Swissport International Ltd.

United States1,937 reviews
Found 1,937 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Swissport International Ltd. selected this as a representative review
It is good workplace to get experience. Everyday it is news lessons to crowd. To met people . To get experience in provide solutions timely information customer Service Standards
Very bad management. Easily to get separated. They do not care about there employees. Very bad payment. Cutting hours, and your check may come with missing hours not one time but very often.
If you are late because whatever reason you may get a writeup, if you get it Twice then Bye bye.

They have very highly number of hiring and separating monthly.

I don’t understand how the government skipped this.
This place is bonkers, The managers don't care about you at all, the most important thing to them is getting the flights out on time, sometimes the flight comes late due to weather yet we're still expected to get the flight out on time regardless, the warehouse is the most disorganized cluster I have ever experienced in my life, most people are just talking the day away when they should be working. the work conditions are horrible, the warehouse is a million degrees and it honestly doesn't matter if you drink a gallon of water or not anyway because all you do is sweat it back out anyway. The leads don't care at all most of the time they stand around and watch you work. The pay sucks you will never make more then 12 and hour and that is as a lead. Most of the office people sit on their rear ends and not think they are better than the Warehouse Agents. If you get forklift certified you probably won't ever drive a forklift, They train you be a ramp agent yet you will never work on the ramp, If you don't have a customs seal and you get caught on the ramp you will fined, arrested, or trespassed from Airport property, The whole job sucks unloading and loading ULD or shipping containers. Favoritism and prejudice is a part of the job here. I could feel the animosity when I strolled my white self into a predominantly black business. Looking back I felt that the recruiters fudged the details of the job I felt like hmmm something seems to good to be true but I was desperate for a job. Also my first week another employee misunderstood what I said and made a big stink, it went to HR and - more...
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Work Environment, Hours, Lack of Advancement, Lack of Opportunity
I was employed by Swissport for a little over a year. There were a few supervisors and upper management that lead me to the choice to resign my position.
Pros
Meeting new people, Flight Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, Poor management
My review is thank you God through Christ for this job. You want stability in work and ready for fast past,join this company and meet good people. There is tons of work,have your mindset to complete the task to get the planes and trucks out on time.
Pros
Employee of the month and yes free lunches for employees sometimes raises, Swissport looks out for their employees
Cons
Breaks could be extended to 15 mins during this summer heat
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Its very good place to work and diverse and rich in culture.
Very encouraging and time to time train you for any new changes, plus they give updates every time and day during briefings before you you start your shift at work. You meet all sorts of people from the world and make friends time to time.
Pros
They mean what they preach
Cons
They pay less in comparison to work you do.
Work was ok but very Overwhelming you learned different things and that's a good thing but I really didn't feel a sense of well being there. Management wasn't all that great
Cons
Hot, overwhelming poor management
It’s worst company. No appreciation for hard work. Supervisor and account manager they are just liar. Do not trust any one. Very bad timing. No understanding.
Pros
Cons
Very very poor managing
This company only cares about what benefits them. In the end you are just a body thats doing extra work for them. The only people that get rewarded are the people that kiss up to the people in management. The only way to get promoted is to suck up. They are always on watch from the lady in the window that watches you from upstairs to getting watched while on your break. You will feel watched with every move you make and you also will be overworked. You will be expected to do triple work for the little pay you get. Alot of people have run into issues with hr.
The entire company needs a make over from every level. They pick and chose where they want to keep and put people.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Being watched with every move you make, low pay for the the amount of work they ask you to do, having scheduled breaks, not being able to trust basically anyone in management there
The Supervisors have a very poor communication skills. Not everybody are being treated fairly maybe because of ethnic background.
Care and safety of employees with regards to bringing up the heavy and size of the blanket to the aircraft. We have suggested that lift truck be used but it seems the management not taking action. Vacuum cleaners are too old and out of model. Sometimes difficult to operate. Assignment of cleaner agent also need to be fair (ethnic background and seniority).
Pros
Free uniforms.
Cons
short breaks, break room not enough lockers and sundry supplies.
I worked here as my first job. The only good side was to work in an airport where I always wanted to work someday and learn interesting stuffs about airlines and airport systems. Otherwise, it was not a good place to work.
Pros
Learning interesting stuffs.
Cons
Low pay, work life balance
I love working for Swissport International Miami area, it was amazing experience , I have great supervisors and they were there all the time I need their guidance,
As soon they open again I will be there if they let me.

Since my first day interview I said my self- I could work here - , the process was easy and friendly people in HR.
Pros
every day is great experience
Cons
not get the 40 hours a week
Is ya company to grow and learning a lot of other culture and to learn the quality of pasenger services all the time training and learn more of all rules and regulation
Like a revolving door in this place, hired and fired my whole class before we hit our 90 days.

Literally I was suspended on like day 88 with doctors notes and right as covid19 was getting bigger.
I don’t recommend work for this company in special in Miami international airport. Nothing work the equipment the management the coworkers please don’t apply to work here
They treat you bad. They give you broken equipment. Most employees are Under the influence of something while driving trucks with fuel in the airport.
Pros
Cons
They work you like slaves
Don't settle in. This job will get you by till you find a better one. The job description and tasks at hand are super easy. They pay is no where near competitive or enough. If you enjoy being outside, and love aircraft or Aviation it would be a great stepping stone.
Pros
Around aircraft, something new every day, good work pace
Cons
Exposure to jet fuel. Poor management. Low wages
Active and happy environment makes you come up with smart and quick decisions and become very productive and creative, helps you build great communication skills with the huge variety of people that you deal with at this job in a daily basis!
I was happy at work, but come to find out,there was no job security. But I loved the environment at the workplace. The pandemic just got me layed off,so I guess it’s time to move on and further my career.
i am happy to work here, it is a great company, i have learned a lot, the push me up to be always my best, they trust in their employees, i recommend swissport to work. They have a good culture and environment.
Great job great co workers ... young management ... not much room for advancement due to it being so small and already having enough management. Team work environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Swissport International Ltd..