SYNAGRO Technologies, Inc Employee Reviews

Run away dont look back seriously run away!!
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCMay 22, 2019
Worked out of Pineville location. Job culture is bad, toxic environment that starts with operations manager! The company as a whole is not too bad they could do so much better to retain people and train them more efficiently. But location at Pineville is terrible, constant staff turnover, bad management who dont care about anything but themselves. Way to many snitches, hotlines back to management. Pay raises are not based on production and values more payed on who you are and what alliances you have, TRULY TOXIC place with TOXIC people. Advice..... RUN AWAY and dont look back I have wasted years listening to empty promises and being around truly awful people. You can do so much better than this company and this location. Buyer be aware. .... You have been warned!!
Pros
You get to clock out and go home
Cons
None that i seriously can think of
Unstable company who's upper management is clueless
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDApril 19, 2019
Company doesn't pay their bills. Upper management doesn't have a clue about day to day plant operations but continues to try to dictate things they don't understand. Raises given according to who they can manipulate the most and who makes them feel important. Work is very boring.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Terrible area management
Good Experience
Regional EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 11, 2019
I learned about environmental compliance and good corporate citizenry. Flexible hours. Inexperienced management. Overall good safety culture. The hardest part, slow decision making. Most enjoyable, flexible schedule.
This place is horrible
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2019
This was a good place to work at one time but since new owners have come into place this company only looks out for the people in upper management not the people that actually makes them the money. I’ve lost 10 years at this place hopping it would get better but it just gets worse.
Nice and quite environment
VB.NET Developer (Current Employee) –  White Marsh, MDJanuary 3, 2019
An accomplished Software Developer experienced in the full-life cycle of the business application design process including but not limited to: definition requirements, prototyping, proof of concept design, interface implementation, data extraction and manipulation, testing, deployment, maintenance.
Ok
Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 17, 2018
Hard to get 40 hr. week. Otherwise, workload is good. Only small number of drivers at this location. Back-up truck needs better maintenance. (eg., tires)
Transportation department
Transportation Manager- Nuway (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIDecember 5, 2018
Transportation department transportation department transportation department is the best good place to work at hours and pay are great and management is good
You get what you give
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
Can be a rewarding place, but can also be unstable at times. Hard work will be rewarded in the short term, but sometimes not always in the long term. Overall it was a great foot in the door but lack of upward movement was the last straw.
Pros
No micromanagement, Company Truck, Great bosses
Cons
Unstable work climate, Constant Travel
great company
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2018
Average company to work for. environment is some what friendly and safe place to work.

I learned a lot of new skills while at synagro, and supervisors listen to your issues.
Management and status of company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 28, 2018
The company is owned by a 3rd Party Investment Group and the focus is on EBIDTA results at the expense of employees and vendors. What is the succession plan for employees is a major issue.
Pros
Cons
Current focus is on short term financial results
Great place to work.
Shift Supervisor and Plant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2018
Fast paced culture. Hands on management in all aspects to the mission. Great people to work with. Very professional climate. Hard work. Great turning point in my career.
na
Operator mechanic at Stamford WPCA (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 9, 2018
Not challenging anymore.Looking for advancement.Not paid for my skill set.Everyone starts at the same rate of pay regardless of experience .My co worker and I have personally saved the company tens of thousands of dollars in preventing them in calling in contractors such as welders,electricians,instrumentation techs,This is a line of work that i'm not paid to do and yet I do it for my own experience.Its time to move on as i am not happy with it anymore.
Pros
Very free with little to no supervision do to the boss's trust in me
Cons
raise intervals.personal double standards
I enjoyed being a subcontract hauler for this company
Sub contractor (Former Employee) –  Lillington, NCAugust 6, 2018
I hauled residuals and heavy equipment for this company they kept me very busy the majority of the time the direct people I worked with and four were all great people, I also assisted working with them on projects in the field. I never had any problem staying busy working they always had something for me to do. It was a really good company I just went out of business myself
Pros
I was my own boss and stayed busy working most of the time
Lead Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Naugatuck, CTAugust 1, 2018
Worked 8 hours or more per day always busy which made the day fast. Work tasks varied everyday, handle all road breakdowns while staying late to finish tasks that had to go status.
Pros
Was pretty much my own boss. performed purchasing and all functions to keep shop efficiently running
Cons
Poor upper management comunication
Horrible management and
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 14, 2018
Synagro is owned by an equity firm, so job security is severely lacking due to career future. Terrible executive leadership team with no future direction.
Opportunities for improvement
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 11, 2018
Personnel within the operating facilities are dedicated, hard working individuals who want to perform well. There is a communication disconnect between personnel at the facilities and corporate management.
Pros
Passion and desire of operations personnel
Cons
Management / Leadership, Poor Communication (Transparency)
No incentives
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 12, 2018
Team chemistry is lacking , stressful and we seldom receive pay raises. Manager has lacking leadership qualities and never leaves his office. Each employee should be supplied all necessary tools in order to efficiently do his job.
Pros
Immediate supervisors are pleasant to work for
Cons
Bad management
Terrible Place to Work
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 28, 2018
An endless cycle of CEO's shuffling through does not a stable company make. Owned by a Swedish investment group, Synagro is merely a shell looking for a buyer at this point.
Company on decline
Technical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Mocksville, NCJanuary 21, 2018
A company that is losing money and talent. Recently went through bankruptcy to eliminate debt but it seems to not be helping. A lot of talent has been leaving and management does nothing to stop the out flow.
Keep missing the mark
Worker (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 19, 2017
This company spends more money on executive retreats than salary and their employees. Out of sync with reality. Such a disconnect with their employees. They are constantly hiring outside of the company as opposed to building from within.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYNAGRO Technologies, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9