Swinerton Builders Employee Reviews

Drywall Taper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 31, 2018
Easy enviroment to work in. Fast pace. Always work. Lunch breaks are given well. Never have to ask whats going because the foremans are always on it with worl that needs to be done
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Not enough pay
Great company overall, management needs to focus more on project management teams
Project engineer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 24, 2018
Swinerton was a great place to work for. The people and teams are amazing.

A typical day of work is what you make it.

It's a very corporate structure with many politics. You must either know someone well or be an A player. Requires a lot of hard work. Otherwise, they will leave you out to dry.

I learned to speak up is important. Hard work alone doesn't cut it. Otherwise you will be left to dry, like I was. If you aren't happy with something, then speak up. Hard work alone isn't enough.

Management cares more about making a profit on the projects than they do their employees.

The hardest part of the job is really loving what you do because you will spend many hours building projects.

The pay and the benefits are fair to good. More worth it as you have more influence in the company.
Pros
Great people, pay, benefits
Cons
Projects run very lean, field personnel work long hours
A lot of nice people work here.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2018
A lot of nice people work here. It's located in downtown Los Angeles. Lots of restaurants are within walking distance. They pay for parking. It's located in a nice area of downtown.
The Base pillars are good, but the management is not great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2018
the office atmosphere was pretty flexible and easy going. overall i felt comfortable and like i could communicate with most of my fellow co-workers. management however is another thing. they really don;t know how to communicate properly to their employees what they want or how to properly advance. they make changes without looking at their employees and seeing what is best for them as w hole. they look up instead of inside.
Pros
PTO is not too bad
Cons
kept raising healthcare rates, management bad at communicating
Great Company To work for
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 17, 2018
Very welcoming staff. Friendly enviroment, Team work was huge.

Open door policy with management, always could get thorough answers any time I had a question.
Laborer/Racker
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAJune 12, 2018
shaking out witch is setting out the parts for the torque tubes like the couplers barring's and brackets. I learned how to rack and how to mount the motors on the piles. The management was always close by monitoring the work task being performed. The culture was fast paced the hardest part was walking the arrays and racking over trenches if there was one or if the pile was to high to reach while racking and the uneven walking surfaces. I liked the scenery it was different.
Pros
good pay good people
Cons
uneven walking sufaces
day were long but was do able for people willing to work
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Toppenish, WAMay 22, 2018
what my typical day looked like was just either picking companies belongings or taking down walls. The hardest part of the job is it would get really hot some days and wasn't the best when I had to work outside because of the smoke that was in the air. the things I didn't really learn anything because the stuff I knew knew how to do. Management would be picky on how things were about what I could and couldn't do, my supervisor would also micro manage at times.
Productive workplace
Laborer, Leadman, electrician helper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 8, 2018
Loved working for this company. I just wished the job wasn't temporary because I would've loved to continue working for them. I would definitely work for them again if offered a position in my area.
Pros
Company provided all safety equipment needed.
A great company to work for
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 20, 2018
I felt Swinnerton builders was a great company to work for. They offered the training needed to enhance your career and the culture was definitely a team work environment. I would recommend this company to anyone
Pros
Great company
Great job.
Solar Panel Installer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Stockton, TXMarch 6, 2018
I loved working for this company. I would be at work bright and early and wouldn’t leave until night time. I was on the hucking and bombing crew so it was pretty laid back
Lots of work available
Concrete Worker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 30, 2018
I learned a lot of different fields of construction. It is a perfect place to make a career. Great benefits and Great compensation as well. If u like working hard for your money this is the place for you.
A Great Company
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2018
They were very good to there employees and I have nothing bad to say about them. The reason I left I moved to New Orleans after Katrina to help rebuild the city.
Pros
A Great Company to work for
Productive Place to Work
Project Manager/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 11, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Swinerton Builders. They treat their employee's well, The work was fasted paced and exciting. They are a well rounded and effective company
Stressful
Foreman (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Meeting with foreman every 2 weeks, tools and equipment aren't enough for crew sent to jobsite, gain boxes supply are very poor, listen to site job employees ideas and needs
Good
Carpenter Apprentice surveyor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2018
Swinerton builders was a good company they just did not have good benefits.for there workers and no chance to move up in the field or any training to help you move up
They are a good company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 4, 2017
This company is a good company to work for as they take care of their employees and make sure that hard work is rewarded, they also get good jobs to work on.
Professional work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 31, 2017
The workplace culture at Swinerton was very professional. Very competent personnel were allocated to each department to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
Great Company
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2017
Real great company to work for, I went from project admin to project accounting work on-site and enjoyed my position. I would have loved to be still working for this company unfortunately they pulled out of Houston and no longer do business here.
Great company.
Solar Installer/laborer (Former Employee) –  Murphy, Idaho kuna, idahoOctober 21, 2017
My experience with swinerton was great! I knew a little about what the job assigned to me and they were very understanding when didn’t understand something. They took time out to make sure I understand what needs to be done day in day out. Long work hours, but it was worth working. The pay was good and lots of overtime! Over all I was glad to work with swinerton.
Pros
Very understandable leads and foreman. Work as a team. Pay was good.
Cons
Only con was it was though a temp agency and wish I could get on fully with the company.
fun but safe work place
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Willcox, AZSeptember 26, 2017
it was a great paying job and i learned how to do everything the job had to offer, the management was great and the workplace culture was excellent the hardest part of the job was the first day.