Swish Dental
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100

Working at Swish Dental: 22 Reviews

Great atmosphere ruined by being overworked and understaffed

Swish is a very well marketed and branded company in Austin. They have a great reputation and patients are scheduling in droves. Providers aren’t respected - often times hygienists and doctors are told to complete multiple patients in an hour without proper staffing. The daily schedule is like any other high production corporate dental office, where doctors are typically in 2 columns plus 4 exam/new patient columns. Hygienists are asked to perform assisted hygiene often and are not compensated like assisted hygienists should be. Office managers and operations team make decisions against the providers wishes on scheduling. All of their staff is burnt out and over worked leading to high turnover.

Pros

Modern atmosphere, fun coworkers

Cons

Packed schedule, focused on money

Work somewhere else

Don’t be hypnotized by the nice offices, work culture, and casual work uniforms, it’s all an illusion. Company is legit structured like a cult “founding father’s” call the shots, make and break the rules, and then banish you when you ask questions or speak up. They low ball you on salaries when you can clearly see the success of the company, and take advantage of the younger employees who are less likely to speak up. HR is run by one person and when HR has not operated ethically and you’ve followed the proper chain of command you are redirected instead of assisted. The smoke and mirrors are real! Remember when you were little and the clown made you a cute balloon animal only for part of it to pop on the way home? This company is that balloon animal. Guess whose the clown if you work here? Doctors have no say in staff changes in the office. Office managers are often not notified that they don’t have adequate coverage for a shift. Employees are disrespected, gossiped about, overworked, and under appreciated. There is no work life balance. The bonus structure is horrible and the benefits are subpar. Please also know that if your social media is not private, it is not safe, as they are always watching. The sad part is the company is greatly designed but the operations department is tearing it down piece by piece, remember when Kanye said “you the type to play a joke and try and hide your hand” ? Yup! That’s what they do. You would think that they would operate better with a staff shortage and other companies willing to pay you what you ask for. The turnover rate is HIGH as people -

Pros

Dress Code and company swag

Cons

Operations department

Swish Dental insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Great culture and growth

Really enjoy working here since it's super modern and they're willing to listen to employees. I like how they're open to career opportunities while growing

Pros

culture, management

Amazing culture, work life balance, compensation

I am a dental hygienist of 10 years and really was looking for a company that would fulfill all of my needs. I wanted to have a good work life balance with my little ones, flexible schedules, and flexible times with my hygiene appointments. I found Swish and they offered me all of that. I found that Swish really listened to my needs when it came to my appointment times! The culture is great with amazing managers and coworkers. The managers are very supportive providing training and mentorship along the way. Great uniforms, medical benefits and ClassPass! They seem to really know what they are doing and throw great parties!

Great benefits, culture, happiness

Such a positive work environment at Swish Dental.The overall environment is wonderful and the culture is very fun. As a long term employee, they recently updated their benefits and also have great bonus structures. Great uniform allowance.

Pros

Beautiful uniforms, austin tc tickets

Cons

Amazing place to grow and work

They go above and beyond for staff and patients. The goal is to provide the best case ever. They are very flexible with supplies and getting new technology that can be used by the providers.

Pros

Gifts from CEO, free lunch, tech

Great Place to Work

The office atmosphere and culture is young and modern with a home like feel. This isn’t only great for the patients that we see but for the people that work here too that get to be productive in a great establishment! The staff was welcoming from the minute I started my position here. I received great training for 3 weeks and feel very confident about my new position! I’ve noticed there is room for growth due to the company continuously growing. The management team and CEO has been very helpful with all my training and questions being very kind people and very generous in all aspects! I really enjoy my position here and I can’t wait to reach my full potential.

Pros

Nice working environment

Positive Work Environment and Multiple Possibilities to Grow

I've worked with Swish for a couple of years now and have made multiple advancements with my job position, they are a growing practice so there is always opportunities for growth. The work culture is a positive environment and typically everyone is always upbeat in the office. The owner and management team are very supportive to their employees and always there for you whenever you may need something. My overall job experience has been the best I've encountered thus far and I'm very happy with my position here.

Pros

Health Benefits, Job Advancement, Bonuses, Pto

This is such a fun place to work with awesome culture and management.

Everyone at Swish is so empowering and happy! From the top to us office managers, everyone is hardworking, happy, and helping. Swish has really fun events for staff to get to know each other and work collaboratively! Good PTO benefits especially if you are with the company longer as well as free uniforms.

Pros

free lunch

Seems like a great place until you realize there’s a toxic work culture

Began working at Swish Dental and was excited to be a part of a thriving dental practice in the Austin area. My role/title was changed by management a couple of times during the first 2 months, which I felt didn’t allow me the proper training. They also switched me from back and forth from 2 offices early in my training, not close to each other at all, so that was slightly frustrating. Everyone seems nice at first, but it’s the typical toxic work culture where people talk behind each other’s backs, and occasionally make passive aggressive comments. Some offices are better than others about it. If you are the type who can sit down and chat with 2 other coworkers about meaningless things, while also doing your work, then this is the place for you. If you don’t enjoy chatter and small talk, you prefer to limit distractions and focus, this is NOT the place for you. Dealing with this, I lost momentum quickly. I felt like if I focused on my job completely, and didn’t engage in social banter with other coworkers, I was seen as weird or antisocial or rude.

Pros

CEO sends food and gifts often, decent benefits package, opportunity to learn

Cons

Toxic work culture, some miscommunication between management

Patient Focused Dental Group w/ New Age Culture

I've been with Swish for over 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. I used to get bored and want to look for something different every time I hit a year at other offices I worked at but I don't feel that way here. The way management takes the time to work with each team and set them up for success is incredible. We constantly have trainings to help team members overcome any obstacles they might be facing. The company also empowers all employees to be great dental educators so all our patients understand their dental needs. In terms of patient focused dentistry...this is the place to be. It also helps that all the Swish locations are very modern, lively and fun to work at. I truly believe this is the dental home I've been looking for and I don't see myself leaving any time soon.

No benefits, no HR team, horrible management, start-up company

No sick time at all. Get 5 PTO days total per year that you can use as vacation or on a sick day. One HR person for whole company that is very biased. Owner and upper management never takes responsibility for their mistakes. The company is a start-up but there is no room for fast growth. Employees who are way overqualified for their position will work there for 3 years in that position before they ever get a raise or promoted. No bonus or or raise structure. Very high turnover.

Pros

Beautiful offices

Cons

No benefits

Great company - so much growth opportunity for all Employees.

I've been with this company for 3 years and counting. I did my dental assistant externship with them, during the externship I was able to get all the training I needed to be a great assistant. I've learned and grown so much with Swish Dental. I went from being an RDA to Lead RDA and help start up a new location, I am currently part of the Dental Assistant Training team and it's been a great experience. There is so much opportunity to grow in the company, you have to want to grow and have the will to work hard. I am extremely grateful to work for such an amazing company.

You feel connected even though it's a group

I've worked at other dental offices and everything here is modern and new. Even though there are multiple offices we feel like we all know each other.

Pros

Gym membership, bonuses

Cons

Dental patients

The people I work with are excellent!!!

CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Swish Dental is amazing. We are a TEAM and always try our best to help one another. There is no in-fighting and conflicts, when they arise, are quickly worked out.

Nightmare of a dental office

This is not a dental office, felt like I was working in a tattoo shop. Owners have zero interest in providing good pt care, money hungry, extremely disrespectful. If providing good service to pts is your goal, then this is not for you. I was really badly hurt by the way I was treated there, I hope no one else go through that. There is plenty of respected dental office, just move along!

Swipe (Hard) Left

Sorry not sorry but this company is not a company but run like a start up that is headed for disaster. A cornucopia of what seems to be a dental practice rolled into a poorly structured business model. If coronavirus was an employer and your management team was the current presidential administration sums it up.

Fantastic office

This company is one of the best companies that I have worked for. The owner is very hands on with each and every employee. My opinion was always put into account. It is always evolving, but I never felt left behind.

Not a good place to work

Abusive owner and poor management. pressure employs to sell treatment and invisialgin which is all they care about. OM and lead assistants treat staff very bad, high turn over of employees

Overall, Swish Dental is a great and trendy company to work for.

Just be yourself during the interview and everyday you’re at Swish. It’s a relaxed and fast-paced company. Teamwork is important as much as working independently.

Pros

trendy, supportive, good training

Cons

high turnover

Externship

I would highly recommend Swish Dental to any Dental assistant, the location way to far for me. I received a lot of hands on experience while doing my externship at this company. They have all of the advanced and updated technology.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swish Dental. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Swish Dental in popular locations

Swish Dental reviews by popular job title

• Swish Dental