Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

31.2K
Found 3,558 reviews matching the search See all 4,848 reviews
Stressful/ always changing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vansant, VAJune 18, 2018
This was not my first CSR role. However, it was one of my first jobs, and I've had many, that I don't feel the training was adequate before you're expected to perform perfectly. Everyone, trainers, team leads, agents, and upper management, all say that it takes at least 6 months to be comfortable. With multiple systems, changing systems, changing policies, systems that don't have full functions, and minimal or inadequate floor support, it's difficult to do the to the job to your best capacity. For those people who are not affected by constant customer angst, and are good at sales, regardless of the other issues at hand, this is an ideal position. I, however, am deeply moved by customers' emotions. My sole purpose is to help resolve, or make the customer feel important, as should be policy. However, sales are not my strong suit, and if one does not offer on every call, it's a write - up. I had 2 final write-ups within my first couple of weeks hitting the floor. It's a wonder I'm still working there. But, I do love the people at Sykes. The client we represent is difficult, at best, to maintain a positive attitude for.
Pros
Co-workers are wonderful! Team leaders are wonderful.
Cons
Scheduling, variable overtime to no overtime to no available make up time.... changing/ non working systems, and changing policies
Productive and Fun work with great people
Call Center Agent/ Chat Agent (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeJune 18, 2018
My work day is busy, non stop calls, or chats. Depending which program I am on. We have a great support system, for any questions or help we may need while assisting our customers. I love my job, and helping my customers resolve their issues, all while leaving a fun last impression.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 16, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers. I don't have anything else to add to it. Thank you for the opportunity to review the job.
Not for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chavies, KY 41727June 16, 2018
Poor training makes it difficult to perform the basic functions of making sales or making changes to the client's account. The focus is on making sales but the lack of training poses a problem.
Mission
Customer Service Specialists (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 15, 2018
Great face pace enviornment that impliments loyality and values, Their mission," all expected to accept certain responsibilities, adhere to acceptable business principles in matters of
personal conduct and exhibit a high degree of personal integrity at all times. This includes respect for the rights and feelings of others, and demands that we refrain from any behavior that might be harmful to ourselves, our fellow
workers
Pros
self-motivative work place
Cons
Great benefits
Stressful work environment
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Wise, VAJune 14, 2018
The management puts too much pressure on employees solely based on survey respond from customers who are most of the time upset due to the product never working and the constant price increases with no justification as to why. Does not matter how hard you work or your attendance only if you are high scoring tnps wise and of course favoritism is a huge factor
Pros
Paid holiday
Cons
Management and literally everything else
Sykes isn't what it's cut out to be
Tier 1 (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJune 14, 2018
I've dealt with so many issues with their Intuit partnership, the management itself is just all over the place, they're NEVER on the same page as another. There's NO pay increases from Sykes, I've been working under them directly for a year, and with Intuit before then. I've asked for advancement in the company and have received nothing, even as small as a "T2 Group".
Pros
pto accrued, free lunches
Cons
management, pay, advancement
Don't do it
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARJune 14, 2018
The mAnagment all hang together in telling lies if confronted they yell or rather speak loud to embarrass by over talking and out talking so they sound like they know what there talking about.
They're passing themselves to be educated their absolutly bluffing flunkies.
They employees are afraid to speak up for fear of retailiations. Which are true and mean mean tactics I know and experienced.
Pros
Liars
Cons
Same door to walk out that you entered in
Stressful and rewarding
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 13, 2018
Sykes is my first call center job, I started as an agent and it was beyond stressful and I thought I would never make it but I became upper management as a team leader. Sykes in Rome has a bad reputation especially upper management but we were following guidelines handed to us by the client. frontier is a horrible company but Sykes was not. This job challenged me and only the strong survive. If you're looking to be lazy and just sit in a chair and expect people to hand you 12 bucks an hour then you're wrong. This job challenged you everyday but it was so rewarding and the people are amazing. It's the most family environment I've ever worked in. Upper management helped everyone but at times we were drowning by deadlines and agents think you don't want to help them and that's far from the truth. They provide many resources for help but some agents just didn't want to put in the work that was required. Overall I loved this job. Some days I hated it but that's any job. The client frontier does have a messed up system and their policy's and procedures are unethical but Sykes is amazing. Agents left frontier ley didn't leave Sykes.
Pros
Pay, family environment, mentally challenging and rewarding
Cons
Frontier policys
Fast paced
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 13, 2018
you must be really good with computers and you also have to know how to help certain customers understand certain issues and understand everyone is different.
productive work environmient there are always funs activities schedule around performance,
Team Lead/Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AL 36117June 12, 2018
A typical day at work includes taking and handle calls for our customer regarding their accounts.
I have learned how different banking products work.
management is very hands on.
The most enjoyable part about the job is helping other grow and develop them to move up within the company.
Sykes
Credit Card Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 12, 2018
made payments on credit cards, waived late fees and interest charges, set up travel flags, redeemed rewards, put in research, they are not a good place
Love Working Here
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2018
Great Job love working there enfoy working from home and comforatable setting this is an ideal job for a mother and extra income and you would rather not commute
Great Work Place
Agent/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCJune 12, 2018
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity to move up in position. The management team were great to work with and very helpful and encouraging when needed.
Sykes
Customer Service Rep / Sales (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAJune 11, 2018
I loved working at Sykes. They have some awesome managers and I met some of the most amazing people there. If you have trouble learning or getting something they want to help you rather than scold you.
Pros
Decent breaks, great management, great support and flex sched.
Cons
Taking the same calls gets old
Its horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 11, 2018
I worked there for 11 months and it was horrible. When you first start out they give you a set schedule and then if you don't perform well enough for them they give you a bad schedule. It started out as just customer service and then it turned into a position where you HAD to sell. The bonuses, if you were lucky to get one, took forever to appear on your checks and if you quit before you got your bonus they took it away from you.
Pros
You talked to interesting people on the phone
Cons
Everthing else
Good if you have no other obligations, ever
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
Are unrealistic when it comes to taking a day off. They ask you to request it in advance and still will deny it. Which would be an unexcused absence.
Pros
Bonuses every quarter
Cons
Not understanding that people have lives beyond Sykes
Productive and clean workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCJune 11, 2018
Working at sykes was just a typical day like being at home. Its just that you were on the computer looking up information for a customer that calls. What I learned out there is that eveyone that calls your phone are not going to be an happy customer so you have to talk to them with empathy. The management and the workplace was nice and neat. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and getting to know different customers over the phone.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
1hr breaks, life insurance
Enjoyed working there
Customer Care Professional, Spanish (WFH) (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeJune 11, 2018
They have so many different companies you can work for, which is great, as they try to help you with selecting the right choice for you. There are many different flexible shifts, depending on the company you select to work alongside.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Benefits are very limited, if any offered.
No growth
Customer Service Agent Radiology/CPOE (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 10, 2018
punch in, start working on cerner scheduling radiology appointments for jackson Memorial Hospital patients. The patients helped to make work pleasant. there was no room to grow there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated.

Powered by Comparably