Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Found 1,390 reviews matching the search See all 2,635 reviews
Little opportunities to grow
Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 19, 2019
A typical day at work is stressful; I am learning different tasks in the office; Since there is a lack of workers at night and the workers are overwhelmed to get the job done.
intersting workplace/ terrible management
Baggage Handler/Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAJanuary 18, 2019
Its a stressful place to work but time passes by with people that you get close with. You will meet many people from different cultures and learn from them. Current agent will teach you so many things and everyday you will learn something new. The upside of it, management is beyond terrible. The manager will try to fire you if he doesn't like you. They will mess up your hours if you don't check on a daily base.
Pros
great people
Cons
management
Great work place and great co workers
Passenger Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2019
Training is very on point. You need to have a yearly update on security tastings and knowledge testing. Overall a great place to work. There are some rooms in advancement. But you have to be willing to work hard for it.
Pros
Community
Cons
Split shifts
n/a
Fueler (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Sorry. I really dont have anything to say about my experience here It was kinda of bad. The pay was bad. The hours were too long. And the stench was horrible
Production fun
Ramp Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 14, 2019
Swissport is a great company that people should work for specially base on the salary, however after 6 months you get flight benefits and all other stuff such as 41k. You are learning new things every day.
Very Poor Working Environment
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  LaGuardia Airport, NYJanuary 13, 2019
They got you working like an animal, with no breaks, they give you one hour lunch, they write down. They hire inexperienced drivers that like to argue. The buses are old, with poor maintenance. The managers are over-worked with no knowledge of DOT rules. They will try to overwork you too. Never in my life, I have seen a workplace that looks like a pig pen. The man that hires you, makes promises, then he will turn on you, when you start working. Very Stressful Environment, lousy health benefits and union benefits, low pay. STAY AWAY FROM THIS GARBAGE JOB!!!!
Pros
No future here
Cons
No breaks, cold buses, and very poor management
Fast Pace
OFFICE CARGO AGENT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Everyday working with drivers picking up and dropping freight
Emailing faxing electronic payment for freight handling dangerous goods documents working with customs
Productive fun workplace
LEAD WAREHOUSE/RAMP AGENT (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2019
Very fast paced environment I enjoy the rush of being productive every day I looked forward to going to work it was great just some jealous and egos in the way
Always busy
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2019
The company is a great company to work for but it’s poorly managed. It’s extremely hard to move up within the company. The schedules change last minute and it’s hard to get days off. You’ll be working a full time schedule with part time benefits.
Doesnt pay enough
Flight Control Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2019
You do not get a parking spot you have to write a bus to work. You have to wear heels if you are girl and you are not allowed to sit down. The pay is good but they take alot of it to pay for your benefits that you must be enrolled in. You did not get alot of hours either only about 4 unless you got promoted. I got promoted without them asking me and the airline was paying 22 an hour to Swissport for me and they were paying me the same as everyone else.
Cons
couldnt sit down

Want to know more about Swissport International Ltd.?

Ask a question
Day of work
PAX SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 3, 2019
It was fun, we used to work with american airliens contract. Had to check in pax into their flight.
Check proper documents to make sure they were valid.
Stay far Away from this place
Customer Service Investigator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 3, 2019
Stay away from this place. You will regret it. This place is NOT a Job . Bad place in so many ways. Disrespectful on so many levels, underpaid, favoritism, low grade managers/supervisors--all round worst place. DO NOT WORK HERE UNLESS YOU REALLY NEED MONEY.
Pros
It was a job
i dont have an opinion
Import &Export Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2019
im being forced to write 150 characters and honestly i do not want to. i do not see a skip button, I will give u the 150 words but they will not be helpful
workplace
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando FLJanuary 2, 2019
Lack of equipment, lack of personal, poor management. Make us work more that we suppose to, cause of short staff. No organization. Sometimes we don't have a chances to take a lunch and the company don't pay for.
Fast pace
Ticket Agent (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 1, 2019
You deal with passengers constantly and it is very timely. You cannot be late. You can work part time of full time. The hours varies depending on the ariline
I worked as a safety coordinator is a easy job but management is trash
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 31, 2018
First of all they don't care about you, you have to stay on top of your time if not they will definitely short you out. As my first job in the airport it was a bad first experience wouldn't recomend this company to no body at LaGuardia Air port swissport Fuelling.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
HR is a robot i swear
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2018
The management was horrible when it came down to requesting a transfer, working with school schedule, and leaving on time. The hardest part of the job was choosing a schedule I'm comfortable I enjoy working.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun and productive work place but the management needs a lot of work
Ramp Lead/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VADecember 29, 2018
They need people who know how to manage their teams.They also need to work with their employees and not against them..This means not hiring people just for body’s, but people who want to work...
lunch room has plenty of vending machines
Cargo And Freight Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 26, 2018
management suck, a typical day here is okay depending on what shift your working and what days you have to work. easy job but employees and management are not easy to deal with.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Bad experience
Ramp Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2018
MANAGEMENT BAD EQUIPMENT MAKES DONT VALUE GOOD EMPLOYERS loved the company but it let bad managers sink the company down in lax ... and needs more supervision of higher positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.