Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 1,045 reviews matching the search See all 5,745 reviews
Pay, schedules and management all lousy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAApril 17, 2019
Run away unless you're absolutely desperate. The hired me and I took a schedule that I didn't really like because that was all they had available. A month later they bring in a group of new hires and offer them better schedules. They only care about you if you're new. They pay terrible, management is a joke, and "benefits" are horrible.
Pros
Cons
The list is too long
Beware
Admin (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 17, 2019
They are not transparent at all. There are no raises. You have to get promoted which will not happen when they have closed many sites, laid off thousands, and shipped jobs over seas. You do not get your breaks and if you have to work through lunch you still have to clock out.
Ok but stressful
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, AR 72901April 15, 2019
Been there for almost 4 years, haven't had a raise or moved up in the company at all. I'm just tired of being stuck, just want a little appreciation.
Customer support
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCApril 12, 2019
work from home customer support many different accounts to choose from. Paid training, paid time off is available. Pretty consistent policies in the past 7 years
Worst place to work ever.
Customer Care Center & Billing Expert (Former Employee) –  Chavies, KY 41727April 11, 2019
. Makeup hours required but not given if you have an emergeancy.
. Written up even if you have hard proof to the contrary.
.Force you to make sales but then scrutinize and repremand you.
.Contract to Frontier Communications Support/Sales written so Sykes employees have no rights or perks.
.5 minutes of time per shift to make it to and from all breaks or bathroom emergencies per 8 or 10 hour shift.
.Constant scrutiny, beratement, and belittling publicly for metrics.
.Daily manual editing of your time sheet based on being seconds late on a clock in that do not add up.
.Pay deduction if you have PC issues and cannot get on PC, Phone, or client calls fast enough.
.Expensive healthcare packages that employee pays the entirety of if you really want it.
.Soul sucking environment constantly fixing issues created by peer idiots.
.Every single call automatically escalated to at least angry being cursed and treated badly by clients.
.Highly scripted call flow written by Frontier Communications that also escalates every call.
.Graded on script adherence impossible (Has never been accomplished) to get 100% on a call review.
.Script deviance welcomed and we'll received by actual customers yet reprimanded by Sykes management.
.Constant full queue of inbound angry callers with no breath or rest between calls.
.Management and floor walking peers are little to no help if you have questions or need assistance.
.No real IT personnel on staff on site. They have one guy who is in lower 20's with no degree and no certifications at a site with 100's of computers. This is a business
  more... that has 100% reliability on computers and functional Internetworking connectivity to be effective.
.Computers and Network are extremely deprecated and underpowered for the work and connectivity to Fro tier Communications servers required.
.Everytime you sign into a computer for the first time you have to reboot 4 or more times to get links required to do your job. In the meantime management continually asks you why you aren't on the phone taking calls and you hear your name publically blasted over loud walkie talkies around your peers for being clocked in but not on the phone, telling management about it does no good because they tell you cliche' things like well noone else has this problem, when everyone else can have an assigned seats with tenure and this is the fourth time the new guy has to move. Then you find out after sending an email to the time keeping man behind the curtain that your time and pay we're cut by 30 minutes and it counts against you on hours toward your allowed excused absence time.
.PC's often have 2 monitors which is very helpful since you have to have 2 to 4 applications and websites up to do this job but most do not work meaning only one does. .The job requires you to login to a Frontier Communications virtual desktop off-site but the connection is blocked by the Sykes proxy because noone in the entire time of the contract...5 years has either placed the exact URL on the proxy whitelist or added the exception to the Group Policy so when you login you don't have to troubleshoot your own PC at your cubicle to login and do your work.
.The single only self proclaimed Information Technology staff member in his lower 20's with no experience takes days to fix any easy and constant common issue that you report to him. He says yea I'll take care of it but instead of immediately he goes back to talking about personal things and flirting with girls at the site. Has not one time ever sat down and tried to write a group policy to fix the correct first time login of links you need to work being there, tried to find a driver to push that will keep the virtual machine from crashing on dual monitors if you drag and drop between them, tried to fix the random virtual machine crashes that occur daily on the PC's, tried to fix the PC/VM time synch issues...NTP much?
.Site has 2 account managers for one account but 1 IT support for Hundreds of IT assets...computers, multiple network issues (intra/inter), and many many computer illiterate peers around you with no help in IT because of the one guy who should actually be no more than a tier one intern but is salary. The hardest job I witnessed him do was decorate a wall to look like a giant Candy Land board but by the end of the day a great many squares taped to the wall poorly had fallen...he can't even pass kindergarten level tasks.
.Many many personnel walking around to ask you why your taking so long to help a customer that noone has actually provided a resolution for the last 6 times they called, yet noone around when a hand(question) or thumb(escalation) goes up. They remind you of the queue being very backed up and go back to showing another manager or floor walker some funny work inappropriate meme on there phone, which YOU would be immediately given a written final if your phone even comes out of your pocket (doesn't even have to have the screen on)...you cannot even check the time to ensure what time you went into break auxillary on the phone to ensure you don't go over on break. Anyway, they come and complain to you and chastise you about the queue of calls on hold instead of getting thier useless rear-ends on the phone to help with call backup and congestion...it would help since the majority of people want your manager before you even say hello anyway.
.They require sales to anyone and everyone who doesn't have an overdue amount past 60 days. Even people calling to reduce thier bill which is nearly everyone at some point during the call.
.They encourage you to lie and misguide customers through lack of information as little of the negative fine print as required to sale the customer anything the do not need by making it sound better or cheaper.
.Frontier makes it very hard for the fixed income clients to actually complete and receive lifeline benefits and discounts.
.Frontier billing has sent many many sweet older folks into collections for bills that were the results of shady and mafia like gouging of products they did want and cramming and Slamming products at 5 to 10 dollars at a time on to thier accounts that the do not want do not need and are simply handicapped and old...they cannot understand the broken down line items that are vaguely named and breakdown with a description elsewhere (another page) of the bill.
.Working here and hearing the clients stories of things other support peers did or said to them and the worst practices that should be illegal done to them by Frontier policy and billing it made me ashamed that I worked for and with any of the referenced entities mentioned above. It literally made me feel ashamed to have to answer the phone and sympathetically appologized to 30 or 40 people everyday on the phone for how they were treated and made me medically depressed and saddened that as much help as I could give it still rarely got me a thanks on the phone and not one time ever did I do a good job at all per management.
.If you spend more than 30 minutes per week on call backs your will get reprimanded even though this should be your job and actually is one of the things that would make you as a support agent awesome in the eyes of the client and in...well...REALITY
Pros
6 weeks of relatively low stress pay (training)
Cons
Everything else
Sykes
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 10, 2019
Sykes does help with some needs you may have such as school and some personal things but not everything. Another thing i would say that’s good is that Sykes does have a lot of good things about them when it comes to helping and learning new things.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay
Not The Best
Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 9, 2019
Different managers will tell you different information
Pay is decent but, not the best.
You have to meet survey goal of 83%
It's a good quick job if you need something in between jobs but not a career
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Poor Management
Met new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 8, 2019
Great co workers, thorough and experienced Verizon trainers who were experienced with the product. Good Benefits. Opprtunity for Growth within company. Safeco work environment.
Pros
Great training experience
Cons
Not great hours
Very unfair and poor treatment
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 7, 2019
I have worked for sykes and have exceeded recommended requirements every month. Doesn't matter how well you do. No raise or incentives. Terrible comp.
Pros
Customers are great, the job itself is challenging, & work from home
Cons
No raises, no incentives.
Very nice people to work with.
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2019
I have worked at Sykes for 8 years and I have loved it! They always work with me as I have disabilities and work from home. Good fit for me. I love it
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Short breaks
working day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ballwin, MOApril 3, 2019
It's very fast paced. With tons of people working for each company. That manager's aren't very fast at answering questions.They do not give you paid sick days and do not pay very much with no raises.They do not give you time for a vacation. It's always something you have to ask for. Everyone is very nice, we are working together in this.
Pros
other people you work with
Cons
short breaks, no raises
It pays the bills
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 2, 2019
They always make difficult to get the PTO approved
Customers can be rude. Bonus structure is a joke. You never met the criteria to get your full monthly bonus
Amazing job to work at.
Healthcare Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 1, 2019
I loved the job, but I need more flexibility in my work schedule. My trainers and coworkers were amazing and I really enjoyed working there. Would stay if they were more flexible hours.
Pros
Amazing trainers
Cons
need more flexible hours for mothers.
Productive and fun with monthly engagement activity
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  National Capital RegionApril 1, 2019
The work environment is very good, I work as graveyard and its favorable with me that hate rush hour. Supervisors and managers are approachable.
They held monthly engagement activity for us to release some tension and having fun while working.
Pros
Discounts for affiliated store, free food sometimes
Cons
short break
Productive and a fun workplace with a tv in break room to relax
Coach/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYMarch 29, 2019
With this job you have to be able to adapt to changes often. This company is very focused on sales instead of also focusing on how good we are delivering great customer service. I do think there are some things that can be improved i believe that your employer should interact with each employee and it least to show appreciation to there employees. When i first started working at sykes it was a great place to work and it still could be if there was improvement with having better management. I would have to say the hardest part of the job would be sales. Because a lot of the times we would offer something to the customer but the customer was not even interested because i think the products themselves just don't sale like they use too. Has nothing to do with the agent offering customer just don't want some of the services.
Pros
Great benefits Awesome Schedules Great Pay
Fun work place
Representatives (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLMarch 26, 2019
Great environment it was a nice place to work people were nice and the pay was good the parking is good the hours and times to work is very reliable..
Laid Back
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  GAMarch 25, 2019
This job is really laid back and requires the minimum to function, if you do not like being with others this job is perfect and peaceful. The compensation could be better
Sykes is not about the employees
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wise, VAMarch 19, 2019
I worked for a company that sykes took over. When sykes took over, the overall atmosphere, morale, quality of people hired, went down hill. We lost many of the benefits we had with prior company. The management is not concerned with most of their employees. You are strictly a number. There are a couple of supervisors there, that really do care, but their hands are tied by upper management. It is constant demand to do more and more with little to no training, and then you suffer if you do not perform at peak 100% of the time. Toxic
Pros
Some of the employees
Cons
everything else
Sykes is a great company for the program i was on
Customer Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Work from homeMarch 18, 2019
I was with the same client from 11/2013 until 3/31/2019. The contract will end.

My hours were flexible and to my liking and availability. I worked part time days, from home, a minimum of 20 hours up to 25 hours a week if I took time from other agents. Not all programs may offer this flexibility. I felt blessed and fortunate.

My Team Lead(s) have been supportive and amazing. The management is what made working for the client so positive.

The PTO is non-existent as a part timer. You have to work a minimum of 40 hours in a full time position for 3 months to earn PTO, and that barely cuts it.

The client I worked for increased our responsibility regularly and the "uptraining" was barely adequate at times. As a forner teacher, all students don't learn the same way or process new information at the same pace. There were no allowances made for this fact of life. You are paid for the training, but if you don't absorb the information in the small amount of time allotted, then extra time needed is not paid. That's where the main problem is with the uptraining.

I truly hope to stay with Sykes in a part time capacity. At this time, I do not know if this will be available to me. I hope so. Most of the positions offered are all full time which I am unable to work.

I do believe they are better than some of the competitors out there for "work from home" positions.
Pros
Flexible schedule for my program, great management
Cons
Programs can end with no forewarning to the agents or the management
stressful
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMarch 14, 2019
the job in itself is very stressful. It can get tiring. Management is poor, and there is no chance for advancement unless you know somebody, the company has too many strict rules
Pros
meets new people
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.5K
31.4K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight