Swire Coca-Cola

Swire Coca-Cola Employee Reviews

United States657 reviews

cocacocacolacolacokemerchandiserrouteovertimesoda

No PTO & Over worked

The job was alright for the first couple of months but, beware if you request off you still get a point regardless the situation. You don't get PTO, only time paid off are 3 floating days and 2-week vacation days that's it. The people that work there are fun and the day goes by faster but most of the time you are alone. During the holidays beware as a merchandiser you will receive 10-20 pallets depending on the store, during the summer you get smaller loads.

Pros

Coworkers are great to work with

Cons

no PTO, needs better pay

What is the best part of working at the company?Horrible companyWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Mgt put for their own. No backup and I worked there 16 years.

Swire Coca-Cola insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

What is the best part of working at the company?Very energetic and fun to work atWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?I wouldn't say anything is stressful.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very friendly and nice to get along with. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Day keeps you busy and goes by quickly.

Easy call center

The job itself is very easy. You just take coca cola orders and place service tickets for customers. There is a lack of communication throughout departments which makes it difficult to answer customer questions. The call center is fairly small so it's easy to get caught in office politics. There is a communication problem within the call center so not everyone is on the same page.

No Communication or Planning

verry little clear communication and no one takes charge in most stituations unorganized and struggling to keep employees. they say work at your own pace then nag at you if ou arnt hitting more then one store a day. they they over order and complain you dont get a 9 pallet truck done in 4 hours

What is the best part of working at the company?Working for the store management and costumers and seeing them happy for the hard work I’ve done.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Making sure everything is looking professionally organized and done correctly and training other employees and making sure their doing the job right.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very professional and very respectful to their employees.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I did second pulls so I first go into the store got to all coolers and isles and end caps and displays filled and straightened and organized

Awful Environment

Don't trust anyone who works here. Swire Denver is only about the $$ they bring in and could care less about the employee. Unless you are favorited you won't be appreciated. Very few managers train and develop while other stand by and to point out flaws. Those few managers care about the feelings of their workers while those others could care less.

Lots of overtime, physically demanding

70 hours a week year round Great payGreat benefitsTrucks were ehh subpar decent and trailers were tooLift gates broke too often or way to slowOverall I had a good experience A better job for the physical kind, if your moderately active or lazy then it won’t be a fit for youI had 14-18 stops per day 800-1200 cases per dayStores think they own you while you’re stocking their shelves If you’re mentally and physically strong then you’ll striveSome buddies say it’s a lot easier now than when I was thereSo maybe the routes have gotten lighter Not so much 14’s everyday, more 11’s everyday, so still good overtime

New management makes a good place to work in wearhouse

I'm a order builder and it's a great job, ride around on a walkie rider loading various coke products onto pallets building diff orders to go to diff stores. Physical labor is high demand yes but you never lift more then 30lbs at one given time. Just rock out to music making pallets. Overtime as much as you want, weekends off. I couldn't ask for a more chill job. Esp since I'm a felon but hey they don't have to know that haha our little secret.

Simple job with a lot of flexibility

Working as a merchandiser for Coca-Cola is very easy to learn, as long as you learn to use a pallet jack, which shouldn't take longer than a day or 2. It's was nice to be able to arrive at your stores, work and then leave; management is generally hands-off and will only bother you if you aren't doing any work. The work is honestly very physically demanding as you will generally be working at a fast pace for the full duration of your shift: you will have muscle soreness on a busy day. Luckily, the 4-day schedule will help you when you have to recover over the 3-day weekend.The worst parts of working here as a Merchandiser will usually have nothing to do with Coca-Cola themselves but rather the stores that you are sent to. If you're lucky you will get a good store with a well-organized back-room, sufficient number of pallet-jacks, acceptable hygiene, and courteous staff. If you're not so lucky you might get stuck in a terrible store and it can severely impact your day-to-day job quality. If you think that a store couldn't possibly be that bad, I caution you to think again; I once had to work a store for some days where the entire back room was filled with garbage and smelled like rotting meat, the smell was so bad that it slowed down my working pace as I had to step outside every 10-30 minutes as the smell made me feel physically ill.

Pros

Mileage reimbursement, Good management, OT opportunities, Salary pay option after 1 year, Decent starting pay

Cons

Physically demanding, 3 days PTO to start, Lots of driving, Sometimes you will be forced to loiter at a store to get your daily hours

What is the best part of working at the company?Being alone where you don't have to be around other employees because they are always so rude for no reason to any merchandiser What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The other employees you have to work with What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic. They don't care about you or anyone else and every person I met was so rude because your a merchandiser and they aren't. They give the job on the spot because they have such a problem with people leaving because no one is treated right.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Depends on the day. If your alone it's actually a good job but when your with other people expect the worst until the job ends which then they will try to make you workover time and if you don't they will shame you for it

Early mornings and terrible management

Work 10-15 hours a day throwing Coca Cola brands. Not worth the money.Manage merchandisers that don’t do anything and always think you’re doing less work than they are.

productive

leave it to me to self start . gets what i need to do the job. have total confidence of supervisor andconstant projectswhen done start over! managment on projects i do.

Pros

often lunches paid by dept.

Cons

no bennifits for me

Worst company

Worst company to work for out of all the vendors pays the least of vendors and brings the most pallets into stores and has the most product. One of the worst company's out there.

Cons

Productive and fun place to work.

Great place to work, friendly people and team work.Warehouse job is not that easy but always prove yourself, let them know that you can do it. Reputable company with a lot of opportunities to grow.

Cool place. Free soda

It was cool. I liked working with different people. Driving the pallet n ajcks. It was a lot of work. But cool to work there. A lot of different products

Swire Coke in Spokane

It’s a god job they have an on mechanic that works swing shift to try to keep the equipment up and running. Some other tractors need to find a new home at a local wrecking yard. The health benefits medical dental vision is terrible. The amount you pay out of your own pocket fir the coverage is bad.

Pros

Fair wages discounts on pop

Cons

Poor medical coverage

Lack of professionalism in management

Lack of professionalism in management, no pay after 8 hours but expected to work 12 hours and weekends without pay. No overtime pay or comp to long hours.

Pros

Cons

Lack of professionalism by management

Trash company

The title is "CDL Driver" but should be switched to "Laborer". Way too much work for the low pay. 900 cases per route on a daily. Management sucks and unorganized

Good coworker bad sup bad management bad everything

Like I say only good coworker everything else is bad. Working there is a dark hole like going to a war. Sup and workers battling it out no team work they try to get one another fire. Unless your a as kisser this place is not a good place to be working. Stupid sup

Job was fine, management sucks

The pay and hours are decent but management doesn't care about you, on the plus side you're alone most of the time so if you like to work alone its pretty good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swire Coca-Cola. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Swire Coca-Cola.
Powered byComparably