Symmetry Financial Group

Symmetry Financial Group Job Security & Advancement reviews

United States63 reviews
Good culture but upper management does not follow the same culture they try to build.
SFG was a company that I learned a lot from. There is a lot of opportunity within but they clearly play favorites. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with SFG and gained a lot of experience. The pay scale was not what it needed to be.
Pros
Atmosphere, great employees, flexible work schedule.
Cons
Pay, broken promises, upper management
Flexible work/Life balance and Helping to protect families
I became my own Life insurance agent working for Symmetry financial. The Work/Life balance and compensation is what sold me on this and the integrity of the company is phenominal. I love helping to protect families from the unknown.
Great Career Choice for Self Motivating People
They make it easy to work from home! Tons of opportunities for advancement. They also take the time to recognize their employees as people and not just people they’re paying for work. You don’t get much when it comes to Holiday bonus’. Also, if you’re not the type of person with a drive to succeed, you’re not going to go far.
Pros
Easy to work from home
Cons
you don’t get much when it comes to Holiday bonus’. Also, if you’re not the type of person with a drive to succeed, you’re not going to go far.
Productive, lots of support
Lots of Training, travel, cruses, so much opportunity, life changing, Can provide Financial Freedom, be your own boss. What you put in is what you get out. if Entrepreneurship is what you ever wanted to do this is it.
Pros
Own your own businesses
Cons
if you don't like entrepreneurship, it's not for you.
Great job to have helping people
Awesome position as own boss. Opportunity to help almost anyone when it comes down to life insurance... Being knowledgeable in order to help client with life or mortgage protection
Pros
Can make as little or as much money as you’d like.
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Symmetry made me thrive
I have been working at Symmetry for two years and the company has allowed me to grow professionally. I would say this is the best job I have had so far. I'm allowed some level of autonomy when working with clients which enables me to be creative in how I deal with them. It also makes me feel like I am doing something I love instead of going through some motions to fulfill an obligation.
Pros
Autonomy, Flexible schedule, Employee cohesion.
Cons
Commitment.
Buyer BE ware
i worked for about 6 months for symmetry. My upline lived in the mid west. they told me things that were not true and here they are..

1) purchase leads online, when you purchase a standing order every week it will change your world. It didnt.
I wanted a few counties where i lived and when they put in the request my manager said to me the next day you need more counties just in case. Well my # of leads came from all over the place and out of 175 leads over 6 week period 5-6 were from the county i wanted. so lesson learned, there were 2-3 people in front of me for the leads i was asking for. so lesson learned before you pick your sweet spot counties ask them to find out if those counties are available. This is an abridged version of what happened.

2) my upline manager told me that maybe 1 in a 100 people cancel their policy. mine was 6 out of 10. I continue to owe money bk to the carrier as i write this... $1000s

3) my upline manager before i went with a standing order PROMISED to come and help me in the field for a few days. THAT NEVER HAPPENED and he stopped responding back to me at all...

there is soooo much more but limited space to write. JUST BE AWARE of what you are getting into...

Soured ex-symmetry employee
Fake job!!! Cold calling!!!
I was hired with Symmetry Financial Group after receiving my Insurance License in Life, Health, and Annuities. At first this job seemed to be too good to be true. They provided me with extensive training and that seemed to make the company reputable. However, they were not honest and were extremely misleading regarding compensation and requirements for this job. Upon completing my training I felt confident and was also very excited to get started and start making the money they promised me I would make. My first day I was expecting to be provided a list of leads that would get me started; however, that was not the case. My first day getting started I was trained to sign into a website that would "provide" me with "fresh" leads. THIS IS A LIE!!!! I was then told I have to pay for these leads and I was prompted to pay over $300 for the "fresh" leads which I was stupid enough to do, being told that I would make more money than I spent on the leads. WRONG!!!! THESE ARE NOT LEADS!!! The script they give you for calling these "leads" says they are fresh leads that need calling ASAP and that the leads were actual customers who had filled out a form acquiring for an agent to call them. I paid OVER $300 for only 60 of these "leads" and EVERY SINGLE PERSON I CALLED HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT AND EVERY PERSON SAID THEY HAD NEVER FILLED OUT ANY FORM!!!! This was extremely embarrassing and I definitely felt as if I were invading these people's privacy especially because most of these people were angry I called in the first place and most of them immediately hung up on me after - more...
Pros
Cons
You will lose money instead of making money
Great place to work at!
There a great opportunity self-realization at this company.

There is room for growth careers wise.

Management is supportive and very open to helping whenever needed, and teaches good work ethics.

Co-workers are very supportive and ready to share and learn
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long hours at times, but that is the job I signed for!
False job and career advertising
Salary posted in any job ad is false unless they state 100% commission. The best and most quality leads according to them are weeks if not months old and stale or already sold to some other agency. They don’t pay for you to get licensed, do not have leads in your state, and do not pay for costly CE to keep your license.

I have reported the agency to the NAIC with some consumer complaints and false advertising and false job postings misrepresenting income.
Cons
I would not recomind this company to anyone
Very shady company, there are no rules, everything is fair game, even if that means misleading your agency. when i realized the shady things that were happening it was to late my contracted had been terminated. So my upline could receive all 9 agents of mine, which made him (my upline) qualify for his next promotion. When confronted they said "they didnt mean to, doesn't matter, we can just make it active again, however i wouldn't receive my agent back"
Pros
no pros
Positive Culture Great income - but not a 'get rich fast' type of work.
The work at Symmetry is simple but not hard. The truth of the matter is yes, you have to have a license - but once your licensed you can work at any insurance company - anywhere. You can be licensed in multiple states.

If you buy old leads be prepared to make more calls then if you were to buy the more expensive newer leads. IF you are consistent and disciplined enough, you have the opportunity to make a lot of good money.

But the thing is - you have to be motivated and actually do the work. You get paid on commission with the possibility of commission raises depending on your work ethic every two months.

Very positive culture, very supportive. Sometimes you get a bad seed that sends a negative image but overall you could not work with a better group of people.

Heres how it works.

Sitting knee-cap to kneecap with 10 to 15 families a week will yield in about 6 to 10 applications. Once those are issued and paid you get a deposit straight into your bank within 24 hours of the first premium getting paid. However that means you have to do the work to get there.

The oldest and cheapest leads be prepared to make 3x the phone calls to get 1 appointment. The freshest leads - you'll be able to book much more.

You net income beyond expenses for your business (which is Gas and Leads) you can make about 2500 a week just starting out at the lowest commission level which is 60%.

Symmetry also focuses on self development and personal growth. It's part of the reason why we have such a positive culture.

Also we have a benefit now where Symmetry will pay for
 - more...
Pros
Positive, Great people, good money, flexibility, set your own hours, work/home balance
Cons
must work for yourself, must be self disciplined, no benefits, pure commission which doesn't work for people who do not have a sales personality.
An amazing group of people with the biggest hearts!
This is an insurance company that truly cares about its people. I have more than 30 years in this industry and have horror stories from my past companies and bad experiences before coming to Symmetry. When I first found Symmetry, I thought it was too good to be true so I waited 18 months but watched it and talked with people who I knew who had started with them. My only regret is that I waited to join forces with Symmetry! Never have I seen any company, much less an insurance company, demonstrate such compassion for its people, the communities it serves and the families it touches.
The negative reviews here are from people who either didn't work or those who thought money was going to fall from the sky. There are no participation trophies here! This is a sales position and you MUST be willing to work but the money is wonderful and the opportunity to build a business for your family while protecting people is the best I have seen in all my years in insurance! I have about two years now with Symmetry and have nothing but wonderful things to say about their system and the way the company opens the door for self-improvement.

This is your business and there are costs involved with opening and operating any business. You must be licensed which involves a few dollars but if you opened a retail store, you would have tens of thousands of dollars invested or more before you have a single customer. Here, you can get your license for about $250...
whereelse can you open a business with this much financial security and potential for such a piddly amount of money? Yes, you by - more...
Pros
Freedom to control your income and time, great Mentors and leadership!
Cons
No guarantees but the rewards are there if you are willing to work.
SFG has been the best thing to happen to me and my family!
I started working with SFG in March of 2017 and achieved Agency Owner status in June of 2018! I put in the work and it's greatly paid off. I am in the best financial position than I've ever been in.

The commissions are very stable because of the lead system and I love helping others in the business and making passive income as well.

Best part of SFG is the people and the culture! I'm continuously recruited by other IMOs and I wouldn't leave for anything. I've become a better person because SFG and I am forever grateful.
Love it
Love working here! The work life balance is amazing. You truly get out what you put in. The culture and atmosphere are one of a kind. The focus on leadership development is amazing.
Commission based
This is a strictly commission based business. It is a great opportunity and company to work and partner. However, if one can sustain on a commission bases only then the position is perfect. I was not in the financial position to do so.
expensive job
I paid 4000 per month for my leads and the leads I purchased were recycled to me MANY times and I was constantly told it was a system error. the only error was in deciding to work for symmetry.
Great place to work... If your mentor isn't full of it.
I loved the culture here, however, it quickly became one of my most regrettable decisions to join this company. While on a trip, my best friend was found deceased, while he was away for a wedding. I flew back to comfort his family and told my mentor I would not be available for a few days. He proceeded to call me 3 times at the funeral and the wake, wanting to talk to me. The final straw came when I got back from a wedding myself, and he jokingly said, did anyone die? Do I recommend this company, absolutely..... Just be weary of your mentor.
Pros
Great commission rates, great culture
Cons
Sketchy mentors
Great People and Friendly Atmosphere
I’ve always known that a career in insurance is very rewarding. I love my job. The opportunity that sfglife has provided me with is prodigious. Great team, training and support. Lots of choices, if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you know what you’re worth, this is the place to be. I’m paid what I’m worth. $75,000 income, I’ve been working at sfglife for 2 years as a life insurance field underwriter.
The commission level is also amazing, I get to enjoy the fruits of my hard work. There’s also a collaborative and friendly culture. I'm not required to go to an office. I am in complete control of my own destiny. I get as many leads as I want in the areas that I want to work!

If you’re the type that needs to be micromanaged, then this is not for you. The leadership and support is there but you need to be self-active and responsible for your own success.
Pros
Very rewarding, Collaborative and friendly culture, complete control over my schedule.
Cons
None.
Awesome job
I personally have a good experience working with Asurea. I have learned a great deal about myself as well as the services we provide. I have been able to create something with Asurea that I haven’t been able to create elsewhere.

There isn't a life insurance problem that we can't solve. What we do is build value for our clients, create peace of mind and financial freedom. The family atmosphere has to be one of the best assets for working here. The culture is unmatched. I can honestly say that working with Asurea at the Phoenix area office over these past couple years has changed my life.
Good job
I been working here for almost 1 years as an insurance agent and earn a good income. We are here to genuinely help families with something that they all need. Our office in North Carolina has fundraisers as well as other events that make me feel like being part of Symmetry is being part of a caring organization.! I really enjoy this.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symmetry Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.