Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Found 1,354 reviews matching the search See all 2,558 reviews
Don't do it to yourself
Gate Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2018
This job was awful. I figured that working for the airport, you could do very well, and there would be lots of benefits and opportunity. This job was so stressful, I honestly had to take a leave of absence from my other job AFTER I quit because I was so anxious near other people. Minimum wage, no benefits, and the hours were horrendous. DO NOT DO IT, you WILL regret it.
Swissport Job
Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 15, 2018
It is perks depend on which flights that you do you may have an hour to maybe 45 minutes on lunch break,
Some people want you to work fast within the three hours you have for the flight.
Pros
Some flights maybe 45 minutes to an hour lunch break
Cons
Union some what helps depends on everything cuz we have to pay union dues every once in a month, some benefits
Great place, great people to bad management ruined it
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90045November 14, 2018
great place lots of downtime met tons of people friendly worked there 9+ years just to get laid off as if i was nothing including everyone else. management ruined it just to go to DNATA
Pros
pay, downtime, people
Cons
management
Lack of professionalism
Airline Check-in Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2018
I worked for Volaris airlines at the Las Vegas Airport and the only thing I can say is that it was very terrifying, management has no respect for anyone not even themselves, they snap their fingers at you they humiliate you in front of the customers they don’t work as a team everybody looks out for themselves and overall favoritism and Every time you go up and beyond the call of duty they will not appreciate you for that, you’re wasting your time.
Pros
Cons
Salary, Hours, Respect, Advancement
Swissport
Passenger Service Agent / Ramp Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 12, 2018
Swissport gave me my first job at the airport which I am thankful for but the shifts were all over the place, I had to make up hours here and there and they provided no flight benefits at the time.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
unorganized
Decent workplace
Warehouse Cargo Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 12, 2018
it was always busy from time to time but overall we got through it as a team. They taught me how to operate a forklift which was my first time. Management wasn't so great from times. Hardest part was doing the job by yourself. The laughs was the enjoyable part.
High energy
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando International Airport, FLNovember 11, 2018
Checking passengers in and guiding to and from the planes.
Attention to detail
great management
diverse culture
You need to be able to handle the high volume of checking in the passengers
Flexibility
Pros
work hours
Cons
Not sure
Co workers are cool and fun.
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TXNovember 9, 2018
do not come here its a terrible place to work they do not care about you, the managers don't care about there people. When it comes to doing schedules they don't care if you have school are not they would still put you on full-time. Plus they give you no raises even if you been here for 2 years there not letting anyone do any overtime, they can't control it this station will go under.
Queens new york
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  LaGuardia Airport, NYNovember 9, 2018
I have learned that they dont care about u , they all about themselves , they dont like paying the correct rate very poor company . Supervisors will suspend u for nothing at all for 2 weeks with no pay . This company is the worst
Pros
Nothing good
Cons
Poor manangement unprofessional supervisor everything is bad
Unprofessional to the fullest!!!
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, TXNovember 8, 2018
I was hired on with this company part-time to work on behalf of Qatar Airlines. From the beginning I got a not so good feeling about working there because the training was all over the place and totally unorganized!! I say that because it was inconsistent and unplanned for the most part! Our trainer didn't fully know what she was talking about so my question was why would one place her as a trainer if she can't teach the class about the job that we are getting ready to work?!?
The supervisor was okay. A bit rude at times but other than that he was okay. He lacked empathy and didn't really seem to care much about the employees ! The atmosphere was a bit unfriendly/unwelcoming and a lot of the workers there were rude as well; which did not give me a good feeling about coming aboard! Since I was working in the international terminal at DFW... A lot of the employees there were from different backgrounds but most of them were Middle Eastern and I got a low key "I don't care for your kind" vibe from a lot of them 😕 I DEFINITELY got that vibe from one of the female supervisors @ Qatar! She walked into our training class while we were being taught and she didn't acknowledge any of the trainees presence. Just walked in said what she had to say when walked out didn't even bother introducing herself! SMH!
The OJT fast-paced hectic and a bit overwhelming in addition to stressful!
Pros
Weekly pay & Flight benefits(with Southwest after 6 months)
Cons
Standing IN HEELS the whole shift, Rude Supervisors/Managers, Low pay
Swissport working day
JFK Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 7, 2018
Swissport helped me out to build my skills and career. Since I started as a passenger service agent I knew this was the job for me. Moving my way up, I was able to go to different fields, starting from a ticketing agent position to an Account Manager position where I was over seen around 80 employees, schedules, vacation, in other words, employees moral. My actual position as a trainer, has helped me to achieved my goals, to be able to transmit information through my knowledge.
Is productive job and fun
Ramp Lead Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2018
Everyday you learn something new is at Places the you get to work with different people other time and you loading and off loading planes and see different type of aircrafts
Pros
Etc
Cons
Short breaks
Its a job. They gain and lose contracts often.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 5, 2018
You can learn a lot due to the ever changing contracts. Work days can be long, you are on their terms. If irregular operations occur you are required to stay. No real benefits of having seniority. No airline benefits.
All they do is care for their own spanish people
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 4, 2018
They only care for their own Spanish people, this is going to shrink this company one day

They give you the crumbs after giving their own people the best which is very bad....no respect for other race...
Productive & Fast Paced
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 3, 2018
A typical day at work was long yet split evenly among everyone.
I learned how to manage my time more efficiently.
Management was very understandable about the workers needs yet, very strict about companies needs.
The hardest part was working outside.
Fun work evironment .
PAX AGENT (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 1, 2018
This job is a very fulfilling job, flexible schedule and competitive job. The management staff are excellent, they guide and support you. The job in general is a very good one. The only bad thing is that salary.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low salary
Productive.
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working here more than I enjoyed working at a lot of my previous jobs, simply because I love working with my hands & my head. Here I had to do a combination of both with addition to my physical strength, but in the mist of it all I had control and most of all I was doing some thing very important.
Pros
Coworkers.
Cons
Management.
fast paced and tiring/stressful job
Cabin Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 31, 2018
if you like lots of heavy work loads this is for you, some days extremely busy as opposed to others. the less involved with people you are at the job, the better it is for you
Pros
make good friends
Cons
short breaks
Good company
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 31, 2018
Workingvat the airport is a differebt environment. If you are working ramp or passenger service you will recognize it. Working at the airport will give u expierience.
Good Company
Lead Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  South Ozone Park, NYOctober 31, 2018
Most likely I would still be working there, if I did not relocate out of state. Although the job required me to be outside, it was a pleasurable experience.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Winter weather

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about