Swope Health Services Employee Reviews

Interesting
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 23, 2018
A good starting place to work. The salary is good for someone right out of college. A typical day is very unpredictable. You don't have control over your schedule.
A job that was Helpful to the Community
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Swope was a very educational career choice for me. It taught me a lot about the community I lived in and the people we served in KCMO. Swope had plenty of programs to help children and adults with their mental health needs.
Unfair to employees
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 14, 2018
Unfair, rules only apply to certain people. To many chiefs in all departments. Communication is horrible, pay is low and insurance benefits expensive.
Summary
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 6, 2018
Great way to get your foot in the medical environment. Your dealing with a variety of patients from BH, OGBYN, Adult Medicine, Pediatric, Optical, etc.
Population served was the best part
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 24, 2018
Population served was the best part of the job, I ran the spmi clinic and with dr true seeing that each patient got the medication every month. I also worked some with medicaide plans and monitoring pts medications.
Pros
Learn alot
Cons
No real way to grow
Swope
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 18, 2018
Very good place to work. I really enjoy working at swope they are wonderful to work for and with. It is the best place I have ever been employed at I would recommend them to anyone.
Not what you know; but who you know
Staff Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 11, 2018
The culture for the patients is accommodating; I feel the HR department is very condescending and rude. Advancement opportunities are not utilized according to education requirements.
Pros
imaging staff
Cons
personnel discounted services;
Lack of communication
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 16, 2018
The job itself was amazing. I truly love what I did. The clients changed my life.
I really enjoyed my co-workers too.
However, there was no structure, very little communication, management preferred everything to be emailed rather than face to face conversations, lots of politics and one sided views, lots of drama and back stabbing within management.
There were no protocols in place.... management would make them up as they went.
It was a very poorly ran program. It had the potential to be amazing but there were too many cooks in the kitchen.
Not For Me
Day Treatment Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 30, 2018
This was not a good environment for me, the hours were too long and the work too difficult. They just kept expecting more of me than I had to give, but it was a good growth experience.
supportive and passionate employees
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2018
Management is very supportive and answers all questions I come up with. The employees are very passionate about what they do. The environment is welcoming and nonjudgemental.
Lile it
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2018
It's fun. I enjoy doing what I do. They appreciate your hard work. Easy to get along with other team members. Love each and every patient that I see on the daily.
Enjoyable
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 22, 2017
This is one of the very best companies to work for, very homey environment and I love dealing with the different patients and learning each and everyday not to take a job for granted.
Great pay Great potential
Behavioral Health QMHP - Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2017
Swope offers great benefits and pay. There is opportunity for advancement if you are a hard worker. There are also issues with management, HR/consistency and professionalism, and unethical practices that have a negative impact on what could be a great place to work.
Love Swope Health
Registered Nurse and MSN Student (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2017
Very rewarding and fulfilling place to work. It is a Federally Qualified Health Center and offers patients a lot of great services. I recommend SHS as an employer and a health care facility.
Learning and very productive.
Medical Assistant/PSR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2017
Getting clinic ready for patients and provider. Check all daily logs and supplies, check all fax, and referrals. Open clinic for the day to allow patient flow to start for provider.
Pros
Swope is a constant learning and teaching comapny.
Cons
Part time employes are not given any benefits after working and be dedicated to company for years.
nice place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2017
Great place if you want to have diversity in your life. management does feel that they are above you and try to belittle you. doctors are good to get along with. all the good ones are gone.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not good with taking sick time
Patient Service Representative/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2017
It is super busy all the time. It is understaffed. The managers do not care about you and have no compassion, very unfair. The patients are rude and lack patience.
Productive workplace
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2017
Swope is a high paced work environment. Employees must have time-management and organizational skills. Employee must be a team player but also be able to work alone
Decent place. Consumers need much help
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2017
A good place to learn from many aspects of the health care field. Has a plethora of clinics that one can work in, from Behavioral Health, adult med, to pediatrics.
Pros
Great learning environemnt
Cons
To many chiefs...
Swope Health Services was a very hostile enviroment to work on
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2017
verbally and emotional abused by coworkers and management. When asked during meeting what concerns there were the response from management was that if employees did not like whatever the concern was that the director, her self, would state that there are a stack of applications on her desk and they were glad to show you the door.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
verbal abuse by managers and directors