Swiss Re Employee Reviews

Upper management wants you to be a robot
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 26, 2018
Upper management wants a specific type of person and if you don’t fit that mold you will not go far. They ask for feedback and then you are penalized for giving it.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Few raises, bad culture
Excellent Company
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYOctober 7, 2018
Swiss Re is an excellent reinsurer who invests in its employees. The company stresses training and has an internal "academy" for employees to utilize.
Pros
subsidized lunchs
Cons
location
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2018
Swiss Re was an exciting place to work. Learned a lot both from my supervisor and co-worker. The corporate office is in Switzerland so I got to meet many individuals vising us int he U.S.
Productive, supportive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAApril 18, 2018
Swiss Re is an International company and an inspiring place to work !!! I learned many advanced computer skills. In-service seminars with a "Green Environment" policies were provided..
Excellent workplace culture and a supportive management.
Supportive management and coworkers. Excellent benefits .
Swiss Re Life
Help Desk Support (Temp position) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 9, 2018
SwissRe contracts out there IT staff and the staffing company does not give raises and there based in TX and does not really research on current living expenses in IL
Pros
nice staff
Cons
Low pay
Careers, Benefits, Leadership, and Culture
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  United States - variousApril 4, 2018
To advance at the company you need to work in one of their primary locations. In the United States that would be Armonk, NY or Schaumburg, IL. Some offices are subject to a location strategy that limits the types of higher level jobs that may be worked from that specific location. On the other hand, if you are able to relocate to one of the main offices there are significant opportunities for advancement.

The company has a vibrant employee friendly policy on teleworking and flexible work arrangements. The company pays well overall, and has a generous benefit package which includes significant time off depending on your role and length of service.

The management/leadership competence is hit and miss.The company promotes Leadership Imperatives, but their demonstration at some of the higher levels of leadership is not apparent.

The corporate culture has changed over the last few years and has become less collegiate as between leaders and sometimes between leaders and their staff. It is still a rather white male dominated leadership group in the United States and in Europe, though the company does promote diversity in the workplace.
Great company poor management
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYJanuary 10, 2018
great company they take care of their employees but the management is very bad. micromanagement is almost policy and americans are treated like second class to zurich employees.
Good company
Senior Operations Accountant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 7, 2018
Good company, but you can become locked into certain departments. They stress personal and career growth, but often we are too busy. Lots of reorganizations, changes.
Pros
12% 401k match every year and yearly bonuses
Cons
Hard to know what you bonus will be from one year to the next
Great office culture
Travel & Expense Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 18, 2017
Love working with Swiss Re, if I could relocate with them I would never leave. Work/life balance is incredible. So many days off with early closing prior to national holidays.
Good
Business Services Associate Travel & Expense (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 31, 2017
Nice place to start career. Insurance background not needed. Very flexible with teaching and letting employees learn different areas of the business.
Working Experience
Data Migration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 24, 2017
Focused company and your individual experience increases while employed there. I liked working at the company. I suggest 100% to join in this company if anyone asks my suggestion..
Work life
Vice President - Sr. Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 16, 2017
Swiss Re has an excellent approach to work/life balance. It is a good company to work for. Most bosses are well trained and flexible. They tend to reorganize their European operation a lot. That is why I'm on the market.
Pros
Travel
Cons
They tend to reorganize a lot - that is why I'm on the market.
Swiss Re
Senior Treaty Accountant, Special Lines Division (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYAugust 15, 2017
Had many lay offs. Company grow ever fast. Stong managment. Employees come first. Great workplace culture. Gave back to the community. Love working there.
Pros
Work place culture
Cons
Lots of lays off
intern experience
Risk Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 20, 2017
I liked the people I worked with and my line managers were very helping and experienced. This is the good part. However, the company was in a state of disconnect. At least the project I was involved with was not being provided by the technical assistance that was needed. I was wondering why initiate a project while there is not enough support to do it.
Fun Place
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 8, 2017
Follow ups, and uncovering issues that lay in Policy premium and payments.

I learn a lot about the company and the history.

Hardest part of the job is getting in a grove because not everyday has the same things going as the day before you have to be more flexible in other areas and a team player outside your team. But its a great place and extremely rewarding job .
Did not stay long enough to give feed back
Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYMay 24, 2017
* Long hours - but this is my personality
* Pleasant colleges
* I only stayed for couple of months to provide feedback due to commuting hours was stressful than I expected
Swiss Re
Senior Property Facultative Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 10, 2017
My job responsibilities typically included identifying and analyzing significant exposures, developing strong marketing relationships. The most interesting aspect of the job was having the opportunity to review and learn about so many different types of business. The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with the declining rate environment.
Good company but team really matters.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYApril 5, 2017
Good company but your experience really depends on the team. Office politics of managing people is another issue. However , most co-workers are nice to work with.
Great job but no advancements
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYDecember 6, 2016
The Job is simple very easy but there is no growth. You give and take access for traveling employees and monitor there schedules.
given on a excel sheet.
Pros
free coffee, professional work place great staff, best veiw in armonk
Cons
dead end job
Excellent company
Chief Financial Officer - Life Capital Americas (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYOctober 5, 2016
World class organization, flexible work environment, engaged management. Overall people are very friendly and willing to help where needed. Very clear mandate from management on executing on the vision of the leadership team.