Symmetry Financial Group

Symmetry Financial Group Employee Reviews

United States63 reviews
Solid Business
I'd recommend Symmetry to almost anyone.

Leads are not provided so you'll need to keep that in mind. If you go into this business broke you're going to have a slow start and may fail out quickly because of the lead cost.

You work your own schedule but the most ideal times to work are nights and weekends. Not a great schedule with a family. But you can make it work because you have authority over when you work.

Compensation is 100% commissions. This is great when you make some sales but if you have a bad week or two, you will feel it.

Amazing for anyone looking to challenge themselves and grow personally. Need to be self driven and have above average ambition. You will be an independent insurance contract so no benefits but you're essentially a business owner (for tax purposes)
Good People
I think the culture there is great! It's like one big family and everyone helps each other, as long as you ask for help. What I didn't like about it is that the best time to call people that have sent in the mailer is after 5:00 in the evening when they have gotten home from work, that is also the best time to meet with them.
Pros
Great rewards if you are willing to put in the work
Cons
It wasn't a good work/family life balance for me
Favorites
If you aren't producing the way they expect, you are cast aside. I even heard one of the agency directors made a comment along those lines, about focusing on those that actually appear to make the effort themselves. Rarely did they truly understand how these type of comments influence the performance of other people on the team.
Great culture, innovative and attracts successful people
I've been working with this group for 7 months. It's a company culture unlike any I've experienced before. The quality of people and their diverse experience makes for a truly innovative and creative environment. This is not your typical insurance/financial group.
The owners believe in staying connected and are on at least one of the 3 weekly conference calls. They recommend you take advantage of these calls, but they're not mandatory. However, the most successful people in the company share on these calls.... I can learn from the best because they give back to those who are interested. Successful people here are grateful and sincere. It's motivating.

If you are a self-starter, committed to integrity, can deal with issues in a positive way, want to help others (inside and outside the company), and commit to work hard to build your business, this company should be your dream come true. If you consider yourself an "employee" who needs a predetermined set paycheck, go elsewhere. If you need to be held accountable, your manager may do that on request, but not as a rule.

It's your business, not the company's. It comes without strings or franchise fees. But, they make available to you just about everything you'll need to succeed, along with the road map. I only recommend to those who don't need to be managed and are looking for a great opportunity with unlimited potential.
Pros
100% commission. Incredible and proven business system, all training needed at no charge
Cons
100% commission - but leads are available.
An amazing group of people with the biggest hearts!
This is an insurance company that truly cares about its people. I have more than 30 years in this industry and have horror stories from my past companies and bad experiences before coming to Symmetry. When I first found Symmetry, I thought it was too good to be true so I waited 18 months but watched it and talked with people who I knew who had started with them. My only regret is that I waited to join forces with Symmetry! Never have I seen any company, much less an insurance company, demonstrate such compassion for its people, the communities it serves and the families it touches.
The negative reviews here are from people who either didn't work or those who thought money was going to fall from the sky. There are no participation trophies here! This is a sales position and you MUST be willing to work but the money is wonderful and the opportunity to build a business for your family while protecting people is the best I have seen in all my years in insurance! I have about two years now with Symmetry and have nothing but wonderful things to say about their system and the way the company opens the door for self-improvement.

This is your business and there are costs involved with opening and operating any business. You must be licensed which involves a few dollars but if you opened a retail store, you would have tens of thousands of dollars invested or more before you have a single customer. Here, you can get your license for about $250...whereelse can you open a business with this much financial security and potential for such a piddly amount of money? Yes, you by
 - more...
Pros
Freedom to control your income and time, great Mentors and leadership!
Cons
No guarantees but the rewards are there if you are willing to work.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
SFG has been the best thing to happen to me and my family!
I started working with SFG in March of 2017 and achieved Agency Owner status in June of 2018! I put in the work and it's greatly paid off. I am in the best financial position than I've ever been in.

The commissions are very stable because of the lead system and I love helping others in the business and making passive income as well.

Best part of SFG is the people and the culture! I'm continuously recruited by other IMOs and I wouldn't leave for anything. I've become a better person because SFG and I am forever grateful.
Love it
Love working here! The work life balance is amazing. You truly get out what you put in. The culture and atmosphere are one of a kind. The focus on leadership development is amazing.
do your research
math does not work. They make you buy leads you dont want and this is the only consistent monetary thing, weekly charge for leads. The people are nice and more helpful than other imo style companies. However, this system they have is a typical network marketing business model. They are more interested in recruiting than product knowledge. When I went to training it was good! Very similar to all the training I have been through before. When they constantly showed people loosing their homes and other property to be in the business, I should have taken note and said thats what I should expect, see ya later. I stayed, was a top producer at 34k in one month yet only made around 6k........ yeah, math does not work. Lol....... Don't waste your time.
Pros
do what you want
Cons
you do the work of 4 people with the pay of one at minimum wage
Commission based
This is a strictly commission based business. It is a great opportunity and company to work and partner. However, if one can sustain on a commission bases only then the position is perfect. I was not in the financial position to do so.
Great place to Work
Stress-free work environment. A pleasure to work with like-minded individuals. Lots of benefits, Discounts and time-off (personal and vacation). No punching clock - online work login/ logout. No Micro-Managing.
Pros
Good People, Good pay
Cons
Contract driven work
expensive job
I paid 4000 per month for my leads and the leads I purchased were recycled to me MANY times and I was constantly told it was a system error. the only error was in deciding to work for symmetry.
Commision only is the way/Get paid your worth
Work hard and you will play hard. Most people dread the idea of no salary or hourly pay. I considered going back to a 9 to 5 and quickly woke up. You can help protect people and make lots of money while doing so. It's a great atmosphere and environment allows for you to be who you are.
Pros
work life balance
Great People
Good company great people for an individual with some insurance background and that can afford to invest in leads. Commissions aren't as high as some companies offer.
Cons
investin in leads
Great place to work... If your mentor isn't full of it.
I loved the culture here, however, it quickly became one of my most regrettable decisions to join this company. While on a trip, my best friend was found deceased, while he was away for a wedding. I flew back to comfort his family and told my mentor I would not be available for a few days. He proceeded to call me 3 times at the funeral and the wake, wanting to talk to me. The final straw came when I got back from a wedding myself, and he jokingly said, did anyone die? Do I recommend this company, absolutely..... Just be weary of your mentor.
Pros
Great commission rates, great culture
Cons
Sketchy mentors
Professional and supportive
Very supportive. They provide the tools and allow each agent to set goals and achieve them, Accountability and coaching calls each week to stay focused.
Pros
Independent and self generated
Cons
remote
Great People and Friendly Atmosphere
I’ve always known that a career in insurance is very rewarding. I love my job. The opportunity that sfglife has provided me with is prodigious. Great team, training and support. Lots of choices, if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you know what you’re worth, this is the place to be. I’m paid what I’m worth. $75,000 income, I’ve been working at sfglife for 2 years as a life insurance field underwriter.
The commission level is also amazing, I get to enjoy the fruits of my hard work. There’s also a collaborative and friendly culture. I'm not required to go to an office. I am in complete control of my own destiny. I get as many leads as I want in the areas that I want to work!

If you’re the type that needs to be micromanaged, then this is not for you. The leadership and support is there but you need to be self-active and responsible for your own success.
Pros
Very rewarding, Collaborative and friendly culture, complete control over my schedule.
Cons
None.
Awesome job
I personally have a good experience working with Asurea. I have learned a great deal about myself as well as the services we provide. I have been able to create something with Asurea that I haven’t been able to create elsewhere.

There isn't a life insurance problem that we can't solve. What we do is build value for our clients, create peace of mind and financial freedom. The family atmosphere has to be one of the best assets for working here. The culture is unmatched. I can honestly say that working with Asurea at the Phoenix area office over these past couple years has changed my life.
Good job
I been working here for almost 1 years as an insurance agent and earn a good income. We are here to genuinely help families with something that they all need. Our office in North Carolina has fundraisers as well as other events that make me feel like being part of Symmetry is being part of a caring organization.! I really enjoy this.
Excellent culture - self development is primary
Management support is outstanding-Training and growth is good
a lot of training materials available - added support with individual carriers

Requires a fortitude
Pros
Training & Support
Cons
requires perpetual lead purchases
Helpful in building your own job opportunities.
As any commission based job it depends on you all the time. Management is non-present, in the sense that being a national company your direct line may be in MA, so back up and control of every day activities is difficult, which makes it harder for individuals that need a structure to function.
The most enjoyable part is that you are artifice of your own time and business, but it comes at its costs.
Symmetry is commission only: you earn as much as the work you put in.
Working at Symmetry was very difficult, because it was commission only. this was difficult because I have not learned how to be persuasive enough to make sales, even through leads. If I had gotten better at my persuasion skills, I could have made more.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symmetry Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.