Symmetry Financial Group

Symmetry Financial Group Pay & Benefits reviews

United States63 reviews
Solid Business
I'd recommend Symmetry to almost anyone.

Leads are not provided so you'll need to keep that in mind. If you go into this business broke you're going to have a slow start and may fail out quickly because of the lead cost.

You work your own schedule but the most ideal times to work are nights and weekends. Not a great schedule with a family. But you can make it work because you have authority over when you work.

Compensation is 100% commissions. This is great when you make some sales but if you have a bad week or two, you will feel it.

Amazing for anyone looking to challenge themselves and grow personally. Need to be self driven and have above average ambition.
You will be an independent insurance contract so no benefits but you're essentially a business owner (for tax purposes)
Flexible work/Life balance and Helping to protect families
I became my own Life insurance agent working for Symmetry financial. The Work/Life balance and compensation is what sold me on this and the integrity of the company is phenominal. I love helping to protect families from the unknown.
Great Career Choice for Self Motivating People
They make it easy to work from home! Tons of opportunities for advancement. They also take the time to recognize their employees as people and not just people they’re paying for work. You don’t get much when it comes to Holiday bonus’. Also, if you’re not the type of person with a drive to succeed, you’re not going to go far.
Pros
Easy to work from home
Cons
you don’t get much when it comes to Holiday bonus’. Also, if you’re not the type of person with a drive to succeed, you’re not going to go far.
Fake job!!! Cold calling!!!
I was hired with Symmetry Financial Group after receiving my Insurance License in Life, Health, and Annuities. At first this job seemed to be too good to be true. They provided me with extensive training and that seemed to make the company reputable. However, they were not honest and were extremely misleading regarding compensation and requirements for this job. Upon completing my training I felt confident and was also very excited to get started and start making the money they promised me I would make. My first day I was expecting to be provided a list of leads that would get me started; however, that was not the case. My first day getting started I was trained to sign into a website that would "provide" me with "fresh" leads. THIS IS A LIE!!!! I was then told I have to pay for these leads and I was prompted to pay over $300 for the "fresh" leads which I was stupid enough to do, being told that I would make more money than I spent on the leads. WRONG!!!! THESE ARE NOT LEADS!!! The script they give you for calling these "leads" says they are fresh leads that need calling ASAP and that the leads were actual customers who had filled out a form acquiring for an agent to call them. I paid OVER $300 for only 60 of these "leads" and EVERY SINGLE PERSON I CALLED HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT AND EVERY PERSON SAID THEY HAD NEVER FILLED OUT ANY FORM!!!! This was extremely embarrassing and I definitely felt as if I were invading these people's privacy especially because most of these people were angry I called in the first place and most of them immediately hung up on me after - more...
Pros
Cons
You will lose money instead of making money
False job and career advertising
Salary posted in any job ad is false unless they state 100% commission. The best and most quality leads according to them are weeks if not months old and stale or already sold to some other agency. They don’t pay for you to get licensed, do not have leads in your state, and do not pay for costly CE to keep your license.

I have reported the agency to the NAIC with some consumer complaints and false advertising and false job postings misrepresenting income.
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
On your own
This position is largely an "individual" one. While you had support (and in my case great support) with your immediate leader, he/she was typically located out of state.

Interesting lead program: Agents would purchase qualified leads, which would then be resold approx 30 days later at a lower cost. This would lead to competing with your direct colleagues for the same business. Not a great way to build comradery.

No benefits, period--but I knew that going in. 100% commission. Most difficult was easily finding people who actually wanted to purchase. The lead program was misleading, and many who'd fill it out (and we'd subsequently purchase) were under the impression this was a requirement of their lender.
Pros
100% complete freedom. Self made schedule.
Cons
No benefits, no way to properly budget.
Positive Culture Great income - but not a 'get rich fast' type of work.
The work at Symmetry is simple but not hard. The truth of the matter is yes, you have to have a license - but once your licensed you can work at any insurance company - anywhere. You can be licensed in multiple states.

If you buy old leads be prepared to make more calls then if you were to buy the more expensive newer leads. IF you are consistent and disciplined enough, you have the opportunity to make a lot of good money.

But the thing is - you have to be motivated and actually do the work. You get paid on commission with the possibility of commission raises depending on your work ethic every two months.

Very positive culture, very supportive. Sometimes you get a bad seed that sends a negative image but overall you could not work with a better group of people.

Heres how it works.

Sitting knee-cap to kneecap with 10 to 15 families a week will yield in about 6 to 10 applications. Once those are issued and paid you get a deposit straight into your bank within 24 hours of the first premium getting paid. However that means you have to do the work to get there.

The oldest and cheapest leads be prepared to make 3x the phone calls to get 1 appointment. The freshest leads - you'll be able to book much more.

You net income beyond expenses for your business (which is Gas and Leads) you can make about 2500 a week just starting out at the lowest commission level which is 60%.

Symmetry also focuses on self development and personal growth. It's part of the reason why we have such a positive culture.

Also we have a benefit now where Symmetry will pay for
 - more...
Pros
Positive, Great people, good money, flexibility, set your own hours, work/home balance
Cons
must work for yourself, must be self disciplined, no benefits, pure commission which doesn't work for people who do not have a sales personality.
An amazing group of people with the biggest hearts!
This is an insurance company that truly cares about its people. I have more than 30 years in this industry and have horror stories from my past companies and bad experiences before coming to Symmetry. When I first found Symmetry, I thought it was too good to be true so I waited 18 months but watched it and talked with people who I knew who had started with them. My only regret is that I waited to join forces with Symmetry! Never have I seen any company, much less an insurance company, demonstrate such compassion for its people, the communities it serves and the families it touches.
The negative reviews here are from people who either didn't work or those who thought money was going to fall from the sky. There are no participation trophies here! This is a sales position and you MUST be willing to work but the money is wonderful and the opportunity to build a business for your family while protecting people is the best I have seen in all my years in insurance! I have about two years now with Symmetry and have nothing but wonderful things to say about their system and the way the company opens the door for self-improvement.

This is your business and there are costs involved with opening and operating any business. You must be licensed which involves a few dollars but if you opened a retail store, you would have tens of thousands of dollars invested or more before you have a single customer. Here, you can get your license for about $250...whereelse can you open a business with this much financial security and potential for such a piddly amount of money? Yes, you by
 - more...
Pros
Freedom to control your income and time, great Mentors and leadership!
Cons
No guarantees but the rewards are there if you are willing to work.
Great place to Work
Stress-free work environment. A pleasure to work with like-minded individuals. Lots of benefits, Discounts and time-off (personal and vacation). No punching clock - online work login/ logout. No Micro-Managing.
Pros
Good People, Good pay
Cons
Contract driven work
Commision only is the way/Get paid your worth
Work hard and you will play hard. Most people dread the idea of no salary or hourly pay. I considered going back to a 9 to 5 and quickly woke up. You can help protect people and make lots of money while doing so. It's a great atmosphere and environment allows for you to be who you are.
Pros
work life balance
Great People
Good company great people for an individual with some insurance background and that can afford to invest in leads. Commissions aren't as high as some companies offer.
Cons
investin in leads
Good job
I been working here for almost 1 years as an insurance agent and earn a good income. We are here to genuinely help families with something that they all need. Our office in North Carolina has fundraisers as well as other events that make me feel like being part of Symmetry is being part of a caring organization.! I really enjoy this.
Okay, but hard for newcomers to sales.
I love that Symmetry basically allowed me to work on my own schedule from home, but the payoff was not equivilent to the work I put in, and was not friendly to me as a newcomer to sales. My first two weeks, I made no money, even though I put in a couple of hundred dollars just to be able to participate.
Has potential, upbeat individuals
Perhaps if I was better on the phones, I would have enjoyed more. The expectation is 250-300 calls with 12 appts. This is commission only, you pay for your leads, your license etc.
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
phone sales, old leads that you pay for
What a great company with a great culture
Everyone at Symmetry works for themselves. If you want to be lazy, this isn't for you. The business model is simple but the work is challenging. You have to know what you're doing and you have to hustle like you're home will be taken away if you don't.

The compensation is incredible when a sale closes. Leads are generated for you, and the people we reach out to seek us for help. There is no cold calling or outside selling.
Pros
Cons
Nothing-if you are lazy, this isn't for you.