Symmetry Financial Group Employee Reviews

Multi Level Marketing
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 19, 2019
You can make a lot of money selling the product but the big money is in developing a "down line" of agents under you that you get an over ride on. If you have the stomach to stick to a slightly misleading script and make 250 phone calls per week you will do well here. I fell for the pitch they gave me about the great leads and I expected to be calling people who wanted to talk to me. Not so. The leads I bought were old, and recycled. Some a year old. That's why the slightly misleading high pressure script is needed and almost anything goes as long as you are "helping families." The sales culture is almost cult like and the constant sales meetings over the phone usually feature a successful rep who was eating out of a dumpster and then found Symmetry and now makes $300K a month. I have no doubt that many are making that much.
Pros
Freedom to have your own business and make a great income.
Cons
Bad leads, high pressure script, constant phone dialing
Good People
FIELD UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Northern CaliforniaFebruary 14, 2019
I think the culture there is great! It's like one big family and everyone helps each other, as long as you ask for help. What I didn't like about it is that the best time to call people that have sent in the mailer is after 5:00 in the evening when they have gotten home from work, that is also the best time to meet with them.
Pros
Great rewards if you are willing to put in the work
Cons
It wasn't a good work/family life balance for me
Favorites
Licensed Field Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCFebruary 14, 2019
If you aren't producing the way they expect, you are cast aside. I even heard one of the agency directors made a comment along those lines, about focusing on those that actually appear to make the effort themselves. Rarely did they truly understand how these type of comments influence the performance of other people on the team.
Great culture, innovative and attracts successful people
Financial Consultant - Broker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 13, 2019
I've been working with this group for 7 months. It's a company culture unlike any I've experienced before. The quality of people and their diverse experience makes for a truly innovative and creative environment. This is not your typical insurance/financial group.
The owners believe in staying connected and are on at least one of the 3 weekly conference calls. They recommend you take advantage of these calls, but they're not mandatory. However, the most successful people in the company share on these calls.... I can learn from the best because they give back to those who are interested. Successful people here are grateful and sincere. It's motivating.
If you are a self-starter, committed to integrity, can deal with issues in a positive way, want to help others (inside and outside the company), and commit to work hard to build your business, this company should be your dream come true. If you consider yourself an "employee" who needs a predetermined set paycheck, go elsewhere. If you need to be held accountable, your manager may do that on request, but not as a rule.
It's your business, not the company's. It comes without strings or franchise fees. But, they make available to you just about everything you'll need to succeed, along with the road map. I only recommend to those who don't need to be managed and are looking for a great opportunity with unlimited potential.
Pros
100% commission. Incredible and proven business system, all training needed at no charge
Cons
100% commission - but leads are available.
Great company if associated with the right agency
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  NJ/PAFebruary 2, 2019
Being associated with and being comfortable with the right agency is important for success. The culture from the top is awesome. Majority of people at all levels are willing to assist you, regardless of where you are at in your development, or where you are located. There are more amazing and successful stories, then there are failures. If you are willing to put in the time, you can achieve some amazing financial success.
Pros
Company culture. Majority of people are extremely helpful.
Cons
Commission-based and not easy to switch agencies, within the organization.
Lots of autonomy
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Great team and super learning experience. You are incharge of your destiny here. You will get out of it what you put in it. Top priority is that you must want to really help your clients.
Its a great place to work.
Insurance Agent/Field Underwriter/Hiring Manager (Current Employee) –  Satellite Beach, FLJanuary 30, 2019
I think Symmetry is a good place to work and there is a good amount of room for advancement. You must be a self starter and be able to stay motivated.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Making outbound calls
An amazing group of people with the biggest hearts!
Key Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2019
This is an insurance company that truly cares about its people. I have more than 30 years in this industry and have horror stories from my past companies and bad experiences before coming to Symmetry. When I first found Symmetry, I thought it was too good to be true so I waited 18 months but watched it and talked with people who I knew who had started with them. My only regret is that I waited to join forces with Symmetry! Never have I seen any company, much less an insurance company, demonstrate such compassion for its people, the communities it serves and the families it touches.
The negative reviews here are from people who either didn't work or those who thought money was going to fall from the sky. There are no participation trophies here! This is a sales position and you MUST be willing to work but the money is wonderful and the opportunity to build a business for your family while protecting people is the best I have seen in all my years in insurance! I have about two years now with Symmetry and have nothing but wonderful things to say about their system and the way the company opens the door for self-improvement.
This is your business and there are costs involved with opening and operating any business. You must be licensed which involves a few dollars but if you opened a retail store, you would have tens of thousands of dollars invested or more before you have a single customer. Here, you can get your license for about $250...whereelse can you open a business with this much financial security and potential for such a piddly amount of money? Yes, you by
  more... leads but only if you want to...but you have to have people to see so either buy leads or pester all of your friends and neighbors (see how far that gets you!). Buying leads is the best way to have people to see so you can make your living. A retail store has ongoing expenses like labor costs, electricity, water, heating and cooling, inventory, trash, and sewer, etc. For heaven's sake, this is a business and there are small costs associated with it but the income you generate is many times the costs so they are paid for by your efforts and sales.
Following your Mentor is the best way to grow and get better in your new career. Mentors are very different for this company over any other insurance company and their purpose is to help you transition into this new career. It is up to you to follow your Mentor as we do not force our will on anyone. We actually treat you like an adult so if you want to be successful to Symmetry level, you will seek the guidance of your Mentor rather than wait for your Mentor to track you down...we just don't do that! If you need babysitting and hand-holding and can't follow us so you can learn and grow, you probably aren't the right fit for this wonderful opportunity If you want to succeed, you will do your best to follow the example of your Mentor...simple as that!
Most other insurance companies will require you to make a list of 200 to 300 family and friends, church members and acquaintances so your "trainer" has people to present to under the guise of training you. The funny thing is that once your list has been seen, you are magically deemed "trained" and he moves on to the next new recruit and you don't have enough knowledge to support yourself. What you do have is a group of mad relatives and friends and your "trainer" is now working with the next "super-star". Symmetry doesn't do this!
The ways other insurance companies train and work will not align with the way Symmetry trains and works so you must be willing to do it our way if you want our type of success. If you are new to insurance, our Mentor program helps you learn how to do this and make money.
Where else can you go and be in control of your future? Punching a clock at a J-O-B to build someone else's dreams is what you have been taught to do but that is anything but certain or safe. With Symmetry, if you want time off simply check your bank account to see if you have enough money to take time away...if you do, go have fun...if you don't, get back to work and make the money you need to have fun. If you want a raise or have your eye on a new car, do the math to see how many additional policies you must sell to buy what you want or make the additional money you desire...YOU are in control, not some boss.
Do not let a couple of negative remarks from people you don't know stop you from pursuing your own business and a fantastic future with Symmetry. I would never consider leaving and only wish I had acted sooner to move to Symmetry Financial Group! My future is in my control and I can build a business that will continue to pay me for the rest of my life no matter how much time I put in each week. In December, I earned more than $70,000...income in one check to me on my personal efforts, no over-rides from anyone else, just me. If I can do this in less than two years, anyone with a positive mind and willing to learn can do it too!
Pros
Freedom to control your income and time, great Mentors and leadership!
Cons
No guarantees but the rewards are there if you are willing to work.
SFG has been the best thing to happen to me and my family!
Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 27, 2019
I started working with SFG in March of 2017 and achieved Agency Owner status in June of 2018! I put in the work and it's greatly paid off. I am in the best financial position than I've ever been in.

The commissions are very stable because of the lead system and I love helping others in the business and making passive income as well.

Best part of SFG is the people and the culture! I'm continuously recruited by other IMOs and I wouldn't leave for anything. I've become a better person because SFG and I am forever grateful.
Love it
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 23, 2019
Love working here! The work life balance is amazing. You truly get out what you put in. The culture and atmosphere are one of a kind. The focus on leadership development is amazing.
do your research
Field Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 14, 2019
math does not work. They make you buy leads you dont want and this is the only consistent monetary thing, weekly charge for leads. The people are nice and more helpful than other imo style companies. However, this system they have is a typical network marketing business model. They are more interested in recruiting than product knowledge. When I went to training it was good! Very similar to all the training I have been through before. When they constantly showed people loosing their homes and other property to be in the business, I should have taken note and said thats what I should expect, see ya later. I stayed, was a top producer at 34k in one month yet only made around 6k........ yeah, math does not work. Lol....... Don't waste your time.
Pros
do what you want
Cons
you do the work of 4 people with the pay of one at minimum wage
Commission based
insurance agent (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 10, 2019
This is a strictly commission based business. It is a great opportunity and company to work and partner. However, if one can sustain on a commission bases only then the position is perfect. I was not in the financial position to do so.
Great place to Work
Life insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2018
Stress-free work environment. A pleasure to work with like-minded individuals. Lots of benefits, Discounts and time-off (personal and vacation). No punching clock - online work login/ logout. No Micro-Managing.
Pros
Good People, Good pay
Cons
Contract driven work
expensive job
Life Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 25, 2018
I paid 4000 per month for my leads and the leads I purchased were recycled to me MANY times and I was constantly told it was a system error. the only error was in deciding to work for symmetry.
Commision only is the way/Get paid your worth
Licensed Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2018
Work hard and you will play hard. Most people dread the idea of no salary or hourly pay. I considered going back to a 9 to 5 and quickly woke up. You can help protect people and make lots of money while doing so. It's a great atmosphere and environment allows for you to be who you are.
Pros
work life balance
Great People
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 2, 2018
Good company great people for an individual with some insurance background and that can afford to invest in leads. Commissions aren't as high as some companies offer.
Cons
investin in leads
Great place to work... If your mentor isn't full of it.
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2018
I loved the culture here, however, it quickly became one of my most regrettable decisions to join this company. While on a trip, my best friend was found deceased, while he was away for a wedding. I flew back to comfort his family and told my mentor I would not be available for a few days. He proceeded to call me 3 times at the funeral and the wake, wanting to talk to me. The final straw came when I got back from a wedding myself, and he jokingly said, did anyone die? Do I recommend this company, absolutely..... Just be weary of your mentor.
Pros
Great commission rates, great culture
Cons
Sketchy mentors
Professional and supportive
Independent Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 11, 2018
Very supportive. They provide the tools and allow each agent to set goals and achieve them, Accountability and coaching calls each week to stay focused.
Pros
Independent and self generated
Cons
remote
Great People and Friendly Atmosphere
Life Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Swannanoa, North CarolinaSeptember 27, 2018
I’ve always known that a career in insurance is very rewarding. I love my job. The opportunity that sfglife has provided me with is prodigious. Great team, training and support. Lots of choices, if you have an entrepreneurial spirit and you know what you’re worth, this is the place to be. I’m paid what I’m worth. $75,000 income, I’ve been working at sfglife for 2 years as a life insurance field underwriter.
The commission level is also amazing, I get to enjoy the fruits of my hard work. There’s also a collaborative and friendly culture. I'm not required to go to an office. I am in complete control of my own destiny. I get as many leads as I want in the areas that I want to work!

If you’re the type that needs to be micromanaged, then this is not for you. The leadership and support is there but you need to be self-active and responsible for your own success.
Pros
Very rewarding, Collaborative and friendly culture, complete control over my schedule.
Cons
None.
Awesome job
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 4, 2018
I personally have a good experience working with Asurea. I have learned a great deal about myself as well as the services we provide. I have been able to create something with Asurea that I haven’t been able to create elsewhere.

There isn't a life insurance problem that we can't solve. What we do is build value for our clients, create peace of mind and financial freedom. The family atmosphere has to be one of the best assets for working here. The culture is unmatched. I can honestly say that working with Asurea at the Phoenix area office over these past couple years has changed my life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symmetry Financial Group. Our community is ready to answer.