Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 3,896 reviews matching the search See all 5,268 reviews
This company was fun to work for as in they taught you many things about the third party that you represented.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 21, 2018
A typical day with this company consisted of logging into the system and opening up about 6-9 windows with which to work. Then you would either take calls or answer emails. I loved when I could do the emails because I could listen to music and answer the emails with the same passion as I would when I was talking with my customers on the phone. The bad part was when the lines would mess up. Which was often. Then they should compensate you for the internet and phone service since this is a requirement and you can't work without it. If they will not do that then they should pay you more money so you can afford to live and pay your bills.
Pros
Working from home, no traffic, less gas money, no worries about what you are wearing.
Cons
No compensation for utilities, poor management, not organized
Run for your life
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 21, 2018
Only work here if it is the absolute last place you can work. The team leaders and group leaders sleep with the agents which we learned in training is forbidden. The stress of having to have high scores even though the customer calling isn’t upset with you but upset with the bank. (Here in Montgomery Sykes deal with Bank of America.) The pay isn’t enough for all the stress you have to deal with. This job was so stressful that I would have so much anxiety when my alarm went off to go to work. HR is horrible. I put my 2 weeks notice in after getting another job and the same day they asked for my badge. I couldn’t even finish out my 2 weeks. The turnover rate is extremely high. It’s so bad that after most people make it out of training and on to the floor taking actual calls they quit.
Pros
Hour lunch and two 15 min breaks
Cons
Management, being cursed out by customers, lack of advancement, stressful
good company
Remote Customer Service Agent full-time (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80203October 21, 2018
Awesome customer service on behalf of the big companies you deal with every day.
Our team comes from an array of backgrounds and experiences; what unites us is our passion for People Serving People. We go beyond answering questions and solving problems to provide memorable experience and change the call center industry one customer at a time. We are a dynamic team looking for innovators and trailblazers who will inspire us.
Pros
working from home
Call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 21, 2018
My department was very good managers were very profesional how ever they stopped doing races and benefits were poor, very busy environment non stop calls English and Spanish
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
Cons
Poor benefits, no races
busy, too many chiefs, mgmnt. not always available. nice lunch rooms
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 19, 2018
security badges to enter each room, scan in, scan out...lunchroom fair, plenty of snack machines, arrive, scan to come in, take elevator, scan to enter work area, log on,you use several different passwords before you are ready to work, answer phones, if help needed, you must request on computer, and wait, for someone to come around, then they will talk you thru, log out for breaks, scan out to leave area, scan back in to enter, log back on. continue work, log out when the shift ends, no drinks allowed, no candy allowed, no sacks allowed.
Cons
management, amount of passwords
It was alright
Fraud Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 19, 2018
I didn't like the judgement I got from management but other than that I enjoyed my job. I got along with my coworkers and I liked that they thoroughly trained you.
Awesome Culture
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 19, 2018
Great leadership, mentoring, coaching others to achieve whatever goal you set for yourself. Great people and culture. I have learned valuable lessons that I have used throughout my life working for this company. They do what they say they will do!
Very busy but learn a lot
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 18, 2018
This is a job that is in front of a computer for 9 hours ( 45 min lunch) so you'll probably gain weight. Lots of calls all day that you have a guideline for but not a script. Training is 6 weeks and really gets you prepaired for the work but not the high call volume or angry customers. Management is nice and works well with you but if you want to advance you really need to kiss butt to management, they tend to play favorites. Nice break rooms and hours are regular.
Pros
Benefits, all shifts available
Cons
Strict break times, many irate customers
Has a possibility of a great place to work
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 18, 2018
My experience was not very satisfactory. I have a higher standard for Customer Service than was exhibited by even the team leaders. Having a customer on interminable hold was not my idea of customer service and being allowed to do anything like that by those in management positions was beyond my comprehension
Pros
Close to home. Regimented schedule
Cons
Poor customer service
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chavies, KYOctober 17, 2018
I loved everything about this place. Even though at times its so stressful and you want to just walk out because calls can be overwhelming, I loved it. Couches were AMAZING.
Pros
Cons
high volume calls.
Na
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 17, 2018
Busy around the holidays. Good for parents that have young ones and would prefer to work at home.
Although most think working from home is such an amenity... It certainly is a lot of work. You are held more reliable than most in the office jobs.
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCOctober 16, 2018
Easy place to work. Easy place to get hired. If your are lucky enough to get a good manager, they will help you further your career. Phone experience is good. Helping the customers is the best part about the job.
It was not the best
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 15, 2018
Loud music while on the phones, managers would not help you, training could have been better. I wanted to give them another chance, but they would not let me, made me go through the interview and everything with 6 other people in a room.
Amazing opportunities through Sykes
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2018
(playstation campaign las vegas)
Great experience i had with this company and in time of need. training was easy, i owned every console (so maybe just easy for me) it was also paid and five weeks long. great working environment and i had amazing supervisors that actually cared enough about team members to help them get to work by any means necessary
Pros
everything, besides having to leave
Cons
some of the people in management, not all
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 14, 2018
I have been working at sykes for a year and some months. Creating customer relationships are nice but i do think we are under paid considering the job or the customers can be challenging
Pros
work from home programs
Cons
pay, managment
Sykes was nice to work for but the client Frontier was horrible
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAOctober 14, 2018
Sykes was nice to work for but the client Frontier was horrible. I couldn't meet stats bc I had to spend so much time trying to fix customers accounts because they were so bad. At first it was very hard to make my sales but after while they came out with a decent packaging deal and it really helped bc before the prices were just ridiculously high. It can be a stressful place but it the client was better it would have been a better experience. We could have used a better training but they were continuously updating their methods on that so it really was a work in progress. It was already a month long training program but it wasn't very detailed when I went through it. When the site closed its doors they offered all their employees a chance to work from home so no one lost their job, although I had left before that bc I had bad attendance due to some errors and health issues. The pay was pretty decent starting at 10.00/hr plus commission for sales once you get on the floor. They also did a lot of rewards and events there like fresh popped popcorn every Friday, raffles, and for certain things you would get "rubies" and you could use them to buy prizes. The people there were really caring too, I met some really great people there.
Pros
Decent pay, commission, rewards, events, good people
Cons
Bad client=bad experience, training needed improvements, they were still figuring out how to regulate everything on site
Very rigid work schedule with lack of training.
SENIOR SUPPORT AGENT (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 14, 2018
Training was quick and did not thoroughly cover all aspects of the position. Schedules are preset and changes are made to be conducted through employee trades rather than management changes.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Weak benefits and stressful environment
Great job!!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAOctober 13, 2018
This is another great place to work with lots of incentives and proper and adequate training for the job. There are many different schedules to choose from and different departments. Great team!
Awesome Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLOctober 12, 2018
I worked in the travel call center at sykes Deland. The training is excellent. HR is very approachable and they do try to make the office fun to work at. They do their best to train you for the phone and offer as much help as needed. It is a great call center to work at. They have variable schedules and days off which is hard to get at most jobs, so you can go to school if you want to. Sometimes the software program is difficult to use, but that is because you are checking airfares etc, it is not hard once you learn the system. Great management etc. I left to take a job in a different industry. Liked sykes a great deal though and only have positive things to say about the company. I have worked at other call centers and this is by far the BEST!
Pros
Bonus! Training is excellent, great HR team/variable schedules
Cons
Computer software a little difficult at times.
Lack Of Ethics
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2018
Not an ideal job for family people. Hours are not negotiable. Poor management & horrible pay, least favorite job i have ever worked at. Would not return here
Pros
Near The Mall
Cons
Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.4K
31.3K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight