Symphony Post Acute Network Employee Reviews

Great Place to work, Caring co-workers, supportive Management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INDecember 8, 2018
Wonderful place to be part of a health care team. The facility, guest rooms, and dinning area are clean. Guest rooms are private, all with there own bathrooms and showers. A luxury for being a CNA. Staffing is great, they do not mandate and if the floor gets heavy the management from the top down will work along side us CNA's and the Nurses. Very happy that management is making sure staff is accountable for their attendance, providing guests with great care, and treating fellow co-workers as they would want to be treated. It is an amazing place to have a work family.
Pros
No mandation, competitive pay, friendly co-workers, block scheduling
Cons
Healthcare can have shifts that are busy
Decent Pay, Terrible Benefits, Good Co-Workers.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
Corporate did not seem to really care about employees or patients, only cared about making $. Budgets were cut back as much as possible, which leads to staff doing multiple jobs and salaried staff being expected to work (unpaid) overtime. Frequent turnover at my location and at most other Symphony locations. Decent pay, however benefits are terrible and expensive. Limited opportunities for advancement, training, raises. Really enjoyed staff that I directly worked with.
Work with professionals with a passion for patient care
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILDecember 12, 2018
Symphony of Buffalo Grove has a talented and hard working staff. I really appreciate their commitment to the patients/residents. We start our daily meeting with the phrase; "Teamwork, Respect, Helpfulness, Compassion & Pride" (we recite together) as we go through our census and facility information. The difference here is that we live the motto. It is a great learning facility as we see a diverse group of patients and conditions that we take care of. Make no mistake, we work hard here and we know we are not perfect, but we strive every day to be the best we can be. I have been in healthcare since 2004 and I can tell you that Symphony is a great place to work.
Pros
Committed, talented staff
Fantastic
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INDecember 10, 2018
This place has been such a learning experience. The staff are very professional and friendly; always willing to help. The management, while firm when needed, are loving, caring and fair. They will not do for one that they cannot do for another. They are professional and courteous. NO MANDATION. That's all I have to say. Yes, the job can be stressful, but so are most when you take care of people. I have been with this company for the better part of 2 years and love it. They are great at communicating and being there when you need them the most. Take it from someone who has "stuck it out" and come see for yourself.
Pros
Residents, management, co-workers and the food
Cons
My lunches seem to go by too fast
Refreshing
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chesterton, INDecember 11, 2018
From management on down, this building is a refreshing work environment. ADON and unit managers help with admissions, take a nursing cart when needed and toilet guests. DON door is always open to lend a listening ear for personal or professional issues. Scheduler works with school schedules to allow for personal growth. Ongoing training and in-services to allow for growth. Friendly engaging staff who all try their hardest to engulf the patients in a loving and healing environment.
Pros
NO mandation, bonus shifts
Cons
normal healthcare issues
It"s like revisiting High School. And who wants to do that
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2018
Interesting place to work. Not many happy staff members. Management is just awful. Nurse show up anywhere from 15 min to 1.5 hours late daily. Short staffed no CNA's workers coming to work drunk. If you send them home nothing happen. To much favoritism . eveything is personal nothing is handle in a professional way. Trust me there are better places to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unprofessional and uncaring management and staff
Great environment & compassionate staff
Employee (Current Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILNovember 30, 2018
Great group of compassionate staff in a fast paced working environment where building relationships within all departments, residents, and family members makes it feel like a second home and creating a positive atmosphere with efficient work flow. Opportunities to grow, obtain benefits, and continue education through experience and education in the health care field.
Supportive Enviroment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2018
The management team at Symphony is very supportive. They supply you with the tools needed to get the job done. Whether it is support from upper management, webinars, or training; they make sure you are abreast of current trends, and regulation changes. The management team is just a phone call or email away.
Pros
A lot of resources
Cons
Budget cuts, but that's everywhere
HR (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJune 18, 2018
Such a great place to work everyone is so friendly and you can tell they care about you. They want you to be successful and give you the tools needed to do your job. You will have to work hard but they will notice and do reward you. The do support your education and have room for advancement.
Pros
teamwork, caring, pay
Cons
you have to work
Very sneaky and unorganized
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterton INNovember 18, 2018
Management is unorganized yu don’t get help unless you kiss butt, there is no team work you’re operating lifts by yourself nurses don’t help they bring crock pot to work and cook at the nurses station. Staff member walks around asking for narcotic and selling edible gummies. Very stressful environment with not enough pay.
Pros
The resident
Unprofessional
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chesterton, INDecember 26, 2018
Lazy staff. Careless cnas. Some good nurses but overworked and beyond stressed. Management was the worst part. Anyone in the offices is a joke and only looking out for their best interest not the guests. Everything there is very expensive even the food for the staff.
Pros
Newer and somewhat cleaner
Cons
Everything else.
Great place to work!
Great place to work! (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2018
I love my job, management, and the people I work with! I have been employed here for four years and have no intention of leaving. I would recommend this employer to anyone.
Horrible
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cahokia, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Wouldn’t recommend a pet to stay here it’s horrible the management is horrible and it’s too many people that think they have a say so in how and what you should do so unorganized and pitiful
Pros
Residents are sweet
Cons
Unorganized
Not so happy workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INSeptember 21, 2018
Work environment was HORRIBLE, everyone had bad attitudes, always short staffed. The management didn't really manage. There was no type of structure and A LOT of favoritism. Overall just not a good place to work. Although the job was quite easy and kept me busy, I was not happy working there.
Cons
This place should be shut down.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILOctober 30, 2018
THIS PLACE SUCKS! DONT WORK HERE OR BRING YOUR LOVED ONES HERE!! Management is horrible, only cares about them selves, and are overall just very selfish people.
Pros
Cons
Management, people there, short staffed, a feeling of misery
Terrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
I started here in January asked for a 7-3 position they said there were none about a month later 2 nurses where hired for the mornings..when I asked the DON about it she gave me the run around finally in April she said she would switch my schedule I was still waiting...management is a complete joke they are like high schoolers when u come to them with a problem they call the other party in to the office and you get ambushed...always short staffed when you look at the schedule it’s a “ghost” that is supposed to be working with you...only good thing about this place is you basically come and go as you please because they are so short staffed
Pros
Relaxes
Cons
Great team working collaboratively to get the job done & make a positive impact on the patients entrusted in theircare. Symphony values its employees.
admin/ operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2018
I've worked at Symphony for 5 years & I'm thankful for the opportunities they've given me.
If you're committed to the cause with good results they offer you growth opportunity & compensate you generously.
Pros
good people, warm family business feel, generous pay
Worst place I've ever worked at!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INOctober 2, 2018
First off, if you want to have a good work life balance, forget about it. When I interviewed, they told me they would be giving everyone alternating weekends. That never happened for my department. I worked worked every single weekend. I once asked my manager if I could have a Sunday off for a family event and the manager said it would be ok if I could get someone to cover my shift. I did so and the shift was covered. I come back to work that week and I receive a write up because according to the manager "I didn't give proper notice because I forgot about needing that day off," thats literally what my write up says. Even though he said it was fine as long as the shift was covered I get a write up. I give my 2 week notice and I come to find out my manager is talking bad about me saying he wishes I quit on the spot. I was taught not to burn bridges but this is the type of stuff you gotta deal with when working for these clowns. They don't appreciate anything. Certain employees get Christmas off because there is favoritism. One year I got stuck working Christmas AND Thanksgiving. You'd think they would not do that to someone but they don't care.This place is a JOKE! Second, administration doesn't care about your problems. Any time I went to HR about something that bothered me or any issue I had, it was never once in my favor. The company doesn't care about its employees, they just care that theres a body to work. Mangers talk negatively about their employees to other employees. They hire anyone off the street, then they act surprised when they have bad workers. Overall its a terrible  more... place to work.  less
Pros
Cons
Place sucks
Great place to work with some great people to work with!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Dyer, INDecember 12, 2018
It is a very busy and fast paced environment. Days fly by and the job satisfaction is second to none. Helping people is so very rewarding! Surrounded by very driven people that love to help others as well. I have learned so much from Symphony. It is very refreshing to work for a company where quality care comes first!
Pros
Collaborative work environment; affecting peoples lives in such a positive way
High Ratios
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 14, 2018
High patient to nurse ratio. Very heavy workload. There was favoritism. Favorite nurses would get very light workload maybe 16 low acuity patients while other nurse on same floor had 26 patients with a high acuity. Management was not helpful. Do NOT accept a salary for full time. You'll end up working 50+hours. Some nurses were nice to work with and helpful but the majority were rude, cold, and definitely ate their young. If I could go back I never would have worked here. I certainly wouldn't put a family member here either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symphony Post Acute Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7