manager is like so cool, and she really knows her stuff and I love her! I would say that the job gets boring sometimes, as we get super slow during the winter months and the fall months. I really do love my job though!
Pros
Helping women have a great experience with bathing suit shopping
Cons
sometimes it is very slow, and boring
Good experience
Customer service rep/designer (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAMay 10, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of high volumes of customer service, from phone calls to emails and processing/fulfilling orders. I also did some graphic design for website, email blasts, and advertisement for the website. Management was very hard to talk to. I believe that management should always have an open door policy about communication and I don't feel like this was provided. However, my coworkers were great. It was completely a team environment. The hardest part of the job was the miscommunication between management and employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers and also how this job opened my eyes to graphic design and my future career.
Pros
free food on fridays, good office environment
Cons
short lunch breaks, not enough help
Great work experience for any intern interested in marketing.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJanuary 23, 2013
The work environment is positive, and one can learn a lot about social media marketing and writing for a SEO purposes. The SwimSpot team is helpful and friendly.