Symmetry Financial Group

Symmetry Financial Group Culture reviews

You can make a lot of money selling the product but the big money is in developing a "down line" of agents under you that you get an over ride on. If you have the stomach to stick to a slightly misleading script and make 250 phone calls per week you will do well here. I fell for the pitch they gave me about the great leads and I expected to be calling people who wanted to talk to me. Not so. The leads I bought were old, and recycled. Some a year old. That's why the slightly misleading high pressure script is needed and almost anything goes as long as you are "helping families." The sales culture is almost cult like and the constant sales meetings over the phone usually feature a successful rep who was eating out of a dumpster and then found Symmetry and now makes $300K a month. I have no doubt that many are making that much.
Pros
Freedom to have your own business and make a great income.
Cons
Bad leads, high pressure script, constant phone dialing
I love Symmetry. It completely changed the direction of my life when I joined 7 years ago. It demands a high level of activity during your week but anyone can succeed if they have a good work ethic. You must be driven to succeed and be coachable. Typically, if someone does not succeed, it can be traced back to not dialing the phone enough to get appointments. Once appointments are set, the sales are actually quite easy in the new virtual sales system. When you start out, be prepared to make 300+ dials per week if you are full-time. But most agents after a few months can succeed off of 100-150 dials per week. The money you can make here is unreal and if you can learn to teach others than the income grows each and every month. Come for the money and stay for the culture!
Pros
All virtual sales, great lead system, great mentoring, high commissions.
Cons
It does take a lot of dialing of the phone. But totally worth it.
Symmetry has changed my life in so many ways. I love the group I am surrounded by as we always lift each other up to be the best versions of ourselves everyday. This is hard to find anywhere else. The culture here is like no other. We are a family who loves helping each other and our clients.
Pros
income
Sharing culture and positive workplace. Collaborative environment and Monday thru Friday coaching conference calls to guide and direct in the MANY ways to earn money in this fast paced, partnership oriented company.
The work at Symmetry is simple but not hard. The truth of the matter is yes, you have to have a license - but once your licensed you can work at any insurance company - anywhere. You can be licensed in multiple states. If you buy old leads be prepared to make more calls then if you were to buy the more expensive newer leads. IF you are consistent and disciplined enough, you have the opportunity to make a lot of good money. But the thing is - you have to be motivated and actually do the work. You get paid on commission with the possibility of commission raises depending on your work ethic every two months. Very positive culture, very supportive. Sometimes you get a bad seed that sends a negative image but overall you could not work with a better group of people. Heres how it works. Sitting knee-cap to kneecap with 10 to 15 families a week will yield in about 6 to 10 applications. Once those are issued and paid you get a deposit straight into your bank within 24 hours of the first premium getting paid. However that means you have to do the work to get there. The oldest and cheapest leads be prepared to make 3x the phone calls to get 1 appointment. The freshest leads - you'll be able to book much more. You net income beyond expenses for your business (which is Gas and Leads) you can make about 2500 a week just starting out at the lowest commission level which is 60%. Symmetry also focuses on self development and personal growth. It's part of the reason why we have such a positive culture. Also we have a benefit now where Symmetry will pay for - more...
Pros
Positive, Great people, good money, flexibility, set your own hours, work/home balance
Cons
must work for yourself, must be self disciplined, no benefits, pure commission which doesn't work for people who do not have a sales personality.
I think the culture there is great! It's like one big family and everyone helps each other, as long as you ask for help. What I didn't like about it is that the best time to call people that have sent in the mailer is after 5:00 in the evening when they have gotten home from work, that is also the best time to meet with them.
Pros
Great rewards if you are willing to put in the work
Cons
It wasn't a good work/family life balance for me
I've been working with this group for 7 months. It's a company culture unlike any I've experienced before. The quality of people and their diverse experience makes for a truly innovative and creative environment. This is not your typical insurance/financial group. The owners believe in staying connected and are on at least one of the 3 weekly conference calls. They recommend you take advantage of these calls, but they're not mandatory. However, the most successful people in the company share on these calls.... I can learn from the best because they give back to those who are interested. Successful people here are grateful and sincere. It's motivating. If you are a self-starter, committed to integrity, can deal with issues in a positive way, want to help others (inside and outside the company), and commit to work hard to build your business, this company should be your dream come true. If you consider yourself an "employee" who needs a predetermined set paycheck, go elsewhere. If you need to be held accountable, your manager may do that on request, but not as a rule. It's your business, not the company's. It comes without strings or franchise fees. But, they make available to you just about everything you'll need to succeed, along with the road map. I only recommend to those who don't need to be managed and are looking for a great opportunity with unlimited potential.
Pros
100% commission. Incredible and proven business system, all training needed at no charge
Cons
100% commission - but leads are available.
I started working with SFG in March of 2017 and achieved Agency Owner status in June of 2018! I put in the work and it's greatly paid off. I am in the best financial position than I've ever been in. The commissions are very stable because of the lead system and I love helping others in the business and making passive income as well. Best part of SFG is the people and the culture! I'm continuously recruited by other IMOs and I wouldn't leave for anything. I've become a better person because SFG and I am forever grateful.
Love working here! The work life balance is amazing. You truly get out what you put in. The culture and atmosphere are one of a kind. The focus on leadership development is amazing.
I loved the culture here, however, it quickly became one of my most regrettable decisions to join this company. While on a trip, my best friend was found deceased, while he was away for a wedding. I flew back to comfort his family and told my mentor I would not be available for a few days. He proceeded to call me 3 times at the funeral and the wake, wanting to talk to me. The final straw came when I got back from a wedding myself, and he jokingly said, did anyone die? Do I recommend this company, absolutely..... Just be weary of your mentor.
Pros
Great commission rates, great culture
Cons
Sketchy mentors
Very supportive. They provide the tools and allow each agent to set goals and achieve them, Accountability and coaching calls each week to stay focused.
Pros
Independent and self generated
Cons
remote
I’ve always known that a career in insurance is very rewarding. I love my job. The opportunity that sfglife has provided me with is prodigious. Great team, training and support. Lots of choices, if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you know what you’re worth, this is the place to be. I’m paid what I’m worth. $75,000 income, I’ve been working at sfglife for 2 years as a life insurance field underwriter. The commission level is also amazing, I get to enjoy the fruits of my hard work. There’s also a collaborative and friendly culture. I'm not required to go to an office. I am in complete control of my own destiny. I get as many leads as I want in the areas that I want to work! If you’re the type that needs to be micromanaged, then this is not for you. The leadership and support is there but you need to be self-active and responsible for your own success.
Pros
Very rewarding, Collaborative and friendly culture, complete control over my schedule.
Cons
None.
I personally have a good experience working with Asurea. I have learned a great deal about myself as well as the services we provide. I have been able to create something with Asurea that I haven’t been able to create elsewhere. There isn't a life insurance problem that we can't solve. What we do is build value for our clients, create peace of mind and financial freedom. The family atmosphere has to be one of the best assets for working here. The culture is unmatched. I can honestly say that working with Asurea at the Phoenix area office over these past couple years has changed my life.
Management support is outstanding-Training and growth is good a lot of training materials available - added support with individual carriers Requires a fortitude
Pros
Training & Support
Cons
requires perpetual lead purchases
Wonderful company. Very grateful to have found Symmetry. The team atmosphere and culture is second to none. The leaders in the company really care about the people and have a strong desire to see everyone succeed.
Pros
Highly paid if you work hard.
Cons
Hard work.
Symmetry has a great culture and supplies mentors to help new agents achieve success. There are tons of learning tools and management is a phone call away.
Great place to build your own business while balancing your work/home life. Great support system. Excellent lead program.
Good mgmt and culture. Very helpful and caring individuals/associates you can bounce ideas off of. I enjoyed the autonomy of this position.
You have to have the drive to be successful and the outcome will pay off. The atmosphere is positive and they encourage success. I would recommend if you like the insurance business.
Great company to work in. Productive culture with amazing support from co-workers and supervisors. Two line of communication makes it easy to pass information throughout the organization.
Gives you everything you need to be successful, and grow your business. The ones who fail are the ones who try it alone. Always edify your manager and reach out to them with anything you need.