Swoon Group Employee Reviews

Skills not matched to role
Consultant/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 3, 2018
The contract was more of an admin assistant than a project manager or BA. Total mismatch, boring, and a waste of a skill set. The client claimed to be agile, which is why I went. They were only agile for deadlines, not anything else. The client was also constantly cancelling contracts, and I brought this to managment's attention, too. All I got in response was a dismissive shrug.
Pros
Friendly people. Decent benefits, but nothing special.
Cons
Doesn't match skills to roles well. Doesn't listen to contractors.
Staffing Agency, almost no interaction with them.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 14, 2017
CONS - NO PAID VACATION
Subbed to another company. I had almost no contact with Swoon.
The Insurance leaves a lot to be desired. Worked in a lab and only left for breaks.
Fun place to work - supports and encourages autonomy
Senior SharePoint Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2017
I loved the autonomy and lack of micro-management. I felt the company trusted and appreciated my skills, which resulted in high levels of job satisfaction. Swoon is, to me, a staffing company more than a consulting company. As such, job security and opportunities for advancement are non-existent. If their contract ends, you are likely out of a job unless you help them acquire another contact that requires your skillset.
Pros
Autonomy and no micro-management
Cons
Job security and advancement opportunities
Wonderful Company to work with!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2017
Great Management
Employee Centered Environment
Competitive Wages
Agile Environment
Growing Company
Great work environment and amenities (snacks, company happy hours and events)
This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in during my tenure within the staffing industry.
Pros
Great work environment and amenities
Cons
None to speak of.
Great, caring people
Technical Writer, Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2017
The best consulting firm with which to work. As a result of my experience, I have learned things that I did not know before: investments; banking; economics; and statistical modeling. For job satisfaction, I think it is very important to have the opportunity to learn new things, and opportunities with Swoon offer that.
Pros
Wonderful, hard-working caring people
Cons
Too much time between contracts
I'm Swooning!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL (US)October 7, 2015
Swoon is a fantastic company. They are unique in that they truly CARE about each employee and contractor they work with. In my 10 years of being a working professional, I've never experienced this until I came to Swoon. Yes, we all work hard, and yes we are expected to put in our best effort and perform. No micromanagement, very collaborative environment and your growth as a person and professional is fully supported.
Pros
Free beer, wine, and coffee in the office, every recruiting resource at your fingertips, excellent benefits, amazing culture, supportive colleagues & management
Cons
Working in staffing and recruiting can be demanding and stressful
I'm Swooning!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL (US)September 22, 2015
Pros
Cons
Working in staffing and recruiting can be demanding and stressful
Best place I've ever worked, and it isn't even close
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2015
I am very appreciative of the opportunity to work for such a great company filled with so much opportunity. Swoon is growing rapidly which is great because that gives me the opportunity to grow with it and career doors to open for me. The company culture is awesome because it seems like just about everyone works hard and gets along with each other. We have a lot of fun on our company outings such as happy hours and concerts. I also have plenty of time off and am paid well with a good commission structure. The CEO and the president of the company are exceptional leaders and very caring people. I could go on and on because this truly is the best place I've ever worked.

Because Swoon is growing rapidly there are always growing pains, but that's just part of the process. This probably wouldn't be a good place for someone to work who isn't willing to adapt to the changing policies and procedures associated with growth. I just hope that Swoon maintains the exceptional company culture that separates us from the rest.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, competitive salary, great company culture, location
Cons
Na
Fantastic company to work for!
Internal Employee (Current Employee) –  ChicagoSeptember 14, 2015
Swoon is a fantastic company to work for- both as an internal employee and as a contractor. They are the recipient of many awards including "The Best Staffing Firm to Work For" for 2014 and 2015 by Staffing Industry Analysts as well as the "Best Places to Work" by the Chicago Business Journal. They really care about their employees and the clients they work with. They continue to go the extra mile and do whatever it takes to create and maintain a successful long term partnership. The leadership team at Swoon is fantastic- the Team Leads are very successful Sales Managers and Recruiters and also provide excellent guidance on a day to day basis.

I highly recommend working with Swoon on a contract and perm basis!
Pros
Fantastic company to work for!
Cons
A great place to work and grow
IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2015
This company truly values the happiness of its employees. This is definitely not your typical staffing firm. There is a great opportunity here to work hard, make money and to have fun as well. This is the type of place where we do not do things that don't make sense. We do what it takes to get the job done right, but we skip the unnecessary paper work. I have been here nearly two years, and I hope to be here at least two more. Through and through a great company.
Pros
Freedom, no micromanagement, employee outings
Cons
If you are not self-motivated then don't work here
Cool Company!
IT Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
A typical day at Swoon was a morning briefing where everyone has set accounts that they go over and they are going to work on for the day. After that meeting you hit the phones and start recruiting until your work is done. No one micromanages you so its nice to have grasp of your own work.

I am learning many organizational methods and procedures from other recruiters ( other than that, self taught).

Management is questionable, since this is a newer company they are still trying to figure out how to work this firm (lack of structure). Managers and overall leads are very laid back and awesome people to work for.

There is no direction. You are given requirements that are recycled from companies that could not recruit people for these roles. These are all vendor managed accounts that could have many recruiters working on one role.

The most enjoyable part of this job, are the people. We are constantly doing happy hours, fun events and have even gone to various concerts. Overall I really do love this company!
Pros
Fun atmosphere, great pay, and good benefits
Cons
Lack of management, managers pick favorites, no training, no chance in moving up or career advancement
Hard working, family-like atmosphere
Lead Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at Swoon started with an all staff meeting to create our team goals for the day, every day. Our management was constantly encouraging and supporting our growth as a team, and individuals within our unique skill sets. My colleagues at Swoon became more like family to me and I enjoyed being at work. The most difficult times at Swoon were definitely time-management and prioritizing tasks on the fly. At any given moment, one of our many clients would need important information or reach out for our recruiting help and it was up to us to prioritize our time and energy to yield maximum results and client satisfaction. I enjoyed my time at Swoon very much as I work best in a fast-paced environment.
Swoon holds the contract between me and Northern Trust
Contractor for Northern Trust Bank (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2014
Swoon is the contracting company. I perform my day to day work at Northern Trust Bank as a Consultant/Communication Specialst on the Transmission Setup Team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swoon Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4