Symtech Employee Reviews

Don’t work here
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 12, 2019
When you get hired for a full time position, they forget to tell you it’s really only a contract position. They promise a benefit package but never deliver. Management is a joke and knows little to nothing about the work.
Great Learning Potential
Finance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 1, 2018
Great Learning potential and great place to work. Learned about government accounting and a great team atmosphere. A typical day involves multi tasking.
Fast paced work involved
Senior Data Imager (Current Employee) –  Millington, TNJanuary 18, 2018
Fast paced work involved with little to no advancement or acknowledgement of work. Treated as an outsider and not included in any outside operations. Unable to advance and no yearly raise.
Unprofessional
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 2, 2017
Nothing was organized properly. The job responsiblities were very inconsistant and out of order. The training wasn't consistant and focused on the job.
Pros
I had my own cubicle
Cons
unorganized
Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOMarch 8, 2016
Never a dull moment, always meeting, communicating,and negotiating with customers their needs and wants.Required strong people skills. Management was very supportive and understood sometimes a need for change and compromise. Co-workers were dedicated and willing to go beyond. The hardest part of job was the need to be creative and required the ability to think outside the box.
The best part of the job were the people and interacting with them.
Pros
Good people with family atmophere
Cons
No 401k
unorganized and played favorities a lot
Contract Worker for VA Financial Office (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 15, 2015
I worked my booty off for this company, I was always the first person in and the last person to leave. I ended up getting really sick and was hospitalized and was fired for a no call no show. Mind you I even was taken out of work one day by ambulance because I was so sick yet I still was trying to go to work and do my job because they said if I did not show up I would be terminated!
Pros
I was able to get my security clearance reactivated
Cons
to many to name
Productive and positive environment
JR BUSINESS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MarylandJune 15, 2015
I call,email, and talk face to face with customers daily. Assist with scheduling customer and oversees 3 different scheduling systems. Approximately deal with 300 customer a month.
Government Contracting
Electronic Communications Technician III (Current Employee) –  Port Hueneme, CAJune 2, 2015
The company is good, but the government did not write an appropriate contract thus making my job all but pointless. Good company but bad execution of the contract.
Pros
Schedual freedom
Cons
Yearly contract renewal
Team Oriented
contractor for the USACE (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNFebruary 23, 2015
It was awesome to walk in the office each morning to smiling faces and genuine hello's, but what was more awesome was that each day when I left, I saw the same smile's and the good by's were as genuine as the one's when I got there. I have been a coach for 20 years and my highest value of a sports team that I look for and strive to obtain is team work, and in the USACE Finance Center Mailroom team work defined us!
Pros
team work, understanding
Cons
n/a
Real Team Atmosphere
Jr. Business Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millington, TNFebruary 21, 2015
Being a youth and high school head coach most my life, I really enjoyed and embrace the teamwork concept. All were pleasant to one another and always ready and willing to help out our fellow co-workers to make sure that all work which was on a time basis was done in more than a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part for me was all the friendly faces every morning and the same faces when time to leave. Never saw a problem that we as a group were not ready and willing to solve.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
n/a
Logs & Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  NAS KingsvilleJuly 29, 2014
Contract work @ NAS Kingsville. I met new people from everywhere. I kept log hours for student pilots.
Pros
Easy work conditions
Cons
Contract position. Never knew from one year to the next if we kept our job
productive commercial plumbing shop
Maintenance /Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJune 29, 2014
Great company and atmosphere to work in friendly co workers working for a military installation gives the sense of giving back for what they do to protect the very freedom that we all live under.
A contractor for the Fed Gov
Accounting Tech I I (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 24, 2014
This contractor promises raises, promotions, and bonus. In the six yrs I have been with this company, I have Never got a bonus nor a raise. I make exactly what a person off the street with no experience makes. If you are not a lead or in charge they dont even know your name. They take money for the H&W benefits that the gov gives us per hour to pay for health insurance and never tell us how much the monthly insurance cost, nor do they give us what is owed that isnt used for the insurance. They have been turned over to the labor board twice for this.

Not a good company!
Pros
Cons
everything
Typical military contractor provider.
Ecologist (Former Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAFebruary 25, 2014
Very much enjoyed being a contractor on a military base. Enjoyed working with staff on Camp Pendleton.
Do not clearly explain they hire people to work as contract workers at other companies.
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 11, 2012
I did not understand I would be working as a contract worker at the VA FSC in Austin, Texas. I thought they were hiring me to work at the VA FSC as the hiring company. I thought I would actually be working for the government.
Also, they have many rules and policies that are extremely different from the actual employers' rules and policies so it is sometimes difficult to know exactly what the rules and policies are.
Cons
unclear rules and policies
i like this job
Accounting tech (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 29, 2012
no job security but great place to work for. awsome work place
Pros
good pay and days off
Cons
no job security