Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 3,939 reviews matching the search See all 5,336 reviews
I did not like it
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 11, 2018
The managers did not care to help when you had a problem. Their QA team never tried to help you in your problem areas instead wrote you up. They would not work with your schedule at all.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Managers, the job itself, very stressful
Was fun while it lasted
Tier 1 Technical Support (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLDecember 10, 2018
Show up, answer phones and do what your training provided you and you should be fine. Most of what you did was pretty easy and there was always support for when you got stuck.
Pros
Employee engagement
Would not recommend this job unless you had no other choice
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 9, 2018
Management was terrible. Tried to move up several times and was denied every time because of "metrics". you also cap out on pay very fast which is barely enough to live on
Pros
its a job
Cons
short breaks, low pay
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCDecember 7, 2018
it was fun working their when we had game days and food on the floor to eat that they brought for us. sykes is a good job for some one who is single and dont have any kids at all to worry about rushing home to
Productive and a fun environment to work in.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 6, 2018
Working at Sykes was a great experience for me. The environment is relaxed and not stressful at all. You're easily promoted so you can move up fast in your career. Overall, Sykes was a pleasure to work for.
great work force bad management
Level 1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PADecember 6, 2018
not a great management staff wonderful workmates . great products to work on clients are a knowledgeable crowd and understand the product would i recommend anybody to work there no
Pros
great products
Cons
bad management
it can be a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  OregonDecember 5, 2018
Sykes is an outsource company so the type of work is dependent on the contract, the employer will usually try to work with employees and help them succeed.
Great opportunities.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Wilton, maineDecember 5, 2018
I worked at Sykes on two different occasions (temporary assignments). Two very different jobs, the phones would sometmies be very overwhelming since one job was an "automatic dialer" that would dial as soon as you were off a previous call. The other job was people calling in needed help with certain credit cards. This job was quite simple but sometimes very frusterating due to some calls were for customers unemployment and when they hadn't received funds you would be on the phone for extended periods of time explaining that you didn't know where the funds were. (we dealt with the CARDS not the actual unemployment). The other staff members were great to work with management was fun and I typically would be asked to cover the managers shifts if they were sick or on lunch. the hours for one of the jobs was two different times 8-4 or 9-5. The other was staggered through the day and was selected by seniority, attendance, and just how well you were doing. I was on the higher end and wanted the late shifts (5p-1a). lots of reading time.. overall great job.
Pros
flexible hours, fun staff.
Cons
calls were sometimes overwhelming.
Convenient but not reliable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 4, 2018
I was laid off from my position after just a few months. I thought I had hit the lotto by getting a work from home job, but back to commuting I went when I found out how unreliable it was. Plus the pay wasn’t that great. Also you don’t get paid if you have internet connection issues or anything else that could impede your ability to work. I don’t want to work at home again unless I’m working for myself.
Pros
No commute
Cons
Not enough work, managers/team leads often ignored questions I asked during calls, low pay
a good job.
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 4, 2018
It was a fast pace job. I worked hard an got paid for my efforts. Management is understanding and were willing to work with me on things when they came up.
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 3, 2018
I loved sykes but as I was getting older I needed a stronger finance. My supervisor was AMAZING and so was my team. And they worked with my spiritual beliefs. I loved it
Great Place to Work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 3, 2018
I have been working for Sykes for over 3 years and I love it! The people are amazing to work with and I never feel unsupported. Management is great and allow you the flexibility to manage your business but are always there to support when needed. Workplace culture is fun and there are always engagement activities going on.
Great way to help people with Bank of America problems
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 3, 2018
Corporation is an awesome, global customer contact / support organization that believes in "Helping people one caring interaction at a time". (They call it "Business Process Outsourcing".) Go to www.sykes.com to view what they do as a corporation. Love the corporation and highly recommend them.

At my site, we supported Bank of America checking, savings, and online / mobile banking customers. As a highly regulated industry, working with changing Federal regulations, change was frequent. While there is emphasis on average call time, the primary emphasis is the quality of information / service given.
Pros
insurance & some discounts available, though insurance not free
Cons
After the $0.25 / hour raise at 6 months, you're stuck at my site.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 2, 2018
its a good place to work not much advancement opportunities it was good for a set schedule but defiantly hard to change your schedule. i think that it has potential to be an excellent place to work and would consider going back
Very safe and nice workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 30, 2018
Everyday you where assigned to talk to customers from bank of America about their credit card problems. I had a very great manager very understandable which took stress of the job.
How sykes is
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 29, 2018
Sykes is horrible the management is poor sykes don’t even care about you when u sick or on death bed they care about self and always want u at work everyday they the only company I worked for that don’t take doctor excuses. I can say I had a horrible experience
I love it!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLNovember 29, 2018
Working at Sykes gives you a sense of a competitive environment and also a sense of success. Knowing you are able to provide your family is a great feeling, and having this job is what that does.
unproductive work place
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCNovember 29, 2018
The managers talk to you like kids ,. A typical day at Sykes is just a total w ar. I learned how to sell Direct tv . I was in the top sales group. I enjoyed stasifying customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break, hour to two hour lunch and a ten minute break.
Answer calls all day
CSR (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCNovember 28, 2018
I really didn't enjoy working for Sykes Corporation. I didn't feel like they valued their employees.Being that it was a job i wasn't expecting much i would really appreciated if they valued us as their worker a little more
Liked the people I worked with, but didn't like the job.
Manager Alisa Black (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 25, 2018
Typical day at work was run around frantic, doing everything possible, but at the end of the day it didn't matter. The environment i felt at Sykes felt a lot like high school.
Pros
easy to move up
Cons
you don't feel appreciated as an individual, your work load gets added onto time and time again until you break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.4K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated.

Powered by Comparably