Swissport International Ltd.

Fueler113 reviews
United States113 reviews
Featured review
Swissport International Ltd. selected this as a representative review
It is good workplace to get experience. Everyday it is news lessons to crowd. To met people . To get experience in provide solutions timely information customer Service Standards
The job is perfect for people going to school has some good amount of time where you can study or read one of the most enjoyable parts of the job.

The management needs to be reworked the onduty manager is not a leader or the support the team needs
Pros
The job itself is awesome if you enjoy planes and fast paced environment
Cons
Management sucks
I don’t recommend work for this company in special in Miami international airport. Nothing work the equipment the management the coworkers please don’t apply to work here
They treat you bad. They give you broken equipment. Most employees are Under the influence of something while driving trucks with fuel in the airport.
Pros
Cons
They work you like slaves
Don't settle in. This job will get you by till you find a better one. The job description and tasks at hand are super easy. They pay is no where near competitive or enough. If you enjoy being outside, and love aircraft or Aviation it would be a great stepping stone.
Pros
Around aircraft, something new every day, good work pace
Cons
Exposure to jet fuel. Poor management. Low wages
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I was happy at work, but come to find out,there was no job security. But I loved the environment at the workplace. The pandemic just got me layed off,so I guess it’s time to move on and further my career.
Great job great co workers ... young management ... not much room for advancement due to it being so small and already having enough management. Team work environment
If you can push yourself to work fast this job only gets easier as the days progress as well as being diverse that sounds like an obvious thing but with most jobs you'll find yourself bored and lacking change from a pattern of the same routine day in and day out not with fueling though not with my time spent at swissport the management of at swiss was always supportive of there employees and willing to help you not just with the job but also with life in general let alone the feeling of comrade from your coworkers.
If you want to feel unappreciated. And expect to correct managements mess ups. Btw if you mess up just once you’ll never ever hear the end of it management will always distrust you. Sad place to work. It could be better if they get rid of the toxic people there. Especially the on duty manager. Guarantee he will make you leave within a year. Seen over 20 people quit while I was there. Truth
By far the most laborious job ive done. No support or team work involved. Hours are long and intense. Management doesnt care about you or how your doing. The attitude here was everyman for themselves. Its a union job, the little they pay you gets siffoned away to union dues. The worst and coldest job ive worked by far.
Management only care about themselves and making sure their wallets get full before yours. No appreciation for your hard work even when called in to come work on your off days. Will give OT only to their favorite employees, lots of favoritism. 1 out of 4 Supervisors actually help and has your back. Bad place to work, no advancement opportunities nor raises or bonuses. Forget about paid time off for sick or personal days.
This company is run backwards. People who do a good job are not rewarded. People who do a terrible job are. People rarely work as a team together. Management, supervisors and leads are either bigots or prejudice. I pay Union dues for nothing. This company needs to be audited also. I can say more....
You could make alot of money working here but beware of management!! They'll throw you under the bus for anything especially dispatchers. If you haven't worked there for 5+ years you won't get any slack and they just treat new hires like robots. There is alot of overtime due to so many open lines because of people quitting and others getting fired so be ready for long days of work every other day
Pros
Weekly pay with Overtime
Cons
Great place to get into an airport job I love the job itself, cool working around airplanes. Doesn't pay all that great and there's no incentives or raises unless you move up into a lead or supervisor roll.There are other opportunities as well but not always easy to get into. Have to deal with the elements especially in the summer heat, but they provide cooling towels, waterjugs. Decent place to work.
Swissport taught me to fuel fuel planes among other controls. Very friendly and helpful work environment including management. Enjoyed seeing different type of aircrafts and getting the opportunity to fuel them.
Swissport doesn’t care about their employees and management is bad. Swissport has out dated equipment and is not OSHA qualified doesn’t train properly and there’s no growth
To stay away. Its not worth working for them. Definitely not a good company to start a career work. The pay is trash for the amount of work and hours they want you to work. There’s no real advancement and management can care less about you. Knock on wood nothing happens in your personal life like a family member or significant other trying to take their life and management gives you an ultimatum of helping them or keeping your job. This happened to me. I wouldn’t continue to waste time with s company who operates that way.
Great opportunity to work and operate on the airport ramp to fuel planes. Meet a lot of people on and off the ramp in different companies and cultures.
This job is not a good paying job at all you start out with 10.00 dollars per hour and the work is very dangerous. You are working around airplanes all day fueling them in extreme weather conditions. You will smell like jet fuel and most of the time use faulty equipment. I don’t recommend this job unless you really need one.
Swissport is a good company to work for. Working at the airport exciting and fast paced yet a great experience. You get to watch airplanes take off and land.
I enjoyed the work thoroughly, it was physically demanding but easy enough once you were used to it. The thing I didn't like was the cliqueiness that leads had with some other fuelers. Favorites were definitely a thing and rules were only applied to those outside the cliques. I could never take my paid vacation time I had accrued either because we were always short staffed. Leads and senior fuelers always got their 2-3 week vacations though.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Swissport International Ltd..
Career recommendations for Fueler
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more