Sycamore Shoals Hospital Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
3.8Job Security & Advancement
Met some lifelong friends while employeed there.
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJune 20, 2018
I had the poorest of managers. Upper management wouldnt get rid of her. A lot of people left because of her. I enjoyed working there due to the excellent PTO and other benefits. I did work with some wonderful people and made lasting friendships. I learned that managment was untrained, refused to change , even when upper managment told them to. I learned not to trust suprvisors in the kitchen. There was not repsect for the elderly that worked in the kitchen and certain people got by with doing little work.There are alot of wonderful people that work for that hospital. Great surgeons too. I did 10 weeks of clinical rounds in the surgery dept. Very wonderful doctors, nurses. I would work there as a surgery tech if I lived in that area again,
Pros
Excellent PTO, three weeks the first year
Cons
Poor managment
overall good
RN (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNMarch 27, 2018
overall a good place to work. pay is not competitive. manager was great. sometimes stressful, but ok due to location of my job. felt like a team environment.
Good place to learn maintenance
Engineering Tech I (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNSeptember 20, 2016
Good place to work and learn maintenance skills while finishing my degree. Management is very good to work for and I have learned from them. I have helpful co-workers who are always willing to help show me how things nee to be done.
Good job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNAugust 26, 2014
I liked working there.They were good to you. Overall a good job.
Pros
do you own schedule
Cons
I dont really have any
Great Job / Great People
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNApril 29, 2014
Great Job working in the lab at the hospital. Loved everybody. They were always nice.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Had to leave