Swing Education Employee Reviews

productive and Fun work place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCNovember 28, 2018
Great schools to work with. excellent environment and Flexible hours (Pick your own schedule). You can choose to select only schools/jobs that work out for your location pays quickly. The assignments are often taken quickly.
Cons
The assignments are often taken quickly.
Productive and very beneficial.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 22, 2018
SWING is the best place of employment for substitutes. The weekly pay is one of the best features and the job availability makes substituting very convenient.
Pros
Weekly pay.
Good company to work for flexiblity.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2018
SWING for substitute is easy to work with because assignments come via text as needed. They pay weekly. They give details about the school assignment and contact person. I just started in October and have most of my assignments from SWING.
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
No benefits
Plenty of work for subs
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Sacramento CANovember 13, 2018
There is always available work thru Swing. If I ever had questions or concerns I emailed and staff responded in a timely manner. They were very helpful.
Pros
Pays well, experience gained
Cons
Some areas of schools not the best
Great place to work at with minor caveates
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesNovember 11, 2018
Swing is a fantastic company, first and foremost. The difficulty *can* come in getting jobs. I've heard some horror stories of only working one day a week, but fortunately I've been able to consistently work everyday.
I LOVE the flexibility swing gives me, and wouldn't trade it for anything else.
Perfect job to have to go back to school.
Pros
Quick paced, fun job, flexible schedule, you pick your work
Cons
Getting work can be difficult, some staff don't respect the sub
Great job to make extra money on the side as a grad student
Swing Hero (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 10, 2018
I enjoy Swing because they pay weekly and I can create my own schedule. At first I was confused by the text message job assignment system because I expected to get requests the day before but most of them come in the morning between 6-7am so you need to be awake and ready if you know you want to work. As you keep working you start getting requests days ahead of time which is nice. If you work with schools regularly and they get up know you, Swing rewards you with bonuses. I just got offered the swing hero recognition this week after working with them for three months :) This is a very convenient way for me to make extra money on the side as a graduate student when thecstipend doesn’t cover my bills! So helpful, especially with the holidays coming up! The only thing I wish they would do is pay more for working with the younger kids. You get paid 142 and up per day for working with high school kids but only about 136 and some change for working with elementary school children who are much more difficult to keep in their seats and doing their work. Especially the little little ones!
Pros
Great pay, rewarding and thank-Full job
Cons
Classroom control (That’s really it so I’ll take it!)
Flexible & Convenient Approach to Filling Subsitute Teaching Jobs
Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 7, 2018
Swing Education acts as a clearing house/agent to connect teachers with available substitute teaching jobs. Online connection makes reviewing daily openings and accepting assignments very easy.

Teachers are treated as independent contractors for all employment purposes and so have full control of when and where to choose to work.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling
Cons
No benefits, no fixed location of work
Provide instruction and classroom adjectives to students.
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CASeptember 5, 2018
I came in as someone new to teaching, but was seeking to gain experience. I was given training and instruction beforehand to better adapt to the challenges of the classroom. I felt it was a positive experience overall.
A Great Place to Work
Subsitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAAugust 27, 2018
Working day-to-day for Swing is great. They've created a great online interface that is easy to use to get jobs on, and one creates one's schedule. Swing's expertise with creating pathways online for substitutes to communicate between themselves was great, and staff was part of online interactions. Swing understand it's good to create incentives, and they did give bonuses at times. There were a variety of public and charter schools to work at and I enjoyed being at the different sites and jobs.

Living in mid 2017 in the Bay Area, the cost of living was high. Swing compensation in 2017 varied for different schools, and was average pay compared to other substitute jobs in the Bay Area.
Pros
Get jobs online, easy interface, communicative staff that usually responds quickly, creative and collaborative staff, variety of schools
Cons
Compensation is so-so. No benefits.
A fair deal
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 9, 2018
Swing allows independent contractor substitute teachers much latitude in their choice of locations, and the frequency of assignments that are accepted. It's completely up to the substitute to choose the assignments.
Pros
Flexibility to choose assignments per pre-agreed general locations
Cons
Must be quick to reply to phone texts to confirm job offers, Not sure how their computer algorithm chooses which subs to contact.
Great opportunity for me to help the youth in our community.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 6, 2018
Swing is a wonderful platform for anyone desiring to be an educator. I like the online education resources that help me gain more insight into Being an effective teacher as well as effective ways to manage a classroom.
Pros
You get to work with great people who want to make a difference.
Cons
Many schools have kids with behavior issues
Swing is a great company to work for!
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2018
The staff at swing are very helpful. They respond within 24 hours to any issues or questions I may have. There are numerous amounts of assignments throughout the school year and the pay is great!
Pros
I can work when I want.
Cons
There is not much work during the summer.
Great Opportunity
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 1, 2018
Swing is a great company with great pay and great flexibility.

After working with Swing for nearly three years now, I have found that I really appreciate the flexibility and variation in terms of jobs assignments. For those of us looking to build our experience and network as a consultant with various schools and school districts it is a great chance to build your resume and learn more about your specific skill set and area/need for growth.

It is definitely a great stepping stone for growth in one's career in education!
Pros
Flexible days, great pay
Cons
No benefits, travel reimbursement, consistency
Overall good place
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 31, 2018
Swing is a good company, however some of they schools they work with seem poorly organized. Some sub plans were only two or three sentences long and could in no way prepare someone for a whole school day.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Contractors must take out their own taxes, poorly prepared schools
Great place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCJuly 31, 2018
I really enjoy working for swing , the only complaint I have is after leaving town for an emergency (father passing away )and having to cancel two jobs last minute i lost my star sub status which by the way was the only time I cancelled in two years of working

(Star sub status you gain after not canceling, being consistent and getting good reviews from schools therefore resulting in first alerts of jobs )

I had no control over loosing My father I wish swing had a better policy around bereavement for its subs because I feel I worked hard to gain start sub status just to loose it over a family emergency ,
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Benefits
N/a
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 31, 2018
Nothing else to add...nice company to contract out with. Work for yourself,great experience, something to add to resume. Great as second income if possible, not enough to live on single income. Pay could be greater with benefits. No benefits as a sub could offer more incentives for subs.
It is the Lyft/Uber of Teaching
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  East San Francisco Bay AreaJuly 30, 2018
With all of the same benefits and disadvantages. It is contract work, which meant that I worked when I could and wanted to, and not if I could not or did not want to.

I really enjoyed the opportunity to work at a variety of local schools - and many of them public charter schools.. The administration at the schools where I worked were supportive and responsive to my needs.
Pros
Work when I want to, not when I don't. Pay is competitive as a substitute.
Cons
Substitute teaching can be hard, not having the lasting relationships in each school is a disadvantage.
Good place for subs
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 29, 2018
I like that I can choose my assignments, and when my children got frequently sick at the last minute, swing still worked with me. There are plenty of assignments in my area. Most jobs are at Rocketship charter schools. They pay substitutes more than my local school district.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No paid sick days
Lack of assignments
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 28, 2018
I always see the assignment and when I go to check it I find it gone .I hope to have long term assignments nearby. Hopefully Swing spreads this year and I can get jobs nearby.
Fast hiring process
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2018
Great experience if interested in education/teaching.
Higher paying than other agencies, but you must do your own accounting for TAXES. They don't handle that for you.
Pros
many opportunities
Cons
competitive for job acceptance. still growing so not available everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swing Education. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6