Swissport International Ltd.

Passenger Service Agent297 reviews
United States297 reviews
Featured review
Swissport International Ltd. selected this as a representative review
It is good workplace to get experience. Everyday it is news lessons to crowd. To met people . To get experience in provide solutions timely information customer Service Standards
Its very good place to work and diverse and rich in culture.
Very encouraging and time to time train you for any new changes, plus they give updates every time and day during briefings before you you start your shift at work. You meet all sorts of people from the world and make friends time to time.
Pros
They mean what they preach
Cons
They pay less in comparison to work you do.
It’s worst company. No appreciation for hard work. Supervisor and account manager they are just liar. Do not trust any one. Very bad timing. No understanding.
Pros
Cons
Very very poor managing
Is ya company to grow and learning a lot of other culture and to learn the quality of pasenger services all the time training and learn more of all rules and regulation
Horrible managers at MIA, unprofessional, rude, unprepared, mediocre. Horrible schedule, you will have no life, managers will really make sure your schedule is the worst. They will also make sure that you will not succeed. Thank God I had great coworkers. This is a great company but they need better leaders.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Pros
Meeting New face

Different cultures

Lovely staff

Discount flights

Cons

Limit learning.

Some Rude costumers

Cheap pay

Bad benefits

Bad healthcare
There is favoritism and due to the manager telling her clique the hot gossip everyone always knew your business. The coworkers could barely work with each other and everything is all about revenue with the certain contract I worked for.
Working as a passenger service agent sounds and seems a lot better than the reality, with Swissport. Within the Boston, MA office, the management does not know what they are doing. Almost every person that I trained with had quit after 2-3 weeks, due to the unclear direction of management. To add, almost half of the people in my training class seemed unqualified for the job, and could not understand the tests. Management allows for people to "work together" (a.k.a. cheat) on the tests, and sometimes even gave us the answers. These are the basic tests required to prove that the employee understands all procedures that are very important at an airport. Moving on to the job itself: management was extremely unprofessional as day in and day out they would swear, scream, and lie to passengers. Also my coworkers and I would be humiliated in front of passengers by being called a variety of insults while checking passengers in every day. We were trained to favor certain guests over others, despite procedures for charging guests when checking them in. Also in the office, management would talk badly of other coworkers while they were out of the room. Would never return to such a company, especially when their HR department could barely reach back on the matter. Swissport is an unprofessional company with an extremely quick turnaround for its employees, since they have no care to keep them long-term. Also you do not receive benefits until 6+ months on the job, which you get a "pass" for yourself and no other. Most people I knew never even used the benefits because they were useless.
Swissport is a place if you go to work and do your job you are respected and acknowledged for doing so. If you go above and beyond they will work with you for things outside of work that may interfere.
Pros
Good place to work if you're looking for your first job.

Management is supportive and I get along with most of my colleagues.

Strong sense of teamwork and professionalism.

Cons

You don't work enough hours.

Pay is fine for the hours you work but you could always get paid more.

On the whole I strongly recommend this company.
As passenger service agent at any airport, you will learn how to provide customer service while you work in different airlines. You will be responsible for following airlines policies and Swissport policies in order to keep the company standards. Management is always looking forward to helping in every way they can. The compensation is good, however insufficient for the area that I used to live in.
They did not give full-time hours which I wanted. They gave me a start with airline work at the airport. I learned a lot how to book flights, check boarding passes.
It was very difficult environment to work.Too much security concern and stressful work.It works who knows whom.mean there is no room for fair people unfortunately.
Pros
zero
Cons
too much security concern
Swissport is ok ! Management is better that some ground handling ! But can do better for part time.
Supervisor are helpful and understanding of course depending of account !
I don't care about this company. Never have and never will. The management is awful and don't pay any attention to its employees nor the needs for its employees. Good place to start if you want to kick start your aviation career but most likely you won't be there for long.
This field is really a customer-driven field. I loved to work for Swissport and I had a great time learning and growing in the company. It is a very diverse workplace.
I worked here awhile ago, like 5 yrs ago. It wasn't all bad personally. Eight months in and I'm a supervisor, great you'd think. They play heavy favorites to the detriment of the other employees but they don't care. Being a supervisor I realized just how ruthless other sups can be, and especially how bitter the old heads can be and direct it towards you. I was unfairly demoted. Two people in this company alone , stayed loyal and consistent with me and I will always be grateful for them. If you're desperate though and you absolutely don't see anything else at the moment then that would be the only reason to deal with this company.
The pay is really low for to much responsibility, no benefit and we do hard work! They don’t care for employees. My coworkers were nice and friendly.
They will over work you if you let them. Doesn’t pay sick leave. Try’s to avoid paying your vacation time and does nothing to help you as an employee. Most leave in disgust and they are fine turning over. It’s a huge revolving door. They will sacrifice you at the expense of their airline clients. They will make promises about better pay that never materialize to try and keep you as long as possible
Good experience in Massachusetts
I enjoyed it the only things you can stay for overnight working helping customer to book a flight and there no compensations as worker.

They don't pay you as they suppose to do and so...
pays well but are not respectful about religion, management was a mess no one helped or trains you properly , really fun as a fast paced loved dealing with the customers and the airport , hated the management and the way they handle their employees
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.9
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Swissport International Ltd..
Career recommendations for Passenger Service Agent
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
Popular locations for Passenger Service Agent in US