Symphony Post Acute Network Employee Reviews

Decent Pay, Terrible Benefits, Good Co-Workers.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
Corporate did not seem to really care about employees or patients, only cared about making $. Budgets were cut back as much as possible, which leads to staff doing multiple jobs and salaried staff being expected to work (unpaid) overtime. Frequent turnover at my location and at most other Symphony locations. Decent pay, however benefits are terrible and expensive. Limited opportunities for advancement, training, raises. Really enjoyed staff that I directly worked with.
Worst place I've ever worked at!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INOctober 2, 2018
First off, if you want to have a good work life balance, forget about it. When I interviewed, they told me they would be giving everyone alternating weekends. That never happened for my department. I worked worked every single weekend. I once asked my manager if I could have a Sunday off for a family event and the manager said it would be ok if I could get someone to cover my shift. I did so and the shift was covered. I come back to work that week and I receive a write up because according to the manager "I didn't give proper notice because I forgot about needing that day off," thats literally what my write up says. Even though he said it was fine as long as the shift was covered I get a write up. I give my 2 week notice and I come to find out my manager is talking bad about me saying he wishes I quit on the spot. I was taught not to burn bridges but this is the type of stuff you gotta deal with when working for these clowns. They don't appreciate anything. Certain employees get Christmas off because there is favoritism. One year I got stuck working Christmas AND Thanksgiving. You'd think they would not do that to someone but they don't care.This place is a JOKE! Second, administration doesn't care about your problems. Any time I went to HR about something that bothered me or any issue I had, it was never once in my favor. The company doesn't care about its employees, they just care that theres a body to work. Mangers talk negatively about their employees to other employees. They hire anyone off the street, then they act surprised when they have bad workers. Overall its a terrible  more... place to work.  less
Pros
Cons
Place sucks
Management is a joke
Cook (Current Employee) –  Dyer INSeptember 30, 2018
There's so many problems here but no one wants to deal with them. Kitchen is filthy and people get away with not cleaning all the time. Management doesn't manage.
Not so happy workplace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dyer, INSeptember 21, 2018
Work environment was HORRIBLE, everyone had bad attitudes, always short staffed. The management didn't really manage. There was no type of structure and A LOT of favoritism. Overall just not a good place to work. Although the job was quite easy and kept me busy, I was not happy working there.
Cons
You get in where you fit in....
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
This is what I was told by a nursing supervisor at this facility after informing her that the aide previously assigned to a resident did not provide adequate care, as the resident was completely soiled in bed and unable to provide any assistance for themselves.
HR (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJune 18, 2018
Such a great place to work everyone is so friendly and you can tell they care about you. They want you to be successful and give you the tools needed to do your job. You will have to work hard but they will notice and do reward you. The do support your education and have room for advancement.
Pros
teamwork, caring, pay
Cons
you have to work
No support from HR
Employee (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 8, 2018
I worked at Aurora. The residents kept me coming back. Very hostile work environment. The hardest place I have ever worked!!
Always short staffed. Management didn't care.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Always worked short
Terrible
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 26, 2018
I started here in January asked for a 7-3 position they said there were none about a month later 2 nurses where hired for the mornings..when I asked the DON about it she gave me the run around finally in April she said she would switch my schedule I was still waiting...management is a complete joke they are like high schoolers when u come to them with a problem they call the other party in to the office and you get ambushed...always short staffed when you look at the schedule it’s a “ghost” that is supposed to be working with you...only good thing about this place is you basically come and go as you please because they are so short staffed
Pros
Relaxes
Good place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, ILMarch 20, 2018
The residents made my job awesome! The work of course is continuous and non stop, but it is over all a good experience. The hardest part of the job is getting attached to the residents and one passes away.
Cons
not evryone is going to care as much as you do
Fast paced and friendly environment
Central Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILMarch 16, 2018
There is plenty of room for advancement and you will love the people you work with. Unfortunately HR makes you feel that they are there for the company and not you considering the HR and the administrator are related. Because of this it is very hard to tell HR anything because she always has the administrator in there with her.
Pros
Helpful staff
Cons
Accrued vacation days
Honest review
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILMarch 2, 2018
Most low funded facilities aren’t good quality, which is typical. Symphony at Aria does have many employees who have stayed more than 5 years, but some people get comfortable and settle for certain things. Some may be happy as well. Worked morning and night shift. Memory Care units should not have double rooms nor alert long term patients on its unit. Many employees are in their own cliques, and the older Resident Assistants tease/go against the younger ones. Human Resources is a wonderful department, and works very hard on having a reliable team (all departments). Linens are locked in a basement, so RAs would have to get key from nurse to be able to stock supplies for residents. This is a great place for new Certified Nursing Assistants, because it can be heavy at times and they’ll learn how to adapt in hectic situations.
Pros
Human Resources, flexible with students
Cons
Patient ratio, resident/patient meals, staff
Great Family Atmophere
Vice President, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILFebruary 27, 2018
Working in nursing homes is not easy, but when it is like working with Family at least it is fun. The people are great and so are the residents!!!!!!
Pros
Great People
Cons
Hard Work
Symphony at 87th st.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2018
People know to avoid being on welfare you need to work, but because so many hypocritical, doubtful,hateful people i was fired on my 1st day, people would rather see me starve,than take care of myself by making a living.
Pros
Im able to make 86.25 per day to take care of myself.But the staff feels my skin is too dark.
Cons
My cna orientator, adminstrator, and hr manager probably have substance abuse problems
worst cna job
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesterton, INFebruary 14, 2018
hands down most horrible place to work. mandation on top of going on call 2x a week. the most awful management system I have seen in any job, not just health care. Zero appreciation. Patient overload. patient acquity high. unsafe workplace. don't be fooled by the new building and starbucks.
High Ratios
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 14, 2018
High patient to nurse ratio. Very heavy workload. There was favoritism. Favorite nurses would get very light workload maybe 16 low acuity patients while other nurse on same floor had 26 patients with a high acuity. Management was not helpful. Do NOT accept a salary for full time. You'll end up working 50+hours. Some nurses were nice to work with and helpful but the majority were rude, cold, and definitely ate their young. If I could go back I never would have worked here. I certainly wouldn't put a family member here either.
Do not work here!
Former Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo Grove, ILFebruary 6, 2018
I worked for Symphony in Buffalo Grove,IL location as a nurse. Do not work here. Management is not professional, they have favoritism and do not treat staff with fairness. The nursing supervisor in the evening sits in her office talking on her cell phone most of the time, gets mad if nurses ask “stupid” questions. The nursing supervisor is easily hot tempered and only does the bare minimum in helping the floor nurses. They give a hard time if you call in even if you’re the type of person that doesn’t call in unless it’s urgent. Watch out in working here, you deserve to work somewhere else in a better working environment.
Cons
Favoritism, Low pay, Poor management
Everyone is family
Management (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJanuary 25, 2018
Everyone is treated like an extension of family from the residents to the staff. Very enjoyable place to work. All of the staff work very hard and it shows by the care they give.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Learn a lot but they will burn you out
Director of Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJanuary 2, 2018
A very good learning experience, very high turnover. You are not micro managed but you are expected to work 10 hour days and not have lunch, the job was very rewarding but did not have weekends.
Pros
Rewarding, pay
Cons
No lunch or weekends, expected to run around all day
Treated like garbage
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croen Point, indianaJanuary 1, 2018
CAN workers are treat like dogs. Management is unorganized and they do not know how to schedule properly. It's run poorly.

You do not get paid enough and they do not care when you loose yiur husband to suicide, they just care about themselves.
Love my job
Administration (Current Employee) –  Belvidere, ILDecember 29, 2017
Been there for 3 years and i drive 35 mins to get there because the people i work with are amazing! The residents are like family. I enjoy the fun work environment and being able to help in any way possible! Great team work!
Pros
Treated like family ❤️

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symphony Post Acute Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3