Symtech

Working at Symtech: 38 Reviews

United States38 reviews

Productive and positive environment

I call,email, and talk face to face with customers daily. Assist with scheduling customer and oversees 3 different scheduling systems. Approximately deal with 300 customer a month.

Good place for someone who has other things going on outside of work.

If you want a job where you do absolutely nothing on the daily bases, this is the place for you! The actual job, and tasks are not bad at all, but the management is horrible. When there is work to do, you will be given a task by a supervisor, 10 mins later you’ll get told to do something totally different by a different supervisor, and then 10 mins after that you’ll be told to do something different again! The program managers talk about one another behind each other’s back, and most of the time you’ll be confused as to what they want out of you. What I will say is this is a job for someone who has other things going on outside of work, because you’ll have so much free time to get it done because this job is super slow, and rarely busy. Pays $19.49 per hour with no raises and no overtime, and no room for advancement. They don’t care about you, so use them for what you need/want out of them and then get out of there. The turnover rate is super high.

Pros

Free time, weekly pay

Cons

Don’t have that kind of time to list all cons

Symtech insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

contractor

military contractor position, have to learn quickly, no pay raise, year to year. its a good place if you can work quickly and do not argue. Just show up, do your job, you will be fine.

Extremely tight working quarters and very low pay

Overall, the management (owners) do not have respect for the staff, are too much of micromanagers since they don't really trust their staff to do a good job. I was promised a raise if I learned a specific task, I learned it, performed it several times and the raise never came. I was never reimbursed for personal funds I spent on office supplies even after filling out required accounting paperwork. Owner asked me to do some tasks way outside of my job scope - to the point of crawling on top of mildew boxes in their personal garage/record storage area for files to fix an old problem left by previous employees. Office is clean, but extremely tight quarters and not the right type of furniture to really work well. Sometimes I was setup right next to the bathroom and it could get quite smelly as well as noisy since it was right next to the kitchenette area. I did the best I could, but it was very hard to concentrate with bad smells and noise. The hired staff employees were great (especially their CPA), but many did not stay long because of all of the above listed issues.

Productive work place

This is a productive work place however, the contract is ending and will not be renewed. The opportunity for me to convert to Government Service is not available.

Terrible place to work

If you can go elsewhere for employment. Very bad company to work for. They never pay you on time, have a hard time making payroll I guess, no paid time off, no room for advancement, insurance plans are more expensive than getting it on your own, over 400$ a week for insurance alone, Net pay is terrible, dead end job, management is non existent, doesn’t have a clue, worst place that I have ever worked.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Low pay, dead end job, no paid time off, insurance too expensive, bad management, etc

good place to work

Fast paced and challenging work, co workers are friendly and helpful assembly work can be repetitive and slow at times. Management seems to be open to employees suggestions and mostly cooperative in dealing with employees.

Awesome place to work.

Such a great place to work. I have worked for the company for the last 6 months. And I have had no issues and would recommend this company to others. Happy hunting.

Symtech

They do well with working with employees as long as the job gets done. If you come to them and say you need to leave because of an appointment they will really work with you. The training here is relaxed paced and they make sure that you ate comfortable before sending you to do a job on your own.

Careers come here to die

Horrible management communication Disgusting environment No ability to learn Filthy break area Unprofessional security guards Lack of advancement Lack of tools until months later

Great Learning Potential

Great Learning potential and great place to work. Learned about government accounting and a great team atmosphere. A typical day involves multi tasking.

Fast paced work involved

Fast paced work involved with little to no advancement or acknowledgement of work. Treated as an outsider and not included in any outside operations. Unable to advance and no yearly raise.

Unprofessional

Nothing was organized properly. The job responsiblities were very inconsistant and out of order. The training wasn't consistant and focused on the job.

Pros

I had my own cubicle

Cons

unorganized

Temp Company

It was a good place to work but the management was not and it made it difficult to work there and or stay working for them. the work hours were great and the my coworkers were great to work around.

Pros

locating and people

Cons

management

Fun work place, good managers, busy, good environment here at VA

The human resource managers strongly favor promoting a fun work environment because the companys believe such environments offer great benefits both to the individual and the organization. To them, fun working environments are here to stay, not just another passing managerial fad.

Pros

Great environment, very busy, managers good to work with, learning other positions

Cons

The temp agency good and than not so good. Not VA but Symtech

Pleasant place to work.

Government contractor for the Department of Homeland Security. Inquiry and claims processing center for ICE claims. Cordial an somewhat quiet environment. Policies and procedures in place and adhered to. Client and peer contact via telephone.

Pros

Procedures and policies up-to-date.

Cons

No room for advancement

Fun workplace

Typical day at work: make pizzas, clean store, delivery to customers on time, close store. I learned how to deal with different personalities. Hardest part of the job was during lunch rush.

Pros

Cool staff

Cons

Low pay

Productive place to work

Good overall, just started. I do not know much about anything because the contract is ending in the next couple of weeks. The work is easy and not too difficult. They make it easy to catch on and everyone is extremely nice and approachable.

Never a dull moment, always meeting, communicating,and negotiating with customers their needs and wants.Required strong people skills. Management was very supportive and understood sometimes a need for change and compromise. Co-workers were dedicated and willing to go beyond. The hardest part of job was the need to be creative and required the ability to think outside the box. The best part of the job were the people and interacting with them.

Pros

Good people with family atmophere

Cons

No 401k

Very good place to work. Paid very well and treats employees with respect. I'm going to miss them all.

I couldn't find a better place to work. They employ some of the best technicians in the industry. Very laid back. Unfortunatly I have to relocate and I will miss them all very much.

Pros

Best place for a skilled tecnician you could find.

Cons

They're too nice. Makes it very hard to leave.

unorganized and played favorities a lot

I worked my booty off for this company, I was always the first person in and the last person to leave. I ended up getting really sick and was hospitalized and was fired for a no call no show. Mind you I even was taken out of work one day by ambulance because I was so sick yet I still was trying to go to work and do my job because they said if I did not show up I would be terminated!

Pros

I was able to get my security clearance reactivated

Cons

to many to name

Common questions about Symtech

Answered by current and former employees at Symtech

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symtech. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits