Switchfly Employee Reviews

Interesting Place (full of drama)
Account Management Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 5, 2018
Switchfly seems like a very chill, laid back environment. As soon as you pull up the rug, you'll notice all the issues. There is a lack of acknowledgment/reward to hard work and a lack of punishment/accountability when work is not done. There is a lack of communication from top down, lack of ability to stay on the same track coming from all execs, lack of awareness of the troubles that persist among all teams and between teams.

However, the people are what makes this place great. There are a handful of great employees who work hard, want the company to succeed, and have a positive attitude. Just make sure that you surround yourself with those people and learn as much as you can while you're at Switchfly.
Pros
People, Creative, Self Learn
Cons
Lack of Appropriate Management
Awful company. Do not waste your time.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 20, 2017
Switchfly is stuck in the past, with no vision or roadmap to the future. The executive leadership is unrealistic about current customers and market expectations. Avoid this toxic company at all costs.
Pros
You get a salary
Cons
You get frustrated and leave... don't waste your time.
Company culture is toxic
Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2017
The product is great, the culture is not. People are in it for themselves and no one is willing to be held accountable. Leadership turns a blind eye to bullying and poor management in the workplace; they are solely concerned about bottom line earnings.
Good meaningful work, good people to work with
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 5, 2016
This was my first job out of college. From working at this company, I really grew as a Software Engineer. I gained confidence in my skills and I gained a lot of mentors who were willing to help me out when I came across difficulty, who gave me good feedback and ways to help me grow, and many opportunities to challenge myself and take on new responsibilities. I'm really thankful for this company.
Pros
People are very outgoing and willing to help, can easily form strong relationships, lots of opportunities to learn new tech stack
Cons
No match on 401k, lots of client-specific work, deadlines that can be hard to make; dealing with old technology, difficult to know what's going on in other departments
Solid Company
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Good work life balance, they allow people to work remotely, there is unlimited time off, and the company is growing.

There is a clear divide and a lot of mystery from management, but the executives do their best to be transparent.
Pros
ski trip, good work life balance, good engineering team and management
Cons
the long company meetings...
Typical day of work
DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC ACCOUNTS - GLOBAL (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2013
Focus of the position is teh ensure client throughput of enhancement request of the Switchfly software platform. Position consist of being a project manager and following the SDLC engineering waterfall development process.
Pros
The ability to provide clients with custom development solutions to meet their revenue target goals.
Cons
There were minimal internal recourses from engineering to product management, to fulfill growing client development demand.
very diverse, productive and most laid back work enviorment
Hotel Data Unifier (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2012
set work hours based on your schedule and when you can come in, and dress code was not at all strict. everyone dressed casual and only management dressed business casual. learned how to use a lot of programs(jaws, tripadvisor, google maps, excel spreadsheets) and entering in logititude and latitude from google maps onto excel spreadsheets. enjoyed working with the people there and loved the company events, especially the christmas party last year.
Pros
flexible schedule, good pay, and not strict
Cons
temp/contract position