Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 4,079 reviews matching the search See all 5,542 reviews
Productive workplace
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Work from homeJanuary 17, 2019
Job is quick paced and you are expected to know your stuff. We have a vast amount of knowledge and support at our fingertips. The downside to that is if you mess up you are made to feel pretty bad about yourself. I don’t think it’s done on purpose though. They say advancement opportunities are readily available, but aside from my seasonal low level supervisor position, I have not seen that opportunity. Pay is fair and hours are decent. Management is nice and ready to help most of the time.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No advancement, no pay raise, high pressure
Claims agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 19, 2019
It was a good place to work. A good majority of my coworkers were very friendly and everyone would help each other out if someone struggled with anything. I learned how to multitask better because I had to have many tabs open at one time and simultaneously resolve the customer’s issue. The hardest part in my opinion is dealing with angry customers first thing in the morning until whenever I got off work but that was only because it was my first job. It did make my skin thicker so I can deal with hostile people better.
Fast-paced phone environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 21, 2019
The work environment is pretty simplified a bunch of cubicles with computers and headsets. the work is over the phone with inbound calls coming in every 30 seconds in a fast-paced call or every two to five minutes in a slow-paced environment. You have to follow the policy and procedures when answering a call and depending on the company you work for you may or may not have to sell company products to customers over the phone. The people who work there are the ones who make the environment when I was there it was pretty friendly.
Pros
Wednesdays and Tuesdays Pizza company comes
Cons
Constant phone time have to like talking on the phone
Relaxed and friendly place to work
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARFebruary 1, 2019
I would get to work access my systems and take calls from mortgage customers regarding their home loan. I would explain payment changes such as escrow and taxes. I would take monthly payments for customers. I would create work orders for things that needed to be researched within an account for another department. The workplace culture was good. The hardest part of this job was explaining to a customer that taxes followed the land not the person that he or she bought the land from. The most enjoyable part of the job is the knowledge and experience that I got while employed at Sykes.
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingstree, SCFebruary 5, 2019
This job would be so much better if there were more matured individuals hired. There are too many customers calling in complaining about their services because some of the representatives don't take the time to correct the issue the customer is having, so it makes others jobs harder when the customer has to call in again to get their issue resolved. Some of the supervisors are not very helpful. Some of them don't know as much as the agents taking the calls. They don't accept any kinds of excuses (doctor, etc) and it's almost impossible to make up the time missed depending on the situation.
The only place worth working!
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNFebruary 11, 2019
I have worked at Sykes in Morristown, TN now for going on 6 months. I have never been happier at a job than I am here! I love the people I work with, the bosses, the management, the schedule; it's all amazing! The hardest part of the job is having to leave at night! We answer the phones and do tech support for an online bookkeeping company. We stay busy and have lots of help around when needed!
Pros
great pay, benefits, security, advancement opportunity
Cons
Open 9am to 9pm
Very stressful workplace
tech support representative (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLJanuary 24, 2019
almost 3 years of experience *
dealing with quotas (requirements) every month that are uncontrollable and most of the time not accurate is very stressful coaches (supervisors) constantly on your back because they receive bonuses off of everyone. turnover rate is off the charts!
SYKES is paid per call.. this is all they care about. they want you to get off calls asap and take more, they do not care about customers whatsoever.
Good place to work at if you're not a social person.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAFebruary 13, 2019
It was fun to work with the cameras, because you had to learn how to use them to help the customers with calls and questions about the products. However, a little stressful because phone calls do not stop coming in. Also, it got a little lonely from being on the phone and not having face to face interactions.
Pros
Breaks every 2 hrs. Benefits, opportunity for advancement.
Cons
No face to face interactions.
People first
Customer Service Representative, Life Coach (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 6, 2019
They say people first that was a joke they allow the company to step down the best life coach we had she was there from morning to evening onsite never left like the other 3 did. The throw her under the bus without a care. She tried to get her positon back but they was not going for it. The only call center that makes $10 a hour where other call center in and around us starts off with more money. That's way agents left to go to Verizon and Wells Fargo
Pros
Had one awesome life coach who cared
Cons
Nasty account managers that lies on agents
Work was OK but at times not much help
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 6, 2019
We got 6 weeks training, and 2 weeks of on floor training and then were on our own. To turn around and find out that we were losing our jobs in 2 months. We would get a chance to work from home but only under certain conditions. WAH was a whole different program and we were suppose to be trained on it. Never happened. Tried the WAH for several weeks and could not get the speed I needed in either and upload or download. So I had to quit.
Pros
Set breaks/Lunchs
Cons
Must watch your CLOCK, dont be LATE!!!
Work and more work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 1, 2019
A very fast paced, competitive place to work. Very little in work/life balance and pay is a bit below other comparable companies. I had the best manager ever, who was very interested in my growth as a trainer. The hardest part of the job was feeling that no matter how hard you worked, you were never good enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the agents eye light up when they "get it". When everything they learned in class, finally makes sense on the floor.
Fast paced service and sales.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJanuary 24, 2019
At first I loved the job. Then sales became more important the the customers. Requirements would flip-flop fron day to day. Enjoyed helping customers with there account needs. Did not like feeling forced to push products on customers that Did need or want them.
If you need a job quickly, Sykes is a good filler.
Pros
Benifits, overtime and advancement available.
Cons
Requirements changing back and forth day to day.
The Best company I have ever been a part of!
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLJanuary 14, 2019
This company is the best alternative to leaving those Brick and mortor jobs alone and choosing to stay at home. I felt like i was truly part of a real family , and everything that we did was a choice not a chore. I was patiently shown the ropes at my job that chose, my managers were fun and bright and loving and extremely caring and understanding. There was no limit to their support. I felt comforted and stress free no matter what i went through at home that would interfere with my job, i was ok. And for that, i would always support SYKES.
Pros
Corporate discounts, flexible hours, pay raises, and NO COMMUTING!
Cons
Sometimes it makes it hard to get day to day tasks done during the day due to working from home.
Things might have changed now but....
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  DelandJanuary 5, 2019
My team was reduced 50% in 30 days by a very poor supervisor who was allowed to do that stuff. Before I got home, the very day they let me go, I stopped and got hired on the spot by a company paying $4 more per hour in a happy and very contented environment. That was 7 months ago and things are still very beautiful. What a shame to see such a waste of valuable talents go the wrong way through the door. Quite bizarre really.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 26, 2018
Working at Sykes was interesting.

The training was great.

Be ready for calls to be back to back. There is very little time between calls if any.

The job I was hired for was temporary and I worked out of my home office. If you are applying for the work at home positions be sure that you take advantage of the training they offer you. You will be required to work from your home office will no background noise under minimal supervision.
Pros
Paid as an employee
Cons
Sykes is a great place to work if you are more wirried about numbers rather than helping people.
Sales And Service (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARJanuary 29, 2019
Sykes pays you more than minimum wage as well as commission for your sales. However, they are more worried about you making sales than helping customers. You have to offer Direct Tv on every call even if the customer says no, you are required to still push them to get it.
Pros
Comission
Cons
More worried about makimg sales than actually helpimg customers
A Great Entry Level Job....Nothing more. Nothing Less.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 2, 2019
If you are REALLY desperate and have no other options for employment. Sykes is a great option to get back on your feet or to build work experience. Long term however the job is about as DEAD END as it gets and very dull. If you aren't looking for a actual career path and just need the money you can't go wrong with a SYKES call center. Also very hard to get fired from here...Unless you quit which many people do.
Each location builds there own culture and monthly activities.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYDecember 24, 2018
The hardest part of the job is listening to people complain about the job who don't want to improve themselves to do more or something different.

Pepole actually accept the job and then get made with management because the job is not what they thought or needed it to be. They never work on helping to change it only add to the misery by complaining.

It's so sad.
Pros
Keeping people employed.
Cons
Keeping people motivated, wages, negative employees.
Great job with good pay
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 22, 2018
Really enjoyed this job! If you like working with computers and are good at customer service then this is the job for you. Answering phones for a banking call center can be fun, but also stressful as each client is not always nice or cooperative. Must have good computer and costumer service skills as well as Patience for this job... some clients will how should I say..."push your buttons!"
Pros
Good pay, benefits, friendly work place
Cons
stressful
good pay;optional jump ons
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeDecember 18, 2018
working with Sykes was great, i was throughout the walmart program. the pay was great and we were given the option to jump on and make more money with "kickers" . management is the problem i have with Sykes , they offer NO support at all. you would be on the phone with a cx for well over 20 minutes waiting on someone to take the call. if you needed help you would have to wait for at least 5-10 minutes before you got an answer . i would go back again because i loved call center job but i would not recommend the Walmart program also working 10+ hours with a 30 minute lunch is ridiculous
Pros
jump on pays more fast environment
Cons
short lunch short breaks no help stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated.

Powered by Comparably