Swissport International Ltd.

• Fair pay for job

Excellent place to work

Featured review

Swissport International Ltd. selected this as a representative review
It is good workplace to get experience. Everyday it is news lessons to crowd. To met people . To get experience in provide solutions timely information customer Service Standards

Terrible company to work for, all about politics and favoritism. HR is not on the employees side but on managements side.

Pick and choose who to accommodate for working. People with years of seniority get fired for having a second job but people who are a favorite don’t.

The General Manager at the time, I was there was simply Great.

Advancement from Hourly to Salary employee, too a little longer than anticipated. All the support you could want came mostly from the General Manager. Supervisors were somewhat supportive, the Duty Managers, were focused on getting the job , not so much on employee interactions. There were were a few who went above and beyond, for their co-workers.

Pros

Enjoyed the overeall work being done.

Cons

Constant employee turnover.

This Company doesn’t care about teamwork. Management is THE WORST!

The work is super cool. I love working the gate. Coworkers are THE WORST! Supervisors? They are bad and don’t care about employees. Working here is not the best option. They always complaint if you need days off, if you requested they don’t give it to you. Is the worst company to work with! If you want a permanent job THIS IS NOT THE ONE! I can’t wait to leave this place!!!

Pros

Is a nice place

Cons

Management don’t care about employees.

Plenty of room Room to advance

Stressful but fun! Got Covit at work; had it really bad. Unfortunately, I had to leave because of it. Took me a month to recuperate. I was sad to leave.. Had made friends and felt comfortable with my tasks.. Since, then my health is very compromised. Otherwise, I'd still be there. Intense training was excellent!

Pros

Love the perks they offer.

Cons

Angry passenger's are a challenge sometimes.

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Steady work once you get the hang of things

Training takes a bit due to focus on safety but after that it's not too hard once you actually start on job training. You have a set a set schedule and it's union. Only downside is being new you will probably get the worse shifts.

Pros

steady hours, good pay, benefits

Cons

new hires gets the worse shifts

Not a great place to work

Not a great place to work. Very shoddy pay and micromanagement. The hours worked were longer with little to no overtime pay. Wages were not enough to sustain normal lifestyle

Not the best place to work LGA Airport

All is about manegement over here at LGA airport. They have people doing ramp and cleaning with the same minimum pay. They need to improve a lot. Also a lot of lazy people working.

Cons

Great employer for part-time work

I worked as a part-time ground operations agent (check-in, baggage, ticketing, boarding/arrivals etc.) for about a year (2017-2018). The training is paid, the superiors are usually very supportive, I've worked with many great colleagues and the pay is very good (especially for a student with no preivous work experience). You do have a lot of responsibility though and it's a very stressful work environment. The dresscode is super strict and handling customers often difficult, espeicially because you're expected to do it quickly and efficiently. I'd definitely recommend it to students who need the money but it's not something I'd do permanently. Managing shifts can be difficult if you have to coordinate with classes but generally flexible and you can easily exchange shifts with willing colleagues.

Pros

Good pay, friendly colleagues and superiors, discounts at airport shops

Cons

Stressful, heavy responsibility

Not a fun place to work. Too much favoritism goes on with this company.

Not a fun place to work. They don’t work with your Schedule. Supervisor play’s favoritism so does the higher authorities. I do not recommend anyone to work at this place.

Cons

Ruuunn the worst company ever

This is the absolute worst company you could ever work for , they don’t care about employees or their well being, this would have to be the worse company you could possibly work for.

Pros

Absolutely no pro just come and get your check and leave

Cons

Everything especially MANAGEMENT

Average

Easy job, but the mandatory overtime was insane. I shouldn't be working 2 entire shifts in one day. Getting paid every week was good but it wasn't worth having to do overtime every other day because someone called off.

Pros

Easy work, pay

Cons

Mandatory overtime

The company is great

Swissport is a great company to work for, but the Management on site is horrible, the DM are clueless the HR system operates on hear say, and if you represent yourself you are victimized.The job in itself is awesome, you interact with People from all walks of life and it's like a cultural medley.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Dont stay there longer than necessary

Great ambient to work. Support from manager.

Learn a lot from company, security and costumer service. Love the opportunity to work them. The team I work with always help me during the training and found nice environment.

Poor management and work culture

Management does not care about well-being of employees. High turn-over rate within the department. I also noticed that managers show favoritism and have hired/promoted friends with no experience for higher level roles within the company.

Pros

Travel

Cons

work life balance, poor leadership, pay, hostile work environment, unrealistic expectations

I felt there was a reluctance in the management department.

I didn’t know one of my coworkers had blocked me from parking lot until the TSA informed me that they found the issue why my ID card won’t be accepted for entry in to the airport parking lot, so if I would go to my manager and get a yellow page in my file, I would be placed back to the parking lot privileges since I was an employee. If I won’t until January 1st, I would have to reapply for my job and it won’t be a guarantee that I would be accepted again by the TSA. So when I tried to get the page and the management told me no, I quit my job. There’s a complete complacency and lack of support besides the unethical preferences of the employees by the management department ( others would be called in the morning to work until the next shift and they get tired and they would hide to beat the time until the end of the shift)!

Pros

There’s nothing wrong at the workplace that we were a strong team Swissport!

Cons

I didn’t know anything about the workplace benefit after 100+ days on the job!

A decent work environment but high stress

Peers and boss were fine, but the working circumstances can be stressful at times. Parking was also mildy stressful considering you have to shuttle to your work station.

Fun abd good salary

It was a good work. Well paid. We have a lot of airplanes to clean but the time pass very Quick because you are always in a rush but you get custom to the work very fast and easyJet be calm

Pros

Salary

Cons

Too hard

I worked here for 2mos, it was bad everyone wants to be a boss but only 2 out of 6 bosses are able and willing to train you properly. They schedule you according to whatever they want an by how much they do or don’t like a person. Very unfair place of employment an I would never recommend Swissport nor United airlines to anyone for employment.

always angry and sad when wearing uniform

my job is nice one but the management they try to make it difficult. regarding what i have learn i learn to be the hardest person, angry, not thinking of other people reason we call in sick, we don't care if my colleagues they will suffer the next day! reason management thy dnt give us off days we work 5 days per week, and 1 day off come again 5 days per week with 1 weekend off every month. The hardest part is when we work double shift bt we dnt paid over time.as per our managers.

Pros

we use to get them but not anymore

Cons

long hours eg 12 hours per shift

Hard work

If you want to work at the airport, go apply somewhere else that has a union. Swissport is okay for temporary employment in a hurry when everything else falls through. But it's hard work, poor treatment and completely unsustainable for long term work.

Pros

You have to wear high heels.

Cons

Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Swissport International Ltd..
Powered byComparably

Compare Swissport International Ltd. with

• Swissport International Ltd.