Symmetry Financial Group

Symmetry Financial Group Work-Life Balance reviews

United States63 reviews
Solid Business
I'd recommend Symmetry to almost anyone.

Leads are not provided so you'll need to keep that in mind. If you go into this business broke you're going to have a slow start and may fail out quickly because of the lead cost.

You work your own schedule but the most ideal times to work are nights and weekends. Not a great schedule with a family. But you can make it work because you have authority over when you work.

Compensation is 100% commissions. This is great when you make some sales but if you have a bad week or two, you will feel it.

Amazing for anyone looking to challenge themselves and grow personally. Need to be self driven and have above average ambition. You will be an independent insurance contract so no benefits but you're essentially a business owner (for tax purposes)
Flexible work/Life balance and Helping to protect families
I became my own Life insurance agent working for Symmetry financial. The Work/Life balance and compensation is what sold me on this and the integrity of the company is phenominal. I love helping to protect families from the unknown.
Extremely high hourly pay
Sharing culture and positive workplace. Collaborative environment and Monday thru Friday coaching conference calls to guide and direct in the MANY ways to earn money in this fast paced, partnership oriented company.
Great Career Choice for Self Motivating People
They make it easy to work from home! Tons of opportunities for advancement. They also take the time to recognize their employees as people and not just people they’re paying for work. You don’t get much when it comes to Holiday bonus’. Also, if you’re not the type of person with a drive to succeed, you’re not going to go far.
Pros
Easy to work from home
Cons
you don’t get much when it comes to Holiday bonus’. Also, if you’re not the type of person with a drive to succeed, you’re not going to go far.
Productive, lots of support
Lots of Training, travel, cruses, so much opportunity, life changing, Can provide Financial Freedom, be your own boss. What you put in is what you get out. if Entrepreneurship is what you ever wanted to do this is it.
Pros
Own your own businesses
Cons
if you don't like entrepreneurship, it's not for you.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great job to have helping people
Awesome position as own boss. Opportunity to help almost anyone when it comes down to life insurance... Being knowledgeable in order to help client with life or mortgage protection
Pros
Can make as little or as much money as you’d like.
Symmetry made me thrive
I have been working at Symmetry for two years and the company has allowed me to grow professionally. I would say this is the best job I have had so far. I'm allowed some level of autonomy when working with clients which enables me to be creative in how I deal with them. It also makes me feel like I am doing something I love instead of going through some motions to fulfill an obligation.
Pros
Autonomy, Flexible schedule, Employee cohesion.
Cons
Commitment.
Maybe My Best Job Ever
Pros
Excellent training on products and sales

Wonderful management leadership

Growth and Income opportunities unlimited for high achievers

Manageable workload

Makes it easy to stand out from the competition

Cons

Sometimes long hours.
Big misconception has been the amount of time employees are expected to put in that may interfere with family time.
Great place to work at!
There a great opportunity self-realization at this company.

There is room for growth careers wise.

Management is supportive and very open to helping whenever needed, and teaches good work ethics.

Co-workers are very supportive and ready to share and learn
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Long hours at times, but that is the job I signed for!
Absolutely On YOUR Shoulders
If you are a hard working, driven and motivated person this job very easily could be for you. Being emotionally invested to the company and the position is absolutely pertinent in this job market and there is tons of money to be made in this market. But if you are not driven or have many life interferences than this job can become painful in a way. Not going to an office requires astute individual discipline and a supportive family. The amount of no's you will receive will depend on a few things, your charisma, your drive, and unfortunately, the clientele. If you can push through and go for no, and then go for yes from there, you can easily make 100,000 a year. But if you are in a splintered market, or a market with few newer leads, you might be playing a game of chance that you get leads that have any desire to give you the time of day.
Positive Culture Great income - but not a 'get rich fast' type of work.
The work at Symmetry is simple but not hard. The truth of the matter is yes, you have to have a license - but once your licensed you can work at any insurance company - anywhere. You can be licensed in multiple states.

If you buy old leads be prepared to make more calls then if you were to buy the more expensive newer leads. IF you are consistent and disciplined enough, you have the opportunity to make a lot of good money.

But the thing is - you have to be motivated and actually do the work. You get paid on commission with the possibility of commission raises depending on your work ethic every two months.

Very positive culture, very supportive. Sometimes you get a bad seed that sends a negative image but overall you could not work with a better group of people.

Heres how it works.

Sitting knee-cap to kneecap with 10 to 15 families a week will yield in about 6 to 10 applications. Once those are issued and paid you get a deposit straight into your bank within 24 hours of the first premium getting paid. However that means you have to do the work to get there.

The oldest and cheapest leads be prepared to make 3x the phone calls to get 1 appointment. The freshest leads - you'll be able to book much more.

You net income beyond expenses for your business (which is Gas and Leads) you can make about 2500 a week just starting out at the lowest commission level which is 60%.

Symmetry also focuses on self development and personal growth. It's part of the reason why we have such a positive culture.

Also we have a benefit now where Symmetry will pay for
 - more...
Pros
Positive, Great people, good money, flexibility, set your own hours, work/home balance
Cons
must work for yourself, must be self disciplined, no benefits, pure commission which doesn't work for people who do not have a sales personality.
Good People
I think the culture there is great! It's like one big family and everyone helps each other, as long as you ask for help. What I didn't like about it is that the best time to call people that have sent in the mailer is after 5:00 in the evening when they have gotten home from work, that is also the best time to meet with them.
Pros
Great rewards if you are willing to put in the work
Cons
It wasn't a good work/family life balance for me
Great culture, innovative and attracts successful people
I've been working with this group for 7 months. It's a company culture unlike any I've experienced before. The quality of people and their diverse experience makes for a truly innovative and creative environment. This is not your typical insurance/financial group.
The owners believe in staying connected and are on at least one of the 3 weekly conference calls. They recommend you take advantage of these calls, but they're not mandatory. However, the most successful people in the company share on these calls.... I can learn from the best because they give back to those who are interested. Successful people here are grateful and sincere. It's motivating.

If you are a self-starter, committed to integrity, can deal with issues in a positive way, want to help others (inside and outside the company), and commit to work hard to build your business, this company should be your dream come true. If you consider yourself an "employee" who needs a predetermined set paycheck, go elsewhere. If you need to be held accountable, your manager may do that on request, but not as a rule.
It's your business, not the company's. It comes without strings or franchise fees. But, they make available to you just about everything you'll need to succeed, along with the road map. I only recommend to those who don't need to be managed and are looking for a great opportunity with unlimited potential.
Pros
100% commission. Incredible and proven business system, all training needed at no charge
Cons
100% commission - but leads are available.
Love it
Love working here! The work life balance is amazing. You truly get out what you put in. The culture and atmosphere are one of a kind. The focus on leadership development is amazing.
Commision only is the way/Get paid your worth
Work hard and you will play hard. Most people dread the idea of no salary or hourly pay. I considered going back to a 9 to 5 and quickly woke up. You can help protect people and make lots of money while doing so. It's a great atmosphere and environment allows for you to be who you are.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Great place to work... If your mentor isn't full of it.
I loved the culture here, however, it quickly became one of my most regrettable decisions to join this company. While on a trip, my best friend was found deceased, while he was away for a wedding. I flew back to comfort his family and told my mentor I would not be available for a few days. He proceeded to call me 3 times at the funeral and the wake, wanting to talk to me. The final straw came when I got back from a wedding myself, and he jokingly said, did anyone die? Do I recommend this company, absolutely..... Just be weary of your mentor.
Pros
Great commission rates, great culture
Cons
Sketchy mentors
Awesome job
I personally have a good experience working with Asurea. I have learned a great deal about myself as well as the services we provide. I have been able to create something with Asurea that I haven’t been able to create elsewhere.

There isn't a life insurance problem that we can't solve. What we do is build value for our clients, create peace of mind and financial freedom. The family atmosphere has to be one of the best assets for working here. The culture is unmatched. I can honestly say that working with Asurea at the Phoenix area office over these past couple years has changed my life.
Symmetry is commission only: you earn as much as the work you put in.
Working at Symmetry was very difficult, because it was commission only. this was difficult because I have not learned how to be persuasive enough to make sales, even through leads. If I had gotten better at my persuasion skills, I could have made more.
Fired up to be part of Symmetry!
My life changed 2 Year’s ago when I answered an ad posted for a management position. I never thought it was possible for me and my family to be business owners in such a great and lucrative industry. I’ve spent more time with my family the last 2 Year’s than the previous 8. I’ve also made way more money. Time AND money are the name of the game at Symmetry and I couldn’t be more grateful.
Pros
Time, money, freedom, lifestyle, peace of mind, and much more.
Cons
So happy I found Symmetry Financial!!!
I left the food industry to join Symmetry. I worked an average of 60+ hours a week and saw my family very little during my work days. I never thought I would be in the insurance business but answered an ad for sales out of desperation. It took me a while to get my license because I worked so much but once I did I made more money my 3rd day in selling (which was about 6 hours) than I did in a week at my full time job. Well, after 2 months I decided to go full time and quit my job. Now I make 5 times what I did working my old job! This is the best career move I have ever made. The leaders in the company are incredible people. The company takes a deep interest in the welfare and success of all of their people and I could not feel more fortunate to have partnered my ambitions with a better firm.
Pros
So many things I cant name them all.
Cons
Hard work.
Great Company, Great Culture
Wonderful company. Very grateful to have found Symmetry. The team atmosphere and culture is second to none. The leaders in the company really care about the people and have a strong desire to see everyone succeed.
Pros
Highly paid if you work hard.
Cons
Hard work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symmetry Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.