Switchboard Employee Reviews

Part Time
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIApril 16, 2018
I worked this job while I attended high school. The management was unsympathetic to my school schedule and always scheduled me during school hours. Don’t!
this was a productive place to work
Switch board, Patient Representative/Charge Entry (Former Employee) –  Asheville CardiologyJanuary 31, 2018
my day started with me clocking in, pull up all of the lines, sending calls to schedulers, or triage for medical questions sending refills to the appropriate person for the 33 doctors we had there. clocking out for the evening
Pros
I really loved this job
fun
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJanuary 5, 2018
its ok it is a job. it was always a easy day I was always had available resources that were accessible to me. I loved the hours I worked I just was in a company where there was no career advancement that I was inquiring about
Switchboard is not a place of employment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJanuary 5, 2018
There was not option to skip this survey. The program picked up a job title as an employer. Not sure what else I can say about that but I need 150 characters.
Pros
phone
Cons
ringing
Very busy environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ashland City, TNDecember 5, 2017
Transferring calls to several locations in the Tennessee area and different departments in our office. I learned that not everyone can do this job because it takes a lot of patients. Management was good. My job was very professional and friendly environment. The hardest part of the job was incoming calls all at the same time. The most enjoyable was meeting the patients on a regular bases.
Pros
Working with the Dr.s and the staff.
Cons
I had to eat lunch at my desk but did not mind.
review
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TN 38501October 6, 2017
Career was well suited for situation. Only reason to leave was relocation. In this career field there was education benefits. Also, many opportunities to connect and volunteer in the community.
Overall satisfied with job and the people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 28, 2017
Meeting various people in person and on the phone. These people were regulars and were an important part of my daily work. Managers were very caring and understanding.
Pros
people interaction, benifits, clean
Cons
long periods of sitting
Nice work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 25, 2017
Very pleasant work environment. Greeting clients and directing calls was easy. Easy to learn switchboard. Employees were helpful and easy to get along with.
Stay aware of what to do when emergency calls
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 22, 2017
June 2013 – February 2014
PBX Operator (Switchboard)
Answer phones in a professional manner to direct incoming calls to the correct departments or patients rooms
Call emergency calls and page professionals to the emergency location
Call funeral homes and arrange pick up for deceased patients
Update records in computer and schedules to insure there is accurate information
Enjoyable and productive work for the future.
Switchboard Operator Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCJune 7, 2017
Worked the Switchboard daily. Answered incoming and house calls. Directed people to the proper departments.Learned to deal with all types of people. There was diversity in the workplace. Enjoyed helping people when I could.
Pros
Helping people .
Cons
Some office staff I worked with.
I liked the phone work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Paul, MNMay 17, 2017
Once I got used to the companies phone system it went quite well. When someone went to lunch,etc someone needed to be there to take over the phone due to having calls in the queue.
Fun place to work
Receptionist, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIApril 28, 2017
Scheduling appointments, phone consultations, checking customers out with their pets, very rewarding with their owners, the hardest part was to see animals come in later after being sick for several days, I enjoyed working their because all the veterinarians, office manager had such compassion for the animals and customers.
Pros
Professional, clean, uplifting place to work
Cons
Not any Cons
Most enjoyable part of the job
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYMarch 30, 2017
I enjoy the rewarding experience I have encountered working at Premier Genesee Nursing Home, the feedback from other co-workers and patients makes my job quite pleasurable,
Productive and fun place to work
Communications Lead (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 13, 2017
It is a great company to work for. They promote from within a lot so it gives you the opportunity to move around and learn new job set skills. They are an equal opportunity employer.
Fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2016
I had a great time working with this company.

I answered phones, separated mail, delivered mail, made copies, made coffee and greeted guests.
Pros
fun environment
Sonic Review
Team Member (Former Employee) –  White Lake, MIMarch 6, 2016
Sonic was a decent job to work at, working the cash register, making drinks for guests working as a barista, and daily cleaning duties. The employees were nice as well.
The group was a great place to work. Sorry to leave.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 31, 2015
Insurance is a big business. When I began there, it occupied 4 floors. Twenty-three + years later, working in an office wth 9 floors, branch offices in LA, NE, and CO, and almost 400 people was a challenge, but an exciting one. It was important to know who everyone was, including their department, their job title with a basic idea of their responsibilities, and their floor/branch. From the peons in the Records Library, to the President, every person felt important in this company.

Like most employees there, I began in the Records Library. After a short time,, I began substituting for breaks on the PBX. From records, I went to manual coding of Uni-Pak policies. For a time, I worked with Life marketing. Trying to remember today what I did in all those departments would be a challenge.

Through my years there, I saw many new faces and several phone systems as we grew. For a time there were two full-time operators. As technology advanced and direct-inward-dialing was introduced at the office, I became the full-time PBX operator in 1985. The phones were very busy from opening until closing. But still, there was always one hand free to do multi-tasking. Whether it was collating booklets (for printing), stapling status updates (for Life), or even pairing the yearly tax records for mailing (for Admin), there was an endless number of tasks (for any/all departments) that could be accomplished at the switchboard. My annual favorite was addressing the company Christmas cards. It was a privilege.

Though I had several supervisors in my years there, I liked them
  more... all. It was a great place to work and I was sorry to be leaving. I was disappointed they didn't have an office in FL. But, at the same time, I looked forward to the new chapter in life.  less
Pros
they kept up with technology in phone service !!!
Cons
system accommodated 1000 phone extensions for growth ...LOL
great place to work
Per Diem Operator/ Switchboard/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mason, VAOctober 1, 2015
Working at Virginia Mason was a great experience. I loved talking with and assisting patients with questions and concerns. The management was always very supportive.
Pros
great place
Cons
Enjoyed working at the switchboard
District Level Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Checked messages, answered multiphone lines, assisted customers coming into the district office, placed faxes in dept mail boxes. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and talking to people. My co workers were outstanding and loved working with each of them. I learned how to work a switchboard very quickly!
Cons
Only part time position
Fun work place/ Family
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Hoffman EstatesJuly 29, 2015
I was an awesome place to work at. Just wish the pay was there.
Everyone was willing to help out each other.
Even Management