Swinomish Casino Employee Reviews

Negative work invironment
N/A (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WAApril 9, 2019
They give you a set of goals and you meet and exceed these goals and they only acknowledge negative aspects of your work. Very poor motivational tactics utilized by upper management.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Incompitent upper management upstairs, especially in the Food and Beverage
Great place until new management
Cage cashier (Former Employee) –  AnacortesAugust 30, 2018
I loved working for the company until new management took over. I planned on retiring from the company after putting in so many years but new management made that impossible! They want robots to work for them and if you're not popular with the management or supervisors, they write you up and force you out. You have to be part of their clique or you're out no matter how well you do your job.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Long shifts, discrimination
fast-paced and fun work environment
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WAMarch 15, 2018
most enjoyable part of my time there was the positive and welcoming culture of my department. made every day at work a breeze, and is why I recommend this casino to people in search of a job in the Anacortes area
This place sucks
Busser (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WAAugust 18, 2017
The place is dirty and a mess in the back. The mangers will stay in the back room and play games on there phone the whole time. If they have to get up and do something they aren't happy about it.
Fun place to work
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WAAugust 9, 2016
I learned many different skills here including customer service and working at a point of sale. My co-workers were great, and the management was very friendly.
A days work
Server/Team Support (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WADecember 30, 2014
On a typical day I would come in and immediately begin to do my job. Starting with making coffee and cleaning while dealing with customers and phone calls. Then I would make sure all items were stocked for use and extra in case it was needed. And that was continued throughout the day. As well as going out and helping in the restaurant by hosting, cashiering, bussing tables and taking and serving orders to customers. At this job I learned that everyday is different when dealing with customers and co-workers and you have to come in with the right attitude daily or it will be miserable for everyone involved.
Managers and co-workers were easy to get along with and helpful when needing to learn about something I had not known before.
The hardest part of the job was the constant picking up of slack from others that did not do their job and it affecting my own.
The most enjoyable was interacting with the customers as each one was different and brought something new to the table.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Others not doing thier jobs
Casino
Audit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anacortes, WAJune 15, 2012
Great place to work, drama was to much, enjoyed what I did as an auditor
Pros
miss working for the company
Cons
drive was to far