Symantec Employee Reviews

Good place to work. Restructures often.
Territory Manager, Inside Sales, Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 22, 2018
International company with constant changes, restructures. Overall a great place to work for future opportunities. Provides opportunities for advancement.
By Far the Best Company I've Ever Worked For
Senior Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 22, 2018
We are not only encouraged to expand our skillsets daily but we are empowered to do so by working cross-functionally and without boundaries between teams or leadership/position levels. This ensures you are comfortable reaching out to any and everyone to obtain feedback and to collaborate on initiatives or challenges you are experiencing.
Nice company for a career
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 17, 2018
While a typical day at work entails a regular amount of production, the company regularly offers, and management supports, training of new skills and research into related subjects.
Pros
friendly workplace
Cons
downsizing
A Good Place To Work
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Symantec. A good work environment and colleagues. The practical application of knowledge I acquired in school helped me to develop my computer and interpersonal skills.
CEO is a great leader, its best hope for the future
Senior Staff QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 17, 2018
I worked for Blue Coat and then was acquired by the giant Symantec which has definately been an uneven transition. There is great technology in use and you learn a great deal of it, which is the best part about it. They are flexible and for the most part supportive but with the transistions it feels like they are constantly looking to trim the force which makes for poor morale.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good work life
Cons
Constant downsizing
Symantec ruins the companies they purchase
Information Developer (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJuly 16, 2018
I was a victim of a Symantec acquisition. They swooped in, bought our products, then proceeded to ruin them because they didn't know what to do with them or how to market them.

I'm sure their decision to move my position to India really paid off when they had to higher somebody in the U.S. again six months later.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
They make dumb decisions
Symantec has changed
Senior Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 15, 2018
I used to love my job and was happy to go to work every day. I will not work for them anymore. It used to be a great company but new ownership has taken that away.
Best company I ever worked for.
Inside Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJuly 11, 2018
I truly loved working at Symantec. I made the mistake of transitioning to Veritas when the opportunity presented itself and 6 months later along with 200 other people was laid off.
Smart people, good culture
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 9, 2018
I worked at Symantec for 1 year out of college. I enjoyed the culture and the opportunity to learn from very intelligent people. I would recommend Symantec.
Like dying a slow death
Senior Manager, Business Intelligence (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 6, 2018
Symantec's culture was once something that drove high employee retention and satisfaction. Over the last 8 years, the company has had 5 different CEOs and leadership teams. With each change, the culture has diminished. The most recent leadership change has brought on a more rapid deterioration of what's left.
Constant Change
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 26, 2018
Company has been in a continuous organizational change mode. Priorities are ever changing, with very little insight from leadership. They do not promote from within.
Not A Good Place
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 25, 2018
It started off as a great place to work but because they wanted to downsize, management decided to move the company out of state and just became a place that was no longer fun to work and it was just work as much as you can and no time to enjoy your work environment.
Good CA approach to development
Senior Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJune 23, 2018
Open minded good experience with multiple sites collaborating. Then came the change, all upper managers were fired and an new crew arrived. Well chaos and bad designs were a part of the "new wave."
Former Employee
Member Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 22, 2018
The hours were flexible I worked three 12 hour days. The former SVP was fantastic but some of the other Department Managers were punishing and unsupportive.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Bad working environment
Moving Target
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 15, 2018
This was culturally a great place to work with many motivated and creative team members. However, the constant layoffs and lack of vision from the upper management for my division made individual success difficult.
Pros
Cons
Lack of direction
Would not recommend
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJune 13, 2018
Corporate culture is the epitome of stifling creativity and innovation. Management behave like robots. I would never recommend working for large corporations unless you do not want any freedom
A company in transition
IT (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 11, 2018
I don't think my experience at Symantec is representative of what the company looks like today. In my year in the organization there were a number of c-level changes which directly impacted my team's objectives and initiatives.
Top company making the most of its Cyber Security assets
Program Manager, Appliance Service Team (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 5, 2018
Loved the business model and loyalty of channel partners
Really understand the importance of Service
Some of the best engineering around
Fantastic cyber security assets
Pros
Brilliant Co workers
Cons
Reorg takes too long
Overall not bad
Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) –  NortheastJune 4, 2018
Company issue was the inability of the company to fully and successfully implement the acquisition of Veritas. This led to difficulty in branding the company, its vision and execution. There were too many responsibilities in selling the whole portfolio.
Pros
Name, oppty
Cons
Management, Vision
terrible
Identity Theft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TX 78550June 1, 2018
low pay, duties constantly changing. everyone hated it there but it was the highest paying job at 8.75 an hour. call centers take your soul away and never give it back
Pros
good co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symantec. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

59out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Symantec.

Powered by Comparably