Symphony Post Acute Network Employee Reviews

Good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILMarch 20, 2018
The residents made my job awesome! The work of course is continuous and non stop, but it is over all a good experience. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the residents and one passes away.
Cons
not evryone is going to care as much as you do
Fast paced and friendly environment
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILMarch 16, 2018
There is plenty of room for advancement and you will love the people you work with. Unfortunately HR makes you feel that they are there for the company and not you considering the HR and the administrator are related. Because of this it is very hard to tell HR anything because she always has the administrator in there with her.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Accrued vacation days
Honest review
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILMarch 2, 2018
Most low funded facilities aren’t good quality, which is typical. Symphony at Aria does have many employees who have stayed more than 5 years, but some people get comfortable and settle for certain things. Some may be happy as well. Worked morning and night shift. Memory Care units should not have double rooms nor alert long term patients on its unit. Many employees are in their own cliques, and the older Resident Assistants tease/go against the younger ones. Human Resources is a wonderful department, and works very hard on having a reliable team (all departments). Linens are locked in a basement, so RAs would have to get key from nurse to be able to stock supplies for residents. This is a great place for new Certified Nursing Assistants, because it can be heavy at times and they’ll learn how to adapt in hectic situations.
Pros
Human Resources, flexible with students
Cons
Patient ratio, resident/patient meals, staff
Great Family Atmophere
Vice President, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILFebruary 27, 2018
Working in nursing homes is not easy, but when it is like working with Family at least it is fun. The people are great and so are the residents!!!!!!
Pros
Great People
Cons
Hard Work
Symphony at 87th st.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2018
People know to avoid being on welfare you need to work, but because so many hypocritical, doubtful,hateful people i was fired on my 1st day, people would rather see me starve,than take care of myself by making a living.
Pros
Im able to make 86.25 per day to take care of myself.But the staff feels my skin is too dark.
Cons
My cna orientator, adminstrator, and hr manager probably have substance abuse problems
worst cna job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterton, INFebruary 14, 2018
hands down most horrible place to work. mandation on top of going on call 2x a week. the most awful management system I have seen in any job, not just health care. Zero appreciation. Patient overload. patient acquity high. unsafe workplace. don't be fooled by the new building and starbucks.
High Ratios
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 14, 2018
High patient to nurse ratio. Very heavy workload. There was favoritism. Favorite nurses would get very light workload maybe 16 low acuity patients while other nurse on same floor had 26 patients with a high acuity. Management was not helpful. Do NOT accept a salary for full time. You'll end up working 50+hours. Some nurses were nice to work with and helpful but the majority were rude, cold, and definitely ate their young. If I could go back I never would have worked here. I certainly wouldn't put a family member here either.
Do not work here!
Former Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 6, 2018
I worked for Symphony in Buffalo Grove,IL location as a nurse. Do not work here. Management is not professional, they have favoritism and do not treat staff with fairness. The nursing supervisor in the evening sits in her office talking on her cell phone most of the time, gets mad if nurses ask “stupid” questions. The nursing supervisor is easily hot tempered and only does the bare minimum in helping the floor nurses. They give a hard time if you call in even if you’re the type of person that doesn’t call in unless it’s urgent. Watch out in working here, you deserve to work somewhere else in a better working environment.
Cons
Favoritism, Low pay, Poor management
Everyone is family
Management (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 25, 2018
Everyone is treated like an extension of family from the residents to the staff. Very enjoyable place to work. All of the staff work very hard and it shows by the care they give.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Learn a lot but they will burn you out
Director of Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 2, 2018
A very good learning experience, very high turnover. You are not micro managed but you are expected to work 10 hour days and not have lunch, the job was very rewarding but did not have weekends.
Pros
Rewarding, pay
Cons
No lunch or weekends, expected to run around all day
Treated like garbage
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croen Point, indianaJanuary 1, 2018
CAN workers are treat like dogs. Management is unorganized and they do not know how to schedule properly. It's run poorly.

You do not get paid enough and they do not care when you loose yiur husband to suicide, they just care about themselves.
Love my job
Administration (Current Employee) –  Belvidere, ILDecember 29, 2017
Been there for 3 years and i drive 35 mins to get there because the people i work with are amazing! The residents are like family. I enjoy the fun work environment and being able to help in any way possible! Great team work!
Pros
Treated like family ❤️
They suck
EX EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 25, 2017
It was not a enjoyable place to work for. Always short staffed and never had the tools that I needed to be successful. Dont waist your time here. Overall it really really sucks.
Pros
Non
Cons
They suck
Worst place ever worked
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 10, 2017
Horrible management
Work hours were unrealistic
Favoritism
High turn around
Three managers for one department and a Vice President. Too worried about their title then treating employees properly
Pros
Pay is good
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILDecember 7, 2017
I worked here for 2 years. Management is terrible, they walk passed call lights. But will hold inservices saying it's "everyone's job to answer the lights". I had many days where I had the hall to myself and the most people down the hall were 20 patients. In the 2 years I worked here I maybe got a lunch break 10 times I'm the actual break room. No one cares if you take your lunch or not, but they will when you start writing the pink slips. A few of the CNAs are what kept me here longer. But as stated before get clickey like management. And they need someone who has experience with scheduling because we were always all over the place. And if we had a call off we were SOL.
Pros
Most of the CNAs and staff
Cons
Management, scheduling
Sad Symphony
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 29, 2017
The management doesn't care about its staff or residents. Usually we're so short that we would have 2 halls to one CNA. They also dont pay out the bonuses unless you remind them! Better off going to work at a prison.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything Else
Wouldnt reccomend to anyone
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INOctober 28, 2017
This is a horrible facility. I worked there as a dietary aide for over a year and it was miserable to say the least. People not taken care of properly.
Terrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company. They are very unprofessional and have a high turnover of employees. They lack the proper materials to do the job correctly and are often short staffed. Management is a joke and can't be taken seriously,because the rules change daily. Overall this place is a dump. If your looking for employment please don't waste your time with any of these symphony facilities.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
very poor place to work for
Accounts Receivable Associate (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILOctober 17, 2017
the hardest part of the job was the managers had no ideal from day to day on what you were going to do and had you all over the place, making it very hard to do your job, I have been with symphony for 7 month and they have hired 17 people after me because they either quit or get fired. not a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
never n know from day to day if you were going to have a job.
Worst place ever
Nursing staff (Former Employee) –  3 monthsSeptember 7, 2017
You work your shift, somebody does not come in, your mandated, you go home, get 4 hours sleep then have to be back for your shift. Then you have to sign up 2 days a week to work more. Total turnover is about every 2 months. Was passed up for a promised advancement due to somebody's friend for the position. If there were less than one star rating to give, I would have. Worst place I have ever worked at.
Pros
Cons
work, work, work, not appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symphony Post Acute Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4