Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

31.2K
Found 3,723 reviews matching the search See all 5,050 reviews
Call Center work
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 13, 2018
Working for Sykes, taught me useful tools I'll bring to my next job such as working in a call center culture, there tends to be a deep rumor mill, the benefits package; you don't make enough to be able to afford it.
Pros
occasional company provided lunch, outside food trucks.
Cons
healthcare
Productive good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 11, 2018
Great job all together, 3 weeks paid training, easy hours, easy job just answering phones and assisting customers. The bank they represent is not a good bank.
Pros
Incentitive pay
Cons
Dealing with co-workers who think they know everything
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNAugust 11, 2018
Paid training, call center work. It was a good job. Not hard work if you like to take phone calls and dealing with people on the phone. But I found out that kind of work is not for me.
A good company to start work at home endeavor
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 10, 2018
Pros: Paid training starting at minimum wage for your state. After training, it increases to the hourly rate. Pay was decent, hours were full time M-F, great coworkers, management was okay. Depending on the state you live in, you can work from home. Some benefits received. Good coworkers, management is okay.

Cons: Back to back calls, can be very stressful, putting customers on hold is mostly discouraged, calls that are too long results in leads and supervisors ‘whispering’ in your ear telling you to hurry up and end it soon, customers demanding to speak to supervisors have to wait which results in a long phone call and whispers. You don’t get commission from sales even though we were told we were during training. Instead you get incentives i.e. cash prize, gift cards or a mug. lol Not people-focused, more focused on sales than good service, more concerned with getting as many calls in rather than taking the time to address customer issues. You won’t feel like you’ve helped anyone. Also, be aware that if you resign for personal reasons, you won’t be able to reapply again in the future. I had to leave due to personal reasons and when I asked if I can reapply again to work for SYKES again in the future, I was told no. They don’t seem to value their employees, everyone is replaceable which probably explains the high turnover.

Overall, I think it’s an okay company to start off with if you’re looking to work at home. Despite the cons, I am still grateful to SYKES and if I had the opportunity, I wouldn’t mind working for SYKES again. They are not a horrible company but, there
  more... are better companies out there.  less
Pros
Work at home, decent pay, some benefits, paid training, incentives
Cons
Fast pace, very stressful, not people-focused, competitive even though you don’t get commission.
I liked the people I worked with. Not so much the management who dont have a heart
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 9, 2018
I understand policies. I study and live the policies and regulations inside and outside of work and life. But I do understand when there are things that come up in life that cant be controlled, there should be understanding. There's no wonder this place looses great workers, who wants to help grow this company.
Pros
Workers are great. Benefits are good.
Cons
Have no heart
A Customer Oriented place to work
Leave of Absence (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 9, 2018
They value their customers. They provide excellent services for their many clients by making the employee feel important and appreciated. Overall, a very great place to worl.
Sykes, Relaxed but Troubled
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 8, 2018
Sykes was a very relaxed place to work. You could work hard and expect to be rewarded, when you tried. Overtime was available, too. It was not altogether uncommon for me to work a 50 hour work week.
However, Sykes had two faults. The first one was attendance. People would just not show up for work, and any which way Sykes tried to change this, there was difficulties. The second one was that people felt that there was no voice for them, so morale was in a very negative space. I felt like that was a point of view, and that ultimately this is derived from perspective and not from reality.
So, this is Sykes in a nutshell. The good and bad of working for this company.
Pros
Helping Team Leads, Overtime, Make Up Time
Cons
Attendance Problems, Low Morale
Not a bad job
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Norton, VAAugust 8, 2018
I would just rather be able to move and do manual labor. I think it is a little harder than I expected. Im not good with computers. Overall good job though.
Stressful
Customer Service Agent I (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCAugust 7, 2018
This job is meant for people who have no issue being cold hearted toward customers. You must push policies that do not benefit the customers. There is also a lack of assistance. No room for growth.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
5 minute breaks, 30 minute lunch, Can't place customer on hold, Based on your returned surveys, Inconsistent information
Horrible company
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 6, 2018
A lot of illegal actions against them google Sykes you will see untrustworthy company non educated employers team lead have favorites if your not in the clic your punished abused verbally and terminate you so you can’t get your bonus as promised liars low class citizen whom have no idea what the next one is doing I would not recommend this company to no one in there right mind I was always being sent black mailing emails from a very uneducated manager whom has no clue what they are doing I advise stay away liars and cheat you of your pay!!
Pros
Cons
Horrible company
Loved My Job
Leave Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2018
I loved my job; however, there was no structure and constant change. No transparency or consistency.

At first I thought it was were I wanted to retire.
bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chavies, KYAugust 6, 2018
management is awful, no raises and you work hard for no recognition. management cut throat more than anything. had a fixed schedule and if you needed a day for a doctor apt or anything you couldn’t get it unless you put in for it 3 months ahead
Good experience with students
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAAugust 6, 2018
It was my first job from home.I had experience to talking with different culture. Good support from supervisors. Contact with colleges students. Temporary job.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Short money.
Stressful work envitonment
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC 29150August 4, 2018
Sykes is a fast-paced call center.
My direct manager was very good, but some of the upper management could use some training on dealing with and helping employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Work envirionment
Great place, great people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 3, 2018
Everyone here is very nice and caring. It’s a great place to be. The schedules are set but they do offer a flex position. Great advancement opportunities.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, KYAugust 3, 2018
Good work environment but training was terrible. They teach you nothing before just throwing you out on the floor. Management was helpful in ways but they left you to struggle a lot
Pros
Good management
Cons
Bad training
crazy environment
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 2, 2018
the atmosphere was sometimes confusing - calls and expectations. very seldom were things enjoyable from management but the team was always working together
Wthe work pkace was stressfull but great co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 2, 2018
The people at Sykes are amazing..i quit because of the morel..i under stnd we all have our jobs but thair needs a lot better communication as well.with that being said thair r sone great amazing people
Pros
Co workers .
Cons
Morel and rules and regulations
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingstree, SCAugust 2, 2018
Working here can be a bit overwhelming, but as long as you get the understanding on what you will have to do then everything will be okay. Even when you need help the managers will be there for support.
Stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAAugust 1, 2018
I was a customer service representive agent ...it is a stressful job and you were always feeling you are walking on egg shells .....i would not recommend this job to any one bc it is so messed up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated.

Powered by Comparably