Symmetry Financial Group

Symmetry Financial Group Employee Reviews for Underwriter

Underwriter6 reviews
United States6 reviews
Recycled Leads with wasted time calling incorrect information of leads
Leads were over 2 to 3 years old but bought them with the notion they were 3 months to a year old. Spent a good deal of time going to the homes of leads without phone numbers listed only to be treated with rudeness for not setting an appointment. One of the leads without a phone number threatened to shoot me if I knocked on his door again and said I was lucky I wasn't shot. Spent too much money working here and made nothing. Lack of support when submitting applications and declined appointments after being accepted. An agent of over 19 years treated like a "newbie" with the knowledge of a newly appointed agent of the state. In order for me to write business, due to my being libeled in 2012, I would have to be employed instead of 1099 employed to obtain a federal bond free offered by the government.
Pros
Continuous Training but over the top for the results achieved.
Cons
Lost money working here .
Extremely high hourly pay
Sharing culture and positive workplace. Collaborative environment and Monday thru Friday coaching conference calls to guide and direct in the MANY ways to earn money in this fast paced, partnership oriented company.
Buyer BE ware
i worked for about 6 months for symmetry. My upline lived in the mid west. they told me things that were not true and here they are..

1) purchase leads online, when you purchase a standing order every week it will change your world. It didnt. I wanted a few counties where i lived and when they put in the request my manager said to me the next day you need more counties just in case. Well my # of leads came from all over the place and out of 175 leads over 6 week period 5-6 were from the county i wanted. so lesson learned, there were 2-3 people in front of me for the leads i was asking for. so lesson learned before you pick your sweet spot counties ask them to find out if those counties are available. This is an abridged version of what happened.

2) my upline manager told me that maybe 1 in a 100 people cancel their policy. mine was 6 out of 10. I continue to owe money bk to the carrier as i write this... $1000s

3) my upline manager before i went with a standing order PROMISED to come and help me in the field for a few days. THAT NEVER HAPPENED and he stopped responding back to me at all...

there is soooo much more but limited space to write. JUST BE AWARE of what you are getting into...

Soured ex-symmetry employee
Good People
I think the culture there is great! It's like one big family and everyone helps each other, as long as you ask for help. What I didn't like about it is that the best time to call people that have sent in the mailer is after 5:00 in the evening when they have gotten home from work, that is also the best time to meet with them.
Pros
Great rewards if you are willing to put in the work
Cons
It wasn't a good work/family life balance for me
Favorites
If you aren't producing the way they expect, you are cast aside. I even heard one of the agency directors made a comment along those lines, about focusing on those that actually appear to make the effort themselves. Rarely did they truly understand how these type of comments influence the performance of other people on the team.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
do your research
math does not work. They make you buy leads you dont want and this is the only consistent monetary thing, weekly charge for leads. The people are nice and more helpful than other imo style companies. However, this system they have is a typical network marketing business model. They are more interested in recruiting than product knowledge. When I went to training it was good! Very similar to all the training I have been through before. When they constantly showed people loosing their homes and other property to be in the business, I should have taken note and said thats what I should expect, see ya later. I stayed, was a top producer at 34k in one month yet only made around 6k........ yeah, math does not work. Lol....... Don't waste your time.
Pros
do what you want
Cons
you do the work of 4 people with the pay of one at minimum wage
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symmetry Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.
Symmetry Financial Group Reviews by Location
Career recommendations for Underwriter
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more