Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated
Happiness rating is 52 out of 100

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

United States6,330 reviews

Found 6,330 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,713 reviews

Seemed like a good company but when your computer (that they supply) goes nuts and IT can’t figure it out they just kinda leave you hanging.

I could not get help with my computer even after 4 calls to IT and messaging my team lead. Lost out on a lot of hours/money that was greatly needed by my family. I followed all the steps and they would just send me in circles. Even reach out to my team lead and asked her what I should do and got not response. Seemed like a really good company up until my computer (that they supplied) went nuts.

Pros

Very upbeat people.

Cons

Could not get help with company supplied computer, very low pay for what you do.

Just don’t.

Wouldn’t recommend working here at all. They say there are opportunities to move up. That’s true, IF you brown nose your way to the top. It’s all about who you know at this company. Just take a look at their turnover rates.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated insights

Based on 2,720 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Yeah right

That place is awful. They basically set me up with faulty equipment just to get me in trouble, I don’t like anybody there and they suck, that company is a joke.

Miss Leading

I love speaking and scheduling for the patients. Call volume is busy at times but it makes the day go by faster. Management/Team Leads have no idea what they are doing. They are the ones make your job hard. Employee turnover rate is very high for a reason. To many Team Leads submitting false conversations of PCA's. These are recorded calls but refuse to let employees re-listen. RUN AND KEEP LOOKING, THIS IS TEMP POTISION!

Horrible Como

You are left to deescalate calls of very angry customers, very rude phone calls, everyone is unhappy when they call, you can’t help or please anyone, no help from supervision or coworkers, when customers asked for supervisor, they got mad, they didn’t think they should work

Pros

Cons

Poor work environment

Asistencia ineficiente

Asistencia ineficiente a los que están WFH. Mejorar la calidad del training

A/C chill and busy office

talking with customers by phone and be professional financial advisor learned very much along the way everyone is respectful if you are, you kill everyone with kindness when helping . managers were helpful and full of correct info to complete everyday satisfaction to every customerhardest part was to stop working pay is good.

Amazing place to work

I worked for about 7 months then there was a horrible flash flood in my hometown and I was off for three weeks. When I notified my supervisor about my situation she completely understood and worked it out so that I would be excused for all the time I missed and even submitted my paid time off for me so I wouldn’t have to go without a payday. The company also gathered dontations for all the employees who we’re impacted by the flooding They’re amazing and very understanding and compassionate. I absolutely love my coworkers and I look forward to many years to come working at Sykes.

Pros

Amazing coworkers

Fine - good enough for time being...

Good job overall if you're into remote customer service detail...Management support teams could be better improved with stronger team development/meetings.

Pros

work from home

Cons

short breaks

Remote work with a lot of support from supervisors

Sykes does an excellent job of ensuring that employees have support from their supervisors throughout the work day. Employees are trained for about a month to learn how to use the system and take calls. Regardless of the support, the work can be repetitive, and emotionally stressful. 8 hour shifts often consumed the day, and we’re taxing on my body. Overall, I gained a lot of valuable customer service experience from this company.

1/10 Run now

The WORST JOB I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE, if they offered you a job RUN FAST NOW!!! Training is a breeze but after that, they will throw you to the wolves!! Management does not care about you. They “accidentally” fired me, while I was on vacation that THEY APPROVED!! I came home trying to get in contact with management and I was BLOCKED!! I finally got in touch with someone and they didn’t even apologize, they said they will process me back in and that’s all. This is the worst place ever, and it’s only a few dollars an hour, not even close to worth it.

Not a great place

With 20 years experience moving from phone agent to HR and when sites combined was demoted and never promoted for same positions held at previous site due to lack of experience.

great workplace

Enjoyed working here. Training was easy and quick. The job wasn’t hard. Management was nice. Great schedule. Also would recommend this job. It helped me grow in my career

Not recommended

Such a terrible place to work. Total exploitation of their employees.Just the fact that they’re constantly hiring should tell you something about their turnover rate. You will 100% hate your job there, and you could very well be fired for absolutely no reason.

Not a great place to work

It’s a very Average company with low payment. Managing team is not at all considerate. Pressure is too high . Nothing is organized here. Had a very bad experience.

Stressful, but good management

Training doesn't really cover the product, calls are typically back-to-back with only 30 seconds to write any notes about the call and close your case.

Horrible

Sykes was one of the work places I work for. They lied about our raises the mrg team are bad they suck. Three years no raise more stuff to do. All bad disrespectful hire crew bad attitudes the hard you gave it the worst it was.

Stressful

The job was very stressful. We were not paid enough for the duties we had to complete. No advancement opportunities or raises. No overtime and everyone works the same shift.

Cons

Pay

Productive and fun environment

I worked for this company for 4 years and never got a paid vacation. It has a points system. If you miss a day of work for any reason is not excusable.

Not at all a peaceful place to work, dishonest staffing / management.

I'm still employed here, it is very unfair and frustrating work and tasks to do though not at all difficult, management lacks ethics and morale , staff has poor communication and organization..Going on my 2nd year now but not sure how much longer I can endure...job pays decent but could be highly improved considering all the work you must do at entry level.

Manage t is the bad

Very retaliatory, MGRS have little experience and no people skills. Training if you can call it that was not what I expected coming from a Legal/Corporate background. It took me over a year just to get my W-2 sent to me and the ones for 2021 were also past due bf I received them. I don't recommend Sykes as a good or tolerable place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight